How the left rewrites history

3,437 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by BoerneGator
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3rd sentence of this article states that R and D parties switched. I one run on sentence it manages to not only tell the lie, but paint half the country as racists.

The citation it used for this BS is a book written in 2019.

Fifth_Party_System

Staff - take out the trash.
Farmer_J

If we can't trust the way the news is written about the present, how can we trust history?
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
aggie93
AG
The older I have gotten the more I realize how much I was lied to throughout most of my life. I don't trust any one source of information anymore from anyone, question everything. Covid was the last straw for me in terms of thinking how far it could go or how it was one side vs another. I also have done all I could to teach my boys to do the same and not take as long as it did for me to wake up.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Ellis Wyatt
I remember how the democrat party created the klan. And hioe they still stand for segregation and racial division today.

I recall how Al Gore Sr was a racist democrat and then switched…wait. The Gores were and are still democrats who have fanned the flames of hatred and strife.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Soon they'll start claiming Lincoln was a Democrat
BQ78
AG
Some do or at least say he would be a progressive Democrat today.
CanyonAg77
AG
BQ78 said:

Some do or at least say he would be a progressive Democrat today.

Well, he did attack and imprison media who didn't follow the party line, so….
CanyonAg77
AG
"…. while most conservative, White, usually southern Democrats shifted to the Republican Party as Democrats began increasingly prioritizing civil rights; this process accelerated into the 1960s…."

Are they freaking kidding?!?!?! It was Republicans who pushed civil rights in the 1960s, Democrats had to be dragged along, kicking and screaming
CanyonAg77
AG
And here's the truth about the alleged party switch

aggiehawg
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

"…. while most conservative, White, usually southern Democrats shifted to the Republican Party as Democrats began increasingly prioritizing civil rights; this process accelerated into the 1960s…."

Are they freaking kidding?!?!?! It was Republicans who pushed civil rights in the 1960s, Democrats had to be dragged along, kicking and screaming
And LBJ knew that. He said the Dems had lost the South for a generation. He was wrong about the length of time because he could not forsee the Reagan Revolution cementing that.
No Spin Ag
CanyonAg77 said:

Very true.

I've always said that the world would be better had every one of those Jim Crow era democrats who loved harassing, threatening, killing, maiming, etc. African Americans and other minorities were wiped from the face of the planet back then. For good measure, I'd also want any filth they birthed and raised to think like them wiped away as well.

One can only imagine how much better the country, if not the world, would be had those racist POS never existed.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
TexasRebel
AG
Isn't it funny how the good guys always seem to win wars.
Bobaloo
aggie93 said:

The older I have gotten the more I realize how much I was lied to throughout most of my life. I don't trust any one source of information anymore from anyone, question everything. Covid was the last straw for me in terms of thinking how far it could go or how it was one side vs another. I also have done all I could to teach my boys to do the same and not take as long as it did for me to wake up.

Almost everything we are told is a lie. OBL once called the United States 'the great Satan.' We need to consider that maybe he was correct. Not American citizens but the entrenched political class. From Covid to endless wars to the Ukraine to the JFK assassination to George Floyd. You name it….
CanyonAg77
AG
Humans, by their sinful natures, are racist POS. Matters not the melanin in their skin. Tribes will group together and advance their tribe above others. Tulsi vs Hutu. Arabs vs Israelis. Chinese against Vietnamese. Russians against Ukrainians.

I understand your disdain. But in the sweep of history, groups always fight for supremacy. Kill every Jim Crow Democrat, and they'd be replaced by some other disgusting group, such as paternalistic white liberals
CanyonAg77
AG
TexasRebel said:

Used to be that the winners would write the history books.

Today's liberals have decided that winning wars or elections is just too damn hard.

So they skip straight to writing the history books to fit their false, warped views.

(Cough) Wikipedia(cough)
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Viper16
AG
aggie93 said:

Here, Here.........another Blue Star post for you!!

Nicely said!
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
No Spin Ag
CanyonAg77 said:

Humans, by their sinful natures, are racist POS. Matters not the melanin in their skin. Tribes will group together and advance their tribe above others. Tulsi vs Hutu. Arabs vs Israelis. Chinese against Vietnamese. Russians against Ukrainians.

I understand your disdain. But in the sweep of history, groups always fight for supremacy. Kill every Jim Crow Democrat, and they'd be replaced by some other disgusting group, such as paternalistic white liberals
I agree they would be replaced, but you've got to start somewhere.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
BadMoonRisin
AG
Yep, they just decided to switch jerseys. LOL. ****ing idiots.
captkirk
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

This nonsense gets repeated non-stop. They never post a listing of all the politicians that switched parties during this time frame. You would think that such a list would be massive.
Garrelli 5000
AG
It's terrifying yet not surprising it's a college textbook used to justify the lie.
Staff - take out the trash.
VegasAg86
AG
TexasRebel said:

Yes, that's the foundation of "Rules for Radicals". Winners write history, so winning is all that matters. The end always justifies the means.
doubledog

A lot of republicans north of the Mason-Dixon line.
No matter what is said, the DEMOCRATIC party was (and still is) the party of slavery.
APHIS AG
TexasRebel said:

And yet, the losers (liberals) that the winners protect will always complain and accuse about how they won those wars.
aggie93
AG
Bobaloo said:

aggie93 said:

Almost everything we are told is a lie. OBL once called the United States 'the great Satan.' We need to consider that maybe he was correct. Not American citizens but the entrenched political class. From Covid to endless wars to the Ukraine to the JFK assassination to George Floyd. You name it….
The real lesson isn't that America is Satan it is that the world is filled with Satan or more accurately people that have sold their souls. The fallacy we were taught is that somehow America is different. In many ways it is but it is still filled with humans. Never think that simply because this is America that X or Y can never happen here.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Decay
AG
The Red Scare (McCarthy was right)
Watergate (government agents turned "journalists" bring down a Republican president)

Two huge ones off the top of my head. The story as presented is basically the opposite of reality, not coincidentally slanted to make the Right look bad.
sleepybeagle
AG
Decay said:

The Red Scare (McCarthy was right)
Watergate (government agents turned "journalists" bring down a Republican president)

Two huge ones off the top of my head. The story as presented is basically the opposite of reality, not coincidentally slanted to make the Right look bad.

Global warming is the greatest political black-op in the history of history.
sleepybeagle
Agsinheart
Especially the CNN, I don't trust them. They tend to cut off some important information on the news, they manipulate information and only let you watch what they want you to see.
BoerneGator
AG
propaganda - information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Propaganda has been substituted for journalism and 'history' throughout the culture to the extent the two are indiscernible to the young and uninitiated.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.