Hooters all over Texas close overnight

12,468 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Ag with kids
Squadron7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As long as there is still a Magic Time Machine open I can still feel young!
Faustus
schmellba99 said:

Hooters has been on a death spiral for a long time now.
. . .
We all knew they'd eventually go tits up.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Lake08 said:

Was at a little dive bar in Waco yesterday and a former hooters bartender was in training. Couldn't imagine her being in those rediculous outfits…
How much of a dive bar are we talking about? The Cryin' Shame?
The Cryin' Shame is probably an upgrade from any of the myriad beer joints on the "New" Dallas Highway running through Bellmead and Lacy Lakeview.

As Haggard lamented in "Are the Good Times Really Over?" they remind of a time "When a joint was a bad place to be."
Ag with kids
AG
GAC06 said:

Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Guys that go to breasteraunts are losers
Yeah...you probably like Five Guys...

Found the hooters regular
It's way in town.

I'm not leaving the beach to go to that place.

But...I did find your order...

You seem really threatened. I'm sure the breasteraunts near you appreciate your patronage.

Oh and they really like you.
Oh...so threatened. Oooooh...

Seems you know all about breastaurants, though. I'll accept your word on them then.
Ag with kids
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

LMCane said:

TAMUallen said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Honestly, who gives a **** if Hooters closes

Straight well endowed Ags do

The best thing about visiting my parents in Plano:

https://boomerjacks.com/about/

really good food, lots of TVs to watch college football games, and friendly staff. the only negative is they play music instead of the audio feed from the game.
I'm a big fan of Boomer's. Their Hurst location has been a go-to for me whenever I'm back in DFW. They have large TVs, good angles, and a nice setup. I couldn't care less what the person serving me looks like. I only care about my team winning and being in a fun atmosphere. Boomer's is great for that. A sports bar's sports bar.
I like that one. Used to work right by there.
frenchtoast
Ribeye-Rare said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Lake08 said:

Was at a little dive bar in Waco yesterday and a former hooters bartender was in training. Couldn't imagine her being in those rediculous outfits…
The Cryin' Shame is probably an upgrade from any of the myriad beer joints on the "New" Dallas Highway running through Bellmead and Lacy Lakeview.

As Haggard lamented in "Are the Good Times Really Over?" they remind of a time "When a joint was a bad place to be."
No idea what the Cryin' Shame is, but it reminded me of The Crying Game. Maybe a trans-themed breastaurant would fare better than Hooters in this age.
EclipseAg
AG
In a sagging economy, it's tough to push up sales.
BTHOB-98
Take it to the Entertainment Board
Four Seasons Landscaping
Yeah, umm, don't look up anything about this on X.
2040huck
The hooters in Beaumont never had more than 10 cars or so at lunch. No wonder it was shut down
CanyonAg77
AG

HollywoodBQ
AG
Sea Speed said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Sea Speed said:

There used to be a TON in Webster but they mostly went belly up over the last several years. Bombshells, tilted kilt, tight ends all closed up shop. There may have been more.
Bombshells at Fuqua and 45 is still doing very well. Didn't know there was one in Webster.

You have to have a death wish to go in there. The restaurants I mentioned were all very short lived and iirc Webster had the most brestaurants per capita at one point
Full disclosure - I've only been to the Bombshells at Fuqua during daylight hours.

I've driven past it late on Friday and Saturday nights and based on the cars parked out front, no chance I'm stopping there at night.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Ribeye-Rare said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Lake08 said:

The only bar I've ever been to North/East of the Brazos in Waco is Brotherwell Brewing. It's pretty decent.
Zero chance I'd ever go in any of those dives in Bellmead / Lacy Lakeview.
Ag with kids
AG
EclipseAg said:

In a sagging economy, it's tough to push up sales.

It wasn't the sagging SALES at Hooters that caused them to close...
Faustus
NM.
Tabasco
AG
Will probably get banned for the second time in 22 years (1st was bc I posted a pic of a Cheeto lol). Twin Peaks used to be a sponsor on Texags, but got "fired" once Texags went (relatively) woke. In their defense, they probably had 1-2 people that raised hell… I could make a short list of 5 and would probably be right.
TTUArmy
2040huck said:

The hooters in Beaumont never had more than 10 cars or so at lunch. No wonder it was shut down
Same here in Lubbock. Although Hooters isn't shut down, the only time it looks somewhat busy is during football season. Most times, there are maybe 2-3 cars in the parking lot; and they are probably delivery drivers.
EX TEXASEX
Sorry, I can't remember where I saw it but testosterone level and sperm levels are just dropping year after year. Which is not good obviously.
#FJB
smucket
AG
FIDO95 said:

My wife took her dad on a father-daughter trip to Germany 12-15 years ago. He is a farmer and cattleman still working the family farm in Kansas and had always wanted to see Europe. Anyway, some how they got separated while sightseeing. My wife set off to find him. Low and behold, there mixed in with the old town German architecture was a Hooters. She knew exactly where to find him!

When she got to his table, she asked him, "Dad, what are you doing?". He replied, "I'm looking for the pretty blondes. Where do you find them? Look at that one over there" while pointing to a burly Frau. I think she could take me!".
Mildly similar story...
Wife and I do bike tours, mostly in Europe. A few years back we did one in the Czech Republic, where we spent five days out in the country and ended up in Prague. We were very tired of the Czech country food, which was mostly carp (eck), some chicken, some weird soup, etc. When we got to Prague we were dying for something that felt 'normal'. First place we came across (ahem) was a Hooters. We always liked their wings, and it looked like the one we used to go to in the West End in Dallas, so we went in.

Best experience, food was perfect, better than any other Hooters I've been to. Wait staff was cute and actually attentive. Beer was cold. NBA was on TV. They had their act together.

To make it politics related, a former Soviet block country had a much better Hooters than any US franchise I can remember.
techno-ag
AG
It's funny the franchises in Europe that do well. For years TGI Fridays was solid. No idea what it's like these days.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
itsyourboypookie
TTUArmy said:

2040huck said:

Same here in Lubbock. Although Hooters isn't shut down, the only time it looks somewhat busy is during football season. Most times, there are maybe 2-3 cars in the parking lot; and they are probably delivery drivers.

It is shut down
Psycho Bunny
Oh no, another over priced wing place closing up restaurants.

Americans new motto
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate

The universe is cold and unfeeling, the only constant is chaos.

The game of life is rigged death always wins.
Gilligan
AG
My wife likes their breaded wings.

Have never liked Hooters wings or food.

Most of the girls look like a can of busted biscuits.
RGV AG
AG
Quote:

In what seems like a different life, a long time ago, in times almost forgotten, almost, I have been to the Cryin' Shame bar a few times. Waco, TX correct? Gotta be. Early 90's, smoking was still allowed in them and everyone in there who spoke sounded like the gargled with sandpaper. Bartender, with a raspy voice and a PallMall hanging from her lips called me "hon". Not many places left like that, I miss them.
Jetpilot86
AG
Two in Louisville, Kentucky closed as well.
EMY92
AG
I've kind of been craving wings from Hooters for the past few months, but the few times I've driven by the local Hooters, it was empty, I assumed that that everything had gone downhill there. It was one of the ones closed, so I will not satisfy that craving. It may have helped their business if I had gone there in the past decade.
nai06
AG
Texas Wings (the franchise owner in TX) will probably end up folding completely. The quality of what was being served has been suffering for years, covid just really sped up the process. Just based on personal experiences, they have gradually started trying to lower costs by purchasing cheaper/lower quality ingredients and that really hurt the end product. As was mentioned before, they aren't the only player in the wing or breastraunt game.
2000AgPhD
I can pretty much guarantee that Twin Peaks killed the Bryan Hooters. Went to TP to watch a game - 39 minute wait for a table. Went to Hooters and there were maybe six or seven people, and two were staff waiting to start a shift. TP has much better food. Not overly impressed with the waitstaff at either. Too many tats.
JABQ04
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

TyHolden said:

Twin Peaks is doing well
Twin Peaks in Webster by I-45 and NASA Rd 1 is fire.

Yes it is!
Ag with kids
AG
smucket said:

FIDO95 said:

My wife took her dad on a father-daughter trip to Germany 12-15 years ago. He is a farmer and cattleman still working the family farm in Kansas and had always wanted to see Europe. Anyway, some how they got separated while sightseeing. My wife set off to find him. Low and behold, there mixed in with the old town German architecture was a Hooters. She knew exactly where to find him!

When she got to his table, she asked him, "Dad, what are you doing?". He replied, "I'm looking for the pretty blondes. Where do you find them? Look at that one over there" while pointing to a burly Frau. I think she could take me!".
Mildly similar story...
Wife and I do bike tours, mostly in Europe. A few years back we did one in the Czech Republic, where we spent five days out in the country and ended up in Prague. We were very tired of the Czech country food, which was mostly carp (eck), some chicken, some weird soup, etc. When we got to Prague we were dying for something that felt 'normal'. First place we came across (ahem) was a Hooters. We always liked their wings, and it looked like the one we used to go to in the West End in Dallas, so we went in.

Best experience, food was perfect, better than any other Hooters I've been to. Wait staff was cute and actually attentive. Beer was cold. NBA was on TV. They had their act together.

To make it politics related, a former Soviet block country had a much better Hooters than any US franchise I can remember.
The difference over there is that they're allowed to discriminate.

And the pool of smoke show women in Eastern Europe is large.
Ag with kids
AG
techno-ag said:

It's funny the franchises in Europe that do well. For years TGI Fridays was solid. No idea what it's like these days.
People over the world want a piece of "America".
Ag with kids
AG
BTW, another data point in the "is Hooter's closed" study...

I'm in Harlingen the next couple of nights (working in Port Mansfield, but I am not staying in that ****ty hotel there). Decided to do UberEats here for dinner.

Yep. Hooters was an option.

I got Chinese, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.