Hooters all over Texas close overnight

12,473 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Ag with kids
The Kraken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still love Hooters' wings.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
IIIHorn

I have only been to one Hooters.

The food was horrible and the overweight staff was dressed like a busted can of biscuits.

B-1 83
AG
Is Raisins still open?

Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
torrid
AG
The brand has been kind of heading downhill.

Independence H-D
I was waiting for pictures on this thread......

This is not the picture I was waiting for.......
CanyonAg77
AG
Independence H-D said:

I was waiting for pictures on this thread......

This is not the picture I was waiting for.......

I was hoping for Hooters girls

Not the ones who ate the Hooters girls
LMCane
TAMUallen said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Honestly, who gives a **** if Hooters closes

Straight well endowed Ags do

The best thing about visiting my parents in Plano:

https://boomerjacks.com/about/

really good food, lots of TVs to watch college football games, and friendly staff. the only negative is they play music instead of the audio feed from the game.
LMCane
Ag with kids said:

They were literally just renovating the Hooters here in Corpus a couple weeks ago. It had been closed since covid.

I'll look on Wed when I head out to Port Mansfield to see if it's still open.

ETA: nvm...I just checked on Uber Eats and they'll deliver to the island tonight.
I can't think of a worse idea than ordering remote delivery from a Hooters..

literally the exact OPPOSITE of the reason to eat Hooters food.
BassCowboy33
LMCane said:

TAMUallen said:

well_endowed_ag said:

The best thing about visiting my parents in Plano:

https://boomerjacks.com/about/

really good food, lots of TVs to watch college football games, and friendly staff. the only negative is they play music instead of the audio feed from the game.
I'm a big fan of Boomer's. Their Hurst location has been a go-to for me whenever I'm back in DFW. They have large TVs, good angles, and a nice setup. I couldn't care less what the person serving me looks like. I only care about my team winning and being in a fun atmosphere. Boomer's is great for that. A sports bar's sports bar.
doubledog
TAMUallen said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Rich pampered Ags went to Hooters? News to me.
BassCowboy33
doubledog said:

TAMUallen said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Rich pampered Ags went to Hooters? News to me.
Yeah, "rich" isn't exactly how I'd describe Hooter's clientele. It's basically the trailer park of sports bars.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Lake08 said:

Was at a little dive bar in Waco yesterday and a former hooters bartender was in training. Couldn't imagine her being in those rediculous outfits…
How much of a dive bar are we talking about? The Cryin' Shame?
Sea Speed
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Sea Speed said:

There used to be a TON in Webster but they mostly went belly up over the last several years. Bombshells, tilted kilt, tight ends all closed up shop. There may have been more.
Bombshells at Fuqua and 45 is still doing very well. Didn't know there was one in Webster.

You have to have a death wish to go in there. The restaurants I mentioned were all very short lived and iirc Webster had the most brestaurants per capita at one point
schmellba99
AG
Sea Speed said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Sea Speed said:

There used to be a TON in Webster but they mostly went belly up over the last several years. Bombshells, tilted kilt, tight ends all closed up shop. There may have been more.
Bombshells at Fuqua and 45 is still doing very well. Didn't know there was one in Webster.

You have to have a death wish to go in there. The restaurants I mentioned were all very short lived and iirc Webster had the most brestaurants per capita at one point
I went to that Bombshells once not too long after it opened. Only time I went, that place was sketch even when it was brand new. Girls were meh, food was meh.
Sea Speed
AG
No Spin Ag said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

They got passed by better food and better looking chicks...

Bombshells
Twin Peaks
Tight Ends
Etc.

This.

For all that Hooters was, it now is that place the older generation uses to go to when they were younger.

There's so many better options now, and the newer places even have food that you'll actually enjoy eating, or so I've heard.

A guy helping me try to get on with a company for a while always wanted to go to hooters so I was going fairly frequently for a while. Not gonna lie, the pickle chips and buffalo chicken sandwich are fire.
schmellba99
AG
Hooters has been on a death spiral for a long time now.

As others have said, the quality of their waitresses has gone way, way downhill. Too much of the "need to include everybody" garbage. People went to Hooters mostly to look at the waitresses, because the food has never been all that great. But the beer was always cold, the waitresses used to be worth the trip and they knew how to flirt enough to make it fun to go. Most of the time the wives weren't mad about the guys going there like they would have been at a titty bar or Tight Ends.

The last time I went to one my waitress was pregnant. Very pregnant. And she didn't have much of a personality. I mean, you can be a beetchy chick to some degree if you are hot, but if you aren't - you need to make up for it with personality. An average looking to ugly waitress at Hooters with a crap personality isn't why folks went. That was probably 15 years ago and I don't think I've been back to one since. Seems like the last 3-4 times I went the nostalgia wasn't there and the whole experience was just one of going to a dive-y feeling joint to eat mediocre wings.

Their menu was also limited, and the food was average at best if you were to be honest. Twin Peaks has average food as well, but at least the menu is pretty diverse and the handful of times I've been the waitresses were easy on the eyes and spent time talking with us. I know it's all about their tips, and that's fine.

A large part of that restaurant concept losing market share across the board is likely also due to the changing times. Women being exploited, etc. that wasn't as much of a thing 20-30 years ago that is now.

But man...back in the day the Hooters at 45 and NASA1 and the one at NASA1 and 146 had some serious talent.
Sea Speed
AG
Sea Speed said:

No Spin Ag said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

They got passed by better food and better looking chicks...

Bombshells
Twin Peaks
Tight Ends
Etc.

This.

For all that Hooters was, it now is that place the older generation uses to go to when they were younger.

There's so many better options now, and the newer places even have food that you'll actually enjoy eating, or so I've heard.

A guy helping me try to get on with a company for a while always wanted to go to hooters so I was going fairly frequently for a while. Not gonna lie, the pickle chips and buffalo chicken sandwich are fire.

And I just texted him and our go to Seabrook location shuttered. Place was always dead so not surprising.
No Spin Ag
schmellba99 said:

Sea Speed said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Sea Speed said:

I went to that Bombshells once not too long after it opened. Only time I went, that place was sketch even when it was brand new. Girls were meh, food was meh.

I've experienced the same when I've been at one of these newer places.

Like someone previously mentioned, the truly attractive ones that would normally be at these places are making money hand over first by just doing their thing online. I don't blame them either, they can make more money and don't have new grossed out by men their father's age finding all kinds of ways to paw at them.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Sea Speed
AG
One thing I never understood were people that had family dinners at hooters. Wtf. Taking your kids there is already bad enough but then take your SO as well? Wtf.
BassCowboy33
Sea Speed said:

One thing I never understood were people that had family dinners at hooters. Wtf. Taking your kids there is already bad enough but then take your SO as well? Wtf.

I saw a woman take young child to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, when it came out. When I was covering the Atlanta Juneteenth parade last weekend, there was a pre-teen dance group in the parade dancing to music so foul that I couldn't use the audio in the story. I really don't get it.
schmellba99
AG
Sea Speed said:

This will come as a shock to your Puritan lifestyle, but a whole lot of chicks enjoyed going to Hooters. More than once it was the females in our circle that suggested going there when we wanted to go out for food and beer. Fun is fun, and in its heyday most Hooters were a fun place to go.

Chicks like looking at other good looking chicks almost as much as guys do, shocking I know.

Imma let you in on a secret as well - better sit down for this - some chicks like to go to nudie bars too! Sometimes with their husband/boyfriend even!
No Spin Ag
schmellba99 said:

Sea Speed said:

This will come as a shock to your Puritan lifestyle, but a whole lot of chicks enjoyed going to Hooters. More than once it was the females in our circle that suggested going there when we wanted to go out for food and beer. Fun is fun, and in its heyday most Hooters were a fun place to go.

Chicks like looking at other good looking chicks almost as much as guys do, shocking I know.

Imma let you in on a secret as well - better sit down for this - some chicks like to go to nudie bars too! Sometimes with their husband/boyfriend even!

Next you'll tell us that married Christian family men also go to those places too.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Cromagnum
AG
The food was never anything special, and once the scenery went south and better competition showed up, there wasn't a point. I haven't been inside a hooters in like 20 years.
Sea Speed
AG
If you reread my post, you will see I am talking about family outings. First, I mentioned taking kids, then I included the SO to make it a family affair.

Any woman that wants to go to titty bars is not a quality woman and any man that wants to take his woman to one has no respect for her. Same can be said for brestaurants to a lesser degree.
No Spin Ag
Sea Speed said:

If you reread my post, you will see I am talking about family outings. First, I mentioned taking kids, then I included the SO to make it a family affair.

Any woman that wants to go to titty bars is not a quality woman and any man that wants to take his woman to one has no respect for her. Same can be said for brestaurants to a lesser degree.

Couldn't agree more.
schmellba99
AG
No Spin Ag said:

schmellba99 said:

Sea Speed said:

Next you'll tell us that married Christian family men also go to those places too.
Shhhh!
schmellba99
AG
Sea Speed said:

How many burkas do you let your wife have in her closet?
Sea Speed
AG
She doesn't need one because she is a self respecting woman with a sense of modesty. I truly don't understand how this is so controversial to you that you feel the need to bring it up so frequently. I intend to raise my daughter's in the exact same manner. The horror.
Tree Hugger
AG
The last time I have been to a Hooters was 4 years ago for my son's 21st birthday. The wings were not good (I had previously enjoyed them though) and the talent was not impressive at all.

Twin Peaks actually has some pretty good food. Before we moved away my wife and I would go there to visit an old friend who was a manager at one of the FW locations.

I went there with some coworkers once and my friend was working and they asked how my friend managed to avoid getting trouble with all the young scantily clad talent around. I said "that's easy, he's gay."
BluHorseShu
AG
TAMUallen said:

GAC06 said:

TAMUallen said:

GAC06 said:

Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Guys that go to breasteraunts are losers
Yeah...you probably like Five Guys...

Found the hooters regular
It's way in town.

I'm not leaving the beach to go to that place.

But...I did find your order...

You seem really threatened. I'm sure the breasteraunts near you appreciate your patronage.

Oh and they really like you.

It's ok man, he owned you.

Found the other hooters regular.

That'd be nice! But nope it has been way too long. Thanks for reminding me to go get some wings and see some boobs as I eat
Found the after church regular...
BluHorseShu
AG
schmellba99 said:

Sea Speed said:

How many burkas do you let your wife have in her closet?
This is funny. Trying to be a more Christian nation doesn't equate to muslim extremism.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Hooter's heydey was 20+ years ago when they were one of a few spots serving wings and they had cornered the market on their style of servers. Now that everyone has wings and there are other options for "better" food and better looking servers, Hooters is not a player.
Gigem314
AG

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Cromagnum said:

The food was never anything special, and once the scenery went south and better competition showed up, there wasn't a point. I haven't been inside a hooters in like 20 years.
pretty much what everyone else on this thread has said. The concept itself is stale.

Girls attractive enough for this back in the day have other means to get money. And the newer competition at least has the wherewithal to hire the eye candy as "models who serve" instead of outright waitresses. Girls that are still working at a hooters usually max out at "thick"/"muffin top" and are generally worse looking than that.
javajaws
AG
Never been to a Hooters but me and the wife like Twin Peaks and Bone Daddy's (well, before Covid closed ours).

What is it about Bombshells that seems to attract primarily black people? Did they market themselves for that audience or did it just happen?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.