**** 2019 Houston Texans Season Thread ****

713,549 Views | 9267 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Agstro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zooguy96 said:

Bob would first have to be a good HC and have an offensive system that plays to the strengths of his players (which he doesn't), and then be able to be be a halfway competent general manager, which again, he isn't. The team wins in spite of him, not because of his. That will be greatly decided without Nuke. BOB is an abortion of a coach and general manager. Absolutely horrid. He can't hold Belicheck's jock.

Preach!!
Panama Red
AG
So if the Texans offered to change Hopkins deal to add $6mm a year, he would sit out the season?

Put me in the camp not buying that.
Ag_07
AG
Can someone PLEASE photoshop BoB holding Cal on the leash?

ElCheAg
AG
Lawd. Someone please do so.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I just wish certain members of the abortion that is the Houston Texans organization would quit pissing down our backs and tell us it's raining. From Cal to BoB to everyone else. It's as if they know football better than anyone else in the world, and we should just STFU about these trades, because it's beyond our ability to comprehend the complex issues of the NFL world.

I got news for you. Nobody in the universe (outside of the Texans offices) thinks giving Hopkins away for a broken down running back with an expensive contract was a good move. And when you tell us it's a money issue, why are you going to pay Tunsil then?
bilbobag
Hop was to make $12.5 million, $13.5 million, and $13.915 million over the next three. Hop was looking to add $13-$15 million to each season plus adding another two years to extend.

I don't where you got your $6 million from.
Ags #1
AG
Wow. That is a big ask for any team to take on that big of a salary increase. But is/was it a real possibility for him to sit out any games with that many years left on this contract? I know he may have said he would but was it a real possibility?
Mr.Bond
AG
bilbobag said:

Hop was to make $12.5 million, $13.5 million, and $13.915 million over the next three. Hop was looking to add $13-$15 million to each season plus adding another two years to extend.

In that case.....Hop is higher than giraffe poosay
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

JCA1
AG
bilbobag said:

I think where he gets it is this is how negotiations work. People make pie-in-the-sky demands but then settle somewhere in the middle. They also posture and say things that they don't actually mean (or don't have the stomach to actually follow through on when the rubber meets the road). Seems like the Texans are the only people in the world who don't know this. Is there a "negotiations for dummies" that I can mail to them?

Just because Hop says he won't play if he doesn't get over $25 mill/year doesn't make it true. The financial and logistical issues with his position, particularly under the new CBA, pretty much guarantees that he's blowing smoke. And to put some money where my mouth is, I'll wager $100 that Arizona is not paying him $25 mill this season but Hop still suits up for game one.
Ag_07
AG
Which in that case I don't blame them for trading him.

I blame them for trading him for next to GD nothing.

If he wants ridiculous money then fine trade him, but don't do it for anything less than a king's ransom.
Panama Red
AG
bilbobag said:

I don't know what the numbers from either side were. I'm saying that I don't believe that he would sit out a year of salary bumped up to $20mm a year with guarantees.
k20dub
AG
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-sF4pUF2QF/?igshid=ly9n5k5dgimx
J. Walter Weatherman
He can ask for whatever he wants. Texans should have told him to enjoy his time not getting paid until his demands became realistic, not traded a top 3 wr for a pile of hot garbage. Of course that would involve having an even semi-competent GM and owner.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'll do it tonight after my wife goes to bed. Not really any good explanation if she walks into the home office and sees me working on this in the daytime.
ElCheAg
AG
Hurry up and get her to go to bed already.
Buck Compton
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Ag_07 said:

I'll do it tonight after my wife goes to bed. Not really any good explanation if she walks into the home office and sees me working on this in the daytime.
And this is a perfect reason I have an executive-style desk that faces the door and has my back to the wall.
T for Texas
AG

The very end is the best part
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Buck Compton said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Ag_07 said:

And this is a perfect reason I have an executive-style desk that faces the door and has my back to the wall.

Pretty sure you're doing that for pr0n
Ag_07
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Ag_07 said:

lunchbox
Texans trade #57 for Brandin Cooks (and his hefty contract) and the Rams' 4th rounder next year in 2022

lunchbox

shano0603
AG
lunchbox said:

Texans trade #57 for Brandin Cooks (and his hefty contract) and the Rams' 4th rounder next year

I don't even know how to feel about this anymore

So basically we gave up Hopkins for David Johnson, Brandin Cooks and two fourths?
lunchbox
shano0603 said:

lunchbox said:

Texans trade #57 for Brandin Cooks (and his hefty contract) and the Rams' 4th rounder next year

I don't even know how to feel about this anymore

So basically we gave up Hopkins for David Johnson, Brandin Cooks and two fourths?
Just reposting this tweet from above to answer your question....

CFTXAG10
AG
Hopefully Cooks can get back to his old self at that price tag, because he didn't look worth it in LA
shano0603
AG
Instead of paying hopkins a ridiculous 25 million. Wed rather pay closer to 30 for Cooks and David Johnson?
BMX Bandit
Just trade away every draft pick.
Ryan34
AG
We overpaid, per O'Brien's chronic undervaluing of draft picks, but I actually like taking the chance on Cooks.
Ags #1
AG
Good move or bad move bilbo?
Farmer1906
AG

That's a net loss for sure.

Plus this draft is loaded with WR. We could have saved money and gone with a rookie and spent the money on much needed defense.
lunchbox
shano0603 said:

Instead of paying hopkins a ridiculous 25 million. Wed rather pay closer to 30 for Cooks and David Johnson?
I'm hoping there is some sort of extension or something to lower his cap hit....but who am I kidding...
lunchbox
lunchbox said:

shano0603 said:

I'm hoping there is some sort of extension or something to lower his cap hit....but who am I kidding...

Sounds like this is a 1 year "prove it" deal at $8 million (base salary) and they can restructure after the season...the Rams have already paid him all his guaranteed money in the contract.
JCA1
AG
Who knew that the difference in value between Hop and Cooks was 17 picks in the 2nd round?
zooguy96
Dollar Bill strikes again. Takes something and turns it into less. Just like he does with the offense. Just like he does with Deshaun.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Wolf_of_Northgate
AG
The people ripping this trade were the ones thinking NE got a steal 2 years ago when they gave up a 1st, and a 3rd for the same thing. I like this trade and I think our WR core is easily top 10 and features 4 very good receivers, not to mention a very good pass catching back (and yes I know he needs to stay healthy).

Also, Hop was my favorite player and it hurt getting rid of him, but that being said. for all of these alleged NFL teams claiming we got "robbed". If that trade was so bad, than why weren't teams lining up to get him? It was pretty obvious we were shopping him league wide. Hops is great, but no WR is worth that much money, an clearly most teams were on board with that.

I am very excited to watch our 4 WR sets with DJ in the backfield next year.
BMX Bandit
ajwood1993 said:

The people ripping this trade were the ones thinking NE got a steal 2 years ago when they gave up a 1st, and a 3rd for the same thing.

Very fake news

Quote:

If that trade was so bad, than why weren't teams lining up to get him? It was pretty obvious we were shopping him league wide.

Ok Mrs buttchin.

First Page Last Page
Page 244 of 265

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.