Another reminder not to mess with Israel- exploding pagers

39,386 Views | 409 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TXAG 05
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Caliber said:

JCA1 said:

torrid said:

As much as I love the innovation and creativity in this operation, I'm afraid of terrorists copying the strategy.

They obviously can't intercept large-scale commercial shipments or set up their own front company the way a state actor can. However, they could randomly sell used iPhones on eBay with similar kaboom hacks. That would insert them into the general population and create the terror and fear they desire.
This would give you very little bang for your buck (pun intended). If you just want to blow up random strangers, you don't need this level of sophistication and would do much more damage with a garden variety truck bomb, etc.
Its not about blowing up random strangers. It's about disruption and chaos. Killing an infidel is a bonus.

A dozen iphones blowing up across the country with a terrorist org claiming credit would cause so much chaos (especially with a little lie that there are another 10,000 out there...). The business losses could easily be in the billions just due to interruptions, lost productivity, etc. Imagine being afraid of your phone ringing. A car bomb would not cause the same kind of discord.

That is what is the big deal about these pagers. They hurt them yes, but this is a huge interruption to their entire organization. They have slowed them down more than just the personnel lost. They now have to rethink everything.
Moreover, the pager/walkie-talkie sabotage was so widespread and successful that anyone who escaped without any injuries will automatically be suspected of working with the Israelis. Double bonus!
infinity ag
Muslims made a mistake messing with Jews.

You slap a Jew once, he will slap you 10000 times.
After 2 slaps the Muslim will start squealing like a baby flashing his victim card.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
W said:

random question...

was there a certain phone number called / dialed / entered that detonated the pagers?

such that now there is a dead man's phone number of legend

like aces and eights in poker
444-4444

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
CanyonAg77
AG
I'm old enough to remember when some jerkoff was putting poison in Tylenol tablets.

Thank him for the 12 layers of plastic you now have to cut through to get a pill

Point is that Tylenol adapted and survived
Bocephus
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I'm old enough to remember when some jerkoff was putting poison in Tylenol tablets.

Thank him for the 12 layers of plastic you now have to cut through to get a pill

Wasn't that a woman who killed her husband, then tampered with other bottles to attempt to cover it up?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
ShaggySLC
Bocephus said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Wasn't that a woman who killed her husband, then tampered with other bottles to attempt to cover it up?
That was a lady trying to use one of Trumps covid speeches to kill her husband. Trump was right and the lady was trying to kill her husband.
jwoodmd
ShaggySLC said:

Bocephus said:

CanyonAg77 said:

That was a lady trying to use one of Trumps covid speeches to kill her husband. Trump was right and the lady was trying to kill her husband.
What in the world are you talking about and how does this relate to the Tylenol tamperings in the 1970s?
infinity ag
Bocephus said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I think he means this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Tylenol_murders
torrid
AG
infinity ag said:

Bocephus said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I think he means this.

What I remember about that is one lady initially bought a tainted bottle and died. Family gathered at her house and were not feeling well. Oh, here's a bottle of Tylenol. Several more family members died.
agent-maroon
AG
Also the reason that OTC meds are often hard to swallow horse tablets instead of the much easier to swallow capsules. Capsules made it too easy to replace the med (eg - Tylenol) with some poison like the cyanide that he used, but tablets not so much.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ShaggySLC
My mistake, thought he was referencing the recent lady!
infinity ag
torrid said:

infinity ag said:

Bocephus said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I think he means this.

What I remember about that is one lady initially bought a tainted bottle and died. Family gathered at her house and were not feeling well. Oh, here's a bottle of Tylenol. Several more family members died.

Some crazy fellow filled Tylenol containers with cyanide and put them back on shelves. People including kids took it and many died. I didn't know what you said, that is doubly tragic.
javajaws
AG
The Hezbollah pager survivors will now be known as the Beeper Brotherhood!
jejdag

I wish this were true (SIAP)
captkirk
AG
Fredo going after AOC

jejdag
infinity ag said:

torrid said:

infinity ag said:

Bocephus said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I think he means this.

Some crazy fellow filled Tylenol containers with cyanide and put them back on shelves. People including kids took it and many died. I didn't know what you said, that is doubly tragic.

I remember that the Ags BB team was in a post-season tournament and had just lost. Coach Metcalf was asked about the loss and he said he was gonna take a couple Tylenol and sleep it off.
TRM
AG
More dead terrorists and on the anniversary of the Beirut bombings.

Ag In Ok
AG
Huge development, cannot be understated
UTExan
Wow. I wonder if that network of Lebanese (read Hezbollah) merchants/bankers/money launderers and drug smugglers in South America is getting nervous?
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
ME92
AG
Bocephus said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I think that was one of the people doing it, another poisoner was not caught. The were several copy cats.
Old May Banker
AG
Correct... this isn't the typical tit for tat ME stuff.... Israel is doing work and has absolutely destroyed them psychologically here. Hezbollah has to be mind ****ed at this point.
jwoodmd
ME92 said:

Bocephus said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I think that was one of the people doing it, another poisoner was not caught. The were several copy cats.

It was terrible for several years with copy cats. I remember my mom throwing things away if they looked wrong (more likely she was just being overly cautious). It was a sad period. Just shows nuts have always been out there. Social media just connects them a million times easier with other nuts.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
TRM said:

When you work for an anti Israeli terror organization, there's always opportunities for upward mobility
Bocephus
AG
TRM said:

Today was a good day
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
TXAG 05
AG
TRM said:

The barracks bombings was Oct 23. But this is still great. Let Israel do their thing. Just stay out of their way.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.