Marijuana study results

6,613 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Algorithmic Epiphany
cas8019
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Use this place. Good quality, ships to your mailbox. Can sign and get a free sample pack

https://hometownhero.com
Kiss my beans
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

Ag with kids said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

texagbeliever said:

Marijuana is probably no different then alcohol or even eating for endorphins. It is an emotional coping mechanism that if it develops into a habit creates a crutch that will likely manifest itself into consequences later on.
Sorry...No way consuming THC orally, in reasonable doses, is nearly as bad for your body as a few alcoholic drinks each night.

The worlds top athletes in numerous major sports consume the hell out of TCH...largely because it is not nearly as hard on their body as alcohol. Michael Phelps was winning gold after gold, while smoking. I would bet that most football players use it. Drinking would be way more detrimental to their bodies.

I do agree with your message to some degree though.
For my rebuttal, I give you:

If these guys could power through the booze, it must be good for you.
Not sure Mantle is the best example. After a liver transplant mind you, specifically told us "Don't be like me"
I was referring to his playing...he did all that stuff on the field half blotto many times.

But, yeah, I knew it ****ed him up badly.
Texas velvet maestro
but i need the weed for my hangovers
twk
AG
Muktheduck said:

Not surprising. Weed has become DoC for a lot of people. I do think it's far less damaging than an alcohol habit but many people aren't respecting it as a drug. Daily use is going to have detrimental effects, and obviously the more you use the worse it'll be for you.

I agree. It's a drug, and like any drug, can be beneficial if used properly. But we have too many folks abusing it, and the numbers are getting worse The legalization movement is effectively lobbying for more of that.
IIIHorn

Its use is an effective measure to weed out poor performers.

Ag_07
AG
Correct.

For the same reason this thread started companies and shops know they're now catering to a wider population of casual users.

Like I mentioned the good reputable companies will put everything on the package (where it's grown, how it's grown, certified 3rd party lab analysis, THC percentages, etc). Almost like a nutritional label.

I went through the same process when dipping my toes into it. Feel free to PM and I can go into more detail.
Burdizzo
AG
Logos Stick said:

Teslag said:

While I don't currently use, and rarely drink alcohol, it seems like every young professional I know takes some type of THC product these days. Doesn't seem to affect them at all.

That's because they mostly use it in processed consumables, like gummies, which control the amount of THC.

Burdizzo
AG
IIIHorn said:

Let ye who is without stem cast the first stoner.
Algorithmic Epiphany
twk said:

Muktheduck said:

Not surprising. Weed has become DoC for a lot of people. I do think it's far less damaging than an alcohol habit but many people aren't respecting it as a drug. Daily use is going to have detrimental effects, and obviously the more you use the worse it'll be for you.

I agree. It's a drug, and like any drug, can be beneficial if used properly. But we have too many folks abusing it, and the numbers are getting worse The legalization movement is effectively lobbying for more of that.

There is no definition of cannabis abuse, or more specifically misuse of THC. Just vague unconfirmable stats.

twk
AG
Algorithmic Epiphany said:

twk said:

Muktheduck said:

There is no definition of cannabis abuse, or more specifically misuse of THC. Just vague unconfirmable stats.

Did you work for the tobacco companies in a previous life?
BrazosDog02
AG
Ag_07 said:

Correct.

For the same reason this thread started companies and shops know they're now catering to a wider population of casual users.

Like I mentioned the good reputable companies will put everything on the package (where it's grown, how it's grown, certified 3rd party lab analysis, THC percentages, etc). Almost like a nutritional label.

I went through the same process when dipping my toes into it. Feel free to PM and I can go into more detail.

I find it interesting that insurance providers for people, including the elderly will not cover costs associated with this, but if you need 10,000mg of Hydrocodone or Tramadol, they'll eat that no problem. It seems bizarre to me.
Ag_07
AG
Not bizarre at all

Big pharma doesn't profit from MJ sales

Algorithmic Epiphany
twk said:

twk said:

Muktheduck said:

No I just like actual science, repeatable science... not propaganda. Pretty simple really.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3461921/replies/67632235

See this thread for more nonsense propaganda to sway your fackin' confirmation bias.
IIIHorn
Burdizzo said:

IIIHorn said:

Let ye who is without stem cast the first stoner.

Yer good.

REAL good.

IIIHorn
twk said:

twk said:

Muktheduck said:

If he did, it was a short one.

If he had formerly worked for a beer company he would have invoked Buds MacKenzie.

TommyBrady
AG
I know I'm crazy but I don't drink, use THC, or pharma drugs and I somehow survive. It's pretty wild.
Ag_07
AG
TommyBrady said:

I know I'm crazy but I don't drink, use THC, or pharma drugs and I somehow survive. It's pretty wild.

TB12 working wonders huh?
torrid
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

texagbeliever said:

Marijuana is probably no different then alcohol or even eating for endorphins. It is an emotional coping mechanism that if it develops into a habit creates a crutch that will likely manifest itself into consequences later on.
Sorry...No way consuming THC orally, in reasonable doses, is nearly as bad for your body as a few alcoholic drinks each night.

The worlds top athletes in numerous major sports consume the hell out of TCH...largely because it is not nearly as hard on their body as alcohol. Michael Phelps was winning gold after gold, while smoking. I would bet that most football players use it. Drinking would be way more detrimental to their bodies.

There's got to be a world of difference between ingesting it via a gummy and inhaling it via smoke. I just can't see how smoking ANYTHING is good for you.
TommyBrady
AG
Ag_07 said:

TommyBrady said:

TB12 working wonders huh?

One word. Pliability
AggieVictor10
AG
Weed
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

RFK/brain worm 2024
El Gallo Blanco
torrid said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

texagbeliever said:

There's got to be a world of difference between ingesting it via a gummy and inhaling it via smoke. I just can't see how smoking ANYTHING is good for you.
So many of the best and most physically fit athletes in the world smoke it on a regular basis. I am convinced that it doesn't wreak the havoc that tobacco smoke does on the lungs and body. Also, typically tobacco smokers are smoking 5-10+ cigarettes a day and not taking care of their bodies.

Not saying smoking it is GOOD for you...I just don't think it is very bad for you at all in moderation.
UTExan
" Now, more than 40 percent of marijuana users consume daily or near daily."

And we wonder why our society is declining.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Ag_07
AG
torrid said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

texagbeliever said:

I mean there's a difference in taking one or two drags of a doobie and sitting there for hours ripping a bong through a gas mask until you black out.

Just like a sweets every once in a while aren't gonna make you obese.

Again...Everything we do has an affect on our health but as long as you're doing it in moderation it's affects are minimal.
AggieDruggist89
AG
In before Pot Heads who don't understand the DEA classification rules ridicule MJ's Class I status over more dangerous/addictive class II opioids.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves

-Neal Peart
El Gallo Blanco
AggieDruggist89 said:

In before Pot Heads who don't understand the DEA classification rules ridicule MJ's Class I status over more dangerous/addictive class II opioids.
Yeah, we get it, there are zero medicinal uses or medical benefits from MJ (several people I have known with terminal cancer would disagree adamantly, but what do they know?). But you can numb things with cocaine.
Algorithmic Epiphany
TommyBrady said:

No Circus or Bread either I assume?
GoodBullShark
AG
What is the difference in THC and THCA?
Malibu
IMHO, as someone that no longer uses drugs of any kind (inclusive of alcohol), but used to, think deeply about why you use the substance, and if there are substitutes that will build a better you. I personally found there were times where I wasnt completely in the proverbial drivers seat, and decided on net my life is more full and my drive to reach my personal goals higher with a no use policy. Others who can enjoy the occasional social toke and drink, good on ya, enjoy. I go to bed earlier and wake up earlier more motivated to do morning quiet time / devotional, and exercise, and that has moved my life forward far more than thinking about our place in the universe on THC.
TarponChaser
Gunny456 said:

Let's see how that goes the first time one of them hit and kill a family in a head on collision. It will be a different story when it involves your family.

As opposed to the drunk driver? It's illegal to drive impaired regardless of the cause of that impairment. Legal status of the cause of that impairment is irrelevant.

I will say that using the Delta-8 capsules at night has helped moderate the constant pain in my knees and it also helps me sleep better by helping my mind relax. Melatonin does similarly however I've read that too much melatonin use can lower testosterone levels.
Malibu
El Gallo Blanco said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Yeah, we get it, there are zero medicinal uses or medical benefits from MJ (several people I have known with terminal cancer would disagree adamantly, but what do they know?). But you can numb things with cocaine.
I think we can acknowledge the difference between weed for terminal cancer, MDMA for PTSD, etc. vs suburban Friday night recreation. Nothing wrong per se with occassional recreation, I just caution against rationalizing away use too much, when there are health risks known and unknown fom altering consciousness with substances, and use can often prohibit taking harder but more permanent and fulfilling steps to destress.
Algorithmic Epiphany
The molecular bond.

Their effects.

In the plant material there is very little actual THC, it's THCa (and a multitude of other cannabinoids based on growing environment and genetic selection).

THCa when combusted or heated converts to THC which bonds with the endocannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2.

In other words, THCa is the precursor to THC and most dispensaries that display THC% will combine peak THC and THCa %s expressed in the flower.

THCa is non-psychoactive.
Burdizzo
AG
Ag_07 said:

Not bizarre at all

Big pharma doesn't profit from MJ sales

Is there such an industry as Big Doobie?
TommyBrady
AG
I would say reducing both year by year. Everybody needs some as long as you can keep your perspective.
Texas velvet maestro
UTExan said:

" Now, more than 40 percent of marijuana users consume daily or near daily."

And we wonder why our society is declining.
well, that may be something, but maybe not the main thing.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.