No tax on tips

7,410 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by VegasAg86
SA68AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Political genius by Trump. I'm going to start today.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-encourages-voters-write-no-tax-tips-restaurant-receipts
Jeeper79
AG
This sounds pretty liberal. A tax cut in name, but a hand out in practice because of extremely targeted nature.
Ragoo
AG
Jeeper79 said:

This sounds pretty liberal.
how so?
Irish 2.0
Excellent pandering by Trump! It's a freebie that wouldn't cost me a dime!

Doubt it would ever pass though.
VitruvianAg
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Not possible, liberals have never met a tax they don't love.

But it's a genius move by Trump to lure the younger womens vote to the Republican side.
Rockdoc
AG
Jeeper79 said:

This sounds pretty liberal. A tax cut in name, but a hand out in practice because of extremely targeted nature.

When Trump does something it sounds liberal? Lol
Logos Stick
Jeeper79 said:

Yeah, like I'm sure you would be all for a flat tax. /Eye roll
Ragoo
AG
Jeeper79 said:

liberals want to raise taxes on wealthy and middle class so they can gift the money to hourly workers and those who don't pay effective taxes.

This achieves a result favorable to wage workers in hospitality industries, and industry that struggles to find good people, without attacking the middle class and wealthy.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
TexasRebel
AG
I don't tip servers.

I give them a non-taxable personal gift of less than $16,000.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Tax cuts are liberal?
No Spin Ag
Good Trump. Hopefully it's something he can make happen if he gets elected.

I'm sure many people who's primary job is in the hospitality sector would love to have more of their money at the end of the day.

Also, for those who don't know, leave a cash tip. It'll work the same for them until/if Trump's idea becomes a reality.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
doubledog
rocky the dog said:

This... A voluntary tip is gift and therefore not taxable (if under 16K). A non-voluntary tip is a payment for services and should be taxed.
BigRobSA
Jeeper79 said:

LOLque'?

No. It doesn't.
Brother Shamus
I just tip $1 only if the services goes beyond the norm.
lb3
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Doesn't have to pass if the executive branch elects not to audit tips. Not endorsing this but that's how Democrats usually play the game with selective enforcement of laws.
No Spin Ag
lb3 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Doesn't have to pass if the executive branch elects not to audit tips. Not endorsing this but that's how Democrats usually play the game with selective enforcement of laws.
Do you mean via an Executive Order?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
B-1 83
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Nice try. Now do child tax credits.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
LOYAL AG
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Good Trump. Hopefully it's something he can make happen if he gets elected.

I'm sure many people who's primary job is in the hospitality sector would love to have more of their money at the end of the day.

Also, for those who don't know, leave a cash tip. It'll work the same for them until/if Trump's idea becomes a reality.

Cash tips are still taxed. Now if they aren't reported correctly that's a different issue but that would be tax evasion even if it's really difficult to catch. Still cash tips aren't exempt from income taxes.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Jeeper79
AG
Logos Stick said:

Jeeper79 said:

No, but a tax code that's been greatly reduced would be a good start.
halfastros81
AG
Tip in cash and it's their issue whether to report it or not. I know that's not always the most convenient thing but I do it when I can
lb3
AG
No Spin Ag said:

lb3 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Yes. Trump threatened to not enforce the individual mandate in Obamacare before McCain actually allowed that bill to pass.
Jeeper79
AG
Ragoo said:

Jeeper79 said:

liberals want to raise taxes on wealthy and middle class so they can gift the money to hourly workers and those who don't pay effective taxes.

This achieves a result favorable to wage workers in hospitality industries, and industry that struggles to find good people, without attacking the middle class and wealthy.
Any tax break not offset by taxing someone else (bad idea) or spending cuts (good idea) will just add to the budget deficit and we'll tack it onto our already-too-big national debt. Do you think those spending cuts will materialize? If not, then this is functionally just debt spending like our entitlement programs.
Ragoo
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Ragoo said:

Jeeper79 said:

Any tax break not offset by taxing someone else (bad idea) or spending cuts (good idea) will just add to the budget deficit and we'll tack it onto our already-too-big national debt. Do you think those spending cuts will materialize? If not, then this is functionally just debt spending like our entitlement programs.
what the hell are you talking about?

He is proposing tips be excluded from income tax. It is negligible in government revenue.
Logos Stick
Jeeper79 said:

Logos Stick said:

Jeeper79 said:

Right. I was just confirming you are in favor of handouts.
No Spin Ag
lb3 said:

No Spin Ag said:

lb3 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Yes. Trump threatened to not enforce the individual mandate in Obamacare before McCain actually allowed that bill to pass.

Four years of breaks is better than none.
BigRobSA
Ragoo said:

Jeeper79 said:

Ragoo said:

Jeeper79 said:

what the hell are you talking about?

He is proposing tips be excluded from income tax. It is negligible in government revenue.

And...moreso than just life in general...the govt did jack and **** to facilitate the server serving.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Letting people keep their money is not a liberal concept.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Logos Stick said:

Jeeper79 said:

He's also considering doing away with income tax.
No Spin Ag
Funky Winkerbean said:

Jeeper79 said:

Logos Stick said:

Jeeper79 said:

He's also considering doing away with income tax.

Didn't he try something with that last time?
Tom Fox
Jeeper79 said:

Logos Stick said:

Jeeper79 said:

Of course you would oppose a flat tax. We can't have the fundamental fairness of everyone paying the same rate?
fredfredunderscorefred
AG
Jeeper79 said:

kinda seems like a post for the thread about re-writing history like how Dems aren't the racists...

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3467386
84AGEC
AG
Great idea. Only needs some limit on how much. Otherwise everyone will start getting around taxes by declaring income as tips.
zoneag
Jeeper79 said:

If you think letting people keep more of the money they earn is a leftist idea, it makes sense that you deny being a leftist.
BigRobSA
84AGEC said:

Great idea. Only needs some limit on how much. Otherwise everyone will start getting around taxes by declaring income as tips.

No.

Government needs to learn to do with less like the rest of us. They keep ****ing us and expecting us to pay. No thanks.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.