Logos Stick said:
Can someone explain to me the totally ****ed up mind of liberals, i.e. the TMZ staff? Please make it make sense!
I don't give two craps what she felt. She brutally murdered an innocent teenage girl and attempted to murder a fellow inmate.
Look…I am 100% behind the death penalty, but some of y'all making arguments similar to this need to remember that we do have a constitution…
Our constitution allows for the death penalty while still preventing cruel and unusual punishment…
This whole execution was botched (likely on purpose), but that doesn't change the constitution…
As far as laws of this land go, it's irrelevant what her victim went through…we may not like it, but that's how the law works…this whole thing is ****ed up…the whole process was botched, and now you have a ward of the state, in a vegetative state, where there is no legal precedent to "finish the job"…
Whether our emotions agree with it or not, we now have an inmate who is no longer capable of understanding the punishment she was to receive, and that too creates a huge legal issue…I frankly don't see any way around keeping her on machines until she expires naturally in the future…
You will essentially need a judge to declare her clinically dead so hopefully the state can simply pull the plug, but that's going to open a whole Pandora's Box from a legal and constitutional perspective…
I will not profess to know how this all works out, but I do know this outcome is pretty much the worst possible outcome for all parties involved, and SCOTUS is going to now have to define several items once thought to be black and white which are now drowning in gray area…
Again, I'm still 100% behind the death penalty, but this whole thing is a cluster **** of astronomical proportions…