Hooters all over Texas close overnight

12,341 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Ag with kids
itsyourboypookie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seen an article that the hooter's in Wichita Falls closed on Saturday without notice, now my newsfeed is flooded with the Waco Hooter's closing.

The model seemed doomed for awhile, but the last few times I went the food was good, but staff was 2/10 and service was terrible. The one in Waco had a bunch of 60 biker regulars and zero dudes in their 20's

Are all breastraunts doomed? Has the younger generation been taught they can't enjoy the company of hot women, beer, and sports? Is this why gen z isn't breeding?

Or is this just Joe Biden's economy doing what it do?
TyHolden
AG
Twin Peaks is doing well
well_endowed_ag
Honestly, who gives a **** if Hooters closes
Sea Speed
AG
There used to be a TON in Webster but they mostly went belly up over the last several years. Bombshells, tilted kilt, tight ends all closed up shop. There may have been more.
itsyourboypookie
well_endowed_ag said:

The people who work there
rmarshall2014
AG
Calm down... Hooters hasnt been cool in like 20 years.
TAMUallen
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

Straight well endowed Ags do
Logos Stick
Boys today have an average of 20% less testosterone than their fathers. Might be a factor.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
They got passed by better food and better looking chicks...

Bombshells
Twin Peaks
Tight Ends
Etc.
one safe place
itsyourboypookie said:

Seen an article that the hooter's in Wichita Falls closed on Saturday without notice, now my newsfeed is flooded with the Waco Hooter's closing.

The model seemed doomed for awhile, but the last few times I went the food was good, but staff was 2/10 and service was terrible. The one in Waco had a bunch of 60 biker regulars and zero dudes in their 20's

Are all breastraunts doomed? Has the younger generation been taught they can't enjoy the company of hot women, beer, and sports? Is this why gen z isn't breeding?

It's sort of an older dude concept to begin with. Dudes in their 20s getting the real thing so don't need a place like Hooter's, older dudes aren't as often so choose to go.
Jeeper79
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

You probably answered your own question when you said the wait staff was 2/10.
C@LAg
haven't been missed in years.
SunrayAg
AG
Used to go to hooters all the time in my 20's.

Not so much in the last 25 years.

I did go to twin peaks a while back. Skanky tatted up waitresses, and bad, overpriced food. No reason to go back.
TAMUallen
AG
one safe place said:

itsyourboypookie said:

It's sort of an older dude concept to begin with. Dudes in their 20s getting the real thing so don't need a place like Hooter's, older dudes aren't as often so choose to go.

When I was in highschool we loved hooters. Hell one of my teammates took a waitress to prom
Ag with kids
AG
They were literally just renovating the Hooters here in Corpus a couple weeks ago. It had been closed since covid.

I'll look on Wed when I head out to Port Mansfield to see if it's still open.

ETA: nvm...I just checked on Uber Eats and they'll deliver to the island tonight.
BCG Disciple
AG
The Hooters in Bryan closed.
Gator92
AG
Quote:

Nah.

Replacements on the way...

CheeseSndwch
SpreadsheetAg said:

Bombshells
Twin Peaks
Tight Ends
Etc.

Ojos Locos
Waffledynamics
AG
The very small amount of times I've been to a Hooters, the staff seemed miserable and the food was just okay.

I don't get the appeal. I wouldn't even go if a vendor wasn't paying.
GAC06
AG
Guys that go to breasteraunts are losers
Ag with kids
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Bombshells
Twin Peaks
Tight Ends
Etc.

Ojos Locos
Yeah...the one off 35 in Austin was scary. Never seen so many uniformed cops in a restaurant...for security. At least 3.

And every TV was on soccer.

So my GF and I left...I don't watch gay stuff like that.

Did see someone smoking pot about 10 ft from the off duty cop that was at the door, though.
aggie93
AG
I actually liked their wings and of course it was nice scenery.

My memory of Hooters will always be that it was my Father in Law's favorite place (he was a single Dad for her, tough West Texas Redneck but loved his daughter). When my wife and I were still dating he was in a bad mood about something and she just said "Let's go to Hooters!" He immediately perked up and the day was saved and my wife was just happy to see her Daddy smile and the day was saved.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Ag with kids
AG
GAC06 said:

Yeah...you probably like Five Guys...
El Gallo Blanco
Gator92 said:

Quote:

Nah.

Replacements on the way...

Gangland shootings and brawls seem to be a routine thing at pretty much every Bombshells location in Houston.
FJB
AG
Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

And likely best buds with Mark May
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Hooters all over Texas close overnight

My first thought was that Bill Clinton must have died.
FIDO95
AG
aggie93 said:

I actually liked their wings and of course it was nice scenery.

My memory of Hooters will always be that it was my Father in Law's favorite place (he was a single Dad for her, tough West Texas Redneck but loved his daughter). When my wife and I were still dating he was in a bad mood about something and she just said "Let's go to Hooters!" He immediately perked up and the day was saved and my wife was just happy to see her Daddy smile and the day was saved.
My wife took her dad on a father-daughter trip to Germany 12-15 years ago. He is a farmer and cattleman still working the family farm in Kansas and had always wanted to see Europe. Anyway, some how they got separated while sightseeing. My wife set off to find him. Low and behold, there mixed in with the old town German architecture was a Hooters. She knew exactly where to find him!

When she got to his table, she asked him, "Dad, what are you doing?". He replied, "I'm looking for the pretty blondes. Where do you find them? Look at that one over there" while pointing to a burly Frau. I think she could take me!".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GAC06
AG
Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Found the hooters regular
HollywoodBQ
AG
TyHolden said:

Twin Peaks is doing well
Twin Peaks in Webster by I-45 and NASA Rd 1 is fire.
EX TEXASEX
Logos Stick said:

Boys today have an average of 20% less testosterone than their fathers. Might be a factor.
I heard just recently that an 18 y.o, today has the same testosterone of a soldier on D Day had when that soldier turned 65 years old !!!. I believe it. When I hear young males speaking today, so many sound effeminate. Even men who are straight do not sound manly at all. I mean if you hear just their voice and had to guess if they were straight or gay, you would think gay!! The conspiracy theorist in me thinks there are forces behind the scenes making it happen. A nations of limp wristed soy boys make the perfect population for the revolution to go over without a hitch.
#FJB
HollywoodBQ
AG
Sea Speed said:

There used to be a TON in Webster but they mostly went belly up over the last several years. Bombshells, tilted kilt, tight ends all closed up shop. There may have been more.
Bombshells at Fuqua and 45 is still doing very well. Didn't know there was one in Webster.
Ag with kids
AG
GAC06 said:

Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Found the hooters regular
It's way in town.

I'm not leaving the beach to go to that place.

But...I did find your order...

HollywoodBQ
AG
rmarshall2014 said:

Calm down... Hooters hasnt been cool in like 20 years.
Went there in Austin with my Father and some of his construction co-workers circa 1997 and it felt gross then.

Surprisingly though, they had one in Parramatta, New South Wales near my Jeep dealership and I went there every time I needed service. The orange shorts are still gross but if you like tasty Filipina and Vietnamese girls, I do recommend it.
gkaggie08
AG
Me and a few buddies always do a Christmas shopping trip right before Christmas. More of a drink beer, buy a few things for the wife type trip. This past Christmas, the place we usually eat at was closed for their company Christmas party, so we ended up at the Hooters in WF. 10 pm and there was only one other diner when we walked in. Food was good, waitress was good, and looked even better, but I'm surprised it took this long for that location to close. That was the first time I had stepped into a hooters since I was in high school.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Ag with kids said:

They were literally just renovating the Hooters here in Corpus a couple weeks ago. It had been closed since covid.

I'll look on Wed when I head out to Port Mansfield to see if it's still open.

ETA: nvm...I just checked on Uber Eats and they'll deliver to the island tonight.
I can't imagine anybody ordering Uber Eats from Hooters - ever.

Do the send you a selfie with the order or something?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.