*******The Official Houston Texans 2023: The reign of Meco thread************

605,827 Views | 8722 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Texan_Aggie
IrishAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Colts took Richardson, that's a surprise
IrishAg
mAgnoliAg said:

IrishAg said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Every 1st round draft move up is going to look like a ton given up to people, but that's what it takes. Little surprised at 33 this year being included and not a 3rd or next years 2nd
That's my issue, the 2nd this year plus a 1st next year was too rich for my blood.

A first next year would've always been included. I'm just wondering if it's ours or Cleveland's
I'm not surprise with the 1st, and would be ok, but it's the 2nd this year with it that bothers me. I hope they have it as a sliding first (which ever one is the later pick)
AustinCountyAg
Normally I'd like the aggressiveness but the Texans need a team not two players with one being a big question mark. Terrible trade since the Texans won't compete for another few years anyway. Again, they need playerS. They weren't two pieces away. Dumb. But not surprised considering the comments bilbo has made.
Texan_Aggie
AG
So Dildo was wrong again? Color me shocked
The D
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

So Dildo was wrong again? Color me shocked
The D
AG
The second pick this year is a kick in the balls
canadiaggie
AG
IrishAg said:

mAgnoliAg said:

IrishAg said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Every 1st round draft move up is going to look like a ton given up to people, but that's what it takes. Little surprised at 33 this year being included and not a 3rd or next years 2nd
That's my issue, the 2nd this year plus a 1st next year was too rich for my blood.

A first next year would've always been included. I'm just wondering if it's ours or Cleveland's
I'm not surprise with the 1st, and would be ok, but it's the 2nd this year with it that bothers me. I hope they have it as a sliding first (which ever one is the later pick)

Agree, if we hadn't given up that second it'd be a lot more palatable.

Maybe the FO thinks that the gap between picks 1-10 and 11-60 is much wider than the gap between 11-60 and 61-140.
Cartographer
Still have 8 more picks... they probably aren't done trading.
LB12Diamond
AG
If Anderson turns out great I'm fine with it.
JCA1
AG
I think it's really hard to justify trading up into the top 3 for any position other than a QB because it simply costs too much. QB is the only position which impacts the win-loss record enough to make the price worth it.
Ags #1
AG
So pick best wr or ol in 3rd round
Engine10
AG
Is Not a Turtle said:

This. I'm betting we're still around in the second
IrishAg
Is Not a Turtle said:

That's true, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get back into the 2nd round
W
AG
late to the party...but as I suspected...the Texans want to win now...and Caserio is under pressure to win now.

that was a ton to give up for Will Anderson -- no doubt about it
canadiaggie
AG
JCA1 said:

I think it's really hard to justify trading up into the top 3 for any position other than a QB because it simply costs too much. QB is the only position which impacts the win-loss record enough to make the price worth it.

Yup. Could draft two difference makers at 12 and 33 on defense that net more than Anderson
IrishAg
W said:

late to the party...but as I suspected...the Texans want to win now...and Caserio is under pressure to win now.

that was a ton to give up for Will Anderson -- no doubt about it
THe good news at least is that DeMeco will know how to put him in the best situation to succeed
W
AG
the Texans fell in love with a player...and that can be dangerous

i.e. overpay to get him
Ryan34
AG
I hate Richardson with Steichen.

Love us getting Stroud and Anderson though.
IrishAg
Wow, surprised that Seattle didn't go with Carter
Buck Compton
AG
Pretty clear that Cal McNair got very involved in the last few days and overruled almost the entire football scouting org and coaching staff. Said a QB will be first pick no matter what.

Then to placate DeMeco, they traded back up to get Anderson, who he wanted.
Cartographer
Carter gonna pull a Jeffrey Simmons
Daddy-O5
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

Don't F this up Texans.
Ryan34
AG
Buck Compton said:

Pretty clear that Cal McNair got very involved in the last few days and overruled almost the entire football scouting org and coaching staff. Said a QB will be first pick no matter what.

That doesn't add up. All the talk with Stroud was that we'd pass on him simply because of ownership. If anything, it sounds like ownership got out of the way.
Snake Jazz
AG
Wooooooooo..,,.Will Anderson better be really, really good. They gave up a fortune to get him.

I love the aggressiveness. This draft will decide Caserio's future I'm Houston. Hit on both and you have the foundation of a perennial contender. Miss on either and you dramatically slow the rebuild.

Personally, I think both are relatively safe picks. I think both will be good. Not sure either will be great, but I think both have high floors.
IrishAg
Buck Compton said:

I don't mind the movs to get Stroud and Anderson, I just think we gave up just a little bit too much to do it.
Snake Jazz
AG
Snake Jazz said:

Wooooooooo..,,.Will Anderson better be really, really good. They gave up a fortune to get him.

I love the aggressiveness. This draft will decide Caserio's future in Houston. Hit on both and you have the foundation of a perennial contender. Miss on either and you dramatically slow the rebuild.

Personally, I think both are relatively safe picks. I think both will be good. Not sure either will be great, but I think both have high floors.
Snake Jazz
AG
Sorry about the double post…meant to edit and instead quoted. Drinks going down smooth tonight.
IrishAg
The Cardinals trade picks 12 and 34 to move to 6th
IrishAg
Snake Jazz said:

Sorry about the double post…meant to edit and instead quoted. Drinks going down smooth tonight.
Cheers!!!!
Max Power
AG
Thanks to Watson we still have a 1 next year. Anderson could be the best player in the draft. I can live with this trade .
JT05
AG
Full slate of picks next year. Yes the the price was high but we have two foundational pieces hopefully. I do like putting them on the table. Let's go.
Buck Compton
AG
IrishAg said:

So net-net they moved back three spots, gained a first next year, a late round pick, and moved up one spot in the second to still get the OL they wanted?
IrishAg
Max Power said:

Thanks to Watson we still have a 1 next year. Anderson could be the best player in the draft. I can live with this trade .
I'll be ok with it eventually, and Anderson will probably be dominate with DeMeco designing the defense around him. But playing with the number of my picks is like playing with my emotions...
IrishAg
Buck Compton said:

IrishAg said:

So net-net they moved back three spots, gained a first next year, a late round pick, and moved up one spot in the second to still get the OL they wanted?
Yup
Harry Dunne
All of this "traded too much" talk is TBD. These aren't ufcking pokemons, they're football players and its a crapshoot.

If Anderson ends up a star, then it was a genius move. If not, then we can talk about having traded too much. But the odds of getting 1 star @ 3 are higher than at the odds of getting even 1 out of the lower 2 spots.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 250

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.