*******The Official Houston Texans 2023: The reign of Meco thread************

605,830 Views | 8722 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Texan_Aggie
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I disagree with that 100%. I bet if you go back and look at hall of famers and where they were drafted (strictly first rounders) they are pretty spread out throughout the round.
IrishAg
Harry Dunne said:

All of this "traded too much" talk is TBD. These aren't ufcking pokemons, they're football players and its a crapshoot.

If Anderson ends up a star, then it was a genius move. If not, then we can talk about having traded too much. But the odds of getting 1 star @ 3 are higher than at the odds of getting even 1 out of the lower 2 spots.
Everything is TBD, and honestly if you're gonna trade up you do it to select the 2 most important positions in the NFL Passer and Pass rusher, so that is a win.
mAgnoliAg
AG
This is like the 5 star vs 4 and 3 in recruiting
Pahdz
IrishAg said:

Max Power said:

Thanks to Watson we still have a 1 next year. Anderson could be the best player in the draft. I can live with this trade .
I'll be ok with it eventually, and Anderson will probably be dominate with DeMeco designing the defense around him. But playing with the number of my picks is like playing with my emotions...

If we were dealing with a standard number of picks that's one thing, but we have a lot, and you hoard them to make moves like these.
Harry Dunne
AustinCountyAg said:

I disagree with that 100%. I bet if you go back and look at hall of famers and where they were drafted (strictly first rounders) they are pretty spread out throughout the round.
As per usual, you're totally wrong.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/9JLAb.nmkMrOVO_q7QyXog--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTY0MDtoPTk2MA--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/0157c68f9c6a059ecafd95ab1bca2814

26 Hall of Famers selected in the first 6 picks.

Only 20 in the entire rest of the round.
IrishAg
Damn Wilson's outfit fits the Raiders 100%
Engine10
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Let's go to the tape! There's a decent amount t fo single digits in there but my beer vision says it's heavily weighted in the single digits
https://www.profootballhof.com/hall-of-famers/hall-of-famers-by-draft-round/
Buck Compton
AG
For everyone that says they like the boldness or "putting them on the table", that's not how effective decisions are made or judged. I'm trying to remember one bold, aggressive, "shock the world" trade up that actually worked.

The price for Anderson wasn't the real issue. The issue was not taking Anderson at 2 and selecting stroud instead.
AustinCountyAg
Edit to add I'm wrong. Again
IrishAg
Buck Compton said:

For everyone that says they like the boldness or "putting them on the table", that's not how effective decisions are made or judged. I'm trying to remember one bold, aggressive, "shock the world" trade up that actually worked.

The price for Anderson wasn't the real issue. The issue was not taking Anderson at 2 and selecting stroud instead.
Actually, that was a very smart move on their part by taking Stroud #2. Stroud sitting at 3 would have cost even more to trade back up.

Harry Dunne
AustinCountyAg said:

Harry Dunne said:

AustinCountyAg said:

As per usual, you're totally wrong.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/9JLAb.nmkMrOVO_q7QyXog--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTY0MDtoPTk2MA--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/0157c68f9c6a059ecafd95ab1bca2814

As per usual, lack of reading comprehension is non existent.

That's why I said "strictly first rounders". I was saying, hall of famers drafted in the first round are probably spread out through THAT round. I wasn't speaking to the entire draft.
But they aren't spread out throughout that round. Look at the graphic.

Only 4 Hall of Famers ever have come from the bottom 9 picks in the first round.

You really need to take a breath and look at the facts before you keep on arguing a losing point.
AustinCountyAg
Just edited…. That surprised me

ETA: I did say "I bet" so I was speculating. Like I said that's a surprising fact to me
Buck Compton
AG
IrishAg said:

Buck Compton said:

Actually, that was a very smart move on their part by taking Stroud #2. Stroud sitting at 3 would have cost even more to trade back up.

I just mean taking Stroud at all.

Take Anderson at 2 and move on. A 33 this year and likely top 10 next year is tough to give up. That's an elite CB or LB and high-level OL we just traded. Stroud better be all-world.
mAgnoliAg
AG
You edited before I could say 57% of the 1st round HOF'ers came from the first 18% of the 1st round
LatinAggie1997
AG
Last tOSU QB to do well in the NFL???

Imo, #2 should have been Anderson.
#12 Hooker
Harry Dunne
AustinCountyAg said:

Just edited…. That surprised me

ETA: I did say "I bet" so I was speculating. Like I said that's a surprising fact to me

Take your L like a man
IrishAg
LatinAggie1997 said:

#12 Hooker
You can't go by that, because then no one should have gone with Mahomes, because everyone knows Tech QBs fail. Or Alabama QBs. At some point they're gonna hit, you have to try when there's an opportunity.

There isn't a sure fire QB in this draft, so we're trying out Stroud. If he plays all the time like he did vs Georgia, then we won the lottery, if he plays like a typical OSU QB then we'll be looking again in 2 to 3 years.

If we really wanted him enough, then I hope it's vs Georgia Stroud
bilbobag
How was I wrong?

" So who is everyone leaning towards?

Thinking Will Anderson.. DeMeco gets his defensive play maker

Also could see Texans moving up from 12.. Teams inquiring about moving down."

How was I wrong??

Also the best thing you could come with is Dildo?
shady
AG
You were wrong when you said there was no difference between the 1st and 2nd pick last year after the Texans won an absolutely meaningless last game.
IrishAg
So I guess the last big mystery in the draft is where does Will Levis land? Does Tennessee take him or does he fall to the Patriots, Commanders, or Bucs?
Frok
AG
The Texans took a risk, we'll see if it works out. It's at least entertaining.
zooguy96
AG
Texans gonna Texan. What a stupid ass trade. Idiot organization still.
Ag_07
AG
I'm ok with it.

They still have a first rounder next year so that doesn't bother me.

Let's see who ARI takes with the #33 and will tell a lot.
bilbobag
Also the Texans gave up a bit because Arizona had Tennessee in the mix as well
LatinAggie1997
AG
IrishAg said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

#12 Hooker

You can't go by that, because then no one should have gone with Mahomes, because everyone knows Tech QBs fail. Or Alabama QBs. At some point they're gonna hit, you have to try when there's an opportunity.

Wait, I can't use tOSU track record of high QB picks that haven't been stars, yet you use Mahomes NFL success which couldn't have been predicted??

I wouldn't have chosen Mahomes. I would have been proven wrong.
AustinCountyAg
IrishAg
LatinAggie1997 said:

IrishAg said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

#12 Hooker

Wait, I can't use tOSU track record of high QB picks that haven't been stars, yet you use Mahomes NFL success which couldn't have been predicted??

I wouldn't have chosen Mahomes. I would have been proven wrong.
Huh? I really don't understand your point, as you just admitted it was proven wrong?

My point was there is always an outlier, if you like someone enough you have to take a flyer on them even if there is a pattern for other players of the same type not working.
Ag_07
AG
WGAF who's right and who's wrong? We won't know the answers on these guys for a long time.

Y'all sound like a bunch of kindergarteners going back and forth.
Nino Brown
And now I feel like I'm watching Draft Day and waiting for some twist in all this you pancake eating mother****ers.
Nino Brown
Ag_07 said:

WGAF who's right and who's wrong? We won't know the answers on these guys for a long time.

Y'all sound like a bunch of kindergarteners going back and forth.

Texans have to get their base excited again, no choice taking a few risks.
Coog97
I realize I am over simplifying a bit as we don't know where the 1s will slot next year, but when it comes down to the high-value assets, they essentially traded Deshaun Watson for Kenyon Green and Will Anderson. Am I way off base with that?
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
Engine10
AG
I think that's right, plus the extra low round stuff
halfastros81
AG
They need high end talent all over and they addressed some big needs theoretically. Only time will tell if it works out or not. Anderson was a low risk pick imo and will make them better immediately on defense. Only time will tell with Stroud
Texan_Aggie
AG
bilbobag said:

Also the Texans gave up a bit because Arizona had Tennessee in the mix as well
hell get pissed an come at me, but what have you been ahead of? Levis to Indy, let's go!
IrishAg
halfastros81 said:

They need high end talent all over and they addressed some big needs theoretically. Only time will tell if it works out or not. Anderson was a low risk pick imo and will make them better immediately on defense. Only time will tell with Stroud
Anderson and Stroud really do fill the 2 biggest glaring needs on this team. So we'll just have to wait and see. But on the plus side, we have the best offensive and defensive schemes to take advantage of both their talents.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 250

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.