Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

821,691 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by A is A
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If shooter really was 20 time to roll up his parents because they radicalized him and convinced him Trump was Hitler.
C@LAg
BassCowboy33 said:

C@LAg said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Edit: Im gonna hold off for a bit until we learn more about this guy.
"this guy" was still tweeting up until about an hour ago when he made his account private because **** started getting real. he is a twitter troll

Yep. Reminds of the Dallas Police shooting when people were circulating a photo of a generic black guy with a gun at the rally. Dude had to go into hiding because news orgs said he was the killer.

I don't know what I'd do if social media sleuths started throwing my photo up everywhere claiming I was the shooter.
i would contact the largest news company nearest my city immediately, and put out a statement

plus the fact that you are alive and the shooter is not should pretty much take care of everything
annie88
AG

redsquirrelAG
AG
rondis23 said:

Rapier and GinormousAg- Definitely History Majors. Very Nice!!!

The finest of indoctrinations.
Not Coach Jimbo
Gunny456 said:

My comment is this guy was no trained combat killer. He most certainly till today had never pointed a firearm at a live human with a lock and loaded firearm. He was mentally messed up anyway and his emotions were through the roof and adrenaline running rampant.
As hunters we have all experienced " buck fever" …. And that's the anticipation of shooting at an animal…… I can imagine what this idiot was feeling.
Even well trained soldiers sometimes have severe emotional trauma the first time they take aim at another living human.
It's nothing like shooting at a paper silhouette target for sure.

You're equating a soldier to someone that's mentally unstable enough to do this suicide assassination attempt. He likely (surely) had such a worped view of things that he didn't even consider trump human.

I'm sure he had plenty of adrenaline etc, but he did graze the president so thats awful damn close for the buck fever/adrenaline explanation.

tbh we will never truly know if it was Trump's movement, a gust of wind, adrenaline, inexperience or gods intervention that saved us from that horror today.

And frankly, it's a weird thing to arm chair.
BassCowboy33
C@LAg said:

BassCowboy33 said:

C@LAg said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Edit: Im gonna hold off for a bit until we learn more about this guy.
"this guy" was still tweeting up until about an hour ago when he made his account private because **** started getting real. he is a twitter troll

Yep. Reminds of the Dallas Police shooting when people were circulating a photo of a generic black guy with a gun at the rally. Dude had to go into hiding because news orgs said he was the killer.

I don't know what I'd do if social media sleuths started throwing my photo up everywhere claiming I was the shooter.
i would contact the largest news company nearest my city immediately, and put out a statement

plus the fact that you are alive and the shooter is not should pretty much take care of everything

You'd think. But social media is rarely a place where the rational play.
MarkTwain
For those that said I was FOS on the bill introduced HR8081 to strip Trump of his USS protection read this

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/8081
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
C@LAg
Foreverconservative said:

For those that said I was FOS on the bill introduced HR8081 to strip Trump of his USS protection read this

we discussed it back in april.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3456296
BassCowboy33
Foreverconservative said:

Not sure how people don't remember this. It was big news at the time.
C@LAg
Gunny456
AG
Except all of those things could have been Gods intervention… which… at the end of the day….. I believe….. emphasis on I believe….. God was not calling him home today and protected him. However a couple of others he felt their work was done.
bangbang
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

Could be a BB gun or some air pistol. Definitely didn't sound like anything more than a 22
Idiot.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Smoke em if you got em.
C@LAg
bangbang said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

Could be a BB gun or some air pistol. Definitely didn't sound like anything more than a 22
Idiot.
now now

he is fightingfarmer.

not

fightinghunter

it is an honest mistake
Gunny456
AG
He can have his opinion. He is an Ag same as you and I. Calling him an idiot is not what Aggies do. You are better than that.
Buck Compton
AG
annie88 said:

Neither of these snipers engaged the target during the video. They both recoiled and hid at the sound of gunshots. One even might have had an ND. It was clear that they were investigating something but having trouble seeing/finding the eventual shooter. That's why he came off scope.

Nor do I think the wannabe assassin got 8 shots off. It's possible those snipers quickly sent 5-6 shots down range immediately after this video, but not shown.
annie88
AG
Buck Compton said:

annie88 said:

Neither of these snipers engaged the target during the video. They both recoiled and hid at the sound of gunshots. One even might have had an ND. It was clear that they were investigating something but having trouble seeing/finding the eventual shooter. That's why he came off scope.

Nor do I think the wannabe assassin got 8 shots off. It's possible those snipers quickly sent 5-6 shots down range immediately after this video, but not shown.
I just posted them without comment. I have no idea the exact timeframe just still can't believe the shooter could get up on that building so close without being seen. The whole thing is so weird
Ellis Wyatt
But he was seen. By LEOs, even
Beezy2389
AG
How do you look up someone's voter registration? Is that public or do you have to pretend to be them on PA's site?

I want to look that up myself if possible.

I'm like 90% sure that the ActBlue donation is him. I confirmed that receipt actually exists in the FEC records (link). The zip code on it is for Bethel Park, PA (15102). And the only Thomas Crooks in Bethel Park is Thomas M Crooks according to the WhitePages website (link).

It definitely is suspicious that he donates $15 to PROGRESSIVE TURNOUT PROJECT which exists to "Rally Democrats to Vote" (link) in January and then in September registers as a Republican.

Feels like a trail that leads to "Hey we're good in our mid terms but you should register Republican and vote against these guys there"
Buck Compton
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

But he was seen. By LEOs, even
My understanding is that typically you'll run two comm channels in these situations. One for local LEOs + SS, one for SS only.

If the local (rural) LEOs did have a confirmed position, I doubt it was calmly and clearly communicated. That's a large connected roof complex to search with a scope, and I really doubt the radio call was "Suspect with rifle on the rooftop approximately 150 yards to the stage's north. And the edge of the complex closest to crowd. Moving in pursuit to engage.". It was more likely garbled/panicked screaming.

To me, the failure was in initial security design, and secondly with the snipers' initial reaction to gunfire.
Ellis Wyatt
If a local LEO saw him, he should have been immediately exterminated. Otherwise, there is no point in having security.
Buck Compton
AG
I don't disagree. Failure was theirs as well.
TyHolden
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

If a local LEO saw him, he should have been immediately exterminated. Otherwise, there is no point in having security.
yep - you don't FAFO with a US president. If not for the SS, the people there probably would have shot him before it happened.
tk for tu juan
TheEternalOptimist
Before I got sick a few months ago, and deleted my old account...... I would have let all the invective go here on TA.

But... I refuse to let anger dictate my response is this:

1) Praying for the family of the innocent person who died.
2) Praying for the injured people
3) Praying for America and each of our 50 states in general.
4) Praying that God protect President Trump and all Secret Service agents going forward.
5) Praying that God allow those in power to not hide or conceal the truth in any of this to the people.
6) Stand against those who are my enemies, but remember to pray for them as well, that their hearts and minds be changed.
7) Pray that we see a peaceful transition of power to Donald J Trump on January 20, 2025.

Blessings to all.
TEP TEO

TyHolden
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman

[Deep state realizing that Trump survived]
Beezy2389
AG
Beezy2389 said:

How do you look up someone's voter registration? Is that public or do you have to pretend to be them on PA's site?

I want to look that up myself if possible.

I'm like 90% sure that the ActBlue donation is him. I confirmed that receipt actually exists in the FEC records (link). The zip code on it is for Bethel Park, PA (15102). And the only Thomas Crooks in Bethel Park is Thomas M Crooks according to the WhitePages website (link).

It definitely is suspicious that he donates $15 to PROGRESSIVE TURNOUT PROJECT which exists to "Rally Democrats to Vote" (link) in January and then in September registers as a Republican.

Feels like a trail that leads to "Hey we're good in our mid terms but you should register Republican and vote against these guys there"
WhitePages seems to have removed him from their page but I at least took a screenshot of the Google Results that still show the information

FTAG 2000
AG
Buck Compton said:

annie88 said:

I'm struck by how skinny that guys arms are. For a USSS sniper and presidential overwatch? Wtf?

Anyone remember 2020 post George Floyd craziness when Trump walked streets of DC with secret service flanking him? The snipers then were carrying 50 cal rifles and looked like linebackers.
Aggball2010
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

All of the rhetoric aimed at Trump. This is where it leads to.

Call him hitler, label him as a white suprematist…

Here is your radicle liberal/dem.

Off the hinge. Just like the trans shooters that won't be labeled.

"What a miss", left wingngers. **** you and **** what you're promoting!
C@LAg
staffy not likey doxxing.
TyHolden
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

[Deep state realizing that Trump survived]
there was a sopranos reach out from hbo actually. need to find the tweet.

not sure if it's a joke or not. kinda pissed now.

Beezy2389
AG
C@LAg said:

staffy not likey doxxing.
Good point. Whole reason I used White Pages was to link "Thomas Crooks" in the ActBlue Donation to "Thomas M Crooks" in the whitepages. I'll edit out what I can.
Buck Compton
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Buck Compton said:

annie88 said:

I'm struck by how skinny that guys arms are. For a USSS sniper and presidential overwatch? Wtf?

Anyone remember 2020 post George Floyd craziness when Trump walked streets of DC with secret service flanking him? The snipers then were carrying 50 cal rifles and looked like linebackers.

I had the same initial gut reaction. Trying to find that photo. But I also know a few wiry guys who are wicked strong and tough, so you never know.

Edit, found it.
Aggball2010
AG
Buck Compton said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Buck Compton said:

annie88 said:

I had the same initial gut reaction. Trying to find that photo. But I also know a few wiry guys who are wicked strong and tough, so you never know.

wtf are you trying to say?
TyHolden
AG

This literally happened at a CS restaurant today. Some dude made them change the channels though. I thought he was a lunatic at first.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.