"Teaching is too hard"

7,981 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Burdizzo
Spotted Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Logos Stick said:

nai06 said:

Logos Stick said:

nai06 said:

Spotted Ag said:

LOL, teaching is one of the easiest jobs their is and with AI now, it's even easier. Gone are the days of toiling for hours writing lesson plans. Gone of the days of toiling for hours trying to write your own tests or create your practice sheets or creating and producing a meaningful and engaging lecture. The teachers that are upset about vouchers are the one that have been told to be upset by their admins. And the admins are upset because they are afraid of losing tax revenue when students are required to attend their crap district.

If Talawacko couldn't hack it in a classroom, he's a weak excuse for a man...but we already knew that just by looking at him.


Show me a teacher that is reliant on AI to do their job and I'll show you a **** teacher.

It's lazy, ineffective, and doesn't provide high quality education for students.



Not true at all.

Its been shown numerous times that using AI leads to cognitive offloading in students. The same goes for teachers as well.


Add into the mix that using AI for the things mentioned above is so painfully obvious. Aside from spitting out poorly worded or outright wrong questions, it has all the hallmarks of AI slop. Students are rebelling against teachers using it in part because of how bad it is.

Making high quality and engaging lessons is something that AI absolutely sucks at.


Cognitive offloading has always been done: calculators, GPS, Google - same deal. AI just does a lot more of the work, so the shortcut is bigger. We already accepted a huge cut in research effort when search showed up. AI is the next cut.

Every teacher using AI is not lazy and every lesson is not garbage. A decent teacher using it as a first draft and then fixing it for their actual class is not the same as dumping chatbot slop on kids.

I think you are being disingenuous because of fear of AI.

Bingo!
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
Tex100
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bigjag19 said:

What happens when you run someone horribly disliked.

See 2016 and Hillary.
. Even in 2024, had the Democrats run someone with a peppercorn of competency, Trump might not have won. Still staggering that a Candidate as bad as Talarico has a real chance to be in the U.S. Senate.
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tex100 said:

bigjag19 said:

What happens when you run someone horribly disliked.

See 2016 and Hillary.

Even in 2024, had the Democrats run someone with a peppercorn of competency, Trump might not have won. Still staggering that a Candidate as bad as Talarico has a real chance to be in the U.S. Senate.


This.

Realistic and discouraging.
The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOYAL AG said:

The System said:

As a lifelong GOP voter, never pulled the lever for a Dem in my life, the Texas GOP is getting exactly what it deserves. And while I'd never even consider voting for Talafreako or a Dem for a US Senate seat, I hope Abbott goes down in flames to Hinajosa.


Wow. Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water. You can dislike the Republicans and still see that the Democrat platform is an unmitigated disaster. Their policies are utterly and completely destructive of society and citizens. Hinojosa isn't winning so no need to discus that but giving the Senate to the Dems is a recipe for destruction. Shirley you see that.

Well if you read my post, I said I'd never consider voting for talafreako or any Dem for a US senate seat. So not sure what "Shirley, I must see".
The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Why do you hope Abbott loses?

I'm taking a page out of the Abbott handbook. He worked hard to primary loyal GOP Reps over one single issue…vouchers. Guys that have supported him and agreed with 99% of his platform were called "trans supporters, RINOS, soft on the border", just lie after lie because they didn't support vouchers.

If he can use a war chest of outside money, and run dirty smear campaigns against guys that backed him 99% of the time, then he's a single issue Governor. And in return, he's made me a single issue voter. He hates public schools and I hope every educator, administrator, school employee, school board member and rural republican send his ass packing. The GOP should reap what they sow on this one.
Texas12&0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
t_J_e_C_x said:

AgNav93 said:

t_J_e_C_x said:

I'm voting for the freako Talarico and I'll admit that had the GOP not run Paxton, who emulates everything corruption and is a strongly disliked candidate far more than Cruz ever was, this race wouldn't even be close. GOP would be so far ahead.

So instead, you'll vote for a ***** chopper. Good show. Way to go man. And I don't believe for one second you would ever vote for a republican. Your nose ring must be itching.


I never said I was going to vote for a Republican. Rework your reading comprehension skills. I said the race wouldn't be so close if it wasn't Paxton.

I'll gladly vote for Mr. Freako over Pax Corruptus

Because you like to play with the transgender kids, too?
White Privilege - The ability to suffer whatever life throws at you without blaming another ethnic group.
Jeeper79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rocky Rider said:

And according to a poll on Fox last night he's up 2.8 points. Assuming the poll is correct, Texas is lost. It shouldn't be a close race and yet someone with a horrible woke / socialist resume is competitive
If only we could have anticipated this in the primaries and picked someone else to run against him…
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The System said:

LOYAL AG said:

The System said:

As a lifelong GOP voter, never pulled the lever for a Dem in my life, the Texas GOP is getting exactly what it deserves. And while I'd never even consider voting for Talafreako or a Dem for a US Senate seat, I hope Abbott goes down in flames to Hinajosa.


Wow. Talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water. You can dislike the Republicans and still see that the Democrat platform is an unmitigated disaster. Their policies are utterly and completely destructive of society and citizens. Hinojosa isn't winning so no need to discus that but giving the Senate to the Dems is a recipe for destruction. Shirley you see that.

Well if you read my post, I said I'd never consider voting for talafreako or any Dem for a US senate seat. So not sure what "Shirley, I must see".


I did read your post. Who you vote for is secondary to hoping Abbott loses to a Democrat. That's catastrophic given how absurdly extreme the Democrat platform is today. I've said for years the Republicans are too stupid to be as evil as the Democrats and all those years that I voted Libertarian I meant it. I spent a long time so frustrated with the Republicans that I didn't vote for them but I never wanted the Democrats to win. That's a bridge too far.
"The goal of socialism is communism." - Vladimir Lenin
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ts5641 said:

Talafreako's been groomed for this run for years. His "teaching" was just to say he was a teacher. Ya know, one of the common folk. He's just a gentle teacher and preacher.

It also put him closer to children, IYKWIM.
aggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bigjag19 said:

What happens when you run someone horribly disliked.

See 2016 and Hillary.

Cornyn was horribly disliked as well, difference is Paxton supporters wouldn't be actively working against him getting re-elected had he won. Cornyn has done a hell of a job proving he was a self serving RINO since being rejected by the voters.

I voted for Hunt BTW, he was the only one that would have coasted to election.
The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.
Bull Meachem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nai06 said:

Logos Stick said:

nai06 said:

Spotted Ag said:

LOL, teaching is one of the easiest jobs their is and with AI now, it's even easier. Gone are the days of toiling for hours writing lesson plans. Gone of the days of toiling for hours trying to write your own tests or create your practice sheets or creating and producing a meaningful and engaging lecture. The teachers that are upset about vouchers are the one that have been told to be upset by their admins. And the admins are upset because they are afraid of losing tax revenue when students are required to attend their crap district.

If Talawacko couldn't hack it in a classroom, he's a weak excuse for a man...but we already knew that just by looking at him.


Show me a teacher that is reliant on AI to do their job and I'll show you a **** teacher.

It's lazy, ineffective, and doesn't provide high quality education for students.



Not true at all.

Its been shown numerous times that using AI leads to cognitive offloading in students. The same goes for teachers as well.


Add into the mix that using AI for the things mentioned above is so painfully obvious. Aside from spitting out poorly worded or outright wrong questions, it has all the hallmarks of AI slop. Students are rebelling against teachers using it in part because of how bad it is.

Making high quality and engaging lessons is something that AI absolutely sucks at.


It can help jump start the creative process. I teach economics and I want my kids participating in games that help demonstrate some principles. AI has helped me organize my thoughts so that I don't over complicate it.

My kids never use it for my class, if I can control it and I do. We rarely use tech in class.
Bull Meachem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spotted Ag said:

And as expected, talk about how teaching isn't that hard of a profession based on my own experiences and all the yelping harpy public ed defenders come out in force bc how dare someone question the current public education paradigm and how it doesn't work because it caters to the lowest students and leaves the advanced students on their own. No child left behind only means that no child gets ahead.

Anyways, carry on with your righteous anger, lol.


That has not happened on this thread.

How long have you been out of the classroom?
Jeeper79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.
Those tax dollars didn't go to wealthy people's private school tuition . That's not how it works.
TxSquarebody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jeeper79 said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.
Those tax dollars didn't go to wealthy people's private school tuition . That's not how it works.

Even if it did, it was their money!
The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jeeper79 said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.
Those tax dollars didn't go to wealthy people's private school tuition . That's not how it works.

Over 70% of the vouchers this year went to kids who were already in private school or were not in the public school system last year.
Bull Meachem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TxSquarebody said:

Jeeper79 said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.
Those tax dollars didn't go to wealthy people's private school tuition . That's not how it works.

Even if it did, it was their money!


I'm pro vouchers but I have an issue. Apparently voucher money goes directly to the school immediately, where as public schools must use daily attendance to receive the money instead of enrollment. Two systems doesn't seem right to me.
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The System said:

Jeeper79 said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.

Those tax dollars didn't go to wealthy people's private school tuition . That's not how it works.

Over 70% of the vouchers this year went to kids who were already in private school or were not in the public school system last year.

My son is benefitting from it. Went from a ****ty public school to a private, Christian school. Doing a lot better. 2nd grade.

I'm nowhere close to "wealthy", nor is his disabled vet mother with whom he lives.
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bull Meachem said:

TxSquarebody said:

Jeeper79 said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.

Those tax dollars didn't go to wealthy people's private school tuition . That's not how it works.

Even if it did, it was their money!


I'm pro vouchers but I have an issue. Apparently voucher money goes directly to the school immediately, where as public schools must use daily attendance to receive the money instead of enrollment. Two systems doesn't seem right to me.

Privatize!


Socialized everything fails. Even feel-good stuff like schools.
CoCDad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BoDog said:

samurai_science said:

bigjag19 said:

What happens when you run someone horribly disliked.

See 2016 and Hillary.

No one ran Paxton, he chose to join the primary and beat the terrible incumbent. John chose to be terrible; it all starts with him.

Nope we are in this position because of myopic idiot primary voters who cant see the big picture! You think I voted for Cornyn because I thought he was some fantastic senator? Hell no! I did because I knew a vote for Paxton would mean sweating out a close general election. As ol Barrack Hussein once said, "elections have consequences." Some of us might be learning this the hard way in November. I never thought I would see the day but here we are. The soy boy fake preacher could just become the next senator from the great state of Texas. God help us!!

If you didn't think Cornyn was a fantastic senator then why didn't you at least vote for Hunt? I gladly voted for Paxton but Cornyn was the very worst of the three.
CoCDad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.

You want taxpayers to pay for dirty books for children? That's messed up.
The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cool, you're part of the <30% receiving it that the whole thing was designed for. The skeptics saw it coming a mile away. The pro-voucher folks get their foot in the door saying it's just for poor kids in failing schools. Then the majority of them went to kids already in private school. Now Abbott and the comptroller are already calling for an additional $2 billion to expand it. Expand it to who? Well, we all know who.
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He is right that teaching is a hard job. Unfortunately, this thread isn't about that.
Bull Meachem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigRobSA said:

Bull Meachem said:

TxSquarebody said:

Jeeper79 said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.

Those tax dollars didn't go to wealthy people's private school tuition . That's not how it works.

Even if it did, it was their money!


I'm pro vouchers but I have an issue. Apparently voucher money goes directly to the school immediately, where as public schools must use daily attendance to receive the money instead of enrollment. Two systems doesn't seem right to me.

Privatize!


Socialized everything fails. Even feel-good stuff like schools.



Maybe but that doesn't address what I wrote. But hey, never let a crisis go to waste, right?
The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CoCDad said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.

You want taxpayers to pay for dirty books for children? That's messed up.
Show me where I said that. My issue is the list itself. Have you read the list? Did you read Hatchet in school? What exactly is wrong with that book? I believe in local control and I believe the school district is a reflection and representation of the community at large. Are there books on that list that shouldn't be anywhere near a school…absolutely. And you won't find any of them in my rural community's school district. But I don't need some arbitrary list from some right wing radical Christian mom group dictating what goes on the shelf, and definitely don't need the Lt. Governor threatening schools to drop their accountability A-F grade because Green Grass ISD has Hatchet or Huck Finn in the library.
Jeeper79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The System said:

Jeeper79 said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.
Those tax dollars didn't go to wealthy people's private school tuition . That's not how it works.

Over 70% of the vouchers this year went to kids who were already in private school or were not in the public school system last year.

Most people just call them preschoolers.
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The System said:

Jeeper79 said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.
Those tax dollars didn't go to wealthy people's private school tuition . That's not how it works.

Over 70% of the vouchers this year went to kids who were already in private school or were not in the public school system last year.


So we saved 30%... That's a good thing.
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.


Competition makes everyone better. If those public schools are good they won't lose families to private schools, charter schools and homeschooling. If they aren't good they should lose families to those other options. Giving family a choice of how THEIR tax dollars are spent is the right thing to do by those children.

That you're complaining about "wealthy" people and private schools makes me question how conservative you actually are and if you're even a Republican. The right doesn't typically suffer from never mind express the phallic covetousness than the left does. You claim there's zero accountability but that comes from people voting with their feet. Families don't leave successful schools.
"The goal of socialism is communism." - Vladimir Lenin
Unforgiven94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The System said:

CoCDad said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.

You want taxpayers to pay for dirty books for children? That's messed up.
Show me where I said that. My issue is the list itself. Have you read the list? Did you read Hatchet in school? What exactly is wrong with that book? I believe in local control and I believe the school district is a reflection and representation of the community at large. Are there books on that list that shouldn't be anywhere near a school…absolutely. And you won't find any of them in my rural community's school district. But I don't need some arbitrary list from some right wing radical Christian mom group dictating what goes on the shelf, and definitely don't need the Lt. Governor threatening schools to drop their accountability A-F grade because Green Grass ISD has Hatchet or Huck Finn in the library.

The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOYAL AG said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.


Competition makes everyone better. If those public schools are good they won't lose families to private schools, charter schools and homeschooling. If they aren't good they should lose families to those other options. Giving family a choice of how THEIR tax dollars are spent is the right thing to do by those children.

That you're complaining about "wealthy" people and private schools makes me question how conservative you actually are and if you're even a Republican. The right doesn't typically suffer from never mind express the phallic covetousness than the left does. You claim there's zero accountability but that comes from people voting with their feet. Families don't leave successful schools.

I agree with a lot of that. But definitely disagree with some. And that's fine. I'm merely explaining why I hope Abbott loses. He became a single issue governor and it made me become a single issue voter. And there are a lot like me. I sincerely hope that sentiment doesn't bleed over into national implications like a US Senate seat, and it definitely won't from me, but unfortunately it looks like talafreako has a better shot at winning than Abbot going down.
ttu_85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gigem314 said:

t_J_e_C_x said:

I'm voting for the freako Talarico and I'll admit that had the GOP not run Paxton, who emulates everything corruption and is a strongly disliked candidate far more than Cruz ever was, this race wouldn't even be close. GOP would be so far ahead.

If your party was so right about Paxton, they would be much further ahead in this race...and they aren't.

Remember their party tolerates COMMUNIST in the form of the DSA to run candidates under their banner. And T'freako said Capitalism in Texas most go.

That alone makes the Dems a non starter. Unless of course all these t'freak backers are closet commies.

No middle ground in this case. Communism in any form or under any name is multiplication by 0 zero.
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The System said:

Cool, you're part of the <30% receiving it that the whole thing was designed for. The skeptics saw it coming a mile away. The pro-voucher folks get their foot in the door saying it's just for poor kids in failing schools. Then the majority of them went to kids already in private school. Now Abbott and the comptroller are already calling for an additional $2 billion to expand it. Expand it to who? Well, we all know who.

So, they're getting to use their taxes to pay for their schooling?


Oh NOES! The yugemanatee!
The System
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BigRobSA said:

The System said:

Cool, you're part of the <30% receiving it that the whole thing was designed for. The skeptics saw it coming a mile away. The pro-voucher folks get their foot in the door saying it's just for poor kids in failing schools. Then the majority of them went to kids already in private school. Now Abbott and the comptroller are already calling for an additional $2 billion to expand it. Expand it to who? Well, we all know who.

So, they're getting to use their taxes to pay for their schooling?


Oh NOES! The yugemanatee!

I mean, we can agree to disagree about how big of an issue it is. But if it was so cut and dry, and so easy, then why did it take a single issue governor using out of state money from billionaires, to primary loyal GOP reps who supported Abbott 99% of the time but disagreed with vouchers , using nasty deceitful campaigns?
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The System said:

BigRobSA said:

The System said:

Cool, you're part of the <30% receiving it that the whole thing was designed for. The skeptics saw it coming a mile away. The pro-voucher folks get their foot in the door saying it's just for poor kids in failing schools. Then the majority of them went to kids already in private school. Now Abbott and the comptroller are already calling for an additional $2 billion to expand it. Expand it to who? Well, we all know who.

So, they're getting to use their taxes to pay for their schooling?


Oh NOES! The yugemanatee!

I mean, we can agree to disagree about how big of an issue it is. But if it was so cut and dry, and so easy, then why did it take a single issue governor using out of state money from billionaires, to primary loyal GOP reps who supported Abbott 99% of the time but disagreed with vouchers , using nasty deceitful campaigns?

Because most voters went to public school and aren't smart enough to realize how bad socialized "education" is.
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The System said:

LOYAL AG said:

The System said:

The bridge too far was Abbott and his single issue Governorship. I hope he pays dearly for it and I hope it's a wake up call to the Texas GOP. We've had enough of your assault on public schools, your unfunded mandates, your dirty book lists, your Ten Commandments mandates, you're threatening of teachers/administrators/schools, and your subsidizing the wealthy's private school tuition with tax dollars and zero accountability. That's a bridge too far.


Competition makes everyone better. If those public schools are good they won't lose families to private schools, charter schools and homeschooling. If they aren't good they should lose families to those other options. Giving family a choice of how THEIR tax dollars are spent is the right thing to do by those children.

That you're complaining about "wealthy" people and private schools makes me question how conservative you actually are and if you're even a Republican. The right doesn't typically suffer from never mind express the phallic covetousness than the left does. You claim there's zero accountability but that comes from people voting with their feet. Families don't leave successful schools.

I agree with a lot of that. But definitely disagree with some. And that's fine. I'm merely explaining why I hope Abbott loses. He became a single issue governor and it made me become a single issue voter. And there are a lot like me. I sincerely hope that sentiment doesn't bleed over into national implications like a US Senate seat, and it definitely won't from me, but unfortunately it looks like talafreako has a better shot at winning than Abbot going down.


Understood. That's fine. Appreciate the discussion. I'm an extremely consistent voter. 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment and 16th Amendment. We don't elect politicians we elect parties and the Democrats are extremely hostile to our rights in all three of those. Still I do get the frustration from the perspective of someone in public ed.

I'm assuming the polling today is about as good as it was 2 years ago today. That's when the polls were telling us a woman who had been the least popular Vice President in modern history was suddenly America's sweetheart and running away with the election. Of course they were fabricating polls to engineer a result.

I tend to look at a campaign's actions. If the Talarico campaign thought it was winning they wouldn't be offering up debates. My $.02. We'll see in a few weeks.
"The goal of socialism is communism." - Vladimir Lenin
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.