Week 2 - waivers and start/sit

6,592 Views | 214 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agdaddy04
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
several injuries in week 1, and some surprises. Those with top waiver priorities have some good options that might payoff season-long.

did anyone foresee Curtis Samuel getting that many targets AND taking some hand-offs... being traded a year ago and injured most of last season, he was a forgotten man.

Jeff Wilson Jr could be the man in SF for a spell, but they do like to hand off to Deebo and Trey Lance likes to run himself.

How do you guys feel about Taysom Hill. Not a ton of usage, but very productive with what he got in week 1. His TE/QB designation in Yahoo has me intrigued as I only have one qb rostered right now and one TE was total dead weight in week 1 (Kmet).
txagman1998
AG
Taysom Hill is a roster option if you have a low ranked TE, or play in a 2 TE or Superflex league. But he is going to be a very high variance, boom or bust play. In a 1 QB league, start him at QB at your own risk.

Week 2 sit/starts questions, 0.5 PPR:

DJ Moore at NYG or A. Robinson vs ATL
A. Kamara vs TB or Edwards-Helaire vs LAC (Thursday)
oh no
AG
DJ and Kamara.
The Porkchop Express
txagman1998 said:

Taysom Hill is a roster option if you have a low ranked TE, or play in a 2 TE or Superflex league. But he is going to be a very high variance, boom or bust play. In a 1 QB league, start him at QB at your own risk.

Week 2 sit/starts questions, 0.5 PPR:

DJ Moore at NYG or A. Robinson vs ATL
A. Kamara vs TB or Edwards-Helaire vs LAC (Thursday)
Taysom seems like the new Mike Alstott. You either start him and he as 17 points with a couple of TDs on trick plays and goal-line pitches, or you start him and watch him have 2 carries for 3 yards and curse yourself.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
oh no
AG
well silly me drafted Russ Wilson at QB and Pat Freiermuth at TE and they both have the same bye week (9).... i was just thinking- Taysom could be a handy stash for now just in case he becomes consistently decent at producing fantasy points- then I can use him in week 9 for either position and stream best available QB or TE that week. I feel like Kmet's ass should be dropped immediately though.
W
AG
let's talk about James Robinson and Miles Sanders --- they looked good on Sunday. Good matchups in week 2.

would you start either ahead of Montgomery? I think yes.

would you start either ahead of Aaron Jones? perhaps not yet, but Dillon was the GB back to start last week
oh no
AG
agreed with yes and not yet

I wish I had AJ Dillion again this year.
oh no
AG
Pick two for PPR WR2 and Flex:

JuJu vs LAC on THURSDAY
Amon-Ra St. Brown vs WAS
DJ Moore @ NYG
Rashod Bateman vs MIA
Drake London @ LAR
Allen Lazard vs CHI
texagbeliever
oh no said:

JuJu vs LAC on THURSDAY
Amon-Ra St. Brown vs WAS
DJ Moore @ NYG
Rashod Bateman vs MIA
Drake London @ LAR
Allen Lazard vs CHI
That might just be my nightmare fantasy spot. 6 players all capable of 20 point games and 5 point games. Starting off with questionable JuJu on Thurs. Best of luck. If JuJu gets fully cleared I'd start him & then look at Lazard or Amon-Ra for the 2nd spot.
mAgnoliAg
AG
PPR

My RBs:
Fournette
Zeke
Breece Hall
Kenneth Walker
JD McKissic

Worth using number one priority on Jeff Wilson?
EliteZags
AG
oh no said:

well silly me drafted Russ Wilson at QB and Pat Freiermuth at TE and they both have the same bye week (9).... i was just thinking- Taysom could be a handy stash for now just in case he becomes consistently decent at producing fantasy points- then I can use him in week 9 for either position and stream best available QB or TE that week. I feel like Kmet's ass should be dropped immediately though.

lets end this phonytalk idea of ever even considering starting Hill at QB, even if Winston and Dalton both break their legs and Hill comes out blasting on a JFF tear you're 100% starting him as a cheatcode TE (or at worst flex possibly if you have Kelce) and not QB, cause you'll always be able to pickup an actual QB that will consistently outperform any TE
texagbeliever
mAgnoliAg said:

PPR

My RBs:
Fournette
Zeke
Breece Hall
Kenneth Walker
JD McKissic

Mitchell is expected to be out 8 weeks. That would give time for Hall/Walker to move into more of a number 1 role. Or you can possible trade Wilson to Mitchell's owner and get a solid WR2 (4th or 5th rounder type guy).

I doubt you are going to find a top WR to pick up later on (so go with Curtuis Samuel if you need a WR though Wentz doesn't make me want a Washington WR). You might have another chance at a handcuff if another top RB1 gets hurt. Isaiah Likely could be worth a top wavier wire pick if and only if Mark Andrews went down for a while.
mAgnoliAg
AG
texagbeliever said:

mAgnoliAg said:

PPR

My RBs:
Fournette
Zeke
Breece Hall
Kenneth Walker
JD McKissic

Mitchell is expected to be out 8 weeks. That would give time for Hall/Walker to move into more of a number 1 role. Or you can possible trade Wilson to Mitchell's owner and get a solid WR2 (4th or 5th rounder type guy).

I doubt you are going to find a top WR to pick up later on (so go with Curtuis Samuel if you need a WR though Wentz doesn't make me want a Washington WR). You might have another chance at a handcuff if another top RB1 gets hurt. Isaiah Likely could be worth a top wavier wire pick if and only if Mark Andrews went down for a while.

I'm good at receiver but I think I'm gonna put in a second claim for Samuel hoping that I get a miracle and get them both. Only reason to not use priority would be to bet on a bigger injury in the next couple weeks but then again nothing could happen and I'm left with nobody

Edit: also have Brian Robinson on IR
gigem1223
Henderson vs Atlanta or Sanders vs Minnesota? Standard scoring.

Also I have #1 position on waiver wire. How would y'all prioritize these ins standard scoring? Weird rules in this league with no flex and only able to roster 4 RBs. CMC, Montgomery, Sanders, Henderson are my current 4.

Julio Jones
JK Dobbins
Taysom Hill
Jeff Wilson
EliteZags
AG
Why the hell is Dobbins on IR was universally a mid round pick and he'd be your RB2/3 right now
gigem1223
EliteZags said:

Why the hell is Dobbins on IR he'd be your RB2/3 right now

One of the not so bright players dropped him last week cuz he had too many on his roster (illegal roster)
EliteZags
AG
I'm annoyed you even have to ask, I'd drop Henderson for a backup kicker
gigem1223
No need to be an ******* dude. I'm also dealing with WR injuries (Allen) which has me considering Jones.
Aggie1205
AG
Is Samuel worth the #1 waiver spot? Anyone else worth it?
EliteZags
AG
It'd be asininely dumb to not take Dobbins, Julio is a free agent level pickup, down the stretch he'll be fighting to be the 3rd option on his own team
you could trade Dobbins for a Diontae/Jeudy/AmonRa/Hollywood type WR2 right away, tho u prob shouldn't since he'll likely outperform nearly all the backs on your roster
texagbeliever
EliteZags said:

It'd be asininely dumb to not take Dobbins, Julio is a free agent level pickup, you could trade Dobbins for a Diontae/Jeudy/AmonRa/Hollywood type WR2 right now
Take Dobbins. If the Mitchell owner drops him then try to trade one of your RBs for a WR2/3 and pick him up.
oh no
AG
texagbeliever said:

oh no said:

JuJu vs LAC on THURSDAY
Amon-Ra St. Brown vs WAS
DJ Moore @ NYG
Rashod Bateman vs MIA
Drake London @ LAR
Allen Lazard vs CHI
That might just be my nightmare fantasy spot. 6 players all capable of 20 point games and 5 point games. Starting off with questionable JuJu on Thurs. Best of luck. If JuJu gets fully cleared I'd start him & then look at Lazard or Amon-Ra for the 2nd spot.
with all those WRs + Deebo, worth using #3 waiver priority to try to get Curtis Samuel? It would be a back up claim in case Jeff Wilson goes with 1st or 2nd priority. I'm actually assuming JWJ is going 1st, putting the claim just in case, but i assume I'd have a good shot at Samuel at #3. I'll have too many WRs- need to work a trade deal out of that. -or just keep the priority for week 3 or 4?
gigem1223
That's the way I was leaning but wanted a 2nd opinion. Thanks
Fredd
AG
oh no said:

JuJu vs LAC on THURSDAY
Amon-Ra St. Brown vs WAS
DJ Moore @ NYG
Rashod Bateman vs MIA
Drake London @ LAR
Allen Lazard vs CHI

Not a bad lineup

I'd go DJ and St brown
texagbeliever
JuJu and Lazard don't have great injury records so i think take best available.
BowSowy
AG
0.5 PPR, 16 team league. Need to pick one of these for my RB/WR flex:

DK Metcalf @SF
JK Dobbins vMIA
Miles Sanders vMIN
James Robinson vIND

Also, would you pick any of those over either Goff (vWSH) or Ryan (@JAX) for an OP spot?

Currently leaning towards either Dobbins or Sanders, but I feel like I'm overthinking it by benching DK.

In case it matters, my other starting RB/WR are McCaffrey, Diggs, and Deebo.
oh no
AG
I think you stick with DK
texagbeliever
Miami Defense has ranked #3 & #4 in standard scoring the past 2 years. They are rostered in only 12% of leagues. Also their offense doesn't tend itself to many shootouts.
oh no
AG
Trey Lance vs SEA or Aaron Rodgers vs CHI
texagbeliever
oh no said:

Trey Lance vs SEA or Aaron Rodgers vs CHI

Id lean Lance. If Lazard is out or weather is rainy for Rodgers id definitely go Lance. Chicago is unlikely to get into a shootout.
oh no
AG
Harrison Butker ruled OUT for Thursday night.

Never thought I'd be looking for a placekicker already in week 2!
gigem1223
Liking for a flex in a .5 PPR league

Mooney vs GB
Boyd vs Dallas
Harris vs Pitt
Hines vs Jax
oh no
AG
Mooney... but if Tee Higgins is OUT for Cincy, I might start Tyler Boyd over Mooney.
gigem1223
oh no said:

Mooney... but if Tee Higgins is OUT for Cincy, I might start Tyler Boyd over Mooney.

Yea that's what I was thinking
txagman1998
AG
FYI for the D. Swift owners…missed practice today with an ankle issue and Justin Jackson was elevated from practice squad to active roster. *If* Swift can't go on Sunday, Jamaal Williams would likely elevate to RB1 in Detroit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.