Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

821,899 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by A is A
El Gallo Blanco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg said:

Decay said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

US Secret Service founded in 1865.
But personal protection is newer right?

Not that they shouldn't be competent... they've been doing it for a while. But I don't think they've been guarding the president for 150+ years.
After McKinley assassination I believe. Lincoln put them in Treasury to eliminate counterfeiting problems after the Civil War.
Madman
AG
Crooks visited shooting range 43 times including the day before.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/records-reveal-trump-shooter-visited-local-gun-range-dozens-times-and-may-have-had
techno-ag
AG
Madman said:

Crooks visited shooting range 43 times including the day before.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/records-reveal-trump-shooter-visited-local-gun-range-dozens-times-and-may-have-had
That helps explain that first shot.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

captkirk
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

There'll never be a passable explanation for why Trump wasn't removed from the stage. Thats the real issue now. There's nothing anyone can say at this point to escape that fact. There's no massaging the timeline with simultaneous live video from 100s of angles.
Secret service has said they were not notified of the shooter and that the reports from the local police did not make it to their team at the stage, so that would be a pretty plausible explanation for why he wasn't removed. Has any of the body cam footage shown differently?
These people do this for a living. Keeping this one guy from getting shot was central to their purpose. There's really no plausible explanation.

That doesn't answer the question. I agree the communication about someone on the roof should have gotten to them, but so far there's no evidence it did. The simple explanation is that they weren't notified, according to their own testimony, and no evidence has come out stating anything different.
Are you nuts? Serious question. It was the SS responsibility to make sure they had comms with local law enforcement at the perimeter. They skipped the meeting.
captkirk
AG

AgPrognosticator
AG
captkirk said:

From that sniper perch, the frantic people pointing and videoing Crooks from the ground level would have been PLAINLY visible and impossible to miss.

There's a zero percent chance a sniper in that perch was unaware of the commotion caused by Crooks' presence on the roof.
Aggie97
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

aggiehawg said:

Decay said:

US Secret Service founded in 1865.
But personal protection is newer right?

Not that they shouldn't be competent... they've been doing it for a while. But I don't think they've been guarding the president for 150+ years.
After McKinley assassination I believe. Lincoln put them in Treasury to eliminate counterfeiting problems after the Civil War.

Correct that is why they were created by Lincoln to go after counterfeiters which they still do today.
Not Coach Jimbo
El Gallo Blanco said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

There'll never be a passable explanation for why Trump wasn't removed from the stage. Thats the real issue now. There's nothing anyone can say at this point to escape that fact. There's no massaging the timeline with simultaneous live video from 100s of angles.

Secret service has said they were not notified of the shooter and that the reports from the local police did not make it to their team at the stage, so that would be a pretty plausible explanation for why he wasn't removed. Has any of the body cam footage shown differently?
I don't know man...SS members in front of the stage were acting like they received word that sh** could potentially be going down very soon (frantically moving around etc) not long before the shots rang out. Their body language did not look "typical" at all.

AT BEST...absolute jaw dropping incompetence...to a negligent degree. 3rd world-ish.

Which video is this referencing? I know there was one showing staffers moving media out of the way but not sure which one you're talking about.
I honestly can't remember, it was pages ago...maybe many pages. Is it possible they were just responding to media people crawling around? Maybe, but my eyes sure felt like they were not deceiving me and their body language seemed very urgent, almost as if they were panicking and just learned of a threat over the earphones.

Either way, there will never be any real evidence or "facts" presented. If questioned, agents or their bosses would just lie or stonewall anyways....like they always do. So all we can do is speculate based on our eyes, ears and assumptions.

I remember there was one a few pages back where someone in a suit was moving people from behind the stage in kind of a strangely aggressive way that looked weird, but then a follow up noted that it was a Trump campaign staffer just moving photographers to a different spot. I don't know that I've seen one showing SS acting panicked before the shots were fired.

And there have been plenty of facts presented. We have an entire timeline of the day, those facts and testimony just continue to point towards lazy incompetence by the USSS being taken advantage of by a crazy person (so far), so that's not enough for people who think there's more to it.
This was in front of the stage I believe...almost in a way that I would have though could have potentially been distracting to Trump. If I find it, I'll post it. It's possible my memory is hazy.

It's (one of) the videos where you could first see crooks running around on the roof from the stage area. In that video the suits are looking spooked but never act.
Not Coach Jimbo
fightingfarmer09 said:

Didn't see this one posted.

You can see Crooks on the roof.

I found the positioning and readiness of the Secret Service below Trump as them knowing something was up.
MarkTwain
This is a new body cam that was released from a local cop from a completely different perspective

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
drcrinum

This is peculiar to say the least.
Catag94
AG
No doubt. With the shooter dead, this should make for a lot more questions?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Catag94 said:

No doubt. With the shooter dead, this should make for a lot more questions?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Ag00Ag
AG
Not Coach Jimbo said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

Didn't see this one posted.

You can see Crooks on the roof.

I found the positioning and readiness of the Secret Service below Trump as them knowing something was up.

It darn sure does look the SS agents are getting ready for something seconds before shots fired.
drcrinum

This may explain that FOIA denial regarding Judicial Watch.
El Gallo Blanco
drcrinum said:

This may explain that FOIA denial regarding Judicial Watch.
Sorry, but there are so many places women just don't belong. Let's quit pretending we are all exactly the same. It's a risky and foolish game.
drcrinum

These people in charge are not competent.
Perpetual problem with government employee unions: seniority takes precedence over competence + it is virtually impossible to fire incompetent people.
JFABNRGR
AG
drcrinum said:

Perpetual problem with government employee unions: seniority takes precedence over competence + it is virtually impossible to fire incompetent people.

What a ****ing ridiculous set of statements. Were going to put some people from different departments in a room to figure this out, while stating we already do this at National Security Events, and then hinting its going to cost a lot more.

Call SSG Crabtree (retired) (in charge of COMS) and any other member who ever manned one of our TOCs and we could help you out.

BQ78
AG
Isn't this Germans bomb the moon sort of news? We knew this weeks ago.
Shoefly!
AG
JFABNRGR said:

drcrinum said:

What a ****ing ridiculous set of statements. Were going to put some people from different departments in a room to figure this out, while stating we already do this at National Security Events, and then hinting its going to cost a lot more.

Call SSG Crabtree (retired) (in charge of COMS) and any other member who ever manned one of our TOCs and we could help you out.

We were assured after 9/11 that the communications between city/state/ federal would be fixed. Billions of dollars later, what happened? Where's congress on this?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

He said he's already stood up a task force that will be co-chaired by a Secret Service supervisor in the protective division in partnership with the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.

"We're going to bring together FEMA, we're going to bring together other operational elements of the department. We're going to bring in state and locals. We're going to get in a room, a small room and set them up to monitor communications with our counterpart."
FEMA? Seems like they should focus on the fundamentals before dumping on more bureaucracy.

A hard sell that the answer to communication failure is more agencies involved.

Wild.
MagnumLoad
drcrinum said:

And they intentionally placed an obvious shooting location outside the perimeter. Intentional vulnerability.
JFABNRGR
AG
Shoefly! said:

JFABNRGR said:

drcrinum said:

We were assured after 9/11 that the communications between city/state/ federal would be fixed. Billions of dollars later, what happened? Where's congress on this?
I am frigging pissed because 27 years ago I was doing this and our largest operations had 9 separate local, state, & fed agencies over land, sea, and air. There were NO communication issues talking to each other other than individual radio issues like battery down and or reprogram and now they have software that can log all coms, which back then we didn't somebody had to manually log.

Such BS, this was not a hardware capability issue this was intentional.
BQ78
AG
Watch it you two, people have been banned for saying the Secret Service was lying and now you are saying they were intentional in their incompetence. Staff wants that poop on the conspiracy thread, where they are really whacked out with some crazy ideas.
aggiehawg
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Shoefly! said:

JFABNRGR said:

drcrinum said:

I am frigging pissed because 27 years ago I was doing this and our largest operations had 9 separate local, state, & fed agencies over land, sea, and air. There were NO communication issues talking to each other other than individual radio issues like battery down and or reprogram and now they have software that can log all coms, which back then we didn't somebody had to manually log.

Such BS, this was not a hardware capability issue this was intentional.
The Hub was still an active firefighter after 9/11. All of their comms were switched out and updated to allow for them to be not only in contact with their dispatch but with every other LEO agency and other first responders.
TheCurl84
AG
Checking back in on page 180. Has anyone been fired yet?
aggiehawg
AG
Preliminary report from Rep Clay Higgins from House Bi-partisan Task Force on Trump Assassination attempt.

LINK

Quote:

According to my investigation, USSS had never, prior to J13, assigned a counter-sniper team to a former POTUS, including Trump. I will not be 100% certain of this assertion without further investigation into documented records, but USSS counter-sniper teams stated clearly to ESU Command that they had never been deployed to a former POTUS event, nor had they heard of a prior deployment by other USSS counter-sniper teams. Butler County runs the radio communications tower out of their 911 Call Center. That is pretty much the way radio communications work across America in every County, in every State. If their radios are "interoperable," a visiting law enforcement agency is assigned a frequency, a "channel" for their operation while in that County.

If their radios are not "interoperable" with the County Communications tower, then the visiting agency is assigned/offered actual radios to use while they are running their operation in the County.

USSS did not retrieve the radios that had been set aside for them by Butler County tactical command. The radio comms were properly and perfectly arranged during the extensive pre-mission planning. On J12, the Butler County ESU Commander personally reminded the USSS counter-sniper teams to pick up their assigned radios at the ESU Command Post RV, which was positioned according to planning at the Butler Fairgrounds, the following morning before 1100 hrs. It didn't happen. Radio traffic transmitted through a County Radio tower 911 Center is recorded.

aggiehawg
AG
More:

Quote:

The 9th shot fired on J13 was from a Butler SWAT operator from the ground about 100 yards away from the AGR building. Shot 9 hit Crooks' rifle stock and fragged his face/neck/right shoulder area from the stock breaking up. The SWAT operator who took this shot was a total badass; when he had sighted the shooter Crooks as a mostly obscured by foliage moving target on the AGR rooftop, he immediately left his assigned post and ran towards the threat, running to a clear shot position directly into the line of fire while Crooks was firing 8 rounds.

On his own, this ESU SWAT operator took a very hard shot, one shot. He stopped Crooks and importantly, I believe the shot damaged the buffer tube on Crooks'AR. I won't be certain of this until I can examine Crooks' rifle, but I'm 99% sure, based upon reliable eye-witness ESU tactical officers who observed Crooks' rifle before the FBI harvested it as evidence. This means that if his AR buffer tube was damaged, Crooks' rifle wouldn't fire after his 8th shot.

Crooks "went down" from his firing position when shot 9 was fired, and the SWAT officer was certain of his hit. According to the ESU SWAT operator, Crooks recovered after just a few seconds, and "popped back up".

The 10th (and, I believe, final) shot was fired from the southern counter-sniper team. I will not be 100% certain of this until further investigation. However, I am quite sure that the USSS southern counter-sniper team fired the killing shot, which, according to my investigation, entered somewhere around the left mouth area and exited the right ear area. Instant over. This entry-exit aligns with USSS southern counter-sniper team position. The FBI released all First Responders that evening, much to everyone's surprise. I interviewed several... EMS, cops, etc.
aggiehawg
AG
More:

Quote:

My effort to examine Crooks' body on Monday, August 5, caused quite a stir and revealed adisturbing fact… the FBI released the body for cremation 10 days after J13.

On J23, Crooks was gone. Nobody knew this until Monday, August 5, including the County Coroner, law enforcement, Sheriff, etc. Yes, Butler County Coroner technically had legal authority over the body, but I spoke with the Coroner, and he would have never released Crooks' body to the family for cremation or
burial without specific permission from the FBI.
Holy crap!
JFABNRGR
AG
Regarding COMS. It was intentional as I previously stated. As to why Intentional there could be many reasons some of which could be discussed on either thread.

Would love to see video of the sniper taking the 9th shot as I am still not understanding where specifically that came from.

Released for cremation after 9 days. Is this normal or accelerated?
Stat Monitor Repairman
aggiehawg said:

More:

Quote:

My effort to examine Crooks' body on Monday, August 5, caused quite a stir and revealed adisturbing fact… the FBI released the body for cremation 10 days after J13.

On J23, Crooks was gone. Nobody knew this until Monday, August 5, including the County Coroner, law enforcement, Sheriff, etc. Yes, Butler County Coroner technically had legal authority over the body, but I spoke with the Coroner, and he would have never released Crooks' body to the family for cremation or
burial without specific permission from the FBI.
Holy crap!
They call that the Bin Laden special.
aggiehawg
AG
This 12 minute stream is interesting.

aggiehawg
AG
Bump for the evening crowd. Really encourage people to read the prelim report I posted earlier. Only 6 pages long but it is very interesting what we had not been told yet.
MarkTwain
aggiehawg said:

This 12 minute stream is interesting.

That coincides with this picture I posted weeks ago when this first happened and everyone was asking how the AR got so far away from him.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
MarkTwain
Clay Higgins report

https://clayhiggins.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2024/08/Preliminary-Investigative-Report-8.12.24.pdf
First Page Last Page
Page 180 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.