200 neocons supporting Kamala

4,581 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Rocag
Rocag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After reading the list, I'll say "Who?" even if they're endorsing Harris. Not many names on there I'd expect people to recognize. But I'm not the one who brought this topic up in the first place.
Ag with kids
AG
Rocag said:

After reading the list, I'll say "Who?" even if they're endorsing Harris. Not many names on there I'd expect people to recognize. But I'm not the one who brought this topic up in the first place.
That's why I said they're different than Tulsi and RFK Jr.

No one knows the letter writers.

Large numbers of people know Tulsi and RFK Jr as prominent Democrats, so their endorsement of Trump is newsworthy...

Having low level nobodies endorse Harris means absolutely nothing...
Serotonin
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

And I will grant you that the Boebert/MTG/Gaetz wing of the GOP is a special kind of stupid that is without Democratic Party equal.
LOL. AOC and the Squad say, "Hello!"
And it gets even worse when you move onto Dems being groomed for future greatness like Lina Hidalgo and Jasmine Crockett. They are...not smart.
Bryanisbest
AG
With posts like this I am increasingly convinced this country is already lost and can't be recovered. Accept it. The communists will soon be dragging you out of your comfortable AC houses. Are you ready to suffer? Get right with Jesus. He is your only hope now.
Rocag
AG
I'd agree that endorsements from people nobody has heard of aren't going to be very convincing. But there are examples of Republicans and former Republicans that are more well known that have endorsed Harris we can point to. I'm sure you won't be at all swayed by those. So don't be surprised when most people aren't swayed by the endorsements of Gabbard or RFK Jr.
Tramp96
Rocag said:

I'd agree that endorsements from people nobody has heard of aren't going to be very convincing. But there are examples of Republicans and former Republicans that are more well known that have endorsed Harris we can point to. I'm sure you won't be at all swayed by those. So don't be surprised when most people aren't swayed by the endorsements of Gabbard or RFK Jr.

Just for the record, who on the Republican side at the level of RFK, Jr. and Tulsi Gabbard have publicly endorsed Kamala?

I'm not necessarily questioning your statement as much as I just want us to be able to start the tally sheet with the actual names so we can keep score.
Rocag
AG
Gabbard was vice chair of the DNC and a failed candidate in the primary. I'd say Michael Steele, who was the actual chairman of the RNC, is a good approximation.

RFK Jr is a trickier one. On one hand he never held any elected office but is still well known primarily because of his family name. Let's be honest, would anyone care about him if he wasn't a Kennedy? Would the Bush family be the closest to a GOP version of the Kennedy's? So maybe no one to one equivalent there.

There are a lot of former Representatives and Governors on the list though. Up to you to decide if that matters.
samurai_science
Rocag said:

You're assuming this proves something about Democrats, but that's not self evident. I'd argue it proves something about Trump and how far removed from even Republican and conservative norms he is. For every RFK Jr or Tulsi Gabbard there's a Michael Steele or an Adam Kinzinger.

And I will grant you that the Boebert/MTG/Gaetz wing of the GOP is a special kind of stupid that is without Democratic Party equal. You have them to thank for the speaker nonsense.
I give MTG credit for what she did in the house to Pelosi and her agenda.
Artimus Gordon
AG
Those 200 staffers should do us a favor and clean out their offices and go the F___ back where the came from
annie88
AG
That's truly gross.

Just disgusting on every level.

Hatred does awful things to people.

Apparently also makes them idiots.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Blitz88
AG
Rocag said:

Gabbard was vice chair of the DNC and a failed candidate in the primary. I'd say Michael Steele, who was the actual chairman of the RNC, is a good approximation.

RFK Jr is a trickier one. On one hand he never held any elected office but is still well known primarily because of his family name. Let's be honest, would anyone care about him if he wasn't a Kennedy? Would the Bush family be the closest to a GOP version of the Kennedy's? So maybe no one to one equivalent there.

There are a lot of former Representatives and Governors on the list though. Up to you to decide if that matters.
Michael Steel traded his values and R party affiliation for a steady MSM paycheck quite some time ago
TX04Aggie
AG
I know some of the names on the list for the W administration. And with the exception of one, who he jumped the shark long ago, so no surprise there, the rest of the folks I know on there were short term staffers (basically glorified interns) during lame duck W at the end of his admin…… as in, a lot of the actual W lifers and staffers had already left to their new gigs on K Street or at Booz Allen, etc., and they backfilled with a bunch of people wanting to "work" in politics till Obama took over.
backintexas2013
AG
When are you going to talk about the Kamala policies she has rolled out that you support? Seems those threads get no visits
FCBlitz
Rocag said:

Oh come on, that's BS and you have to know it. Look at all of the Republicans who pretty harshly opposed Trump only to go right back to kissing his ass as soon as it was clear he was going to be the nominee. Nikki Haley and Ron Desantis this cycle are the most clear examples, but there are plenty of others.

Trump insulted Ted Cruz's wife and implied his father was involved in the JFK assassination and Cruz has still spent the last 8 years brown nosing. And Democrats are the only ones who reliably fall in line?

I think brown nosing is abit offensive…..no need to drag Cruz's heritage into it. Next there will be a speedy Gonzales reference…..does it not ever stop?
Bulldog73
AG
Teslag said:

Rocag said:

You're assuming this proves something about Democrats, but that's not self evident. I'd argue it proves something about Trump and how far removed from even Republican and conservative norms he is. For every RFK Jr or Tulsi Gabbard there's a Michael Steele or an Adam Kinzinger.

And I will grant you that the Boebert/MTG/Gaetz wing of the GOP is a special kind of stupid that is without Democratic Party equal. You have them to thank for the speaker nonsense.

You don't know anything about conservative norms. Don't pretend to.
The whole Democrat party, especially those who defend them publicly, are a special kind of stupid that makes Boebert/MGM/Gaetz look like MENSA candidates.
backintexas2013
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

And I will grant you that the Boebert/MTG/Gaetz wing of the GOP is a special kind of stupid that is without Democratic Party equal.

Zhe is in lock step with the squad. All in on taking from successful to spend in the name of compassion.
Shoefly!
AG
Tramp96 said:

Rocag said:

This is irrelevant but RFK Jr and Tulsi Gabbard endorsing Trump somehow isn't.

Sure.

Anyone paying attention to politics over the last couple of decades or more knows that Republicans never close ranks and Democrats always close ranks.

So when Republicans endorse a Dem, it's not that big of a surprise, because there are a LOT of RINOS in DC. Unified has never been their strong suit.

However, the Dems are a machine when it comes to making people toe the line. They have such an inane ability to get everyone to stand unified, even if they don't agree on something, and never break ranks.

So when you have two lifelong Democrats break for Trump of all people, the most despised opponent the Democrats have ever had, then yeah, it's noteworthy because that simply never happens. Ever.

That's because if you don't toe the line you get kicked out of the clan, like Tulsi and Elon. Most people can't handle being a loner. Plus they have to worry about their pocketbook.
RFK Jr has been excommunicated from his clan recently.
Rocag
AG
backintexas2013 said:

When are you going to talk about the Kamala policies she has rolled out that you support? Seems those threads get no visits
If she wins, I fully expect her to govern like a run of the mill Democrat despite the cries of "mostest liberal evah!" and "communist!" from the Republicans. Nothing I've seen so far contradicts that. In my opinion, that's better than the alternative.
samurai_science
Rocag said:

backintexas2013 said:

If she wins, I fully expect her to govern like a run of the mill Democrat despite the cries of "mostest liberal evah!" and "communist!" from the Republicans. Nothing I've seen so far contradicts that. In my opinion, that's better than the alternative.
Then you are not paying attention. Open borders, high taxes, economic slow down, and attacks on the 2nd Admendment, yep run of the mill democrat.
samurai_science
Rocag said:

I thank MTG for forcing Democats to vote in person while Pelosi was in charge, thus slowing down her agenda. You complain about those 3 while ignoring all the stupid Democrats
backintexas2013
AG
Rocag said:

backintexas2013 said:

So no specific policies you support. Got it. Nothing on inheritance tax change she proposed to pay for her new housing plan? I realize she hadn't given you much policy to go on. She talked about price gouging, which is bs, but she didn't actually come up with a plan to solve this HUGE issue that she is so passionate about. lol.

Maybe you support how Biden administration went covid nazi with the unconstitutional vaccine mandate and pressuring Facebook to stop their version of disinformation
91AggieLawyer
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Not to mention our fallen "friends" Major Owen, Patsy Schroeder, SJL, and the ever suffering Rosa Delauro, Barney Frank, and others I've forgotten about. The entire group listed here, including your's, doesn't overtake the 100 IQ point hurdle collectively.

Its without equal, all right.
samurai_science
backintexas2013 said:

Rocag said:

backintexas2013 said:

So no specific policies you support. Got it. Nothing on inheritance tax change she proposed to pay for her new housing plan? I realize she hadn't given you much policy to go on. She talked about price gouging, which is bs, but she didn't actually come up with a plan to solve this HUGE issue that she is so passionate about. lol.

Maybe you support how Biden administration went covid nazi with the unconstitutional vaccine mandate and pressuring Facebook to stop their version of disinformation
That housing plan is bad....man she is stupid.
backintexas2013
AG
It's a bad plan to be paid for by another bad plan. She is just pushing "stick it to the rich they don't pay their fair share" and her base loves it. They think the rich are the problem. They never look at themselves and think "maybe my choices are holding me back".
Rocag
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Not to mention our fallen "friends" Major Owen, Patsy Schroeder, SJL, and the ever suffering Rosa Delauro, Barney Frank, and others I've forgotten about. The entire group listed here, including your's, doesn't overtake the 100 IQ point hurdle collectively.

Its without equal, all right.
The examples I gave are quite a bit more self destructive than those, which was the point. I can't think of any recent Democrats to sabotage their own party's speaker like they did.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
These 200 former George W. Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney staffers are all RINOs. I am glad Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Tulsi Gabbard endorsed Donald Trump. Hopefully, Trump can win enough swing states to reach the 270 electoral votes required to win the Presidential Election.
Ag with kids
AG
Rocag said:

I give zero ****s about who endorses who.

But, I do understand that some people do find that convincing enough to sway them. And generally, the "gravitas" of the person endorsing, to use a term that came up during the GWB administration, is what does the influencing.

These letter writers have no gravitas.

Tulsi and RFK Jr do.

Folks like Kinsinger and Cheney might have a tiny bit...but mostly it's with the Democrats...
Ag with kids
AG
Rocag said:

backintexas2013 said:

So, you're saying she was lying when she ran in 2020 about her positions?
Rocag
AG
It's an issue of pragmatism. She's had a front row seat for the last four years to see it up close. What any president wants to do and what they can actually get done are two very different things. Though yes, I think she probably made a calculated choice on the run up to the 2020 elections to adopt more liberal positions in an attempt to differentiate herself from more moderate candidates.
rab79
AG
Why don't you expect and think in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first...(My FIL, RIP)
Ag with kids
AG
Rocag said:

It's an issue of pragmatism. She's had a front row seat for the last four years to see it up close. What any president wants to do and what they can actually get done are two very different things. Though yes, I think she probably made a calculated choice on the run up to the 2020 elections to adopt more liberal positions in an attempt to differentiate herself from more moderate candidates.
So, you agree she lied about her positions then compared to the very few positions she has released since 7/22/2024?

Because the few positions I've seen have been a complete departure from those 2020 positions.

Why should I, or anyone, believe that, NOW, she will do the complete opposite of what she claimed she would do in 2020?
Aggie Apotheosis
Not just those neocons. Nearly everybody of consequence who worked for him during his first administration has come out against him. McMaster is just the latest one.

Should have nominated Haley.
mjschiller
AG
Marxists come in all shapes sizes.
Ag with kids
AG
Aggie Apotheosis said:

Not just those neocons. Nearly everybody of consequence who worked for him during his first administration has come out against him. McMaster is just the latest one.

Should have nominated Haley.

Should have nominated DeSantis.

Or Vance.

Or Elko.

But....welcome to TODAY.

Your wish didn't happen.

And yeah...Trump is a d-bag. I'm not a big fan. Would have liked other candidates.

So...here we are.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Rocag said:

backintexas2013 said:

Typical response
You never answer the question at hand. Carry on.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.