Kentucky sheriff kills pedo district judge

16,011 Views | 242 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by cheeky
Esteban du Plantier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you're willing to do life behind bars when there's not enough evidence for a jury to convict, then you're an idiot hothead.
Tea Party
The first comment I made that you responded to said "assuming there is undeniable proof".
Even the post above made the same comment of "*assuming the judge did it"

Let's not move the goal posts....

I think we are agreeing in principle, but differ on where we draw the line. Which is perfectly fine.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Im Gipper said:

JohnnyStatueNow said:

You can tell who has kids, especially daughters, on this thread and who doesn't based on the comments. It would take an act of God to stop me from doing the same thing to anyone who did this to one of my kids.

I have a daughter, and I would obviously want to to kill anyone immediately that molested her.

And while that may give me immediate satisfaction, at the end of the day, I would likely be in jail for doing so under the circumstances as we now know them. What does that do for my daughter?

It's a horribly tragic situation, (assuming this is even true).
I have had the same thought.

My daughter was molested at a young age by a member of the extended family. I have long had thoughts of how I should handle this matter, but at the end of the day, killing that scumbag would bring about other problems for my immediate family - my wife and daughter. It's enough realistically to ostracize that part of our extended family - no more family get-togethers at Christmas, Thanksgiving, and I think I've only been in his presence once or twice since this ****storm opened up in my life right after Covid.
The Kraken
AG
ME92 said:

Texas velvet maestro said:

Sherriff in the system, sees the power and in effect, immunity, the judges have. the wicked irony that the very worst people in the country get to the top of the judicial system.

And the hubris of these pedophiles is so crazy.

And the support pedos have from the general public.

About 5 years ago I thought that pedophilia was going to be legal in 20 years. I way over-estimated that time frame. It'll be legal in 5 years.
You think people will be able to legally have sex with 7, 8, 9...10 year old children? Really???
stick95
AG
schmellba99 said:

stick95 said:

JohnnyStatueNow said:

You can tell who has kids, especially daughters, on this thread and who doesn't based on the comments. It would take an act of God to stop me from doing the same thing to anyone who did this to one of my kids.
I have eight kids, four sons and daughters and I am gun owner... and you are right. It could only take God for me not to answer to my flesh and to not shoot that man. Hell, I think that the judge got off easy here.

The problem is, that father didn't look to God. He answered his own human (and perfectly understandable) desires and killed a man. Now his family doesn't have a leader, and he isn't there to love his daughter in her most desperate hour. From my standpoint as a father, what he did was pretty selfish.

Romans 12:19: Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.
Who is to say that I am not the instrument of repayment?

I'm a Christian, but in a situation like this, odds are I'm not looking to God to smite the perp down. He and I can have a discussion when it's time, but now wouldn't be the time for me. I can turn the other cheek to a degree for myself, but my job as a father is to defend, protect, love and raise my kids in the manner I see fit. Part of that means eliminating anything that would do such a horrible thing to them, because allowing evil like that to live would compromise my duty as a father and, frankly, would destroy everything I have sad and taught to my daughters about my job as a father. And if God has an issue with that, then He isn't as benevolent as He says.

"Even God armed his archangles with weapons, because the Almighty knew that you do not fight evil with tolerance and understanding."

Psalms 144:1: "Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."
If you have prayed and sought God, and He has told you that you are truly the instrument on this behalf, then you are right. I also believe that God will provide while you are incarcerated. If you would have left it at there, then we might be in a position to agree, because who am I to say what you have heard from God?

But then, you go into your second paragraph where there is NOTHING in there about seeking and understanding His will. You justify it that you aren't "allowing for evil", basically making you the judge. Then you are also judging God and His benevolence if that doesn't align with your thinking. I hate to say this, but if you are claiming to be Christian, I feel like I need to. You are being your own god.

We do go to war to fight evil. But we do it for God... not for ourselves. I hope that anyone faced with these circumstances will beseech Him before doing anything, and then submit to His will regardless of how it makes them feel.

Ag with kids
AG
Where does it say he molested the daughter?

(the video wasn't playing for me and I can't find any stories on it)
AgRyan04
Where are we seeing anything about him molesting the sheriff's daughter? I'm not finding anything about that
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Artimus Gordon
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

If you're willing to do life behind bars when there's not enough evidence for a jury to convict, then you're an idiot hothead.

I am a grandfather to 3 granddaughters, if someone hurt any one of them as this guy did I would not hesitate to do the same. At my age prison would not be a deterrent.
torrid
AG
torrid said:

I recall a case from several years ago where the father came across his daughter being molested as the act was in process and shot the guy dead. No charges were filed. I want to say both men involved were illegal aliens, but I'm not sure.
This is the case I was thinking of. I didn't remember the daughter being so young. Looks like he killed the guy with his bare hands.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-18522383

Quote:

A US father who found his five-year-old daughter being raped, then beat the attacker to death will not be charged, prosecutors have said.

The 23-year-old man told police he found the girl being assaulted on Saturday 9 June by Jesus Mora Flores in a rural part of southern Texas.

A grand jury has declined to indict the man, finding that he was allowed to use deadly force to protect his daughter.

The father has not been named to protect the identity of his daughter.
Rapier108
AgRyan04 said:

Where are we seeing anything about him molesting the sheriff's daughter? I'm not finding anything about that
As of right now, nothing is saying that except for the extremely obscure tweet the OP posted.

State police have said the motive is still "under investigation" so nothing official has been said as to why it happened.

That said, this is a recent update from Fox56 in Lexington.

Quote:

WHITESBURG, Ky. (AP) The sheriff charged with murder in the shooting of a rural Kentucky judge in his courthouse chambers was accused in a federal lawsuit of failing to investigate allegations that one of his deputies repeatedly sexually abused a woman in the same judge's chambers.

The preliminary investigation indicates that Letcher County Sheriff Shawn M. Stines shot District Judge Kevin Mullins multiple times on Thursday following an argument inside the courthouse, according to Kentucky State Police.

On Thursday, Kentucky State Trooper Matt Gayheart said the courthouse has video cameras that will be checked for evidence and that other people were there when the shooting occurred. He declined to say exactly where in the courthouse the argument and shooting took place.

Mullins, who held the judgeship for 15 years, died at the scene, and Stines surrendered without incident.

Just what the two men were arguing about wasn't immediately made clear.

Stines was deposed on Monday in a lawsuit filed by two women, one of whom alleged that a deputy forced her to have sex inside Mullins' chambers for six months in exchange for staying out of jail. The lawsuit accuses the sheriff of "deliberate indifference in failing to adequately train and supervise" the deputy.

The now-former deputy sheriff, Ben Fields, pleaded guilty to raping the female prisoner while she was on home incarceration. Fields was sentenced this year to six months in jail and then six and a half years on probation for rape, sodomy, perjury and tampering with a prisoner monitoring device, The Mountain Eagle reported. Three charges related to a second woman were dismissed because she is now dead.

Stines fired Fields, who was his successor as Mullins' bailiff, for "conduct unbecoming" after the lawsuit was filed in 2022, The Courier Journal reported at the time.
https://fox56news.com/news/kentucky/ap-kentucky-sheriff-charged-in-judges-death-allegedly-ignored-deputys-abuse-of-woman-in-his-chambers/
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
torrid said:

torrid said:

I recall a case from several years ago where the father came across his daughter being molested as the act was in process and shot the guy dead. No charges were filed. I want to say both men involved were illegal aliens, but I'm not sure.
This is the case I was thinking of. I didn't remember the daughter being so young. Looks like he killed the guy with his bare hands.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-18522383

Quote:

A US father who found his five-year-old daughter being raped, then beat the attacker to death will not be charged, prosecutors have said.

The 23-year-old man told police he found the girl being assaulted on Saturday 9 June by Jesus Mora Flores in a rural part of southern Texas.

A grand jury has declined to indict the man, finding that he was allowed to use deadly force to protect his daughter.

The father has not been named to protect the identity of his daughter.

The dad wasn't an illegal, but the rapist was.

Under Texas law, someone may absolutely use lethal force to stop aggravated rape, which is exactly what the father did. Gun, knife, stick,, axe, bare hands, it doesn't matter.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rossticus
Parents need to start doing this to all the skanky teachers hooking up with their students as well. Long past time.
CampSkunk
AG
Evil? In the religious context? Glad you mentioned it. Removing evil can be achieved in more than one fashion. Jail is one way. The way you describe can be described as a feature of the Old Testament. See Genesis 33. It's not a feature of the New Testament. In fact, it's the polar opposite. So yes, you should remove your evil thoughts.
CDUB98
AG
Rossticus said:

Parents need to start doing this to all the skanky teachers hooking up with their students as well. Long past time.
Rossticus
CDUB98 said:

Rossticus said:

Not bait. Child molesters across the spectrum should be too fearful to act on their foul impulses for fear of the consequences. Clearly, considering the prevalence of adults continuing to manipulate kids of this age into sex, the existing consequences imposed by the legal system aren't serving as a sufficient deterrent.
Demosthenes81
AG
No harm, no foul

Fireman
AG
Couple of thoughts....first it only takes one juror and this guy goes home every time and those jurors are out there.

Second, in this day and age, how do you allow your child enough one-on-one time with an adult that the grooming and molestation can actually occur? Maybe I'm an overbearing parent...but my kids are never one-on-one with an adult for any length of time that would allow that activity to get started. And, in the limited instances where my child does speak with an adult one-on-one, as soon as we are back together, there a short conversation between and me and my kids, "everything ok" at which point my kids know there is nothing they can't share with me at that moment as our eyes meet and they know part of my question is.....did anything make you uncomfortable? Feels like standard operating procedure with the number of perverts in our society today.
FrioAg 00
AG
If I'm the sherif in town, and the evidence was solid enough for me to be sure of the crime - I'd rather send the pedo to prison. I'd want him completely humiliated first, then tortured because I can't imagine jail goes well for a pedo judge.

If he isn't killed in jail, I could always kill him later. Why rush it and take your daughter's Dad away for any period of time. My daughter would absolutely know that I wasn't going to just let it go.

Ghost of Andrew Eaton
ME92 said:

Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Who are you hanging out with?

And you don't believe this will be the law.
I hope it won't be law because it is absolutely stupid and vile. But so is some of the trans agenda idiocy that has become law.

As far as who I hang out with. The really crazy one I described was my boss. She was a late 20s German woman who had pretty deep family/daddy issues. It wasn't something I asked her about in the job interview.

Other people I've heard stuff from have been other co-workers (different job), people in sports organizations, and people in dog parks. I distanced myself from them after these kind of comments.

Maybe they were trying to shock me. Maybe I just attract weirdos. But hearing the same sentiment from different people who didn't know each other creeps me out for the future.
Something that never happened.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
schmellba99
AG

What if he was wrong?
Then it is murder and 100% of the posters on here that think a father killing the molester of his children should not be punished will advocate that he be charged and convicted for 1st degree murder.
schmellba99
AG

itsyourboypookie said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Three pages in and I still can't find any facts around pedophilia. I'd need a lot more than an emotional kid telling me some guy messed with them to warrant killing a person. If this is what happened then that hothead sheriff not only killed his career, he's removed himself from his child's life. That's a first degree murder charge and for good reason.

If my daughter told me this information, I'd be collecting a lot of info prior to handling it the right way where I could be involved in the process rather than be lugged off the jail. Emotional decisions rarely work out well for everyone.

I'm sure the county sheriff had zero evidence and went off his kids word
Yeah, law enforcement officers are always rational actors.

This thread is proof that many on here are LARPers.
And many think that there is no possible way that somebody actually investigated or had solid evidence before acting.*

*No idea if he did or didn't, but the assumption that he didn't is just as assinine as any other assumption
Rocag
AG
The more I read on this the more I'm convinced everyone in this thread cheering the sheriff on is getting played. Stines gets deposed on Monday in a case about his deputy sexually assaulting a woman in Mullins chambers and then a few days later murders him for the completely unrelated alleged molestation of his daughter? Doesn't that sound suspicious?

And all he has to do to get away with it is convince one person the guy he murdered was a pedophile. Seems like an easy way to get away with murder when that's all you've got to do.
UTExan
Who?mikejones! said:

Gonne be hard with her father in prison

Be interesting to see if a Scots-Irish descended jury will convict on murder charges since the Appalachians are mostly settled by them. Their collective notions of justice may be somewhat different than a mostly Yankee (German-Scandinavian) jury in Minnesota or other northern states.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
schmellba99
AG
Rocag said:

itsyourboypookie said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Three pages in and I still can't find any facts around pedophilia. I'd need a lot more than an emotional kid telling me some guy messed with them to warrant killing a person. If this is what happened then that hothead sheriff not only killed his career, he's removed himself from his child's life. That's a first degree murder charge and for good reason.

If my daughter told me this information, I'd be collecting a lot of info prior to handling it the right way where I could be involved in the process rather than be lugged off the jail. Emotional decisions rarely work out well for everyone.

All we've got are rumors about the Judge and the Sheriff's daughter. On the other hand, we know for a fact the Sheriff was being sued in a case related to one of his deputies sexually assaulting a woman in the Judge's chambers.

Unless there's good evidence otherwise, I would suspect this killing has more to do with the lawsuit than anything else the Sheriff might very well be throwing out there to potentially excuse his actions.
The sherrif was named in the lawsuit as not having trained his deputy enough or some bull like that. He wasn't named as one of the perpetrators that allegedly assaulted the victim. And it also states that the deputy is a former deputy, so logic would dictate that the sherrif isn't defending the former deputy much, if at all.
schmellba99
AG
stick95 said:

schmellba99 said:

stick95 said:

JohnnyStatueNow said:

I have eight kids, four sons and daughters and I am gun owner... and you are right. It could only take God for me not to answer to my flesh and to not shoot that man. Hell, I think that the judge got off easy here.

The problem is, that father didn't look to God. He answered his own human (and perfectly understandable) desires and killed a man. Now his family doesn't have a leader, and he isn't there to love his daughter in her most desperate hour. From my standpoint as a father, what he did was pretty selfish.

Romans 12:19: Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.
Who is to say that I am not the instrument of repayment?

I'm a Christian, but in a situation like this, odds are I'm not looking to God to smite the perp down. He and I can have a discussion when it's time, but now wouldn't be the time for me. I can turn the other cheek to a degree for myself, but my job as a father is to defend, protect, love and raise my kids in the manner I see fit. Part of that means eliminating anything that would do such a horrible thing to them, because allowing evil like that to live would compromise my duty as a father and, frankly, would destroy everything I have sad and taught to my daughters about my job as a father. And if God has an issue with that, then He isn't as benevolent as He says.

"Even God armed his archangles with weapons, because the Almighty knew that you do not fight evil with tolerance and understanding."

Psalms 144:1: "Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."
If you have prayed and sought God, and He has told you that you are truly the instrument on this behalf, then you are right. I also believe that God will provide while you are incarcerated. If you would have left it at there, then we might be in a position to agree, because who am I to say what you have heard from God?

But then, you go into your second paragraph where there is NOTHING in there about seeking and understanding His will. You justify it that you aren't "allowing for evil", basically making you the judge. Then you are also judging God and His benevolence if that doesn't align with your thinking. I hate to say this, but if you are claiming to be Christian, I feel like I need to. You are being your own god.

We do go to war to fight evil. But we do it for God... not for ourselves. I hope that anyone faced with these circumstances will beseech Him before doing anything, and then submit to His will regardless of how it makes them feel.

And in a situation like this, I would be doing it for my daughter and for society every bit as much - if not more - for myself.

Don't spend so much time judging how others would react, it's not Christian. Or something.
AtticusMatlock
Someone could walk up to one of you, shoot you in the face, and walk away. All they would have to do is just utter something about you being a pedophile and a bunch of people on F16 would instantly star it as if it's true and congratulate the shooter.

Absolutely insane how people believe everything they hear on the internet and instantly react as if everything they read is accurate.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
The dude acted too quick. He needed several weeks to develop repeated irrational reactions, blow ups, crazy behavior, and out of character responses. Need to lay the groundwork for temporary insanity if you are going to kill the dude either molesting your daughter or the guy that is an accessory to the crime if that is truly what happened.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Jimmy McNulty
AG
cevans_40 said:

Hopefully there was no video inside the chambers and the sheriff can say the judge went for his gun and he fired in self defense.

Texas velvet maestro
schmellba99 said:

And in a situation like this, I would be doing it for my daughter and for society every bit as much - if not more - for myself.

Don't spend so much time judging how others would react, it's not Christian. Or something.
If you're facing what looks like a world upside down where child predators are fearless and protected by the system assigned to catch child predators and punish them.,,,
That sick system is gonna call what that dad did, murder. no kidding. The bigger moral crime is to just get over it.
Rocag
AG
schmellba99 said:

Rocag said:

itsyourboypookie said:

BrazosDog02 said:

All we've got are rumors about the Judge and the Sheriff's daughter. On the other hand, we know for a fact the Sheriff was being sued in a case related to one of his deputies sexually assaulting a woman in the Judge's chambers.

Unless there's good evidence otherwise, I would suspect this killing has more to do with the lawsuit than anything else the Sheriff might very well be throwing out there to potentially excuse his actions.
The sherrif was named in the lawsuit as not having trained his deputy enough or some bull like that. He wasn't named as one of the perpetrators that allegedly assaulted the victim. And it also states that the deputy is a former deputy, so logic would dictate that the sherrif isn't defending the former deputy much, if at all.
I don't think it has anything to do with defending the deputy either. The issue is that Stines himself is named as a defendant in the lawsuit, so he'd be trying to protect himself in this case. Did Stines know what the deputy was doing while it was happening? Did Judge Mullins? I don't know. But I do think there's more going on here than has been made public.
No Spin Ag
Rocag said:

schmellba99 said:

Rocag said:

itsyourboypookie said:

BrazosDog02 said:

I don't think it has anything to do with defending the deputy either. The issue is that Stines himself is named as a defendant in the lawsuit, so he'd be trying to protect himself in this case. Did Stines know what the deputy was doing while it was happening? Did Judge Mullins? I don't know. But I do think there's more going on here than has been made public.

This is going to be a case worth following up with.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
bobbranco
AG
Dr Theopolis said:

bobbranco said:

Dr Theopolis said:

16 years old? A junior in HS....yeah that's creepy and absolutely wrong and if true he got what what's coming to him from the father....but it's not pedophilia.
Pederast / child rapist / pedophile / kiddie diddler. Take your pick Professor Egghead.
Words have meanings, right? The worst of the MAPs are pedophiles, who are attracted to children who haven't reached puberty. If true about this 16 year teenage girl, this guy is a scumbag but he's no pedo. Reserve that description for those who are actually that bad off.
I've seen where the MAPs don't discriminate by age so take your weird concern somewhere else.
FrioAg 00
AG
Not true. Almost every poster here has qualified their statements with "if true"
AtticusMatlock
Did you skip the first page?
IslanderAg04
Im Gipper said:

JohnnyStatueNow said:

I have a daughter, and I would obviously want to to kill anyone immediately that molested her.

And while that may give me immediate satisfaction, at the end of the day, I would likely be in jail for doing so under the circumstances as we now know them. What does that do for my daughter?

It's a horribly tragic situation, (assuming this is even true).

Gives her closure that he wont do it again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.