How many conspiracy theory participants does it take to dismiss the theory?

5,168 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by LMCane
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully he took my advice. He was pretty clearly not seeking legitimate discussion.
jamey
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Hopefully he took my advice. He was pretty clearly not seeking legitimate discussion.

I was looking for legitimate discussion and got one legitimate answer from the person who blames the uniparty. That's logical but others blaming the Ds, while the Rs can't do anything about it but whine, not so much.

Another person saying the Ds look to win while Rs look to do their jobs may have a point but would need a better explanation
Burdizzo
AG
rocky the dog said:

Mind blown ...

Ellis Wyatt
You still haven't acknowledged that many of yesterday's conspiracy theories are today's facts.

The problem is that our government has become massive. It was never intended to be this way. It is so large that it is no longer government of, by, and for the people, it is self-serving. The government is not working for the people, the people are working for the government. That is why the richest counties in America are those that surround Washington D.C.

It is not a mystery. Everything the government is doing involves taking money and power away from the people it pretends to serve. The people who work in it don't want the gravy train stopped. The people who are supposed to represent us want their slice of the pie. The government will stop at nothing to protect its power.

If you cannot see this now, you never will.
Stressboy
AG
jamey said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

I was looking for legitimate discussion and got one legitimate answer from the person who blames the uniparty. That's logical but others blaming the Ds, while the Rs can't do anything about it but whine, not so much.

Another person saying the Ds look to win while Rs look to do their jobs may have a point but would need a better explanation

And yet you ignored my answer to keep up your game. What you call conspiracy theories are nothing but propaganda and you are either someone who believes the propaganda or you are a purveyor of it.
jamey
AG
Stressboy said:

jamey said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

And yet you ignored my answer to keep up your game. What you call conspiracy theories are nothing but propaganda and you are either someone who believes the propaganda or you are a purveyor of it.

You are picking and choosing your media. I already said above both CNN and FoxNews are guilty of propaganda. FoxNews is bigger than CNN, MSNBC and a bunch of others combined so they count just like CNN and MSNBC. They all cover "news" to match how they lean. It's mostly infotainment. I don't even have live TV unless it's football season nowadays.

We desperately need a real news industry in this country, a 4th estate
Tea Party
jamey said:

Stressboy said:

jamey said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

You are picking and choosing your media. I already said above both CNN and FoxNews are guilty of propaganda. FoxNews is bigger than CNN, MSNBC and a bunch of others combined so they count just like CNN and MSNBC. They all cover "news" to match how they lean. It's mostly infotainment. I don't even have live TV unless it's football season nowadays.

A significant portion of the conspiracy theories, or future facts if we're going by the trend in how a lot have been proven right over time, are the result of the first three estates being too large.

We desperately need the first three estates to be significantly reduced in size and power, then the scope of conspiracy theory talk will automatically be reduced as a result.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Funky Winkerbean
AG
jamey said:

Stressboy said:

jamey said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Rather than focusing on political lean, try focusing on which media outlet is most accurate.
Stressboy
AG
I'm saying that you are playing with words. An accusation is not a conspiracy theory especially if it can be proven true or false (probabilities count here).

As for the a true news source I was working on a way for each group to rate news articles individually and then compare how red, purple, and blue rated the articles. Expose how each group thought it was false. It was going to be called True Unbiased News and be an aggregator of truth as voted on the different tribes and an exposer of propaganda from both sides of be aisle, but alas Covid killed that startup.

During my extensive research into everything going on, I found there were individual articles all over the media landscape which were not full of crap, but they were occasional. One huff post article out of 50 for example, but if you could get all the decent articles from all the sources in one place, then wouldn't that be something.

Back to you OP, I'm saying your entire premise is wrong because you label something one way and half the country doesn't maybe it's your labels and not half the country that is full of it.
LMCane
weak minds can't comprehend reality

so must seek solace in conspiracy theories to avoid their own defeats and poor situations.
jamey
AG
Tea Party said:

jamey said:

Stressboy said:

jamey said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

A significant portion of the conspiracy theories, or future facts if we're going by the trend in how a lot have been proven right over time, are the result of the first three estates being too large.

We desperately need the first three estates to be significantly reduced in size and power, then the scope of conspiracy theory talk will automatically be reduced as a result.

Good answer but also need a real 4th estate. Right now it's infotainment and that's a big problem imo. The 4th estate is largely non existent
jamey
AG
Stressboy said:

I'm saying that you are playing with words. An accusation is not a conspiracy theory especially if it can be proven true or false (probabilities count here).

As for the a true news source I was working on a way for each group to rate news articles individually and then compare how red, purple, and blue rated the articles. Expose how each group thought it was false. It was going to be called True Unbiased News and be an aggregator of truth as voted on the different tribes and an exposer of propaganda from both sides of be aisle, but alas Covid killed that startup.

During my extensive research into everything going on, I found there were individual articles all over the media landscape which were not full of crap, but they were occasional. One huff post article out of 50 for example, but if you could get all the decent articles from all the sources in one place, then wouldn't that be something.

I hope that works out, it would be good and also may push them to be more real if it catches on

Back to you OP, I'm saying your entire premise is wrong because you label something one way and half the country doesn't maybe it's your labels and not half the country that is full of it.

I'm asking this forum which is a heavy right lean to explain their own
Jabin
jamey said:

Anyone notice how many political conspiracy theories have an impossibly large number of participants?

I'm curious if others have noticed. I'm not interested in digging into them all, but in general it seems like a trend to me. It's always the left is doing something and dispite being ~ half the population the right can't stop them.
Are you perhaps confusing "conspiracy" with "secret conspiracy"? I agree that for a conspiracy to remain a secret, the numbers of people involved need to be low. But if you don't need the conspiracy to be a secret, then why should there be any limit on the number of participants?

Also, today's conspiracies aren't formal agreements. For example, a few years ago it was revealed that hundreds if not thousands of leftist journalists were participating in a closed, private social media account. They didn't necessarily "agree" on anything, but they essentially got identical talking points from that social media account.

And some of these "conspiracies" are right in front of our faces. For example, the 50 or so security "experts" who jointly published a letter denouncing the Hunter Biden laptop as Russian disinformation. We now know that it was not Russian disinformation. Those "experts" obviously conspired to publish a letter that they either knew was false or simply didn't care.
PacoPicoPiedra
AG
jamey said:

Anyone notice how many political conspiracy theories have an impossibly large number of participants?

I'm curious if others have noticed. I'm not interested in digging into them all, but in general it seems like a trend to me. It's always the left is doing something and dispite being ~ half the population the right can't stop them.
It's not that they can't, the political right has no desire to stop them because they're all on the same gravy train. As long as the dog and pony show of supposed pushback continues, the infighting and finger pointing at either the right or the left from the voters will continue. Our two party political system is nothing more than two sides of the same coin, they have common goals and work in concert but make it look like they oppose one another. It's all bull****, the entire system is better off to be dismantled, specifically the bureaucracy.
Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Moderates and their flat out refusal to question anything the left does is why we have gotten to where we are. Conservatives get called "conspiracy theorists". I call it questioning an untrustworthy government. It's funny how many of those "conspiracy theories" have turned out to be right. There are too many moderates in this country that love to act like they are above it all because they don't question anything.
RandyLahey1013
Can you find me a video of a plane landing on the front lawn of the pentagon?

Thanks
jamey
AG
PacoPicoPiedra said:

jamey said:

It's not that they can't, the political right has no desire to stop them because they're all on the same gravy train. As long as the dog and pony show of supposed pushback continues, the infighting and finger pointing at either the right or the left from the voters will continue. Our two party political system is nothing more than two sides of the same coin, they have common goals and work in concert but make it look like they oppose one another. It's all bull****, the entire system is better off to be dismantled, specifically the bureaucracy.

I suspect there's a lot of truth to this. The concentrated voter concerns with so many social issues is probably a good distraction from whatever they really want to do also, imo.
Ellis Wyatt
jamey said:

You are picking and choosing your media. I already said above both CNN and FoxNews are guilty of propaganda. FoxNews is bigger than CNN, MSNBC and a bunch of others combined so they count just like CNN and MSNBC.
And yet 85+% of "journalists" in this country are leftists. They barely hide it anymore.
aggiehawg
AG
From a mutiny at WaPo post.
Quote:

Please take note that no one at the Post is angry about their employer's role in any of this…

LINK
jamey
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

jamey said:

You are picking and choosing your media. I already said above both CNN and FoxNews are guilty of propaganda. FoxNews is bigger than CNN, MSNBC and a bunch of others combined so they count just like CNN and MSNBC.
And yet 85+% of "journalists" in this country are leftists. They barely hide it anymore.

Probably something like that.

I don't know if thats a chicken or the egg thing with FoxNews being so much bigger than CNN, MSNBC, Huff post...etc combined or not but Fox has the right leaning news market pretty well cornered
aggiehawg
AG
Yuu have the list that I posted above.

Please dispute each on of them, including links.

TIA.
Ellis Wyatt
He won't because he can't.
jamey
AG
aggiehawg said:

TIA.

I'm not wasting time on breitbart any more than I'm wasting time on MSNBC. And I said in the OP, I'm not here looking to debate a bunch of these things but rather looking for an explanation for the big picture as posted. And I've received several good responses.
Ellis Wyatt
You're intellectually dishonest.
Ag In Ok
AG
How many people knew the Lusitania was loaded with weapons and ammo? From the shipping company, insurer, dock workers, staff, etc. a lot.
aggiehawg
AG
jamey said:

aggiehawg said:

TIA.

I'm not wasting time on breitbart any more than I'm wasting time on MSNBC. And I said in the OP, I'm not here looking to debate a bunch of these things but rather looking for an explanation for the big picture as posted. And I've received several good responses.
So you won't waste time on what WaPo published? All of those are WaPo links.
YouBet
AG
jamey said:

aggiehawg said:

TIA.

More than once you asked for examples and then when given those examples you crawfish out of it or shoot the messenger. You are dismissing facts (there is nothing to debate with most of these - they happened) that provide context to the question you asked as if they are not relevant when they are the very reason why we can no longer dismiss "conspiracy theories" out of hand.
jamey
AG
YouBet said:

jamey said:

aggiehawg said:

TIA.

More than once you asked for examples and then when given those examples you crawfish out of it or shoot the messenger. You are dismissing facts (there is nothing to debate with most of these - they happened) that provide context to the question you asked as if they are not relevant when they are the very reason why we can no longer dismiss "conspiracy theories" out of hand.

I never once asked for examples. I was asked to give examples and gave 1 with the stolen election. In fact I made it clear in the OP I'm not here to debate the details of a bunch of different topics and that this was a broad question.
Ellis Wyatt
Yeah, too sharp for this board. Leave us intellectual lightweights to our own devices.
jamey
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Yeah, too sharp for this board. Leave us intellectual lightweights to our own devices.

Actually I think the answer to my question may have been given by 2 people, one using the uniparty term and another saying the R and Ds are on the same gravy train. At least I think that could part of the answer, pwrhaps its a big piece of the pie. I don't think it's an easy question, especially given the lack of a good 4th estate. We're all more in the dark nowadays imo

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I never once asked for examples. I was asked to give examples and gave 1 with the stolen election. In fact I made it clear in the OP I'm not here to debate the details of a bunch of different topics and that this was a broad question.
Well, honey...I am the Ol' Broad here so respond to my post.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I'll take a bite. You asked "How many" and the answer is 1. It takes 1 person, a very specific person.

To bring down a conspiracy you need 1 person who stands to gain more from publicizing the conspiracy than they can gain from letting it continue.

At the end of the day, every individual acts in their own, perceived, self interest.
FrankK
AG
rgvag11
Dr grimes conspiracy equation
Ellis Wyatt
There are no longer any thinkers on the left. They're authoritarians. They'll lie and smear and name call and then tell you it's just your imagination.

The Lisa Page and Peter Strzok texts are proof that there was a conspiracy. The fact that no one has been prosecuted is proof there still is one and that it's big.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.