Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

822,174 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by A is A
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've disagreed on a lot of stuff over the years but spot-on analysis here.
Stat Monitor Repairman
If you a USSS monitoring the crowd and see the kid running across the roofline out the corner of your eye, seems like the obvious thing to do is immediately pull Trump off stage.

At a minimum you looking at something happening which should not be happening. Nobody is scurrying around on the roof thats supposed to be scurrying on the roof. There's simply no mistaking a long haired kid in shorts and a t-shirt for a cop or anyone else thats supposed to be there in their official capacity.

The sight of some unknown person on the roof is an immediate breach of security under any conceivable circumstance.
J. Walter Weatherman
TAMU1990 said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Texmid said:

Texas velvet maestro said:

BQ78 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6359691041112?dicbo=v2-PCtTJYN

Now we have video from one of the victims showing Crooks moving on the building just before shooting.
passing in front of the top story windows?
Close. It all boils down to a MASSIVE failure by the SS. Someone should have had eyes on that rooftop. The angle in that video shows just how close the building is to Trump. The fact the SS let a deranged gunmen get on that roof and fire 8 shots is mind-blowing. The SS needs a complete reset from the top down.

It is just amazing to me that they photographed Crooks from that window at some point and then never bothered to look out of it again when the guys on the ground were searching for him. Crooks either got incredibly lucky with his timing to climb on the roof, or he was helped. Who gave permission for the spotter to leave his post and go search for Crooks?

Need to go back and check the timeline, but one of the police snipers photographed him from the window where they were stationed (before leaving to go look for Crooks), and then sent that apparently up their chain of comms, but not when Crooks was on the roof. He was sitting on a ledge next to the building at ground level for that over the shoulder picture, I believe it was a little after 5.
He was walking around the building at least an hour before the shots. All on video.

Yep. At that point he was still just a "suspicious figure."

Also found this breakdown of his actions prior to getting on the roof helpful as well.

aggiehawg
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

If you a USSS monitoring the crowd and see the kid running across the roofline out the corner of your eye, seems like the obvious thing to do is immediately pull Trump off stage.

At a minimum you looking at something happening which should not be happening. Nobody is scurrying around on the roof thats supposed to be scurrying on the roof. There's simply no mistaking a long haired kid in shorts and a t-shirt for a cop or anyone else thats supposed to be there in their official capacity.

The sight of some unknown person on the roof is an immediate breach of security under any conceivable circumstance.
Exactly. Does not matter whether he is obviously armed with a rifle or not. He's not supposed to be there, ever.
Tailgate88
AG

TAMU1990 said:

Texmid said:

BQ78 said:

Now we have video from one of the victims showing Crooks moving on the building just before shooting.
passing in front of the top story windows?
Close. It all boils down to a MASSIVE failure by the SS. Someone should have had eyes on that rooftop. The angle in that video shows just how close the building is to Trump. The fact the SS let a deranged gunmen get on that roof and fire 8 shots is mind-blowing. The SS needs a complete reset from the top down.

It is just amazing to me that they photographed Crooks from that window at some point and then never bothered to look out of it again when the guys on the ground were searching for him. Crooks either got incredibly lucky with his timing to climb on the roof, or he was helped. Who gave permission for the spotter to leave his post and go search for Crooks?

Need to go back and check the timeline, but one of the police snipers photographed him from the window where they were stationed (before leaving to go look for Crooks), and then sent that apparently up their chain of comms, but not when Crooks was on the roof. He was sitting on a ledge next to the building at ground level for that over the shoulder picture, I believe it was a little after 5.
He was walking around the building at least an hour before the shots. All on video.

Also found this breakdown of his actions prior to getting on the roof helpful as well.

Great find, thanks! That explains where the picture of him from above came from.
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

I continue to LMAO at this "narrative".
JFABNRGR
AG

Tailgate88 said:

aginlakeway said:

WTF. How did they miss seeing him???
That shooter had huge gonads to run across that roof in plain sight knowing that there were multiple sniper teams. This just gets more odd with every new piece of information.
The kid was on a suicide mission.

In any other universe this would be suicide-by-cop.

Hard to imagine that the kid himself even thought he'd make it this far.

Whats shocking about the whole deal is the kid smart enough to put together a plan to foil the entire USSS and Local police, but not smart enough to understand that he would more than likely get shot on sight.

The whole story is unbelievable. Everything about what we've seen stretches the bounds of credulity to the max. There no reasonable explanation for the way this played out.

From what I have seen to date, I don't think he believed he was going to die right there. It was my understanding he told his boss he would be in tomorrow and at least to date there is no evidence of a good by remember me forever note.

I think his plan included some type of escape which included him thinking he was getting help.
Catag94
AG
Touchless said:

VegasAg86 said:

StandUpforAmerica said:

SIAP
How do both sniper teams fail to see him walking across the roof?
Not saying this is why, but if both teams had their eyes in their optics down range scanning the crowd, that limits their vision pretty significantly. They would have had to have been looking that direction through their scope or binocs to see him walk across there.

Just saying that it's obvious to us with the video pointed right at it, but I'd bet those in the stands directly behind Trump didn't see him walking across since they weren't looking that direction.

Well, those people
Aren't there with a job to protect Trump from unknown threats either. Common man.
agracer
AG
aggiehawg said:

BQ78 said:

Hard time believing the USSS snipers would have missed that. They have authority to fire at will. A bullet or two whizzing over his head would have disrupted him, alert Trump's personal detail to the threat.
it's been speculated (or maybe confirmed) the snipers behind Trump were not looking in that direction b/c that was not their area to watch.
agracer
AG

The confirmed report of a kid roaming the premises with a RANGE FINDER should have triggered an immediate response. No further inquiry. Stop and frisk, find out wtf going on. No reasonable argument can be made as to why that didn't happen immediately.

Had the kid been sighted with a joint and some officer got a whiff of weed, they'd have grabbed his ass immediately.

So the fact that there were confirmed reports of this guy using a range finder out in the open at a presidential candidate rally is inexplicable.

So talking about a failure of comms or someone falling off a roof, or they didn't see a gun until the last moment. We already a mile down the road from where we should have been, and there's no denying that fact.
I don't believe that's been reported.

He became a person of interest when he went thru security with the range finder. They were watching him, but lost him in the crowd.

He then left the secure area and was outside using the range finder (per some amateur videos) but the only official reports from LE or SS were that he was wandering around AGR. I don't believe he was reported by LE/SS as using the range finder. That all came out as more amateur video popped up on the internet.
aggiehawg
AG
agracer said:

aggiehawg said:

BQ78 said:

Hard time believing the USSS snipers would have missed that. They have authority to fire at will. A bullet or two whizzing over his head would have disrupted him, alert Trump's personal detail to the threat.
it's been speculated (or maybe confirmed) the snipers behind Trump were not looking in that direction b/c that was not their area to watch.
Their positioning indicates otherwise. But it was still a complete failure in planning if they did not have 360 degrees of surveillance with the means to communicate with folks on the ground irrespective of agency.

The fact that the SAIC is still operational and not on leave is quite damning for the USSS.
Catag94
AG
agracer said:

aggiehawg said:

BQ78 said:

So someone has speculated the CS teams (at least two of them) had certain sectors to watch and none of those included the closest tall structure? Makes sense!
Stat Monitor Repairman
JFABNRGR said:

Tailgate88 said:

aginlakeway said:

That shooter had huge gonads to run across that roof in plain sight knowing that there were multiple sniper teams. This just gets more odd with every new piece of information.

Whats shocking about the whole deal is the kid smart enough to put together a plan to foil the entire USSS and Local police, but not smart enough to understand that he would more than likely get shot on sight.

The whole story is unbelievable. Everything about what we've seen stretches the bounds of credulity to the max. There no reasonable explanation for the way this played out.
From what I have seen to date, I don't think he believed he was going to die right there. It was my understanding he told his boss he would be in tomorrow and at least to date there is no evidence of a good by remember me forever note.

I think his plan included some type of escape which included him thinking he was getting help.
I agree, but that also begs the question as to WHY he had that level of confidence that he could successfully execute his plan?

Any rational person would have had to of recognized they'd immediately be shot on sight.

Why was Crooks confident enough to ignore that that glaring fact? And if so, where did that extreme level of confidence come from?

We talking full on delusions of grandeur here.

Which coincidentally is also a known side affect of psychotropic drugs.
Texas velvet maestro
great 3d rendering.
Let's both leave our post and go looking for him.

do we think some of the officers we see running around the building were the guys stationed at the abandoned post?
Tailgate88
AG
Truth. No rational person assumes they are going to assassinate someone and get away when there are dozens of cops on scene.
JFABNRGR
AG

JFABNRGR said:

Tailgate88 said:

aginlakeway said:

I agree, but that also begs the question as to WHY he had that level of confidence that he could successfully execute his plan?

Any rational person would have had to of recognized they'd immediately be shot on sight.

Why was Crooks confident enough to ignore that that glaring fact? And if so, where did that extreme level of confidence come from?

Those are very good questions but His plan or his execution of a plan?
Stat Monitor Repairman
agracer said:

The confirmed report of a kid roaming the premises with a RANGE FINDER should have triggered an immediate response. No further inquiry. Stop and frisk, find out wtf going on. No reasonable argument can be made as to why that didn't happen immediately.

Had the kid been sighted with a joint and some officer got a whiff of weed, they'd have grabbed his ass immediately.

So the fact that there were confirmed reports of this guy using a range finder out in the open at a presidential candidate rally is inexplicable.

So talking about a failure of comms or someone falling off a roof, or they didn't see a gun until the last moment. We already a mile down the road from where we should have been, and there's no denying that fact.

He became a person of interest when he went thru security with the range finder. They were watching him, but lost him in the crowd.

He then left the secure area and was outside using the range finder (per some amateur videos) but the only official reports from LE or SS were that he was wandering around AGR. I don't believe he was reported by LE/SS as using the range finder. That all came out as more amateur video popped up on the internet.

Senator's Report says first report of a range finder was at 5:32 by AGR Sniper #1.
agracer
AG
Catag94 said:

agracer said:

aggiehawg said:

BQ78 said:

So someone has speculated the CS teams (at least two of them) had certain sectors to watch and none of those included the closest tall structure? Makes sense!
Because someone else was supposed to be watching that area (the two guys in the building looking out the window).
agracer
AG

agracer said:

Senator's Report says first report of a range finder was at 5:32 by AGR Sniper #1.
apparently?

Did they know he was using the range finder and looking at news reports after the fact b/c they cracked his phone and know he had a range finder.

Or did the sniper who saw him say "this guy is using a range finder" or 'there is someone outside the secure area that should not be there?".
Catag94
AG

JFABNRGR said:

Tailgate88 said:

aginlakeway said:

Excellent points. Especially considering, recording to local LEO interviews, he followed their lead and parked near them. Then he walked around with his rangefinder and sat on the table right in full view knowing they were there.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Both I guess. He seemed to have an extreme level of confidence about his plan and execution of that plan. What was the origin of such a delusional level of confidence? He's of rational mind enough to do all this scouting and prep work. How does he ignore the fact that he'd immediately be taken out by a sniper team on gaining access to the roof?
techno-ag
AG

JFABNRGR said:

Tailgate88 said:

aginlakeway said:

I suspect he had little knowledge of the way SS operates. I bet not everyone before this incident thought much about counter sniper teams.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

agracer
AG

Both I guess. He seemed to have an extreme level of confidence about his plan and execution of that plan. What was the origin of such a delusional level of confidence? He's of rational mind enough to do all this scouting and prep work. How does he ignore the fact that he'd immediately be taken out by a sniper team on gaining access to the roof?

You're trying to put rational thoughts into an irrational brain (Crooks)

Earlier reports suggested he was going to try a mass shooting event and all the walking around, range finding, climbing on the roof was more a targe of opportunity. He realized there was no one on the roof and could make a bigger splash shooting Trump than a bunch of strangers.

Also, if he hits Trump on that first shot, he can get off the roof pretty quickly. He got off 7 more trying to hit Trump and that's when he got shot by the counter snipers. That and his explosive laden van as a distraction maybe led him to believe he could get away (which I realize is in direct contradiction of my 1st paragraph about target of opportunity). Again, trying to reason with the irrational Crooks' brain .
Stat Monitor Repairman
Was Crooks so completely delusional that he managed to perfectly exploit the security detail just by pure luck alone?

Did he come up with the plan and execute completely oblivious to the fact that there were people on station to keep him from doing the exact thing he planned to do?

Or was he so confident because he had help or thought he had help?

Now we back at the UT tower Charles Whitman situation where the guy has such a mental defect that he's ignores all rational thought because he's motivated by some unknown force of nature.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

You're trying to put rational thoughts into an irrational brain (Crooks)
Yes. That's exactly what we trying to do. No bones about that.
agracer
AG
aggiehawg said:

Don't some scopes record? The Hubs has a night vision scope that records.
The high end optics these guys are using aren't designed with recording devices built in.

You can buy rigs to attach a phone or go-pro (or some other recording device) to scopes. I doubt the counter sniper teams want that kind of distraction on their rigs.
Schneider Electric
Hmmmm

Current posts make me ask….

WHAT MOOD ALTERING PRESCRIPTIONS WAS CROOKS ON?
agracer
AG

Now we back at the UT tower Charles Whitman situation where the guy has such a mental defect that he's ignores all rational thought because he's motivated by some unknown force of nature.
We've already established he was a democrat and that is a mental disorder so....
Texas velvet maestro
aggiehawg said:

and just speaking of cameras and basic surveillance. cameras are so easy to mount or stage anywhere and run wireless. be on a network. It seems like protective agencies would use that technology as a matter of course.

Was there a security command post? Is that a thing?
agracer
AG

aggiehawg said:

and just speaking of cameras and basic surveillance. cameras are so easy to mount or stage anywhere and run wireless. be on a network. It seems like protective agencies would use that technology as a matter of course.

It was supposedly in the AGR building he was walking on top of.
aggiehawg
AG

He probably couldn't see the sniper teams on the roofs behind the stage from his position outside the fence and on the ground. Had he gone into the event and had a frontal view of the stage at some point, he might have seen them setting up in those locations? Thus he was more concerned about agents/police on the ground than at a higher point?

The videos I have seen from outside the perimeter and sweeping the stage don't show the snipers being very visible on those rooftops since they too are on the other side of the ridge.
Stat Monitor Repairman
agracer said:

We've already established he was a democrat and that is a mental disorder so....
Thats pretty much it. The Crooks was a delusional maniac but we trying to parse that out in some rational way that we can make sense of.
Stat Monitor Repairman
It may well have been the case that he was oblivious to all that.

Was like Forrest Gump where he just went and happened to be in he exact right place at the exact right time.

Any cop on the premises could have approached the guy at any time to vet him but they didn't by stroke of luck. He had no guarantee of getting as far as he did.
aggiehawg
AG
To follow up on my earlier point.

Quote:

Local officials are telling Fox News that the USSS told a local sniper team to set up on the "ground level looking into the crowd" as opposed to on top of the warehouse roof where the assassin would ultimately fire his shots at President Trump. They also said that had USSS told them to position on the roof, they would have. It wasn't the slope, it wasn't the heat, they were told where to go. Why would a sniper team be on the ground level?

What on earth is going on here!?
Stat Monitor Repairman

aggiehawg said:

That's another thing. A lot of times you'll see these portable towers outfitted with cameras where someone in a command center can have a 360 view of the whole place and can zoom in to a hair on a gnats ass. This is common with perimeter security on FOBs and other applications. Seemed like it would have been their first line of defense. Somebody in a trailer monitoring cameras.
First Page Last Page
Page 169 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.