****Cowboys vs Texans****

17,325 Views | 451 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Davato_11
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
girlfriend_experience said:

Mavs and Cowboys haven't even sniffed a legit title shot in years. The Mavs title was a fluke before that you have to go back to 1999 in a sport no one in Texas cares about.

Rangers had two shots at WS and chocked on a fat one which was glorious

Really sad.

Again, lies. The Mavs were literally in the conference finals just last season.
girlfriend_experience
gigem1223 said:

Mavs and Cowboys haven't even sniffed a legit title shot in years. The Mavs title was a fluke before that you have to go back to 1999 in a sport no one in Texas cares about.

Really sad.

Where they got trucked by GSW in typical Dallas sports fashion? 4-1
TaggiesT
They had a good shot to reward the diehard Texans fan with a big road victory against their hated rivals, but they Houston-footballed it up in the end.
Macarthur
94chem said:

jr15aggie said:

It's fair to argue both sides. But I can tell you as a Cowboys fan I was nervous when they went for it. They score and the game is over.

I much preferred them to just kick it so that we'd still have a chance.

Yep. Going for it was 100% the right call. Not really even debatable. No way I give Dallas the ball at the 25 with a 6 point lead.
I understand why the analytics say you go for it there, but had they kicked the FG, Dallas scores and now the Texans could have kicked the FG there at the end for a win.

My thing with analytics is that you have to have a way to factor in some sort of 'success factor' based on how good or bad your offense is. Dallas going for it on 4th and goal with their offense is not the same as the Texans going for it on 4th and goal.
girlfriend_experience
Also Rockets were in the CONF finals in 2018 big fing deal
The Porkchop Express
Why did you babies (both sides) have to ruin an otherwise really fun thread today?

Sometimes Houston teams suck and sometimes Dallas teams suck. Who ****ing cares?
Danny Vermin
Well, the main idiot is someone who is banned or is too much of a coward to use his real username and posted right above you.
94chem
Macarthur said:

94chem said:

jr15aggie said:

It's fair to argue both sides. But I can tell you as a Cowboys fan I was nervous when they went for it. They score and the game is over.

Yep. Going for it was 100% the right call. Not really even debatable. No way I give Dallas the ball at the 25 with a 6 point lead.
I understand why the analytics say you go for it there, but had they kicked the FG, Dallas scores and now the Texans could have kicked the FG there at the end for a win.

My thing with analytics is that you have to have a way to factor in some sort of 'success factor' based on how good or bad your offense is. Dallas going for it on 4th and goal with their offense is not the same as the Texans going for it on 4th and goal.

Up 6, I don't even know if Houston uses TO's at the end. Assuming they'd still have 42 seconds is unknown. Also, if Dallas is up 1, they're not lining Parsons up on the opposite hash. I don't really care about analytics. I doubt there's even a big enough data set. More like some R^2 values from the humanities. I do know that 9 is >>> 8 or less.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
The Porkchop Express
Macarthur said:

94chem said:

jr15aggie said:

I think the point that you're missing is Houston's main ambition was - how do we lose this game without it being obvious that we're losing on purpose.

ac
BryanAggie2013 said:

Good thing it's not baseball season, bud.

Add the Rockets and the Texans wins together and they still have less than America's team. (You can even count the tie as a win!)

UH Basketball is doing well right now.
ac
one safe place

Really sad.
Sad is being in the NFL as long as Houston has and not even one Super Bowl win. Which is glorious.
The Porkchop Express
Texans have matched the Cowboys in Super Bowl appearances since their debut in 2002.
12Power
They will never win one with the current ownership. What a doofus Cal McNair is.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The texans will never win a super bowl but Jack Easterby is gonna get em all into Heaven
Raiderjay
The Porkchop Express said:

Texans have matched the Cowboys in Super Bowl appearances since their debut in 2002.

5 rings, I saw one in person against the Bills,
enjoy your moral victories comparing your meaningless football history to Daddy...:
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
TaggiesT

Why did you babies (both sides) have to ruin an otherwise really fun thread today?

Sometimes Houston teams suck and sometimes Dallas teams suck. Who ****ing cares?
94chem

Really sad.

Tell me how the Mavs' title was a fluke. This should be good.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sweep Kobe and the Lakers. Take out Durant, Harden, and Westbrook 4-1. Then take out Lebron, DWade, and Bosh 4-2, including closing out the series by mopping the Heat's home court with them. Fluke. Sure
DannyDuberstein
AG
I did check to make sure the best player in the history of the game didn't temporarily retire in his prime in 2011 which allowed them to win
aggiephoenix02
DannyDuberstein said:

I did check to make sure the best player in the history of the game didn't temporarily retire in his prime in 2011 which allowed them to win
BURN!!! Haha, cold blooded!
DannyDuberstein
AG
I mean, if I'm a Houston fan, I probably just keep my mouth shut about fluke basketball championships. Just sayin
94chem
DannyDuberstein said:

Nope, Manu Ginobli was still playing.
94chem,
94chem
DannyDuberstein said:

I mean, if I'm a Houston fan, I probably just keep my mouth shut about fluke basketball championships. Just sayin
Right. I mean, I happen to think the Rockets' title runs were pretty entertaining and inspiring, but I would know when to shut my trap as a fan.
94chem,
DannyDuberstein
AG
I said best player in history. Not best player who looks like a party favor when he sneezes
94chem
DannyDuberstein said:

I said best player in history. Not best player who looks like a party favor when he sneezes

Stop talking trash about Balki. Perfect Strangers wasn't a bad show for its time.
94chem,
The Porkchop Express
Raiderjay said:

5 rings, I saw one in person against the Bills,
enjoy your moral victories comparing your meaningless football history to Daddy...:
PatAg
AG

gigem1223 said:

Really sad.

you live a great life
Frok
AG
My goodness, it's been a really long time since I've seen fans trash Houston by downplaying the Rockets championships. There's a sign we are a bunch of OGs in here.
94chem
Frok said:

My goodness, it's been a really long time since I've seen fans trash Houston by downplaying the Rockets championships. There's a sign we are a bunch of OGs in here.

Guessing you think that Ukraine started the war with Russia.
94chem,
Unemployed
AG
I grew up in SE Texas so am a Cowboys fan but root for the Astros and Rockets.

jr15aggie
AG
RealTalk said:

I grew up in SE Texas so am a Cowboys fan but root for the Astros and Rockets.

Yep! Grew up in the Austin area so I don't have any hometown alliances. Cowboys have always been #1, Astros #2, Dallas Stars #3, Aggies #4 in terms of how long I've been a fan of those teams.

I'm 100% a fair weather NBA fan... enjoyed the Rockets back in the 90's and really loved the Duncan/Ginobili/Parker era Spurs.

For whatever reason I've never been able to get excited for the Rangers, Mavs, or Oilers/Texans. I don't hate them, just never could get behind those teams even in the championship games.
Davato_11
PatAg said:

gigem1223 said:

Really sad.

you live a great life
says a guy with 55k posts on this site you must have a great life

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.