*******The Official Houston Texans 2022: AW Thread************

323,782 Views | 3999 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by IrishAg
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Houston is placing bets on Levis to alter his odds and cause panic.

5D chess
Ag_07
AG
So just something to consider...

Although the odds of Levis are moving drastically Young is still the overwhelming favorite to go #1.

I think this is all just Vegas making adjustments and not indicative of any real info.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Carolina finally figured out that Bryce is a tiny human and Will Levis Is the same guy as Pat Mahomes or Josh Allen. Mediocre in college on bad teams but great in the NFL. This wacky draft continues. Texans have 3 options. 1. Take Bryce Young at 2. 2.Take Will Anderson at 2. 3. Trade down with Indy for Buckner, Pick 4 and 35 and Indy's first next year.

Of course, this could all be smoke.
Ryan34
AG
Snake Jazz said:

Ryan34 said:

Peter Schrager proposed Indy trading #4 and DeForest Buckner for #2. Assuming some mid round or future picks are thrown in as well, I'd go for that. Adding Buckner and Tyree Wilson would give our DL a very different look than last year.
Buckner is almost 30...I would be fine with him as a throw-in to the deal, but not a substantive piece.

If Indy wants to trade up to 2:
1. we swap first rounders
2. we get their 2nd rounder, and
3. we get their 2024 1st rounder.

That is where the conversation starts.

To move up 1 spot to take Trubisky, Chicago traded a third, fourth, and future third. Based on that, I think Indy moving up 2 spots would be something like:
1. Swap #2 and #4
2. DeForest Buckner to Houston
3. 2023 3rd round pick
4. 2024 2nd round pick

Maybe some late round filler picks from Houston going to Indy, or swap the years on #3 and #4, or swap #3 for a 2023 2nd. I think that's in the ballpark of what a deal would be though. Not sure next year's 1st would be likely, but maybe Indy is that desperate.
chjoak
AG
Ryan34 said:

Snake Jazz said:

Ryan34 said:

Peter Schrager proposed Indy trading #4 and DeForest Buckner for #2. Assuming some mid round or future picks are thrown in as well, I'd go for that. Adding Buckner and Tyree Wilson would give our DL a very different look than last year.
Buckner is almost 30...I would be fine with him as a throw-in to the deal, but not a substantive piece.

If Indy wants to trade up to 2:
1. we swap first rounders
2. we get their 2nd rounder, and
3. we get their 2024 1st rounder.

That is where the conversation starts.

To move up 1 spot to take Trubisky, Chicago traded a third, fourth, and future third. Based on that, I think Indy moving up 2 spots would be something like:
1. Swap #2 and #4
2. DeForest Buckner to Houston
3. 2023 3rd round pick
4. 2024 2nd round pick

Maybe some late round filler picks from Houston going to Indy, or swap the years on #3 and #4, or swap #3 for a 2023 2nd. I think that's in the ballpark of what a deal would be though. Not sure next year's 1st would be likely, but maybe Indy is that desperate.
Change #3 to the 2023 2nd rounder (#35) and I wouldn't be upset with that deal at all
Woods Ag
AG
Buckner would be a diminished declining player by the time the Texans are ready to really compete.

A draft pick would be better
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Trading in division costs a little more. I agree with Snake Jazz that it starts with a minimum of trading 2 for 4 with Indy adding a second round pick this year and first rounder next year. If they add Buckner to that or we throw in a 6th or 7th rounder that's fine. We need Indy's top pick next year to give us 3 firsts, which will be enough to get whichever QB we want if necessary.
Cartographer
Just a matter of housekeeping……

Do we start a new thread tomorrow before the draft?
IrishAg
Is Not a Turtle said:

Just a matter of housekeeping……

Do we start a new thread tomorrow before the draft?
Good call, I'll go ahead and get working on it.
IrishAg
The new thread

https://texags.com/forums/23/topics/3375172/replies/64733552
First Page Refresh
Page 115 of 115

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.