*** Cowboys - Packers NFC Playoff Thread ***

78,363 Views | 1156 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by BartInLA
TexAgs23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McCarthy with another win for Green Bay....
TaggiesT
3 games, 3 blowouts. Hopefully the Rams Lions game will be more entertaining
wangus12
AG
So who do the Cowboys hire next. Bill B? Harbaugh, Siriani after he gets fired
TexasAggiesWin
S
That Wiz Khalifa hit different after a loss.

Time to figure out why this team completely collapses every single playoff game.
turf guy ag
wangus12 said:

Mike Vrabel. Jerry thinks hes's the next BB but gets to retain control of the team.
MookieBlaylock
AG
wangus12 said:

Siriani ain't getting a HC job ever again

The answer is Belicheck is the first call
Harbaugh the second
Stat Monitor Repairman
EA out there in a bath robe still kickin it.,
Reno Hightower
That

Was

Glorious!
jwag
AG
Opposite here.
Sharpshooter
AG
The Boy's lost. It is what it is.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Ugly game for sure. What a disappointment
Mathguy64
AG
wangus12 said:

You should run away from Belichek as fast as humanly possible. He won't have Tom Brady to run everything. So that probably means Jerry is already calling.
Project Gemini
AG
Maybe the upset people in here should go cry somewhere besides the internet
mncag
Sharpshooter said:

The Boy's lost. It is what it is.

I hope what it is is lots of coaches and players lose their jobs that's what it should be
zgolfz85
AG
painful watching these 2 teams play coherent looking offense right off the bat
jr15aggie
AG
Guys... our Cowboy game threads are where we talk about every game. We don't post much in our season thread during games. It's still a Cowboys fan thread.... So yes, talking smack in there when we are losing makes you ass holes.

We've explained this before. Talk crap about us all you want in here, but how about showing a little more class for your fellow Aggies that root for the other pro team.
ApachePilot
AG
Cowboys will never win with Jerry. The best thing Jerry ever did was hire Jimmy. Once he blew that up over his own ego he just continued to ruin the cowboys but made a lot of money. Jerry cares about money more than winning. Until that changes nothing changes.
TaggiesT
Refs just screwed the Lions. For real this time.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
TaggiesT said:

Refs just screwed the Lions. For real this time.

Bigtime.
TaggiesT
jr15aggie said:

Guys... our Cowboy game threads are where we talk about every game. We don't post much in our season thread during games. It's still a Cowboys fan thread.... So yes, talking smack in there when we are losing makes you ass holes.

We've explained this before. Talk crap about us all you want in here, but how about showing a little more class for your fellow Aggies that root for the other pro team.
Honestly I don't mind it and think the threads should be open to any one to comment on. We don't have to be so sensitive and thin skinned like the Houston fans whose delicate nature can't handle such a game thread. We've had some good balanced game threads with other fans like the Seattle games with Apache and some Packers threads with WiscAg. I enjoyed those and found the weak Houston trolls easy to pass up. Besides they've never been in a position to talk trash, so its always funny coming from them.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
jr15aggie said:

Given how ****ing toxic The D and other Astros fans have made the MLB board, if the Texans get any semblance of success, this board will turn to **** as well.
Macarthur
But here's the thing. I don't think about the Texans. At all. So then coming over here taking S is kinda weird, if you ask me.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

jr15aggie said:

Given how ****ing toxic The D and other Astros fans have made the MLB board, if the Texans get any semblance of success, this board will turn to **** as well.

I have nothing to say about that as an Astros and Cowboys fan.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

jr15aggie said:

Yeesh. My condolences.

How does that happen ? Grow up in Austin/SA?

I grew up in North Austin and grew up loving both the Astros and the Rangers. Most of my family is from Fort Worth though, so I gravitated naturally to the DFW teams since I'd attend those more often.

I'd say it was 50/50 Rangers/Astros, but 90/10 Cowboys/Oilers. But this was the early 90s, so that makes sense.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

jr15aggie said:

Yeesh. My condolences.

How does that happen ? Grow up in Austin/SA?

I grew up in North Austin and grew up loving both the Astros and the Rangers. Most of my family is from Fort Worth though, so I gravitated naturally to the DFW teams since I'd attend those more often.

I'd say it was 50/50 Rangers/Astros, but 90/10 Cowboys/Oilers. But this was the early 90s, so that makes sense.

Small town South Texas. I grew up with my grandparents living next door in the early 90's. My Grandpa loved both the Astros and Rangers but he liked the Astros a little bit more. I was over there every day as a kid watching the Astros with him. Grandpa died mid-season when the Stros finally won the World Series in 2017. He was also a Cowboy fan like I am.
Southlake
Talk all the smack about the Cowboys you want - they deserve it; actually jerry and his cronies deserve it.

Tired of fans crying when the cowboys lose or someone makes a comment that hurts their feelings. Get over it.
94chem
Southlake said:

Talk all the smack about the Cowboys you want - they deserve it; actually jerry and his cronies deserve it.

Tired of fans crying when the cowboys lose or someone makes a comment that hurts their feelings. Get over it.
True, but Cowboy fans talk their own smack about themselves. 36-15 the past 3 seasons without a divisional playoff win doesn't need any more comment. Texan fans coming over and talking smack is like Marjorie Taylor Green talking smack to Margaret Thatcher. Would she have even noticed?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jr15aggie said:

Well put.

I don't get going onto message boards and wallowing in other people's misery.
Project Gemini
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

jr15aggie said:

Well put.

I don't get going onto message boards and wallowing in other people's misery.
The entire internet is posting on message boards and social media wallowing in Cowboy's fans misery. Congrats on the moral victory being above the fray. I'm sure its just the boogieman Texans fans drumming all this up.
911sAg
HOw embarrassing for Cowgirl fans running smack with Superbowl's that were won in the stone age..Yall are fairly insignificant franchise for the most part(on field results)
DannyDuberstein
AG
911sAg said:

HOw embarrassing for Cowgirl fans running smack with Superbowl's that were won in the stone age..Yall are fairly insignificant franchise for the most part(on field results)

Oh look, another sock using c-guzzler. Probably an altuve fan
Yellerjacket
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cowboys choke in playoffs. In other news, water, wet.

More at 6.
This is the first time in a while I can think of the Cowboys "choking" in the playoffs. They've been pretty good in the playoffs for a while. Losing to a better team is not "choking". If that's the case, there are a LOT of chokers in the NFL. Definitely a choke job yesterday. Dak even said in the presser..."My mind was going faster than my body". Paraphrasing, but that's the definition of choking.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The No. 7 Green Bay Packers dominated the No. 2 Dallas Cowboys on from start to finish on the road to become the first No. 7 seed to win a playoff and snap their 16-game home winning streak. As a result, the Cowboys became the first team to lose to a No. 7 seed since the playoff expansion to 14 teams in 2020 and lost a home game for the first time since a 19-3 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on 9/11/2022, 490 days prior or 70 weeks prior. I noticed several other trends.

1. Since 2009, the Packers have won 10 of 11 games against the Cowboys, including 3 playoff games (2014, 2016, and 2023). 2 of those playoff wins were at the AT&T Stadium.

2. Matt Lafleur is now 3-0 against the Cowboys, including 2 wins at the AT&T Stadium by 10+ points each.

3. Matt Lafleur has improved to 3-3 in playoff games and got his first road playoff win.

4. As the Cowboys head coach, Mike McCarthy has fallen to 1-3 in road playoff games including 0-2 at home.

5. Mike McCarthy is now 0-2 against his former NFL team.

6. According to ESPN, the Cowboys became the first NFL team to win 12 games in 3 consecutive seasons and not make the conference championship game even once.

7. Since the Cowboys defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers 27-17 in Super Bowl XXX on 1/28/1996, they are 5-13 in the playoffs, including home playoff losses in 1998, 2007, 2016, 2021, and 2023.

8. As a result, the Cowboys' drought without an NFC Championship Game appearance has reached 28 years. If the Detroit Lions beat the Philadelphia Eagles or Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Cowboys and the Commanders would be the only NFC teams that did not make at least one NFC Championship Game appearance since the start of the 1996 season.
DannyDuberstein
AG
/NFLGPT
Macarthur

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.