Robert Kraft arrested and charged with soliciting another to commit Prostitution

12,574 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If there was no trafficking and this was just some scare tactic to get a warrant, then this case should be dropkicked. I mean, the dude paid actual currency to get a handjob from what were basically 40 and 60 year old women. That should just be punishment enough.
ORAggieFan
bonfarr said:

Paying for sex is illegal.

Then any man who's taking a woman on a date and picked up the check should be arrested.
bonfarr
AG
ORAggieFan said:

bonfarr said:

Then any man who's taking a woman on a date and picked up the check should be arrested.

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I have read all day. If you don't think there is a difference between taking a woman on a date and getting laid and slipping your trenchcoat on and sneaking into a massage parlor where you pay a Mamasan for a tugjob I got nothing for you.
txag614
ORAggieFan said:

bonfarr said:

One of the dumbest comments I've ever seen. Congrats.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
It looks like the cops did not have express permission to set up cameras and record video.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/27/court-order-in-kraft-case-did-not-expressly-allow-video-recording/
Not a Bot
AG
Kraft is trying to keep the video sealed from public view, and the media wants their hands on it. There is still litigation pending on the issue.

Prosecutors today said they're going to go ahead and release the video, stating that because it's part of some of the other cases they can't withhold it from the public.

In other words, they are using this video as a gimmick to embarrass the h*** out of Kraft because he isn't playing their game.

Interestingly enough, the reason the police even got to this point in the first place is that they alleged human trafficking was taking place. But no one charged with a crime related to these incidents is being charged with human trafficking.
752bro4
AG
Feel like Bob Kraft is really getting jerked around here.
ORAggieFan
I've been saying since day 1 there would be no human trafficking charges here. This is the norm. I've never participated in something like this, but have zero issue with others and hate using something awful like human trafficking to come up with an elaborate and costly investigation for dudes getting a happy ending. Anything that exposes the waste and power abuse of police departments is a good thing.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
It looks like someone in the Jupiter, FL police dept is trying to sell the video.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/19/lawyers-claim-someone-is-trying-to-sell-the-kraft-video/

Kraft will own the city after he sues the pants off of the Police Department.
DannyDuberstein
AG
yeah, the dept is dirtier and more appalling than anything that was going on inside that shop.
Not a Bot
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

yeah, the dept is dirtier and more appalling than anything that was going on inside that shop.

Correct. This entire investigation reeks of police overreach and misconduct.

And if this video leaks against a court order (as it apparently already has), you bet your a** Robert Kraft will own the city. Congrats on your self-induced bankruptcy.

There's a reason the police and prosecutors seem so desperate to release the video -- they've already leaked it and need to save face.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Using the threat of the video release to coerce him to do what they want is straight up extortion in my book. Another example of our govt utilizing tactics that would be illegal if a private individual were to try it. If this shop videoed him and then called him up and said "we're gonna release this video publicly if you don't do ______", that crap wouldnt fly. Shouldnt for the govt either. If you have a case he broke the law, try it in court. This is other crap is abuse of power.
. . .
Quote:

Link

Cops have arrested another woman in the Robert Kraft prostitution case -- a 58-year-old who allegedly performed a sexual act on the Patriots owner with another woman at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa.

Jupiter Police arrested Shen Mingbi -- who cops say was in the massage room with Kraft on January 19, 2019.

According to the police report, Kraft was joined in the massage room by 2 women -- one of whom was Mingbi.

Officials say the encounter was captured on surveillance and shows both Mingbi and Lei Wang using their hands on Kraft's *****.

Officials say Mingbi was also involved in sexual acts with several other men at the spa.

Mingbi has been formally charged with 1 count of deriving support from prostitution and 8 counts of offer to commit prostitution. She's in court right now (Tuesday) to face the charges.

A judge ruled Mingbi will be released on $5,000 bond on the condition she surrenders her passport and does not work in the spa/massage industry.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Getting a handjob from that 58 year old thing looks like punishment enough
AgEng06
AG
bonfarr
AG
Strange that they arrested this woman now weeks after the bust. There was talk that the DA was going to use witness testimony in case the video was excluded by the judge and the word was they were shopping a deal to one of the hos. This arrest may mean the hos all said no to testifying.

I smell payoff and witness tampering.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, sure looks like a continued power play by the prosecutors office to try to prosecute this victimless crime
bonfarr
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, sure looks like a continued power play by the prosecutors office to try to prosecute this victimless crime

These aren't really victimless crimes if you ask the people that live in or do business in the neighborhood where this spa is located. I have no problem with cops busting hos and Johns but agree the cops and DA need to stop labeling these little spas as human trafficking rings.

Diggity
AG
So it would be a nice neighborhood if wasn't for the spas? I'm not sure about the area where he was arrested, but in Houston, these places flock to run down areas, not the other way around.
bonfarr
AG
Diggity said:

So it would be a nice neighborhood if wasn't for the spas? I'm not sure about the area where he was arrested, but in Houston, these places flock to run down areas, not the other way around.

So it's ok if hookers and John's do their thing in run down poor areas as long as they stay away from your neighborhood?
Diggity
AG
Correct
DannyDuberstein
AG
3 days of hearings over whether the tape is admissible in this misdemeanor prosecution. The public's tax dollars at work.
Vernada
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

3 days of hearings over whether the tape is admissible in this misdemeanor prosecution. The public's tax dollars at work.
and/or proof of how rich people have a leg up.. no 'normal' person could fight this the same way Kraft is fighting it.
DallasAggie0
Vernada said:

DannyDuberstein said:

and/or proof of how rich people have a leg up.. no 'normal' person could fight this the same way Kraft is fighting it.

Nobody would even care if it wasn't Kraft....
Diggity
AG
this is silly. A "normal" person would plead out and spend a minuscule fraction of what Kraft is throwing at this case.
Vernada
AG
Diggity said:

this is silly. A "normal" person would plead out and spend a minuscule fraction of what Kraft is throwing at this case.
I know. That's kinda my point. The only reason this is still moving along is because he can afford to spend a small fortune to defend himself against aggressive prosecution. Not an option most folks have.
Diggity
AG
I wouldn't call this a "leg up"

In this situation, I imagine Kraft would have loved to trade places with the average joe who gets caught in one of these raids and ends up doing some community service.
Vernada
AG
It's been going on for so long I don't remember for sure, but didn't he get offered that exact plea? Plead guilty and get community service. Maybe a fine too?
Diggity
AG
Not sure.

My only point here is that his wealth/celebrity is more of a hindrance than a help in this situation.

Nobody cares when Joe Six Pack gets caught in a raid. They do care when it's someone rich & famous.
Vernada
AG
Meh - I'm not sure I agree with that take... if Kraft was all concerned about how it looks, he would have pleaded quickly and had it go away. This way, it stays in the news forever.

FTR - I'm glad he's mounting a vigorous defense and making the prosecutors do everything they can to prove whether or not he's guilty. I just don't like the fact that aggressive prosecution can so easily steamroll 'normal' folks.
Diggity
AG
how would pleading guilty have it "go away"?
Vernada
AG
I took your 'nobody cares' to be a PR related comment.

Pleading guilty way back when means we're not still talking about it today.
Diggity
AG
I think it would probably open a can of worms with the NFL though
Vernada
AG
Diggity said:

I'm sure you're correct.

but that doesn't change the fact that he's still able to do something that almost no one else could afford to do.
Bassmaster
AG
Vernada said:

Diggity said:

I'm sure you're correct.

but that doesn't change the fact that he's still able to do something that almost no one else could afford to do.
He can also buy nice cars, homes, etc. We should hold that against him? Who cares?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.