Another reminder not to mess with Israel- exploding pagers

39,382 Views | 409 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TXAG 05
samurai_science
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also maybe the operation was about to be exposed so they had to trigger it.
fc2112
Haha they sent a message right before detonating then so that they'd be looking at the device when it exploded.

annie88
AG
Bwaaaaaa hahahahahaha!
Gig em G
AG
No one in Hezbollah thought maybe it would be a good idea to take a look inside a few of these pagers before they distributed them to thousands of people? What caused them to explode?
Yukon Cornelius
AG
From what I read they put plastic explosives under the battery. Then hacked them all. Then simultaneously took control of them all via the hack. Sent a message, raised tbe voltage to heat the battery to cause the plastic explosives to ingots
mwm
Who did this?

Isn't the answer "Somebody did something"?
EX TEXASEX
mwm said:

Who did this?

Isn't the answer "Somebody did something"?
Fingers are pointed towards Israel as having done this, but no Hezbollah finger's

9 dead 2600 injured let me go look for the worlds smallest violin.
#FJB
BQ_90
AG
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Saw double digit dead. Over 4000 injured. 400 critical. 500 blinded.
fc2112
So I spoke to Resident Evil

It is possible to get certain devices, like pagers, to overheat and rupture if you go in and reprogram some of the firmware. It's not even that complicated of a bug to write.

The hard part is getting it into all those pagers. That must have been done prior to delivery. But knowing Mossad, it's probably embedded in the firmware of every pager of that given model.

Then your signal to ring that given pager is what sets off the programming.

And this attack likely was done by Israel AND another country. There's really only one cyberwarfare superpower.
flakrat
AG
I'm going to guess IED batteries
EX TEXASEX
Yukon Cornelius said:

Saw double digit dead. Over 4000 injured. 400 critical. 500 blinded.
You sure know how to get on a person's good side.
#FJB
EX TEXASEX
flakrat said:

I'm going to guess IED batteries
I would say more likely IDF batteries
#FJB
TacosaurusRex
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Did they make them beep first then explode them 3-5 seconds later?

How else do they get head injuries?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Martin Q. Blank
How many airports and security checkpoints did these pagers go through?
Gig em G
AG
But really, one of the largest multinational terror organizations, that the majority of the western world wants dead, doesn't check a few pagers from their latest shipment for explosives? Talk about poor quality assurance…I'm really curious how this went undetected
fc2112
Gig em G said:

But really, one of the largest multinational terror organizations, that the majority of the western world wants dead, doesn't check a few pagers from their latest shipment for explosives? Talk about poor quality assurance…I'm really curious how this went undetected
which is why this couldn't have been explosives. It was in the device's firmware.
samurai_science
Fightin_Aggie said:

People attach them to hats
P.U.T.U
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

They sent a message via text: We have been trying to contact you regarding your camel's extended warranty
BenFiasco14
AG
People still use pagers???
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
fc2112
BenFiasco14 said:

People still use pagers???
About 2400 fewer now
Gig em G
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

They sent a message via text: We have been trying to contact you regarding your camel's extended warranty

WestAustinAg
AG
Our phones are largely made in China.
TacosaurusRex
WestAustinAg said:

Our phones are largely made in China.

Another reason not to use Apple.
EX TEXASEX
I don't know if this was posted earlier but Israel has a history of stuff like this. Blew half this dude head off. They could have done something to just make the batteries overheat and explode. I am going with some type of explosive in the pager. People would notice the pagers getting so hot the battery would explode.

The assassination of " The Engineer " from 1996 of Hamas #1 bombmaker
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahya_Ayyash
#FJB
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Yeah, agree with the resident expert. These pagers should have also been outfitted with tiny sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads to finish the job. This was a total failure.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

Lots of video out now. They went off. People pulled them out of their pockets to read message. Boom.
fc2112
Gig em G
AG
"Bro I got an uncle in Egypt that can get us all some new pagers for dirt cheap and in bulk…just lemme know…………"
BluHorseShu
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

I do not know how, but I'm guessing Hezz thinks twice before accepting the next shipment of equipment.
Quote:

Hundreds of Hezbollah members wounded in Lebanon when pagers explode, security source says

BEIRUT, Sept 17 (Reuters) - Hundreds of members of the Lebanese armed group Hezbollah, including fighters and medics, were seriously wounded on Tuesday when the pagers they use to communicate exploded, a security source told Reuters.

A Hezbollah official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the detonation of the pagers was the "biggest security breach" the group had been subjected to in nearly a year of war with Israel.
A Reuters journalist saw ambulances rushing through the southern suburbs of the capital Beirut amid widespread panic. Residents said explosions were taking place even 30 minutes after the initial blasts.

Groups of people huddled at the entrance of buildings to check on people they knew who may have been wounded, the Reuters journalist said.

The security source added that devices were also exploding in the south of Lebanon.
There was no immediate comment from the Israeli military, which has been exchanging fire with Hezbollah since last October in parallel with the Gaza war.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/dozens-hezbollah-members-wounded-lebanon-when-pagers-exploded-sources-witnesses-2024-09-17/
That is awesome technology if they can do that! Can you imagine getting blasted because you got butt dialed...or worse, a wrong number?
Gig em G
AG
So what happens next? Israel invades Lebanon after thousands of Hezbollah terrorists get their d***s blown off?

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4810113-us-embassy-encourages-americans-in-lebanon-to-leave-on-any-ticket-available-as-tensions-rise/
ttu_85
aTmAg said:

If there are no terrorist deaths, then, I'd consider this operation a failure..

What is the point of merely causing pain?
What???? The physiological "mess with your head" factor already has this as a huge success. All of these people are going to be freaked out by anything electronic thus hesitant. Hell even your fit bit might pop one's noggin off.

Do you think Iran's brass are sleeping well after seeing this display of Israeli technical wizardry
C@LAg
C@LAg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.