"Teaching is too hard"

7,496 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Burdizzo
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought he was fired for breaking ISD protocol for texting preteens in the night.
The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BigRobSA said:

The System said:

BigRobSA said:

The System said:

Cool, you're part of the <30% receiving it that the whole thing was designed for. The skeptics saw it coming a mile away. The pro-voucher folks get their foot in the door saying it's just for poor kids in failing schools. Then the majority of them went to kids already in private school. Now Abbott and the comptroller are already calling for an additional $2 billion to expand it. Expand it to who? Well, we all know who.

So, they're getting to use their taxes to pay for their schooling?


Oh NOES! The yugemanatee!

I mean, we can agree to disagree about how big of an issue it is. But if it was so cut and dry, and so easy, then why did it take a single issue governor using out of state money from billionaires, to primary loyal GOP reps who supported Abbott 99% of the time but disagreed with vouchers , using nasty deceitful campaigns?

Because most voters went to public school and aren't smart enough to realize how bad socialized "education" is.

Nice. Most of the posters on this board went to public school. You probably did too.
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The System said:

BigRobSA said:

The System said:

BigRobSA said:

The System said:

Cool, you're part of the <30% receiving it that the whole thing was designed for. The skeptics saw it coming a mile away. The pro-voucher folks get their foot in the door saying it's just for poor kids in failing schools. Then the majority of them went to kids already in private school. Now Abbott and the comptroller are already calling for an additional $2 billion to expand it. Expand it to who? Well, we all know who.

So, they're getting to use their taxes to pay for their schooling?


Oh NOES! The yugemanatee!

I mean, we can agree to disagree about how big of an issue it is. But if it was so cut and dry, and so easy, then why did it take a single issue governor using out of state money from billionaires, to primary loyal GOP reps who supported Abbott 99% of the time but disagreed with vouchers , using nasty deceitful campaigns?

Because most voters went to public school and aren't smart enough to realize how bad socialized "education" is.

Nice. Most of the posters on this board went to public school. You probably did too.

Private grade school. My broke, single-parent mom loved me. She got me a scholarship to a Lutheran school.



And, yes, some of us that did go to public school but realize it is a big problem are the exception that proves the rule.

There isn't a single thing that gets socialized into a successful result. It's impossible, at its core.
SouthTex99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is your position. One that you think is clear and easy. If it's so clear, why not amend the Texas Constitution? Why did the GOP refuse time and time again to put it on the ballot as a constitutional amendment?

Instead, they did what I have explained multiple times in this thread.
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The System said:

That is your position. One that you think is clear but an easy. If it's so clear, why not amend the Texas Constitution? Why did the GOP refuse time and time again to put it on the ballot as a constitutional amendment?

Instead, they did what I have explained multiple times in this thread.

If you go the route of voters voting for it, I've explained why. That answer also probably accounts for most of our legislators, as well, if you want it to go to a 2/3 vote in the Leg. Public schooling.

It'll be our downfall. :-(
The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BigRobSA said:

The System said:

That is your position. One that you think is clear but an easy. If it's so clear, why not amend the Texas Constitution? Why did the GOP refuse time and time again to put it on the ballot as a constitutional amendment?

Instead, they did what I have explained multiple times in this thread.

If you go the route of voters voting for it, I've explained why. That answer also probably accounts for most of our legislators, as well, if you want it to go to a 2/3 vote in the Leg. Public schooling.

It'll be our downfall. :-(

Wow lol. So everyone in Texas is too stupid to think for themselves, except kids who went to private school…got it.
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The System said:

BigRobSA said:

The System said:

That is your position. One that you think is clear but an easy. If it's so clear, why not amend the Texas Constitution? Why did the GOP refuse time and time again to put it on the ballot as a constitutional amendment?

Instead, they did what I have explained multiple times in this thread.

If you go the route of voters voting for it, I've explained why. That answer also probably accounts for most of our legislators, as well, if you want it to go to a 2/3 vote in the Leg. Public schooling.

It'll be our downfall. :-(

Wow lol. So everyone in Texas is too stupid to think for themselves, except kids who went to private school…got it.

The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BigRobSA said:

The System said:

BigRobSA said:

The System said:

That is your position. One that you think is clear but an easy. If it's so clear, why not amend the Texas Constitution? Why did the GOP refuse time and time again to put it on the ballot as a constitutional amendment?

Instead, they did what I have explained multiple times in this thread.

If you go the route of voters voting for it, I've explained why. That answer also probably accounts for most of our legislators, as well, if you want it to go to a 2/3 vote in the Leg. Public schooling.

It'll be our downfall. :-(

Wow lol. So everyone in Texas is too stupid to think for themselves, except kids who went to private school…got it.



You sound more like an elitist Democrat than a freedom loving Texan. Have a nice day sir.
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The System said:

BigRobSA said:

The System said:

BigRobSA said:

The System said:

That is your position. One that you think is clear but an easy. If it's so clear, why not amend the Texas Constitution? Why did the GOP refuse time and time again to put it on the ballot as a constitutional amendment?

Instead, they did what I have explained multiple times in this thread.

If you go the route of voters voting for it, I've explained why. That answer also probably accounts for most of our legislators, as well, if you want it to go to a 2/3 vote in the Leg. Public schooling.

It'll be our downfall. :-(

Wow lol. So everyone in Texas is too stupid to think for themselves, except kids who went to private school…got it.



You sound more like an elitist Democrat than a freedom loving Texan. Have a nice day sir.

Elitist?

By simply wanting the best system, privatized education, for all to prosper from?

I lived out of my car so I could afford to send my kid to private school for pre-k and K. So elitist. So hoity-toity. Tried 1 year of public **** show. No thanks. I'll live on the streets before I subject him to that crap again.

Thankfully, I'm doing much better now, financially, and the vouchers are there so I can spend my tax money on an actual good education. And if they start sucking, there's more where they came from. Competition....so elitist.
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
t_J_e_C_x said:

I'm voting for the freako Talarico and I'll admit that had the GOP not run Paxton, who emulates everything corruption and is a strongly disliked candidate far more than Cruz ever was, this race wouldn't even be close. GOP would be so far ahead.

There's a saying for this:
"Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face" is an English-language idiom, used to describe an irrationally self-destructive act taken in pursuit of revenge. The phrase often takes the form of the proverb "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face".
(copied from Wikipedia)
Look at the orators in our republics; as long as they are poor, both state and people can only praise their uprightness; but once they are fattened on the public funds, they conceive a hatred for justice, plan intrigues against the people and attack the democracy.
-Aristophanes
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BoDog said:

samurai_science said:

bigjag19 said:

What happens when you run someone horribly disliked.

See 2016 and Hillary.

No one ran Paxton, he chose to join the primary and beat the terrible incumbent. John chose to be terrible; it all starts with him.

Nope we are in this position because of myopic idiot primary voters who cant see the big picture! You think I voted for Cornyn because I thought he was some fantastic senator? Hell no! I did because I knew a vote for Paxton would mean sweating out a close general election. As ol Barrack Hussein once said, "elections have consequences." Some of us might be learning this the hard way in November. I never thought I would see the day but here we are. The soy boy fake preacher could just become the next senator from the great state of Texas. God help us!!

Hope you're voting for the political stances the Republicans want. I remember when Paxton offered to drop out of the primary if Cornyn would vote to pass the Save Act. He wouldn't so he opposed legislation something like 80% of our voting population was for regardless of their political affiliation.
Look at the orators in our republics; as long as they are poor, both state and people can only praise their uprightness; but once they are fattened on the public funds, they conceive a hatred for justice, plan intrigues against the people and attack the democracy.
-Aristophanes
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
t_J_e_C_x said:

Sq 17 said:

Getting teachers to vote for the party that wants to dramatically change and decrease funding that goes to through the school and ends up as their paycheck is some really good salesmanship

Talarico is Walz 2.0 The Ds is hoping to peel off School district employees away from the Rs


Yeah I don't get why GOP thinks they'll ever win over the female professional or teacher crowds anytime soon

My daughter is a teacher and votes Republicans.
Look at the orators in our republics; as long as they are poor, both state and people can only praise their uprightness; but once they are fattened on the public funds, they conceive a hatred for justice, plan intrigues against the people and attack the democracy.
-Aristophanes
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LOYAL AG said:

t_J_e_C_x said:

AgNav93 said:

t_J_e_C_x said:

I'm voting for the freako Talarico and I'll admit that had the GOP not run Paxton, who emulates everything corruption and is a strongly disliked candidate far more than Cruz ever was, this race wouldn't even be close. GOP would be so far ahead.

So instead, you'll vote for a ***** chopper. Good show. Way to go man. And I don't believe for one second you would ever vote for a republican. Your nose ring must be itching.


I never said I was going to vote for a Republican. Rework your reading comprehension skills. I said the race wouldn't be so close if it wasn't Paxton.

I'll gladly vote for Mr. Freako over Pax Corruptus


What evidence do you have of corruption? Where are the convictions? If he's corrupt how come the Biden DOJ determined there's nothing to see here after three years of investigation?

It's ok to support high violent crime rates and destructive energy policies and mutilating children in the name of political ideology. Just own those things and don't pretend you are voting based on something you can't prove.

Paxton was not convicted of crimes. He was only convicted by a leftist leaning news media. Minions keep repeating this lie.
Look at the orators in our republics; as long as they are poor, both state and people can only praise their uprightness; but once they are fattened on the public funds, they conceive a hatred for justice, plan intrigues against the people and attack the democracy.
-Aristophanes
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bull Meachem said:

Spotted Ag said:

Bull Meachem said:

Spotted Ag said:

LOL, teaching is one of the easiest jobs their is and with AI now, it's even easier. Gone are the days of toiling for hours writing lesson plans. Gone of the days of toiling for hours trying to write your own tests or create your practice sheets or creating and producing a meaningful and engaging lecture. The teachers that are upset about vouchers are the one that have been told to be upset by their admins. And the admins are upset because they are afraid of losing tax revenue when students are required to attend their crap district.

If Talawacko couldn't hack it in a classroom, he's a weak excuse for a man...but we already knew that just by looking at him.

What is your experience with teaching in public schools?

I taught high school science in big urban schools in the Houston area and central Texas areas for many years. Been in public education since 2005. Guess you didn't see that coming.

I asked first because I didn't want to make any assumptions.

Teaching has become easier as far as a few of those things but it's definitely not easier to create meaningful and engaging lessons. Teaching is a difficult job because we've been asked to do too much of the stuff that isn't teaching and weak-willed admins aren't holding students accountable.

I have no problems with vouchers or even a complete overhaul of the education system as a whole but to call it the easiest job there is probably means you are not in the classroom anymore. I'll assume you've been out of the classroom since before COVID as well. If I'm wrong, correct me please.

I will say that my former co-workers who left education tell me that their current jobs are significantly easier than teaching. Some will even say they're bored at work because they get done with their duties fairly quickly. Not all of them but enough do.


The administrators in education have placed ridiculous burdens on teachers. The amount of crap teachers put up with is absolutely absurd.
Look at the orators in our republics; as long as they are poor, both state and people can only praise their uprightness; but once they are fattened on the public funds, they conceive a hatred for justice, plan intrigues against the people and attack the democracy.
-Aristophanes
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
richardag said:

LOYAL AG said:

t_J_e_C_x said:

AgNav93 said:

t_J_e_C_x said:

I'm voting for the freako Talarico and I'll admit that had the GOP not run Paxton, who emulates everything corruption and is a strongly disliked candidate far more than Cruz ever was, this race wouldn't even be close. GOP would be so far ahead.

So instead, you'll vote for a ***** chopper. Good show. Way to go man. And I don't believe for one second you would ever vote for a republican. Your nose ring must be itching.


I never said I was going to vote for a Republican. Rework your reading comprehension skills. I said the race wouldn't be so close if it wasn't Paxton.

I'll gladly vote for Mr. Freako over Pax Corruptus


What evidence do you have of corruption? Where are the convictions? If he's corrupt how come the Biden DOJ determined there's nothing to see here after three years of investigation?

It's ok to support high violent crime rates and destructive energy policies and mutilating children in the name of political ideology. Just own those things and don't pretend you are voting based on something you can't prove.

Paxton was not convicted of crimes. He was only convicted by a leftist leaning news media. Minions keep repeating this lie.


I happen to personally know the person Paxton got caught up with in all of that. He's worse than the definition of scum. Even if the friendly investigation decided to let it slide I know exactly who they are and what they did. I will never cast a vote for Ken Paxton in my life.

Edit: I will never vote for Talarico or a Dem either, but the republican won't get my vote until they are sane and I think they are trying to work for Texas. Paxton is the epitome of POS
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ts5641 said:

Talafreako's been groomed for this run for years. His "teaching" was just to say he was a teacher. Ya know, one of the common folk. He's just a gentle teacher and preacher.


He's a ******* weirdo.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
richardag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bunk Moreland said:

richardag said:

LOYAL AG said:

t_J_e_C_x said:

AgNav93 said:

t_J_e_C_x said:

I'm voting for the freako Talarico and I'll admit that had the GOP not run Paxton, who emulates everything corruption and is a strongly disliked candidate far more than Cruz ever was, this race wouldn't even be close. GOP would be so far ahead.

So instead, you'll vote for a ***** chopper. Good show. Way to go man. And I don't believe for one second you would ever vote for a republican. Your nose ring must be itching.


I never said I was going to vote for a Republican. Rework your reading comprehension skills. I said the race wouldn't be so close if it wasn't Paxton.

I'll gladly vote for Mr. Freako over Pax Corruptus


What evidence do you have of corruption? Where are the convictions? If he's corrupt how come the Biden DOJ determined there's nothing to see here after three years of investigation?

It's ok to support high violent crime rates and destructive energy policies and mutilating children in the name of political ideology. Just own those things and don't pretend you are voting based on something you can't prove.

Paxton was not convicted of crimes. He was only convicted by a leftist leaning news media. Minions keep repeating this lie.


I happen to personally know the person Paxton got caught up with in all of that. He's worse than the definition of scum. Even if the friendly investigation decided to let it slide I know exactly who they are and what they did. I will never cast a vote for Ken Paxton in my life.

Edit: I will never vote for Talarico or a Dem either, but the republican won't get my vote until they are sane and I think they are trying to work for Texas. Paxton is the epitome of POS

And that is your right. So the decision comes down to potentially living under the rule of Talirico or Paxton.
Look at the orators in our republics; as long as they are poor, both state and people can only praise their uprightness; but once they are fattened on the public funds, they conceive a hatred for justice, plan intrigues against the people and attack the democracy.
-Aristophanes
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ts5641 said:

Talafreako's been groomed for this run for years. His "teaching" was just to say he was a teacher. Ya know, one of the common folk. He's just a gentle teacher and preacher.



I have said this many times before. You can be a man of God or you can be a politician, but you can't be both. A man can't serve two masters.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.