*****The Official Houston Texans 2024: Slowik strikes back****

124,418 Views | 1991 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by IrishAg
Cynic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Texans didn't lose because of Tunsil, but it's time for him to be benched. His continuation of pre snap penalties coupled with his whiny attitude are a bad combination.
MaxPower
Cynic said:

The Texans didn't lose because of Tunsil, but it's time for him to be benched. His continuation of pre snap penalties coupled with his whiny attitude are a bad combination.
I don't know why we keep giving him money. Somehow he is a pro bowler every year so suggest we sell high.
gambochaman
AG
W
AG
is Andre untouchable?

might need to be a little careful with the criticism
Yoda
AG
He is not wrong. I know it's the "Texans radio network", but it should not be state run media. The fans deserve and appreciate hearing the truth.

If he was that mad after the first flag, what did he sound like after the others?
Pahdz
Yoda said:

If he was that mad after the first flag, what did he sound like after the others?

That's what I wanna know
redag06
Only idiots think pro bowl means anything.
TMF
AG
I hope Andre is as just as mad at the whole team and coaching staff. That was not a professional team. They quit and should be booed at home.
gambochaman
AG
Yoda said:

He is not wrong. I know it's the "Texans radio network", but it should not be state run media. The fans deserve and appreciate hearing the truth.

I listened to most of it on the radio since I was at minute maid

Andre was HOT…you could tell it took him a lot of effort to not yell curse words at tunsil

He was also royally PISSED about the 1v1 blocking of grenard by a TE
maca1028

GTFO!
Pahdz
He's trying to jump the snap to get set quicker on passing plays and he's not guessing right.

He's not jumping on run plays. He needs to just play by the rules and stop trying to cheat.
The Porkchop Express
AG
W said:

is Andre untouchable?

might need to be a little careful with the criticism
What did he say that wasn't 100% true? And then it happened FIVE MORE TIMES
Poot
Tunsil: "I admit, he did it."
LB12Diamond
AG
Watching the Falcons Chief game. Both of their left tackles were lined up just like our guy all game and maybe worse. Guess how many times they were flagged for not being on the line. Both of those calls were total BS in the game.
JohnnyTexAg1995
I said this early in the game, either put another line of scrimmage out there of where they have to set up to make it obvious or change the rule back. It's literally a random penalty depending on what ref crew you get cause ver LT in the league sets up in the exact same place. We unfortunately got a ref who decided to just call it on us, cause sees flash the MN LT was lining up in the same place. And guess what, so was Tunsil on plays they didn't call it. It's a completely randomized penalty
Gig 'Em and God Bless
Max Power
AG
Really disappointing result yesterday but how they respond is what matters. They haven't had a great game yet this season. Yesterday felt like Carolina from last year, just nothing was working. I'm sure meetings today will be brutal for everyone, no one is without blame for what happened. 2-1 isn't a bad place to be, fingers crossed they needed their tails whipped like that to do better. Next 3 games are Jags, Bills, and Pats.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Beyond the penalties, what bummed me out yesterday was that they didn't seem to think they might struggle to run the ball and that the Vikings would be able to come after Stroud relentlessly. Surely they have some quarterback keepers dialed up where he can run straight up the gut out of the gun when they are sending guys on both sides. I keep waiting for that wrinkle to show up in a game plan. I realize how important he is, but he could really make the defenses have to stop crowing the line so much with a few 15 yarders up the gut.
Cartographer
That's a great point. Just get 5 yards and get down. Keep them honest.
gambochaman
AG
The stupid illegal procedure penalties need to stop….its subjective….its random….and its making games insufferable to watch

Also the 'dynamic' kickoff is garbage
redag06
Can't believe people are actually blaming calls, after that game.

This team was embarassed, CJ looked lost and can't feel the pressure coming, the line can't block for him and is going to get him injured, the defense couldn't cover anyone. Offensive play calling was awful.

This team will be tested in the coming weeks, weeks 1 & 2 were against bad teams and they didn't do well against either of them.
LB12Diamond
AG
Try again

We are pointing out a very specific penalty that 98% of the time is never called even though tackles on every NFL team lineup the same. And yet it was called twice in our game only on one team.

NFL officiating overall is starting to get as bad as college officiating. Pretty much cost the Falcons the game last night. Just bc our final score was not close does not mean it a crew decides to randomly call that penalty in the future it might affect us. It's a stupid rule to begin with anyway.
redag06
LB12Diamond said:

Try again

We are pointing out a very specific penalty that 98% of the time is never called even though tackles on every NFL team lineup the same. And yet it was called twice in our game only on one team.

NFL officiating overall is starting to get as bad as college officiating. Pretty much cost the Falcons the game last night. Just bc our final score was not close does not mean it a crew decides to randomly call that penalty in the future it might affect us. It's a stupid rule to begin with anyway.

The league is making it a point of emphasis starting this year, the refs came to training camp and pointed it out to the linemen. It's always been a rule, they are now looking out for it. There is holding on every play, if it was called every play, there would be no game

Tunsil is notorious for lining up this way because he's not very good and he's trying to get a jump on the defensive end..
Texan_Aggie
AG
The Texans were 4th in penalties in 2023 with 114 (behind NYJ, CLV, and DAL).

The Texans are 3rd in penalties in 2024 with 28 (behind BAL, CLV). This is on pace for 159 penalties.

We can debate whether the rules are good or not, but they are the rules for both teams and if something's getting called a certain way, you adjust. This is on the player to execute, but also on the coaches as if someone just isn't "getting it" or, worse, intentionally disregarded a tendency, you do something to change the behavior (i.e. bench them).

The most concerning thing about this is Tunsil has no threat to take his job, commits the most penalties, seems to be of the view none are his fault, and this is after he basically didn't have to practice in training camp. He has tremendous talent, but DeMeco has a problem on his hands if he doesn't hold him accountable. I'm not suggesting benching Tunsil, yet. DeMeco has to gain control of the situation though or possibly you could lose control of the team. It's odd to me because when you hear the stories of how DeMeco attacked the game as a player and as a coach, it's about as opposite as you can get from Tunsil.
W
AG
Texans have scored 10 points in their last 6 quarters
W
AG
Fairbairn has already attempted 7 field goals of 50+ yards in 3 games

that's a good stat and a bad stat

good because he can make 50-yarders...6 of 7 so far

bad because many drives are stalling around the opponent's 35-yard line
gambochaman
AG
redag06 said:

Can't believe people are actually blaming calls, after that game.

This team was embarassed, CJ looked lost and can't feel the pressure coming, the line can't block for him and is going to get him injured, the defense couldn't cover anyone. Offensive play calling was awful.

This team will be tested in the coming weeks, weeks 1 & 2 were against bad teams and they didn't do well against either of them.
Nowhere in my post did I blame calls for the loss. the texans got their asses handed to them, no doubt.

What I did point out though is that the game is starting to become unwatchable because of all these ticky tack flags the refs are throwing. Its like the gdamn nba where if someone sneezes a little too hard a whistle is blown.
gambochaman
AG
The good news is our division sucks balls
BoxingAg84
gambochaman
AG
Which one of yall did this

IrishAg

The Bills game is going to be interesting in 2 weeks. I see them talking a lot of trash 3 games in after playing 3 horrible defenses (2 of them at home).
MaxPower
I think the trade will go down as an L not because of Diggs specifically but it's clear there is some overlap between him and Tank. Could that second rounder have been used for something that was a more clear need?
IrishAg
MaxPower said:

I think the trade will go down as an L not because of Diggs specifically but it's clear there is some overlap between him and Tank. Could that second rounder have been used for something that was a more clear need?
Good point, Slowick needs to figure out something that works better between the 2 because so far Nico seems like the only consistent target that CJ has right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.