Job Network
Sponsored by

Texas Workforce Commission

6,997 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Charpie
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marauder Blue 6 said:

TAMUallen said:

I still can't get through to TWC over the phone even in my calling time. It's busy or tells you the number you dialed was busy about 99.9% of the time. The .1% of the time it gets through has you press 1 or 2 to some questions then attempts to transfer you to a busy line
Have you tried 915-832-6438? I tried 800-939-6631 400+ times on Saturday and got a rep on the 915 after the fifth dial.
Seems like disconnected with a message routing it to their main number in austin.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Dang. It's not the first time I've seen that. I've trolled the Texas Workforce Commission FB page and found numbers posted in the comments that people have used. It seems these local numbers are taken offline once they get too popular.

Here are some others that I've found.

512-463-2700
915-832-6430
817-420-1600
512-463-2222
MookieBlaylock
AG
Online system is down

Furloughed until August, hopefully get thru by then
agsalaska
AG
We are trying to figure out how to do this. My wife would not normally be eligible because she is a real estate agent. But we are very certain that real estate agents are eligible for $600 a week. We need to talk to somebody at TWC.

Guessing I am **** out of luck.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
agsalaska said:

We are trying to figure out how to do this. My wife would not normally be eligible because she is a real estate agent. But we are very certain that real estate agents are eligible for $600 a week. We need to talk to somebody at TWC.

She won't know until she calls.
agsalaska
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

agsalaska said:

Yea I am on hold right now. Average wait time is 67 minutes.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
agsalaska said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

agsalaska said:

I know it sucks but don't hang up.
agsalaska
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

agsalaska said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

agsalaska said:

I know it sucks but don't hang up.

Yea. 7 more minutes.
Poke_the_Bear
AG
Is there any office you can go to? 2 family members that need to file for the last week and cant get through.
agsalaska
AG
I got thru after holding for an hour and a half.

Pro tip, hit the para espanol numero 2 option.

I will say this, the lady could not have been more helpful.
Charpie
AG
They adjusted their hours starting on 4/19. They will be open 7-7
ravingfans
AG
I was able to apply online today finally. My attorney said to just go ahead and file now and if denied, then appeal, then if no luck, then re-apply when the time allows. Hopefully I won't be out that long. We'll see.

Anybody need a good high tech sales guy in the Dallas area?
TAMUallen
AG
I'm still having the same problems of it being busy, saying "sorry the number you called was busy" or it giving me a few press 1 if blah blah press 2 if blah blah then transferring me to a busy number. Frustrating to say the least.

Has anybody received their $600 Covid19 unemployment or is the TWC still determining how they are going to do that?
BrazosDog02
AG
You act like you expected something better from your government? Seems par for the course.
aezmvp
TAMUallen said:

I'm still having the same problems of it being busy, saying "sorry the number you called was busy" or it giving me a few press 1 if blah blah press 2 if blah blah then transferring me to a busy number. Frustrating to say the least.

Has anybody received their $600 Covid19 unemployment or is the TWC still determining how they are going to do that?

Lousiana just got their funds the other day. Not sure Texas has. No one seems to have an answer.
aggie4231
AG
Requested my 1st unemployment payment. Will be getting the extra 600.

Never had problems signing up or doing anything on the website.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
AgTDub
AG
Same. The $600/wk was automatically added.
Poke_the_Bear
AG
How long does it take from payment request to payment? Website says 2 days but friend has waited 5 days so far.
aggie4231
AG
I request on Tuesday morning and have by noon on Thursday.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
ravingfans
AG
Got approved for my payment yesterday--woohoo! took 25 days total. Payment went through as well. It included the CARES payment as well.

Poke: it is pretty quick for the payment, really a day or two from date it is released for payment. would budget a few days for the payment request to be processed, then another day or two for payment to be made.

I'm missing the first week as I couldn't get through the system to request payment in time, so will have to call about that. They also hold back the first week's payment to make sure we report when we have returned to work.
agsalaska
AG
The interesting question for independent contractors is do they get the benefits even if they work. Say you work as a contractor accountant and you went from 15k a month to 3k a month. Do you still get it? You are still working and making money. Or you are an inspector and went from 10 houses a week to 4. Do you still get it?

I was listening to this debate the other day and did't know the answer.
78bc3
AG
Former Student Career Services hosts webinars to introduce resources designed to help Aggies explore career options, research opportunities, find Industry connections and compete in our evolving Job markets. Learn strategies and tactics needed to get plugged in with the Aggie Network and beyond to achieve your career goals.

You are invited to a Zoom meeting May 4, 2020 12:00 PM Central Time.
Please register in advance for this meeting:
https://tamu.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5UuduqopjwqDzqqCPdISmoX0ECggnnhDg

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
For additional information please contact Former Student Career Services at
fscshelp@tamu.edu
Paul Pausky BC3 '78
water turkey
Tried to help my daughter-in-law (layed off on Mach 8th) but she (and we) have given up.

Got it approved and by the time she got throught to request the money (she didn't know she had to request the money), it said she had to start over.

Incredibly frustrating.
duck79
AG
Have a question about TWC that I am hoping someone here can answer. My wife is being asked to return to work Wednesday to see patients. She previously worked Tues-Thur but is now being told that she may have to work 6 days per week. We have a 6 and 9yr old that now require homeschool and with my job I am unable to stay home every day. She has asked her boss for a schedule moving forward but he has not sent that yet and is telling everyone that if they are unable to return they must let him know by 5pm tomorrow. I have read that if you are unable to return to work due to homeschool then you can continue to claim unemployment but if she goes to a mandatory meeting on Wednesday of this week will that negate any claim she tries to make? She has asked her boss for a schedule 3 times and he just keeps responding "ok I'll work on it".
aggiemom89
Individual has two part-time jobs. One job has been furloughed, but they still have the other part time job. Can they file for unemployment on the one part-time job that they lost ?
Charpie
AG
Part time jobs don't usually qualify for unemployment
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.