200 neocons supporting Kamala

4,572 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Rocag
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rocag said:

It's an issue of pragmatism. She's had a front row seat for the last four years to see it up close. What any president wants to do and what they can actually get done are two very different things. Though yes, I think she probably made a calculated choice on the run up to the 2020 elections to adopt more liberal positions in an attempt to differentiate herself from more moderate candidates.

She released her dousing plan. No comment? Her inheritance tax? Her price gouging plan?
backintexas2013
AG
Only one person has because they know her plans are soundbites. She is feeding her base the stick it to the rich bs. She knows the "rich" pay way more of their fair share but her base doesn't care. It's about feelings and blaming them for their shortcomings
aggiejayrod
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Rocag said:

It's an issue of pragmatism. She's had a front row seat for the last four years to see it up close. What any president wants to do and what they can actually get done are two very different things. Though yes, I think she probably made a calculated choice on the run up to the 2020 elections to adopt more liberal positions in an attempt to differentiate herself from more moderate candidates.

She released her dousing plan. No comment? Her inheritance tax? Her price gouging plan?

As in she's going to pour water over the fire of our economy to kill it once and for all? That sounds about right.
Rocag
AG
Housing plan is fine, I suppose. I don't actually think it will have much of an impact based on what's been suggested so far. Affordable housing is something I care about and am involved in professionally. I've helped secure funding and provided engineering plans for maybe a dozen affordable housing projects so I know better than most how the process works. More funding for the affordable housing programs is nice, but the plan overstates the role of the federal government in some respects (ie zoning, local permitting, etc).

I'm not opposed to an inheritance tax in general as I'd assume most F16 posters are. The rhetoric on this vastly overstates how many people this actually applies to. It's about 4000 people a year. I'm sympathetic to the argument that the stated rates should be lowered (though not opposed to some increase), but I don't think the American Housing and Economic Mobility Act of 2024 would pass anyway.

For price gouging, without more details it's hard to judge. There's been suggestions it would only apply after emergency situations similar to some existing state laws. Again, more info needed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.