Marijuana study results

7,215 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Algorithmic Epiphany
El Gallo Blanco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Malibu said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

In before Pot Heads who don't understand the DEA classification rules ridicule MJ's Class I status over more dangerous/addictive class II opioids.
Yeah, we get it, there are zero medicinal uses or medical benefits from MJ (several people I have known with terminal cancer would disagree adamantly, but what do they know?). But you can numb things with cocaine.
I think we can acknowledge the difference between weed for terminal cancer, MDMA for PTSD, etc. vs suburban Friday night recreation. Nothing wrong per se with occassional recreation, I just caution against rationalizing away use too much, when there are health risks known and unknown fom altering consciousness with substances, and use can often prohibit taking harder but more permanent and fulfilling steps to destress.
Agree, just responding to a poster in the med industry who argues there are ZERO medical uses for MJ. I disagree. It's not the miracle drug a small % of the cannabis community may claim it is, but there are certainly medicinal uses.
suburban cowboy
AG
wait till yall find out about micro-dosing psilocybin
Algorithmic Epiphany
suburban cowboy said:

wait till yall find out about macro-dosing psilocybin

Fify
14Clubs
This is a bit of a derail, but for any background you wish, see my postings on the Alcoholics Anonymous thread on Health & Fitness.

All of this is about using a chemical to change the way you feel. I did this to excess (I am looking at the 40% who the study says use MJ daily or almost) for many year to much detriment in my life. On the outside, I still had things and could easily spin that I was "OK". I was not.

I am not going to get into the nitty gritty here (unless asked) but I found a better way to deal with life and stressful situations that did not involve putting any chemicals in my body to change the way I feel, bad, sad, glad, or otherwise. I have nothing against alcohol (my drug of choice) or any of these other drugs, but I definitely understand that if I decide to partake it WILL become a problem. Having said that, I am in the (estimated) 10% that this kind of thing happens to according to medicine. But if 40 freaking percent are using this almost daily, this may be something different, and that is scary to me.

As for Algorithmic Epiphany (or Adverse Events or any of the other AE names he has had and been banned), take what he says with a grain of salt. I would post what his opinions are worth, but it would just be filled with asterisks.
Quote:

There is no definition of cannabis abuse, or more specifically misuse of THC. Just vague unconfirmable stats.
If you would like some confirmation, post on this thread and you can join me in a meeting in front of 30-40 "unconfirmable stats" who would tell you otherwise. These aren't skid row drunks and addicts, these are people who sat next to you in class and work at companies you know. If you need a plane ticket, that can be arranged.

AggieDruggist89
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

Malibu said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

In before Pot Heads who don't understand the DEA classification rules ridicule MJ's Class I status over more dangerous/addictive class II opioids.
Yeah, we get it, there are zero medicinal uses or medical benefits from MJ (several people I have known with terminal cancer would disagree adamantly, but what do they know?). But you can numb things with cocaine.
I think we can acknowledge the difference between weed for terminal cancer, MDMA for PTSD, etc. vs suburban Friday night recreation. Nothing wrong per se with occassional recreation, I just caution against rationalizing away use too much, when there are health risks known and unknown fom altering consciousness with substances, and use can often prohibit taking harder but more permanent and fulfilling steps to destress.
Agree, just responding to a poster in the med industry who argues there are ZERO medical uses for MJ. I disagree. It's not the miracle drug a small % of the cannabis community may claim it is, but there are certainly medicinal uses.

And again, you fail to understand the DEA classification and FDA approved indication and how and why they're classed the way they are. Having medicinal use equals not approved indication.
BoDog
AG
I would be all for it, but it seems to raise my anxiety level to almost a heightened level of paranoia. I just want to chill and it does the opposite. Really weird!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Malibu said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

And again, you fail to understand the DEA classification and FDA approved indication and how and why they're classed the way they are. Having medicinal use equals not approved indication.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/national/fda-says-marijuana-has-a-legitimate-medicinal-purpose#:~:text=As%20a%20Schedule%201%20drug,Schedule%201%20to%20Schedule%203.

Quote:

The FDA released a report saying that marijuana does have a legitimate use for medical purposes and recommended the US Drug Enforcement Agency change its classification from Schedule 1 to Schedule 3.
peacedude
AG
BoDog said:

I would be all for it, but it seems to raise my anxiety level to almost a heightened level of paranoia. I just want to chill and it does the opposite. Really weird!
Helpful hint: Drink three beers before you toke. That'll take care of the anxiety prior to whatever effects you'll get from smoking ensue. Even the Jamaicans that run the tours at Marley's childhood home (and his resting place now) swear by it.
Shoefly!
AG
BoDog said:

Try the Indica strain, it's called Indacouch for a reason.
Sativa cannabis causes the paranoia effects and I don't like it either.
BassCowboy33
DrZ said:

marijuana is becoming something of an old person's drug.

this strikes me as funny. It's like Facebook ruined by old people.

I thought I saw a big article about this a while back. Something about Gen Z thinking it weird just how much weed Millennials and Xers include in their everyday lives.
Love Gun
BassCowboy33 said:

DrZ said:

I thought I saw a big article about this a while back. Something about Gen Z thinking it weird just how much weed Millennials and Xers include in their everyday lives.

Yep. It's just grass.
**** Joe Biden
DrZ
AG
There are two aspects of this that are odd
1) how overly critical people are of smoking dope
2) how overly defensive people are of smoking dope
CheeseSndwch
BassCowboy33 said:

DrZ said:

Gen X and Millennials are of or getting to the age where nagging physical ailments are there to stay, so new users of the older variety are probably skewing the numbers as they seek out alternative options to big pharma.
JamesPShelley
texagbeliever said:

Marijuana is probably no different then alcohol or even eating for endorphins. It is an emotional coping mechanism that if it develops into a habit creates a crutch that will likely manifest itself into consequences later on.
****ing laughable. You're hilarious.

Probably? Do some more reading there, Spock.
JamesPShelley
cr0wbar said:

Gonna spark up this afternoon to this news.
This afternoon? Late starter? lol.

doubledog
On smoking... Inhaling any smoke into your lungs will damage them. Intentionally inhaling smoke is not rational behavior.
JDL 96
It's not my place (or anyone's) to tell people what they can and can't put in their body. But wow do I feel blessed I haven't got into any of that stuff.
Algorithmic Epiphany
Appreciate your journey, glad you've got opinions about my opinions.

The AA steps were meant to include a dose or doses of LSD as part of the process, but it was bad for marketing.

Suffering, enjoy it. Or dont.
torrid
AG
JamesPShelley said:

cr0wbar said:

Gonna spark up this afternoon to this news.
This afternoon? Late starter? lol.

It's 4:20 PM somewhere...
BluHorseShu
AG
80sGeorge said:

I think if the Chinese wanted to F up our country they'd push drugs really hard. Harder stuff through the cartels across a border held open by politicians for "humanitarian" reasons.

Then push the softer stuff by funding legalization efforts. Is there Chi comm money behind all the legalization push? Who knows. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
So who was behind pushing the alcohol legalization? Its, by far, f'ed up our country than any drugs. Can't push anything that people don't want. Pretty sure Americans were behind making it legal again.

We can blame them for illegally sending hard stuff here but that's a whole other ball game. We can't even shut down the cartels.

v1rotate92
AG
Since the democrats coerce me to pay for all the loser's housing, phones, food, medical care, education, transportation, etc... I must side with making weed illegal. Probably more than half of this country is made up of losers or morons and its only getting worse.
Slick
El Gallo Blanco
doubledog said:

On smoking... Inhaling any smoke into your lungs will damage them. Intentionally inhaling smoke is not rational behavior.

Could say the same about certain types or sexual foreplay, and other things that mankind has probably been doing for thousands of years...like inhaling smoke into lungs and consuming toxins for pleasure or relief.

Intentionally ingesting any poison, like alcohol or nicotine...even just chewing a cigar...is not rational behavior along those lines.

Just playing devil's advocate.
doubledog
El Gallo Blanco said:

doubledog said:

Could say the same about certain types or sexual foreplay, and other things that mankind has probably been doing for thousands of years...like inhaling smoke into lungs and consuming toxins for pleasure or relief.

Intentionally ingesting any poison, like alcohol or nicotine...even just chewing a cigar...is not rational behavior along those lines.

There is truth in what you say.
Algorithmic Epiphany
El Gallo Blanco said:

doubledog said:

Medicine or poison depends on the dose, in anything. It's irrational for elephants to travel treachorous miles and miles across land to stick their trunks in a mud pit until you realize that they are getting a specific mineral they cannot get out of their normal food sources from that mud pit.

Why would anyone mix two chemicals together knowing that the wrong mixing would result in a poison gas that will kill everyone in the vicinity or worse? It's irrational, but is done everyday in controlled environments to bring most of societal niceties to bear.

Courage is hard to come by, and we all stand on the shoulders of the poison-eaters that come before us and passed the best practices onto each generation.

Meanwhile the profitability of poison disguised as food is at an all time high. Go Warren Buffett and invest in Coke and McDonalds.
80sGeorge
AG
Yeah sure. Two, or three wrongs, make a right. Totally make sense.
LMCane
Am I the only American left who is not obese and not addicted to some form of drugs?
Algorithmic Epiphany
LMCane said:

Am I the only American left who is not obese and not addicted to some form of drugs?

Hard to know, MFBarnes, hard to know.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.