320 million wasted on Gaza Pier: will be dismantled.

7,362 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by LMCane
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

For context, the pier has been in place for less than a month, and it's already suffered multiple shutdowns related to moderate seas overtaking it.
Quote:

Joe Biden has logged yet another foreign policy disaster under his belt after the Pentagon announced the "Gaza pier" will be dismantled due to damage.

Some press reports describe the move as "temporary," though it's questionable whether the project will ever resume after being completely torn down and towed away. This marks the latest in a string of logistical issues involving the president's prized pier.
LINK

Another Biden failure.
DrEvazanPhD
But a cool 32 million to the biden family. Easy money.
BigRobSA
Thanks, Obama!

Literally.
doubledog
Another screw up. The Biden's wanted to make a show and they got one.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Jock 07
AG
Don't forget the sailor injuries putting the damn thing together. Some were serious injuries as well from what I recall.
Kenneth_2003
AG
The politics of this disaster aside...

This has massively exposed our militaries, specifically the Army's inability to move equipment across the sea. Sal has covered these short comings in detail on his YouTube channel, "What's Going on with Shipping."

The Army and Navy have seen huge cuts in their ocean going tugs and heavy lift capabilities. Heck one of the cargo ships suffered an engine room fire shortly after leaving the US and had to return for home!
Ag87H2O
AG
It's common knowledge that Biden and the leftists running his administration are incompetent, but this takes it to another level.

The decision to build this floating pier was purely a political one, with zero thought as to what it would cost or the likelyhood of success. In a sane world, the Biden campaign would be forced to send a check for the $320 million in construction cost plus the cost of operations and removal to the defense department.

But in this upside down world of the globalist left, not one person will be held accountable and it's maddening.

BenFiasco14
AG
We are such a joke
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
whatthehey78
AG
Joe Joker Biden...the King's (Obummer) clown. Tells jokes lies all day, every day.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

We are such a joke
We can't build a pier, but we can do this...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
aggiehawg
AG
Ag87H2O said:

It's common knowledge that Biden and the leftists running his administration are incompetent, but this takes it to another level.

The decision to build this floating pier was purely a political one, with zero thought as to what it would cost or the likelyhood of success. In a sane world, the Biden campaign would be forced to send a check for the $320 million in construction cost plus the cost of operations and removal to the defense department.

But in this upside down world of the globalist left, not one person will be held accountable and it's maddening.

I don't believe this idea even looked that good on paper and it was a construction failure. Harebrained to begin with.
geoag58
AG
Our goal should now be to not make fun of pedo Joe so much that they replace him on the ticket.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
BigRobSA
geoag58 said:

Our goal should now be to not make fun of pedo Joe so much that they replace him on the ticket.

Porque no Los dos!?
HollywoodBQ
AG
Floating pier in the Mediterranean didn't work.

You know what that means?

Gaza needs high speed rail.

That should be good for at least $10B and ten years worth of government contracts.
aggiehawg
AG
I was in law school when Carter tried that rescue of the Iranian Embassy hostages and it failed miserably. A low point for our peacetime military.

Here we are again.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
The pier accomplished nothing, outside of resupplying hamas, like many here knew would happen. But hey, it made liberals, like certain posters here, feel good and that's all that matters to these people.
JWinTX
We get what we deserve…
No Spin Ag
rocky the dog said:

POTY
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
BenFiasco14
AG
aggiehawg said:

Ag87H2O said:

I don't believe this idea even looked that good on paper and it was a construction failure. Harebrained to begin with.

I'm sure a lot of the friends of the left got some nice contracts and kickbacks out of it though.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Martin Cash
AG
Can someone remind me why they can't deliver relief on land through Egypt?
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
No Spin Ag
aggiehawg said:

I was in law school when Carter tried that rescue of the Iranian Embassy hostages and it failed miserably. A low point for our peacetime military.

Here we are again.

The problem with us being involved in any aspect of the ME.

We just need to turn a blind eye to that area and let things go the way they should've decades upon decades ago
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Hubert J. Farnsworth
No Spin Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Here we are again.

The problem with us being involved in any aspect of the ME.

We just need to turn a blind eye to that area and let things go the way they should've decades upon decades ago

I agree. Unfortunately, it seems that the cultures in the middle east need strong men dictators to keep them in line.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
It's pride month people. Focus.
JayM
This shouldn't be on Joe. This directly correlates to the deterioration of our military. You think somebody in the military should have said "we don't have the technology" before we failed?
Ellis Wyatt
JayM said:

This shouldn't be on Joe. This directly correlates to the deterioration of our military. You think somebody in the military should have said "we don't have the technology" before we failed?
The military didn't decide their primary reasons for existence were DEI, sex change operations, and humanitarian relief.
Jack Squat 83
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

aggiehawg said:

Ag87H2O said:

I'm sure a lot of the friends of the left got some nice contracts and kickbacks out of it though.
I would really be interested in Congress digging into this and accounting for every penny spent and to who. There is no doubt it didn't cost 'only' $320M and absolutely no doubt a bunch of those dollars came back to Democrats. None.

Trump needs to go into these blue cities and tell the folks all about how this $320M could have been used to help them, (even though I'm against hand-outs in general). Divide them like the D's are so good at. Get those voters to hatin' on the old perv FJB so they won't pull the lever for him. Remind them how much money FJB is spending on everyone except them...from college students on down. Dumb it down and simplify the (factual) message, and give it to them early and often.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
the word epitome was created so that i could say this is the epitome of Joe bidens presidency and whole political career. total disaster
techno-ag
AG
Martin Cash said:

Well, the Democr*ts did not expect Israel to be this determined to take down Hamas. They figured with all their influence and the UN's pressure Israel would have backed off by now.

So the Bidenomics geniuses decided they'd try and score some brownie points with the Hamas lovers here at home by acting magnanimous and putting up a pier for "humanitarian purposes."

Of course it's a multimillion dollar pier. Lots of pockets to line. Lots of kickbacks to the locals in the Gaza Strip. Nobody expected it to be up this long, so QC was practically nonexistent.

And here we are.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
chris1515
AG
That pier looks like a portable/temporary pier that can be reused. Is that correct?

agent-maroon
AG
JayM said:

So whose dumbass idea do you think this was?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Shoefly!
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

For context, the pier has been in place for less than a month, and it's already suffered multiple shutdowns related to moderate seas overtaking it.
Quote:

Joe Biden has logged yet another foreign policy disaster under his belt after the Pentagon announced the "Gaza pier" will be dismantled due to damage.

Some press reports describe the move as "temporary," though it's questionable whether the project will ever resume after being completely torn down and towed away. This marks the latest in a string of logistical issues involving the president's prized pier.
LINK

Another Biden failure.

This smells of Halliburton, Cheney and no bid contracts.
No Spin Ag
agent-maroon said:

JayM said:

So whose dumbass idea do you think this was?
I've got, "What is the Military Industrial Complex for a gazillion, Alex."

Did I win?
techno-ag
AG
Shoefly! said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Quote:

LINK

Another Biden failure.

This smells of Halliburton, Cheney and no bid contracts.
An oil company?
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
agent-maroon
AG
techno-ag said:

Martin Cash said:

Well, the Democr*ts did not expect Israel to be this determined to take down Hamas. They figured with all their influence and the UN's pressure Israel would have backed off by now.

So the Bidenomics geniuses decided they'd try and score some brownie points with the Hamas lovers here at home by acting magnanimous and putting up a pier for "humanitarian purposes."

Of course it's a multimillion dollar pier. Lots of pockets to line. Lots of kickbacks to the locals in the Gaza Strip. Nobody expected it to be up this long, so QC was practically nonexistent.

And here we are.

That and the fact that Egypt isn't going to open their border even slightly for fear of a refugee rush into their country. Gunning down fleeing refugees isn't a good look even if every other ME country would do the same. Palestinians aren't welcome anywhere
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.