Surgeon General Declares a Public Health Emergency Over Gun Violence

4,076 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by JW
Ag_of_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess we can look forward to Trump signing the assault weapons ban he promised he would.
AggieDruggist89
AG
If I may add to it, the leading sheeps force the entire herd to pull teeth but keep theirs and hire sheep dogs to protect them.

Tom Fox
Ag_of_08 said:

I guess we can look forward to Trump signing the assault weapons ban he promised he would.
I'm not sure an assault weapons ban that included the AR15 would pass constitutional muster since Heller. Even the liberal justices have admitted that an AR15 is a firearm in common use now. I think it now would require a constitutional amendment.
Old May Banker
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

Yes... I'm proud we have such stalwart that's all about the most important pillars and cornerstones of conservatism to support this year... especially with regards to gun control.
aggieforester05
AG
Tom Fox said:

Ag_of_08 said:

I'm not sure an assault weapons ban that included the AR15 would pass constitutional muster since Heller. Even the liberal justices have admitted that an AR15 is a firearm in common use now. I think it now would require a constitutional amendment.
IDK...if it was passed by US congress I doubt SCOTUS would have the stones to overturn it. They seem to give way too much leeway to unconstitutional actions of congress because of "the will of the people" and whatnot. I think that is absolutely wrong and they should only judge constitutionality, but that is where we are.
Rapier108
aggieforester05 said:

Tom Fox said:

Ag_of_08 said:

IDK...if it was passed by US congress I doubt SCOTUS would have the stones to overturn it. They seem to give way too much leeway to unconstitutional actions of congress because of "the will of the people" and whatnot. I think that is absolutely wrong and they should only judge constitutionality, but that is where we are.
Yep, SCOTUS cannot be trusted to uphold the 2nd Amendment. Heck, they won't even protect the 1st anymore.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
beerad12man
AG
Kelsey Odair 09 said:

We don't need ANY fully automatic weapons on our streets. There are now fully automatic glock clips available that people can buy. Just google it.
Why do people keep saying "need"? It doesn't even have anything to do with need. 95% of what American's consume on a daily basis is not based on need. We don't need alcohol, but it kills more people than automatic guns could ever dream of. We don't need 85" TVs. Heck, we don't need sports or television at all. But people who can afford them, want them.

If I want to shoot an AR in a field and am a law abiding citizen, you're damn right I should be able to own one.

Edit: And yes, everything else said about your ignorance. But even ignoring that, it still isn't solely about need.
JW
AG
Not about gun violence, it's about control

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.