The Beekeeper movie

11,471 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BassCowboy33
BusterAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jason Statham movie.

Not a good movie, first of all. The "bee" puns were just, yuck.

But, it also did a lot to glorify vigilante violence against the family of the president "for the good of the hive" (Yuk).

It's thinly veiled propaganda glorifying assassination.

Not a fan. Super ugly that this movie gets made in this environment.
annie88
AG
I thought it was good. I love Jason Statham movies. And it's a movie. People should be able to tell the difference. Any topic is on the table.
samurai_science
Its the dumbest movie I have seen in a long time, its just bad. I couldnt finish it, its Last Jedi and Escape from LA bad.
Flavius Agximus
AG
I normally will watch and enjoy anything with Statham in it. This was one of his worst movies. Won't watch again.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I didn't finish it and I know it's not reality, but him single handedly beating multiple elite teams while he has no or few weapons is just dumb, dumb, dumb. Every one of those groups do the kung fu fighting moves of waiting their turn to attack instead of stepping back 10 feet and putting 12 slugs in him?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
pfo
AG
We liked The Beekeeper and watched it in the theater and then again at home.

If you want to see an awful movie, go see the Bikeriders. My wife and I fell asleep.
Bazooka Joe
AG
Watched it on a flight to DC last week. By my third or forth eye roll I conceded that this movie did indeed suck.

Maybe the worst movie I've watched beginning to end. I actually looked around in hopes that no one was seeing me watch it.
Im Gipper
annie88 said:

I thought it was good. I love Jason Statham movies. And it's a movie. People should be able to tell the difference. Any topic is on the table.

This!

The movie was exactly what I was expecting!

(Other than Mrs. Huxtable dying in the first 10 minutes)

I'm Gipper
annie88
AG
pfo said:

We liked The Beekeeper and watched it in the theater and then again at home.

If you want to see an awful movie, go see the Bikeriders. My wife and I fell asleep.
That was really boring. And it really just came across as such wasted lives.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Remember 30-40 years ago when it was the liberals complaining about who the bad guys in movies were and we all just rolled our eyes at how stupid they sounded?
annie88
AG
Im Gipper said:

annie88 said:

This!

Well I knew that was what drove his revenge. You could kind of tell that from the preview.

Revenge movies are always good. Man on fire is still one of the best I've ever seen. And it's based on a true story. I always love bad guys getting theirs. I wish we could do more of it in real life without consequences.
annie88
AG
Bazooka Joe said:

Watched it on a flight to DC last week. By my third or forth eye roll I conceded that this movie did indeed suck.

Maybe the worst movie I've watched beginning to end. I actually looked around in hopes that no one was seeing me watch it.
Good Lord it wouldn't even even close to being the worst movie.
Im Gipper
Man on Fire is amazing!

I didn't see any Beekeeper preview. Saw Statham and was in!

I'm Gipper
annie88
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

I didn't finish it and I know it's not reality, but him single handedly beating multiple elite teams while he has no or few weapons is just dumb, dumb, dumb. Every one of those groups do the kung fu fighting moves of waiting their turn to attack instead of stepping back 10 feet and putting 12 slugs in him?
You probably have trouble watching the fast and furious movies as well. Sometimes it's just fun to suspend reality in certain situations. And it was a Jason Statham movie. What did you expect?

I don't care that y'all didn't like the movie that's fine. Everybody has their own taste, but y'all are acting like it was the worst movie ever and it wasn't even close.
aggiepanic95
AG
Watched it on a flight about 3 weeks ago. Loved it. Reminded me a bit of John Wick. Highly recommend for any red blooded male.
DrEvazanPhD
samurai_science said:

Its the dumbest movie I have seen in a long time, its just bad. I couldnt finish it, its Last Jedi and Escape from LA bad.

Wow. Last Jedi bad. That's brutal. Is it acolyte bad?
Im Gipper
DrEvazanPhD said:

samurai_science said:

You watched that? lol

I'm Gipper
Aggie4Life02
AG
The plot was terrible but entertaining action.
DrEvazanPhD
Im Gipper said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

samurai_science said:

You watched that? lol

I decided to puke my way through it for the sake
Of my friends to not have to watch it
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C2GBHF2yxaM
DrEvazanPhD
BusterAg said:

Jason Statham movie.

But, it also did a lot to glorify vigilante violence against the family of the president "for the good of the hive" (Yuk).

I mean…president is crooked, son is an entitled powder head, who did that remind you of?
No Spin Ag
annie88 said:

Im Gipper said:

annie88 said:

This!

Well I knew that was what drove his revenge. You could kind of tell that from the preview.

Revenge movies are always good. Man on fire is still one of the best I've ever seen. And it's based on a true story. I always love bad guys getting theirs. I wish we could do more of it in real life without consequences.

Man on Fire was truly epic.

It was great seeing him and Dakota work together in Equalizer 3.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I actually haven't watched those so I can't comment. I am a huge fan of the revenge angle so I stuck with it for a while. At least John Wick gets ****ed up.

I don't begrudge you liking it and it is by far not the worst type of movie like that.

Man on Fire was awesome. Taping his hands to the steering wheel is genius.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
94chem
I don't recognize any name in this thread except Mrs. Huxtable.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
An L of an Ag
AG
Fun and enjoyable movie! Saw it in the theater and then streaming.
JJxvi
AG
captkirk
AG
Aggie4Life02 said:

The plot was terrible but entertaining action.
This. A mindless action movie with some great fight scenes.
one safe place
BusterAg said:

Jason Statham movie.

Movie makers shouldn't worry about the environment we are in.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Some y'all are clearly hella fun.

Have y'all never seen a Jason Statham movie before? Transporter? Handsome Rob?

Know what gets "the rib" going? Anything with Jason Statham or Vin Diesel.

Know what movies I make it a point to watch with my wife? Exactly.

Six degrees of separation, the night Vin Diesel came to my daughter's softball game, he was the coolest Cabron ever. My wife and all the other softball moms let him go without kidnapping him.
Bazooka Joe
AG
annie88 said:

Bazooka Joe said:

Good Lord it wouldn't even even close to being the worst movie.

Worst that I watched all the way through. I dump out of bad movies, but felt compelled to finish since I was on a flight with little movie selection and no time to start and finish another movie. It was a unique situation for me.
samurai_science
DrEvazanPhD said:

samurai_science said:

I have not seen any Disney crap since Gina was fired, but based on what I am hearing, It could be Acolyte bad.
annie88
AG
Worst that I watched all the way through. I dump out of bad movies, but felt compelled to finish since I was on a flight with little movie selection and no time to start and finish another movie. It was a unique situation for me.

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope you can recover. I thought it was a fun, amusing movie.
annie88
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

I actually haven't watched those so I can't comment. I am a huge fan of the revenge angle so I stuck with it for a while. At least John Wick gets ****ed up.

I don't begrudge you liking it and it is by far not the worst type of movie like that.

Man on Fire was awesome. Taping his hands to the steering wheel is genius.

Yeah, that part is always like holy ***** Also, the guy that he inserted something in over the car.

I love all the equalizer movies too. The fact that Denzel Washington was in those and man on fire is even better. He's a fantastic actor. And I love how cool and calm he is in the equalizer movies.

annie88
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

samurai_science said:

No, it's not. We have some dramatic people in here.
sclaff
AG
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.