Robert Kraft arrested and charged with soliciting another to commit Prostitution

12,437 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?

as part of a larger prostitution and human trafficking ring.
AtlAg05
AG
Will he be forced to sell?
swc93
AG
NFL going to make him sell the team?

Guarantee the other owners are going to jump on this like sharks.
Mike Elko
AG
"In a press conference Friday morning, Jupiter Police chief Daniel Kerr said Kraft was charged with two counts of soliciting prostitution, and that a warrant for his arrest is with the state's attorney's office and will be sent to Kraft's home in Massachusetts. Kerr said there is video evidence of Kraft involved in sex acts in a massage parlor on two occasions. Twenty-five people total were charged with soliciting prostitution at the Orchids of Asia spa in Jupiter."

Dirty old man's as dirty as his organization. Classic.
dshedd41
S
Woah!
Gig’em Aggies!
. . .
BBQ4Me
AG
Fake. Did you see the way he kissed Brady??
suburban cowboy
AG
Reminds me of taken
WES2006AG
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Will he be forced to sell?
We can only hope.
. . .

Quote:

An investigation into the Jupiter spa began in October.

Women, many of them from China, lived in the spa and were not permitted to leave, according to Martin County Sheriff Will Snyder.

The owner of that spa, Hua Zhang, 58, of Winter Garden, was arrested and charged with deriving support from the proceeds of prostitution, keeping and frequenting a house of prostitution and 26 counts of procuring for prostitution.

Quote:

"They were cooking on the back steps of the business. These women were sleeping in massage parlors, on the massage tables and had no access to transportation," said Synder, who noted the victims were averaging eight clients a day. "If you do the math, that is about 1,500 men a year, with no days off."

Vince Blake
AustinAg2012 said:

"sex acts in a massage parlor"

The Merman approves
rsf0626
I doubt they make him sell. That is unless he was involved in the organziation of the prostitution ring itself
Ag_07
AG
If it comes out that either he was aware of the circumstances/human trafficking aspect of it or if any of these women were underage I could see them forcing a sell.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Looking forward to who the "bigger name" is.

W
AG
get your popcorn ready
ORAggieFan
There was no human trafficking or under age girls. Law Enforcement used that as a way in to controlling consenting adults.

On the "bigger names" piece, curious why someone would say that without breaking the name. Maybe a leak they are getting ready to bust and don't want them knowing yet?
Iowaggie
AG
Well, if that "massage" brings an end to the Patriots dynasty, I guess it means we all got the happy ending we were looking for.
bigjag19
AG
swc93 said:

NFL going to make him sell the team?

Guarantee the other owners are going to jump on this like sharks.

What makes you think other owners haven't done this?
Texan_Aggie
AG
That's not the point here. The others weren't caught.
DallasAggie0
Texan_Aggie said:

The owners are going to mind their own business.
. . .
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26078163/patriots-owner-robert-kraft-officially-charged-first-degree-solicitation-prostitute

Macarthur
DallasAggie0 said:

Texan_Aggie said:

LIke they did w/ Jerry Richardson? What about Sterling in the NBA?

I don't know what will happen but for you to be so cavalier in saying they won't even bat an eye, seems really shortsighted.
WES2006AG
AG
The owners will just blow in the winds of public opinion and use that to help them cum to their conclusion.
ac04
nothing classier than taking the bentley down to the strip mall whack palace
AgEng06
AG
ac04 said:

nothing classier than taking the bentley down to the strip mall whack palace
And two different Bentleys at that.
MelvinUdall
Macarthur said:

DallasAggie0 said:

Texan_Aggie said:

I don't know what will happen but for you to be so cavalier in saying they won't even bat an eye, seems really shortsighted.

Those situations aren't mutually exclusive to the Kraft issue. If it is found that Kraft was aware about the sex trafficking or the woman was underage, that would be absolute grounds for a forced sale. I am in no way condoning his actions, and if the league determines to force him to sale, I am totally fine with it, I just don't believe it is similar to the situations that you referenced.
Bunk Moreland
https://reason.com/blog/2019/02/25/florida-massage-parlor-sex-stings

Quote:

Police say the spas were fronts for prostitution, that the workers there were victims of sex trafficking, and that their six-month long investigation was time well spent.

Six months is a long time, however, and it's hard to reconcile the cops' timeline with their heroic rhetoric. If the women employed at these businesses were really the victims of "modern slavery," why did police take six months to get them out of that situation? Why did it require repeat intimate undercover visits and building misdemeanor prostitution charges against all sorts of random men before these "heroes" decided to intervene?

Quote:

At a press conference (partially aired on CNN) today, Palm Beach District Attorney Dave Aronberg spent most of his time talking about the theoretical horrors that could occur in situations like this.

"Modern day slavery," as Aronberg called it, "can happen anywhere, including in the peaceful community of Jupiter."

However, no human trafficking charges were filed among the hundreds of (current and coming) prostitution charges, he admitted, adding that first-time offenders (like Robert Kraft) are "very unlikely to get any significant" time behind bars.

"There's no allegation that any defendant engaged in human trafficking," said Aronberg.

Quote:

Martin County Sheriff Snyder told CNN today that police were having trouble getting one woman in custody to "cooperate" in explaining why they would "go and allow themselves to be trafficked."

"They had the ability, they could've walked out into the street and asked for help," he continued, noting that they often worked long hours and cooked food on a hot-plate instead of leaving for meals. "But they didn't."

Instead of taking this as a sign that these women were willingly engaging in this work, police continue to seek ways to explain away this evidence. (And the CNN host asked why they wouldn't "speak their truth.") Snyder claims that one woman said she was afraid people might hurt her family if she cooperated.

This type of claim is made regularly by police in these sorts of investigations. That is convenient, considering they're the only ones allowed to talk to any of the alleged victims and it's an explanation no one can verify, unlike initial claims from law enforcementnow countered by Synderthat massage parlor workers weren't allowed to leave.

"human trafficking" and "modern day slavery" will rile up the newspapers....but was it just another run of the mill rub and tug joint?
ORAggieFan
I said early on there is no sex trafficking. That is what law enforcement uses to waste taxpayer money here. You think they gather six months of evidence if people or being used that way? On Kraft's arrest the "victim" was the city. GMAFB!

No victim, no crime.
DallasAggie0
Macarthur said:

DallasAggie0 said:

Texan_Aggie said:

Not even remotely the same thing. Seriously, who gives a **** about prostitution these days much less a bunch of rich schmucks who all probably do the same thing.
Macarthur
ORAggieFan said:

I said early on there is no sex trafficking. That is what law enforcement uses to waste taxpayer money here. You think they gather six months of evidence if people or being used that way? On Kraft's arrest the "victim" was the city. GMAFB!

No victim, no crime.
I think it's a bit early for you to make this proclomation.
Macarthur
MelvinUdall said:

Macarthur said:

DallasAggie0 said:

Texan_Aggie said:

Those situations aren't mutually exclusive to the Kraft issue. If it is found that Kraft was aware about the sex trafficking or the woman was underage, that would be absolute grounds for a forced sale. I am in no way condoning his actions, and if the league determines to force him to sale, I am totally fine with it, I just don't believe it is similar to the situations that you referenced.

I know the situations are diff. I'm just responding to the poster that said the league would ignore it. I'm saying there are situations where owners were involved in shady things and the league did not ignore it.
Macarthur
DallasAggie0 said:

Macarthur said:

DallasAggie0 said:

Texan_Aggie said:

Not even remotely the same thing. Seriously, who gives a **** about prostitution these days much less a bunch of rich schmucks who all probably do the same thing.

While the offenses are not the same, the point still remains as I mentioned above.

Virtually everyone on here has said they have no issue with run of the mill prostitution. Depending on where this story leads, it COULD be way more than that.
ORAggieFan
Macarthur said:

DallasAggie0 said:

Macarthur said:

DallasAggie0 said:

Texan_Aggie said:

While the offenses are not the same, the point still remains as I mentioned above.

Virtually everyone on here has said they have no issue with run of the mill prostitution. Depending on where this story leads, it COULD be way more than that.
It won't be. This is the norm in these cases. Cops use a potential horrible crime as reason to investigate, then just bust people for prostitution.

Ask yourself this, if there was true trafficking and girls weren't allowed to leave, do they sit on this six months? They did this to keep getting more johns.
Macarthur
ORAggieFan said:

Macarthur said:

DallasAggie0 said:

Macarthur said:

DallasAggie0 said:

Texan_Aggie said:

It won't be. This is the norm in these cases. Cops use a potential horrible crime as reason to investigate, then just bust people for prostitution.

Ask yourself this, if there was true trafficking and girls weren't allowed to leave, do they sit on this six months? They did this to keep getting more johns.

I don't dispute you could be right. What I find weird is the confidence you have that this is nothing more than a minor thing.
ORAggieFan
Because I've been following cases like this for years (big reader of Reason linked above). It's a lot like this bust a few years ago.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.