Is Carnival Cruises now the Spirit Airlines of the sea

11,958 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Maroon Dawn
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I now see almost weekly videos of incidents from The Culture on those cruises.

Anyone taken one recently?

CDUB98
AG
Yes
B-1 83
AG
Entertainment - no extra charge!
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
The Fall Guy
AG
You would never catch me on a cruise unless its a specialized cruise. That looks absolutely horrible.
YouBet
AG
I refuse to ever do a cruise unless it is exorbitantly expensive, is on a smaller boat, and is going somewhere that is hard for folks to get to.

Even then, I doubt I will ever do one. It's simply not worth the risk of this video happening plus the idea of being enclosed and corralled on a ship with no way out does not appeal to me.

Wife just had dinner with a friend who got back from a cruise and she had the double whammy of having her cruise ruined simultaneously by The Culture and the Pink Mafia on the same cruise. Her advice: never travel again in June.
Buck Turgidson
Seems to always be a certain demographic. The hood rats who fight in fast food restaurants all the time will fight on your cruise ship if you price it low enough for them to afford it. Carnival needs to move up the price ladder until this garbage can't afford it.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Last thing I'd want to be on is a nasty ass cruise ship.
No Spin Ag
The Fall Guy said:

You would never catch me on a cruise unless its a specialized cruise. That looks absolutely horrible.
This.

If the cruise is affordable to the masses, there's no way in hell I will take it.

To begin with, there are always children who make you wish that it was legal to perform an extremely late-term abortion on them, and then there are their parents who make you wish you could perform an even later late-term abortion on them. And for what, to be miserable because the boats a packed to capacity (at least during the busy season) and you're on a time limit at every place you go to? Hard pass.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
HollywoodBQ
AG
Funny about "The Culture"
A Black friend of mine used to use "The Element" to refer to presence of the Black criminal element.

Other friends of mine used different words.
IIIHorn

Cruise ships are floating Petri dishes

B-1 83
AG
Doubt I'll step foot on Carnival again because of the nature of the crowds. Royal Caribbean was much better. If I ever go on another it will be with Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, or Viking.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
45-70Ag
AG
We did a Disney cruise this past spring break. I'll take Disney's experience over that.
OregonAggie
AG
B-1 83 said:

Doubt I'll step foot on Carnival again because of the nature of the crowds. Royal Caribbean was much better. If I ever go on another it will be with Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, or Viking.

I like cruises but I'll never take another Carnival cruise and absolutely will never take another cruise out of New Orleans. The people on the NO ship were very different than that already trashy Galveston folks. Most ghetto environment I've been part of in a loooong time
Aggie4Life02
AG
Carnival is fine, but the trick is to pick the longer cruises. 7 or 8 night minimum. That will dramatically increase the level of clientele on the boat.
Love Gun

**** Joe Biden
Space-Tech
Is? Always has been.
PERSON - WOMAN - MAN - CAMERA - TV
javajaws
AG
Looks like a linebacker scouting report to me.
Sea Speed
AG
IIIHorn said:

Cruise ships are floating Petri dishes

Not just cruise ships
2025Crash
Never been on a cruise and never plan to.
textar4404
Carnival has been known to wait until the next port and offload all of the luggage for people in cabins that they confirm participated in things like that and let them find their own way home. And they are very good at identifying everyone with their facial recognition system. It gets really fun when families travel with only birth certificates and they find out that's not enough to fly back to the US in some countries.
Vince Blake
I always wanted to do one of those European river cruises to experience some of the history and architecture of Europe. Think I'd be safe from this activity on one of those.
LeonardSkinner
Video quality: A. I'm glad it wasn't blurry.
Capturing the scene: B-. I understand safety is a concern, but too much of the action was too far away or blocked.
Narration: D-. No play by play, no interesting color commentary. He knows about three curse phrases and repeats them over and over again. And, God damn… nobody has shouted Worldstar in this decade, maybe even this century.
Ginormus Ag
AG
You will be because the average age on one of those is 80. My in-laws have done 3 of them and they are great. My wife and I have talked about doing one, but it will be another 20 years or so.
YouBet
AG
Vince Blake said:

I always wanted to do one of those European river cruises to experience some of the history and architecture of Europe. Think I'd be safe from this activity on one of those.
Stay on top of local conditions before you do it. My parents did a Viking river cruise a few years ago and parts of the river were so low or dried up that they had to exit the boats on two different occasions and be driven down river to a different boat so they could continue the trip.
LeonardSkinner
The Fall Guy said:

Finally went on a cruise with my wife and BIL/SIL. Two night hop to Bahamas and back, marketed to educators, military, and first responders. No issues aside from terrible karaoke and one group (that you can probably picture in your head) that didn't arrange for a ride back to the boat and tried to steal ours.
Sid Farkas
AG
cross the street?
smucket
AG
'Man and beast shall be contented side-by-side'
Faust
JohnFootball2
Go when schools open, take a different port location, change duration of cruise, choose different companies, etc. Normally if you change 1-2 of the above steps you can normally avoid this problem.
Owlagdad
This type of behavior is learned. When they did it in the school cafeteria,,the liberal principal or one who had to be liberal, used the "restorative discipline" which was deemed up by white liberals. You talk to kid, that's it, then restore him back to class.
Lol, white liberals eventually took corporal punishment away in DISD, over the protests of blacks! Seems they knew what worked better than white liberals.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
The only cruise I'll even consider is an Alaskan cruise. The Culture seems to be deterred by cold weather and the thought of spending their time looking at scenery rather than the bottom of a plastic cup.
Sea Speed
AG
The Culture is the best thing I've seen in a long while.
Serviam
Logos Stick said:

I now see almost weekly videos of incidents from The Culture on those cruises.

Anyone taken one recently?

Can I have this narrated in a David Attenborough voice?
Hungry Ojos
Every. Single. Time.
TRX
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

A Black friend of mine used to use "The Element" to refer to presence of the Black criminal element.

Why are you capitalizing the word black?
FJB
HollywoodBQ
AG
TRX said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Why are you capitalizing the word black?
I'm not an English major but my mother was a card carrying grammar Nazi.

Here's a little piece from the Chicago Manual of Style. The rules changed after St. Floyd was martyred.

https://cmosshoptalk.com/2020/06/22/black-and-white-a-matter-of-capitalization/
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.