Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

822,180 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by A is A
BuddysBud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

The Comms issue is really fixing simple for a quick fix.

Add an additional USSS agent to have both the local frequency and/or group text and the USSS one. They can sit in a comm room/can/whatever. When there is a threat or subject the USSS needs to be aware of, they alert the USSS encrypted channel.
Bongino said there already is an agent assigned solely for comms who sits in a comms room. What was that person doing?

In the ABC interview, local LEO said that they had no communication with SS, and they were surprised when SS did not have an organizational meeting prior to the event.

If this information is correct, then SS didn't even follow their standard protocol. It sounds like they didn't set up an agent to coordinate comms.

Every day they look worse.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag In Ok said:

Why have the secret service for presidential detail? Why not is the military and be done with it?

In case the assassin also counterfeits money?
nortex97
AG
Ag In Ok said:

Why have the secret service for presidential detail? Why not is the military and be done with it?

Valid question. Erik prince pointed out it started with the Pinkertons etc. frankly, radical reform is needed at least but privatization shouldn't be off the table imho.
J. Walter Weatherman
BuddysBud said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

Add an additional USSS agent to have both the local frequency and/or group text and the USSS one. They can sit in a comm room/can/whatever. When there is a threat or subject the USSS needs to be aware of, they alert the USSS encrypted channel.
Bongino said there already is an agent assigned solely for comms who sits in a comms room. What was that person doing?

In the ABC interview, local LEO said that they had no communication with SS, and they were surprised when SS did not have an organizational meeting prior to the event.

If this information is correct, then SS didn't even follow their standard protocol. It sounds like they didn't set up an agent to coordinate comms.

Was the bolded in today's testimony? I hadn't seen anything saying they didn't have a central comms person, just that SS has said they didn't receive notification over the radio about the gunman in the couple minutes that the cops were trying to get on the roof.
agracer
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

so it's confirmed he's a democrat?
agracer
AG

EDIT: Sorry, replied to wrong poster
Fenrir
BuddysBud said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

It's what happens when you have weak leadership shoe horned into positions of power and accountability is thrown out the window all in favor of making sure the right demographic boxes are checked. The entire SS needs to be upended and started over if it is allowed to stay in its current form.
Texas velvet maestro
aggiehawg said:

Final release by Dayve.
On one of his earlier videos, prior to the shots. did an office/agent with a green shirt push everyone who was standing between the AGR building and the rally site, down the fence line ?

Do you know where the kill shot on Crooks came from?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Do you know where the kill shot on Crooks came from?
According to Abbate's testimony today the sniper team that was NOT blocked by the trees. But the reporting has been all over the place on this, so I have no idea.
J. Walter Weatherman
Texas velvet maestro said:

aggiehawg said:

Final release by Dayve.
On one of his earlier videos, prior to the shots. did an office/agent with a green shirt push everyone who was standing between the AGR building and the rally site, down the fence line ?

If I remember right the person clearing people out in the first part of that video seemed like he was the property owner. Believe he kept saying something about private property etc.
Texas velvet maestro
Thanks. for some reason my mental image has him flashing a badge, but i'm sure I'll go back and see it again.

and now
yep. he wasn't a pro and he wasn't that effective, and it looks like he was holding up a phone not a badge.
Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

a. I do not think it is correct.
b. Rowe indicated it would take months before an individual event to get their comms together with locals. Basically, he was lying and saying it would be impossible.
BuddysBud
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

BuddysBud said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Guitarsoup said:

Was the bolded in today's testimony? I hadn't seen anything saying they didn't have a central comms person, just that SS has said they didn't receive notification over the radio about the gunman in the couple minutes that the cops were trying to get on the roof.

It was my conclusion. If local LEO said that they had no interaction with SS, it makes no sense that there would be a SS comma center set up to exchange information between local PD and SS.
El Gallo Blanco
Ag In Ok said:

Hopefully this changes. F the washed up dorky looking SS guys and stubby lesbians in suits. I want to see a freaking platoon of hardened marines/seals/green berets etc. in full battle gear with rifles and scowls on their faces...just scanning the area for danger. Not only for effectiveness, but it would also look badass and inimidate any would-be assassins and get the attention of our foreign adversaries.

Why are we using a bunch of half-fit and even obese dipsh*ts who look like IRS auditors?
fightingfarmer09
Optics.

Trump surrounding himself with uniformed military men would only play into the "he's a dictator" story that many people hear daily.
Ag In Ok
AG
It would be a security detail, dropping marine blues that Biden took advantage of in his red speech. Everyone would have this coverage, or at a minimum they would be the QRF / counter sniper team responsible for neutralizing the threat. I don't see a Marine ever, ever giving up the high ground. Well any armed service member for that matter. Except the navy, they go low and rightfully so
4stringAg
AG
Another pathetic aspect of these hearings is the Dems getting on their soapbox about guns. just completely unserious. Even though this is an issue that affects politicians across the spectrum, they act like it was no big deal and that it was a time for them to push their political agenda. Truly pathetic.
aggiehawg
AG
4stringAg said:

Another pathetic aspect of these hearings is the Dems getting on their soapbox about guns. just completely unserious. Even though this is an issue that affects politicians across the spectrum, they act like it was no big deal and that it was a time for them to push their political agenda. Truly pathetic.
To be fair, today's Dem Senators (with the exception of the loony Hawaiian) were far less on the assault rifle soapbox than the Dems on the House committees last week.
Guitarsoup
AG
4stringAg said:

Always funny to have them get all worked up then see Rand Paul roll his eyes at then since he actually had an assassination attempt
aggiehawg
AG
These guys have a lot of experience protecting high profile events. Go through how to plan the comms, face to face meetings morning of, afternoon and then right before event to make sure everyone is still on the same page.

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I can see why they are slow rolling info after more than 2 weeks, you have to protect the case against Crooks. Oh, that's right, he dead.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
aggiehawg
AG
I have to confess I never in a million years would have believed that Blumenthal, of all people is fired up against the USSS and FBI. On with Brett on FNC now.
nortex97
AG
That guy is an abject liar though. Yet, so is the FBI/USSS:

Why are they lying about this is my question?

Bluto
AG
Does the guy really have no other social media presence that can be found that's more recent than 2021?
Touchless
AG
On newsnation last night, they had someone from the local law enforcement team on. They said only one of the two snipers on the 2nd floor left their post. The other was there the whole time. He also said the claim that had someone been in that post, they would have seen the shooter was false. I think it was because the team was focused on a different area so they weren't looking towards the roof over there.

I turned the tv on mid interview and didn't catch it all, but was interesting to hear something about those two snipers and said they'd be happy to meet with congress.
JFABNRGR
AG
nortex97 said:

and he was reading this from a PREPARED SCRIPT that he brought to a Q&A.
JFABNRGR
AG
Touchless said:

On newsnation last night, they had someone from the local law enforcement team on. They said only one of the two snipers on the 2nd floor left their post. The other was there the whole time. He also said the claim that had someone been in that post, they would have seen the shooter was false. I think it was because the team was focused on a different area so they weren't looking towards the roof over there.

I turned the tv on mid interview and didn't catch it all, but was interesting to hear something about those two snipers and said they'd be happy to meet with congress.
Assuming the windows were open (i believe photo/vid confirms this with a shadow) where was his focus when all of the commotion was going on that there was a shooter on the roof in the brief moments before the shooting and while all the cops on the ground were searching to see on the roof?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Touchless said:

Assuming the windows were open (i believe photo/vid confirms this with a shadow) where was his focus when all of the commotion was going on that there was a shooter on the roof in the brief moments before the shooting and while all the cops on the ground were searching to see on the roof?
No ***** We have plain eye witness video of cops surrounding that place like ants before the shots. More obfuscation.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Touchless
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Touchless said:

I agree it's hard to believe. Not saying it's accurate, but what was said in the interview. Window looked to be more cracked, than open. Meaning maybe letting some air in, but not fully open 90 degrees plus. Had a pic from inside the room, but the view of the camera was angled out to the right. It showed the gun, covered in camo netting of sorts. Actually hard to tell if it was a rifle or just optics. It had a butt stock as if it was a rifle, but didn't really see the barrel in the limited time I saw it. Doesn't seem logical it wouldn't have been a rifle though.

I'll see if I can find it the interview.

ETA: the pic with the window cracked could have come after the shooting happened so hard to know for sure if it was open during the event. If it was, you'd think the sniper would have heard the commotion at a minimum. Even if he couldn't see the people and law enforcement scrambling around. They may have been out of view due to the building the Crooks was on.
Touchless
AG
The longest video of the segment I could find ended up being on facebook for some reason. Watching it, the window was fully open 90 degrees. Also still don't see the barrel of the rifle, which is weird to me. Not sure the point of having a sniper position without a working rifle. Pics still could have been taken post shooting and maybe window was opened after the fact and maybe barrel was removed for safety??? I don't know, just grasping at straws there.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1831848487301724
aggiehawg
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

I can see why they are slow rolling info after more than 2 weeks, you have to protect the case against Crooks. Oh, that's right, he dead.
So which privacy rights of the dead guy prohibit the FBI from breaching his encrypted messages?

And while I'm here, it doesn't matter whether people saw Crooks had a gun until such and such time. What matters is that he was on the roof at all. That was a threat in and of itself justifying keeping Trump offstage.
Catag94
AG
Listening to some of the interviews yesterday of the now acting Director of the US SS, I believe Bongino is absolutely right in that. That guy is even worse than Cheetle and must go.
J. Walter Weatherman
JFABNRGR said:

nortex97 said:

and he was reading this from a PREPARED SCRIPT that he brought to a Q&A.

I agree it was confusing and strange to offer that information without confirming. I only have read summaries so far since I couldn't watch, but it seemed like he was describing a different account than the gab account right? I thought the timelines were off.
BQ78
AG
https://www.foxnews.com/video/6359691041112?dicbo=v2-PCtTJYN

Now we have video from one of the victims showing Crooks moving on the building just before shooting.
aggiehawg
AG
BQ78 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6359691041112?dicbo=v2-PCtTJYN

Now we have video from one of the victims showing Crooks moving on the building just before shooting.
Hard time believing the USSS snipers would have missed that. They have authority to fire at will. A bullet or two whizzing over his head would have disrupted him, alert Trump's personal detail to the threat.
First Page Last Page
Page 167 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.