*******The Official Houston Texans 2023: The reign of Meco thread************

605,829 Views | 8722 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Texan_Aggie
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So we got into a bidding war?
zooguy96
AG
Will Anderson and Stroud are going to be a busts IMHO. Stroud because of the score on that QB test which is generally a good predictor of success in the NFL. And Anderson because he got dominated by Fatheree 2 years ago.

You needed more picks - not less picks. You already had #2 and #12.

Joke of an organization. Can't even lose the last game last year to get the #1 pick.
Texan_Aggie
AG
bilbobag said:

How was I wrong?

" So who is everyone leaning towards?

Thinking Will Anderson.. DeMeco gets his defensive play maker

Also could see Texans moving up from 12.. Teams inquiring about moving down."

How was I wrong??

Also the best thing you could come with is Dildo?
bro yo live in Colorado and aren't an insider. You're a fan like us, just give it up.
TexAgs1992
Catching up here. Cal drafted Stroud because he also would have scored an 18 on the S2 cognition test.
Ags #1
AG
I LOLed
JCA1
AG
My thought is, if you're willing to part with no. 12, 33 and a first next year, wouldn't you be better off to package 1 or 2 of these for a proven pass rusher and keep a pick or 2? I have a hard time believing you couldn't trade for a bunch of defensive studs if you're offering 2 firsts. I get the rookie contract angle but, man, that's a bunch to give up.
Texan_Aggie
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

i don't dislike you, but at least you're not self assuming. Love that you can take an L
Ags #1
AG
So which pick did we give up next year??
bilbobag
Levis was believed by many NFL executives going to Indy.. not much else to say. Even Payton was consulted by Indy brass and like the idea of Levis.

How do I know you knew the Texans were in a bidding war with Tennessee for the 3rd pick?
Ags #1
AG
Never a good idea to get into a bidding war imo. Maybe the titans were just bidding us up
Texan_Aggie
AG
bilbobag said:

Levis was believed by many NFL executives going to Indy.. not much else to say. Even Payton was consulted by Indy brass and like the idea of Levis.

How do I know you knew the Texans were in a bidding war with Tennessee for the 3rd pick?
you don't know anything, that's my point. You aren't an insider nor do you have a pipeline into the current organization.:I appreciate the banter and the thoughtfulness, I just get annoyed that people take what you hypothesize or repeat well after then fast as gospel. Love dentists though
LilSebastian13
AG
zooguy96 said:

Will Anderson and Stroud are going to be a busts IMHO. Stroud because of the score on that QB test which is generally a good predictor of success in the NFL. And Anderson because he got dominated by Fatheree 2 years ago.

A guy is going to bust in the NFL because one time in college he had a bad game? You may be right but that's the weakest reasoning I've seen.
KTAG05
AG
Let's quit ****ting on people in this thread. If you dont like the information just ignore them.
LilSebastian13
AG
I'm not a fan of the trade but I've seen some reasonable takes on it. IMO, on paper at least, we gave up too much. Fact is only time will tell the true results.
Ag_07
AG
Melissa Stark is FINE
. . .

Cynic
Quote:

score on that QB test which is generally a good predictor of success in the NFL

If it was then picking QBs would sure be a lot easier
Ag_07
AG
Exactly

No matter what anyone in here thinks they know they got 2 consensus top 5 talents to add to either side of the ball.

That's a good first night in my book.
IrishAg
Ag_07 said:

Exactly

No matter what anyone in here thinks they know they got 2 consensus top 5 talents to add to either side of the ball.

That's a good first night in my book.
That's true, and at the most critical positions on each side of the ball.
Ags #1
AG
Clearly they didnt give a crap about value or points. We will see if it was worth it
Ag_07
AG
Yep

It was no secret they needed a QB and they needed to improve the DL and they got both with 2 top of the draft talents.
maca1028
I'm wondering if the first next year is a conditional meaning that Anderson's output depends on whether they get the higher or lower of the two picks.
Ags #1
AG
Nobdoy has seemed to answer this yet
IrishAg
Ags #1 said:

Nobdoy has seemed to answer this yet
Yeah, I don't think it's been determined. I don't know if you can do language in the NFL to say that you can say the 1st is the later of the two picks
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'm starting to think some of you guys would complain if the Texans drafted Jerry Rice and Lawrence Taylor. I've been pessimistic on the Texans for several seasons, but this is what a team with ambition does - goes after talent when talent is there. I wish we could have drafted #1 and gotten Bryce Young, but CJ Stroud is the guy now, so I'm getting behind him and rooting for him to be the best QB we've ever had. Anderson's name has been at the top of the draft class since the moment he declared, so instead of waiting around to get a second-tier guy at #12, they got Arizona to do a deal and got a defensive cornerstone for the next 10-12 years. Instead of having to settle for one or the other, they got both.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Ag_07
AG
Doubt it

A conditional pick attached to a rookie who hasn't taken a snap seems like an awful idea and I would think it'd be a nonstarter for ARI.
Texan_Aggie
AG
maca1028 said:

I'm wondering if the first next year is a conditional meaning that Anderson's output depends on whether they get the higher or lower of the two picks.
It doesn't matter, most likely. Had to do something to keep the fan base from falling off completely. Offense and defense makes the most sense, take a captain for each. I just hope the colts didn't outsmart us with Levis, would really suck if he's the next Peyton Manning.
Pahdz
Huh? Levis is still in the green room
Scotty Appleton
Bama has 3 NFL HOF QB's. Ohio St has Mike Tomczak & Brian Hoyer as their best ever. Tech is a poor comparison as they aren't a historically "stacked" program. Still, Mahomes is a great example of the type of college player that does well in the NFL.

By and large QB's from stacked programs wash out in the NFL. They aren't challenged much in college & most were challenged even less in high school. When they suddenly can't out talent opponents and their team can't just show up and win 90% of their games on Sundays. It is too much of a shock for them.

If you want a good NFL QB go draft a guy that has the arm talent, played on a team that took some lumps, led some upsets or played better teams tough, played 25+ games, took some beatings and made his team better.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
cupcakesprinkles said:

Anderson and Levis.

Take it to the bank.

We could have had it all and given up nothing.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Bilbo told us Levis at 4 was a given.
Pahdz
Oh sorry hard to tell if you're providing actual input or just being a relentless ass to an internet stranger
IrishAg
Scotty Appleton said:

Bama has 3 NFL HOF QB's. Ohio St has Mike Tomczak & Brian Hoyer as their best ever. Tech is a poor comparison as they aren't a historically "stacked" program. Still, Mahomes is a great example of the type of college player that does well in the NFL.

By and large QB's from stacked programs wash out in the NFL. They aren't challenged much in college & most were challenged even less in high school. When they suddenly can't out talent opponents and their team can't just show up and win 90% of their games on Sundays. It is too much of a shock for them.

If you want a good NFL QB go draft a guy that has the arm talent, played on a team that took some lumps, led some upsets or played better teams tough, played 25+ games, took some beatings and made his team better.
So, by your list, you're good with Stroud then, since he hit 5 out of the 6?
Texan_Aggie
AG
I get it. There's a lot of confusion on this thread between those who don't know and those who believe those who don't know
Pahdz
That's the best part if draft night is that nobody knows so just sit back and enjoy the show
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 250

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.