The Beekeeper movie

11,467 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BassCowboy33
An L of an Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

BusterAg said:

5C said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Some y'all are clearly hella fun.

Have y'all never seen a Jason Statham movie before? Transporter? Handsome Rob?

Know what gets "the rib" going? Anything with Jason Statham or Vin Diesel.

Know what movies I make it a point to watch with my wife? Exactly.

Six degrees of separation, the night Vin Diesel came to my daughter's softball game, he was the coolest Cabron ever. My wife and all the other softball moms let him go without kidnapping him.

So another dude gets your wife going? Seems sad.
Um, human beings operate this way.

F16 even has a rule about it.

You forgot, this is Texags (and even moreso the politics board), where every male poster is an Adonis who is so manly his wife doesn't even realize there are other men on the planet. Those wives BTW are more beautiful than Sydney Sweeney, Sofia Vergera, and Scarlett Johansson combined.

Wow, that's uncanny! It's like you've known me for years!
Faustus
Quote:

And you keep me a million miles away from your metaverse meth lab or whatever it is.

Irons former CIA director character.
I had to dig up the quote.
BassCowboy33
annie88 said:

Saxsoon said:

After my grandfather was nearly scammed by the ****ers like the scammers in this movie, it was very satisfying seeing those dorks getting their dicks kicked in

You should watch Thelma. I saw the theater last weekend and it's on the same line. It has everything, humor, a little bit of sadness, sweetness, and other stuff. But that's the main topic is this 93-year old woman that got ripped off and her revenge.
Very fun, heartfelt film.
Evanhue
AG
Bazooka Joe said:

Maybe the worst movie I've watched beginning to end.
That title goes to Caddyshack 2. Runner up is the original Roadhouse.
counter subconscious espionage
Im Gipper
Evanhue said:

Bazooka Joe said:

That title goes to Caddyshack 2. Runner up is the original Roadhouse

Dead giveaway you are female.

Roadhouse is GREAT !!

I'm Gipper
Aggiecadet
This movie "bee keeper" by Jason Statham is actually very interesting, I can see y'all complaining about how He single handedly beat groups of elite soldiers. In the beginning of the movie, it wasn't written there that it was a true life story which means it's just fiction, so why are you all complaining
Evanhue
AG
Im Gipper said:

Evanhue said:

Bazooka Joe said:

That title goes to Caddyshack 2. Runner up is the original Roadhouse

Dead giveaway you are female.

Roadhouse is GREAT !!
Hardly.
counter subconscious espionage
annie88
AG
I'll tell you a movie I loved was the Gray Man with Ryan Gosling a few years ago as well. I think they're going to make a second one. That's another one that suspends reality just a little bit, but it's damn fun to watch.

" Will someone please kill the guy handcuffed to the bench."
Bruce Almighty
AG
It was dumb, but also entertaining. You know what is also dumb and entertaining that I'm sure most of this board loves? Commando with Arnold. This movie is no different.
Matsui
AG
Thought it was pretty good entertainment
Faustus
annie88 said:

I'll tell you a movie I loved was the Gray Man with Ryan Gosling a few years ago as well. I think they're going to make a second one. That's another one that suspends reality just a little bit, but it's damn fun to watch.

" Will someone please kill the guy handcuffed to the bench."

That was a fun flick. Greaney has 13 books featuring our titular character so there's plenty of material that can be adapted. Amusingly he also penned 3 Jack Ryan books with Tom Clancy, and another four after Clancy passed.

Greaney is the Brandon Sanderson of the super spy genre.
Smoochie-Wallace II
Evanhue said:

Bazooka Joe said:

That title goes to Caddyshack 2. Runner up is the original Roadhouse.
Dead to meeeeee!!!!!!

If you don't like this cinematic masterpiece on class warfare juxtaposed against the game of golf, why do you even watch movies?
Pumpkinhead
AG
It was dumb but entertaining. Just like the Meg movies. Thumbs up to the Beekeeper.
HollywoodBQ
AG
annie88 said:

I was enjoying Anna Kendrick until I found out she's a midget.

Guess I'll have to fall back to Sofia Vergara.

"Midget"? I think you mean, "Spinner". she's 5'2, which qualifies as petite

no idea where this guy gets his height standards from

Hey, I'm 5'2" That is the best height to be.
I'm 6'3" so the nice thing about you being 5'2" is you can wear 6 inch platform heels
annie88
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

annie88 said:

I was enjoying Anna Kendrick until I found out she's a midget.

Guess I'll have to fall back to Sofia Vergara.

"Midget"? I think you mean, "Spinner". she's 5'2, which qualifies as petite

no idea where this guy gets his height standards from

Hey, I'm 5'2" That is the best height to be.
I'm 6'3" so the nice thing about you being 5'2" is you can wear 6 inch platform heels
I always liked being short so I could wear high heels and still be short.
annie88
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

It was dumb but entertaining. Just like the Meg movies. Thumbs up to the Beekeeper.
The first Meg was great, the second I thought was just okay. Still don't understand the little dinosaur things. But I guess if the Meg is prehistoric...
Texas velvet maestro
Ulee's Gold is a good beekeeper movie. more reality based violence and story. requires a basic pre-social media attention span
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I watched The Beekeeper on 2/19/24, and I enjoyed it. I love Jason Statham movies too.
TheHungryDonkey
AG
VaultingChemist said:

Start with "Born Losers" and then "Billy Jack". I never knew Billy Jack was actually based on a real life Native American.

What, what!? Epiphany 40 years late is nice!
Demosthenes81
AG
Whether you like The Beekeeper or not, can we all agree Sisu is the best movie in the mindless violence genre?
100% Pure Aggie
annie88 said:

Im Gipper said:

annie88 said:

I thought it was good. I love Jason Statham movies. And it's a movie. People should be able to tell the difference. Any topic is on the table.

This!

The movie was exactly what I was expecting!

(Other than Mrs. Huxtable dying in the first 10 minutes)
Well I knew that was what drove his revenge. You could kind of tell that from the preview.

Revenge movies are always good. Man on fire is still one of the best I've ever seen. And it's based on a true story. I always love bad guys getting theirs. I wish we could do more of it in real life without consequences.

Love revenge movies. One of the best: Revenge:

BusterAg
AG
Did Thomas Mathew Crooks watch The Beekeeper? Was his assassination attempt just him doing his duty to "protect the hive"?
FL_Ag1998
AG
BusterAg said:

Did Thomas Mathew Crooks watch The Beekeeper? Was his assassination attempt just him doing his duty to "protect the hive"?

Oh Lord.
BassCowboy33
BusterAg said:

How funny would it be if they find some Crooks manifesto claiming he was inspired by The Beekeeper to try to assassinate a former president?

It'd be up there in the most wild-arse excuses ever with Mark David Chapman saying that Catcher in the Rye told him to kill John Lennon or John Hinckley trying to kill Ronald Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.
Gilligan
AG
This was as a bad of movie as there could be.

Low brow all the way. I'm sad I left it on until the end.
BusterAg
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

BusterAg said:

How funny would it be if they find some Crooks manifesto claiming he was inspired by The Beekeeper to try to assassinate a former president?

It'd be up there in the most wild-arse excuses ever with Mark David Chapman saying that Catcher in the Rye told him to kill John Lennon or John Hinckley trying to kill Ronald Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.
I mean, the Straussian message is baked into the very premise of the movie.

"Someone" needs to be able to act outside of the rule of law "to protect the hive" when the government is corrupt, including assassinating family members of the acting president.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
Civil war movie as well
Secolobo
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Remember 30-40 years ago when it was the liberals complaining about who the bad guys in movies were and we all just rolled our eyes at how stupid they sounded?
You mean Indians or all of 007's white bad guys?
TexAgs91
AG
BusterAg said:

He doesn't need 3 names. Just Thomas Crooks is fine
swampstander
AG
We were actually watching it when I found out about the "popping noise that made Trump fall" (rolleyes). We paused it while Wifey went to open a bottle of wine and grab some snacks. We continued after we determined Trump seemed to be alright. We enjoyed it but chuckled quite a bit at the unintentional comedy. I think cheesy would be a good description.
BusterAg
AG
swampstander said:

I think cheesy would be a good description.
Understatement.

Cheesier than a plate of cheetos drenched in velveeta and topped with melted provolone.
BassCowboy33
BusterAg said:

swampstander said:

Understatement.

Cheesier than a plate of cheetos drenched in velveeta and topped with melted provolone.

It's pretty much the lynchpin of every Jason Statham movie. He's had serious cheese since he was deflecting missiles with a metal tray in The Transporter. If you come out of a Jason Statham movie upset, that's on you, not Statham. You don't walk out of soccer game upset nobody scored.
BusterAg
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

BusterAg said:

swampstander said:

Understatement.

It's pretty much the lynchpin of every Jason Statham movie. He's had serious cheese since he was deflecting missiles with a metal tray in The Transporter. If you come out of a Jason Statham movie upset, that's on you, not Statham. You don't walk out of soccer game upset nobody scored.

It's been a while, but he was killer when he was working with Guy Richey.
BassCowboy33
BusterAg said:

BassCowboy33 said:

BusterAg said:

swampstander said:

Understatement.

It's been a while, but he was killer when he was working with Guy Richey.

He and Ritchie actually did Wrath of Man a few years back, a very fun action film.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.