Miami Dolphins Win the AFC East

5,031 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by W
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And the league still hasn't made the decision whether to add an 8th team. I really hate that idea, don't even like the 7th team.
Maacus
redag06 said:

Even with the Bills having a bye this week the bills will still lead the division going in to week 11.

Dolphins defense is the real winner here, tua is doing his job of not turning the ball over.
Deservedly so, for the Bills, that is. They beat the Dolphins head to head and are a formidable team, no matter what magic stuff came out of Murray's back pocket in the desert. I'm amazed at how opportunistic the Dolphins are on D and special teams. Flores is a hell of a coach, at least he has been so far. I see the Dolphins getting better and better every week, and Tua is doing a great job of not turning the ball over and is becoming a complete threat.
Maacus
W said:

the Dolphins are impacting the AFC wildcard chase too.

it was pretty much assumed that the Ravens and Titans would make the playoffs again, but it's dogfight now among 5 teams for the 3 wildcard spots
I'm suddenly finding myself enjoying the NFL again.
W
AG
sidenote...the Ravens and Titans play on Sunday in Baltimore --- big game for both to stay a leg up in the wildcard race
Maacus
W said:

sidenote...the Ravens and Titans play on Sunday in Baltimore --- big game for both to stay a leg up in the wildcard race
Yes, the Ravens and Titans ought to be a good game. I'm glad to see Tannehill doing well in Nashville. I should be checking out tiebreakers and such to see who I should be rooting for in terms of how it impacts the Dolphins.
redag06
Tua with a very unimpressive game and benched. Dolphins back to 2.5 games back in the east.
W
AG
Dolphins (6-4) came up short today.

Ravens (6-4) lost. Have to see what happens with the Raiders tonight
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
W said:

The Chiefs defeated the Raiders 35-31 to improve to 9-1. The Chiefs must keep winning to catch up with the 10-0 Steelers for the AFC's No. 1 seed. The 7-3 Browns and 7-3 Titans are ahead of the 6-4 Ravens, 6-4 Raiders, and 6-4 Dolphins for three wildcard spots.
Saint Pablo
Iraq2xVeteran said:

W said:

The Chiefs defeated the Raiders 35-31 to improve to 9-1. The Chiefs must keep winning to catch up with the 10-0 Steelers for the AFC's No. 1 seed. The 7-3 Browns and 7-3 Titans are ahead of the 6-4 Ravens, 6-4 Raiders, and 6-4 Dolphins for three wildcard spots.
It will be tough for the teams that don't make the cut from that list watching the Redskins make the playoffs with 6 wins.
Maacus
Saint Pablo said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

W said:

It will be tough for the teams that don't make the cut from that list watching the Redskins make the playoffs with 6 wins.
No joke. There isn't a team in the NFC East that belongs in the playoffs.
Tor3210
AG
GO BILLS!
W
AG
the Dolphins (9-5) are still holding onto the last AFC playoff spot...

by virtue of a better conference record than the Ravens.

need to win at L.V. on Saturday
redag06
Well, the dolphins as suspected weren't able to win the AFC East, and they may end up having to play in Buffalo two weeks in a row in January.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redag06 said:

Well, the dolphins as suspected weren't able to win the AFC East, and they may end up having to play in Buffalo two weeks in a row in January.
Worked great for the Oilers!
W
AG
never doubt Fitzmagic.

1st down at their own 25-yard line with 19 seconds left and no timeouts...and he gets them into FG range for the gamewinner
investorAg83
AG
I didn't understand benching Fitz for Tua when it was announced. I sure as hell don't understand it now. He's somehow overcome the front office and coaching sucktitude that is the Dolphins.
W
AG
Tua is only a rookie, but, yeesh, his inability to complete any passes downfield is rather concerning.

he looks like a guy that may have played with 3 first round WR's in college and a bunch of other high draft picks
redag06
Miami is going to be a contender in the afc east going forward, but it won't be because of Tua.

Never doubt Fitzmagic until he becomes fitztragic.
6-4-3
AG
W said:

Tua is only a rookie, but, yeesh, his inability to complete any passes downfield is rather concerning.

he looks like a guy that may have played with 3 first round WR's in college and a bunch of other high draft picks

Correct. He is accustomed to guys being open versus having to throw them open. There aren't many wide open spaces in the NFL. Fitzmagic is smart enough and veteran enough to figure it out.
paperback
I watched this game, especially in the last five minutes. I've never seen such a high draft pick as Tua struggle through so many games. His numbers are abysmal, and he's always bailed out by the defense and Fitz. He does a decent job of protecting the football, and he has an occasional play now and then, but I'm beginning to wonder if he can complete a pass over 15 yards on a consistent basis. I don't watch much football until it gets to games like this that matter. This game, although boring for 80%, was really fun to watch.
redag06
Team has already announced they are going with Tua next week. Doesn't make sense.
PabloSerna
AG
I hear NFL QBs make a big leap in year 2. Tua looks like a keeper. Like someone said already, he was being too cautious - needed to let it rip. Defense was playing up on the 'Fins.

W
AG
Fitzpatrick's comeback looks even bigger today as both the Browns and Colts lose.

4 teams are tied in the AFC standings at 10-5.

Miami has a better conference record than all of them.

it's possible the Dolphins don't need to win next week to make the playoffs
MookieBlaylock
AG
The Texans picks are now #3 and #36

This could be an all time terrible trade
jteagle
AG
Highway_6 said:

W said:

Correct. He is accustomed to guys being open versus having to throw them open. There aren't many wide open spaces in the NFL. Fitzmagic is smart enough and veteran enough to figure it out.
The key will be Tua's work ethic because I think he has the tools. These things can be fixed if he puts in the work. If he can take the experience he got this year and work in the offseason he can still be the man. If not, it will be a short career. If I was a betting man, I would say he gets it done.
W
AG
the playoffs are slipping away from the Dolphins. Down 28-6 to Buffalo.

Tua struggling mightily...just 89 yards passing on 18 attempts
redag06
It's over. Looks like they missed the memo that they needed to win this game to get in.

Tua looking BAD against bills backups.
paperback
redag06 said:

It's over. Looks like they missed the memo that they needed to win this game to get in.

Tua looking BAD against bills backups.
Wow. I thought the Bills were supposed to be resting and not the Dolphins! lol!
toucan82
But they were on the losing end of a Scorigami

Some things are just more important
W
AG
hold on, the Texans and Jags are making things interesting vs. the Titans and Colts, respectively
TheCougarHunter
AG
The way they handled Tua was a disaster. They were winning games with Fitz then benched him for no reason. Then they pulled Tua for not playing well and went back to Fitz. They might have ruined the kid.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The AFC is top heavy. 8 teams have 10+ wins, and the 10-6 Miami Dolphins will be the odd team out, despite expanded playoffs.

The NFC East division winner will be either 7-9 Washington Football team or 6-10 New York Giants. The 8-8 Chicago Bears got the last playoff spot.
Tor3210
AG
I don't remember who said it but but a commentator but it well...Tua is waiting for guys to be Alabama open, and has a hard time hitting the guys that are NFL open.

Go Bills!
W
AG
the Dolphins have picks #3 and #18 in the draft.

need to go o-line or WR to help Tua
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.