Inflation "More Than Expected"

14,655 Views | 202 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by LMCane
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Opalka said:

I don't know what you folks think politicians can do to bring down inflation. Is there some kind of magic law that need proposed/passed? I've read that the biggest influence right now is housing.....people are willing to pay crazy amounts for the limited housing. Should the FED raise or lower interest? There is no law that's going to fix this. If people are willing to continue to pay higher prices, continuing the demand for goods and services, nothing will change.

How about unnecessary spending from the federal level..also, this administration put out a bill called the "Inflation Reduction Act" that had all types of spending…
Fenrir
Sims said:

Fenrir said:

Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Great, facts are presented in response to a post and mass deletions occur.
I don't understand why staff deleted the posts they did (including his elaboration and support for his argument) but left his original, completely unsupported assertion up.
This is one of the most annoying things to me. Well laid out and sourced response full of pertinent facts and data points gets deleted by the big brush auto delete because it was related to a troll post.
But the actual troll post wasn't deleted.

This is the troll post
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3454443/replies/67338770

The one with his supporting data was at least a supported argument, albeit economically illiterate.
Sims
AG
Opalka said:

I don't know what you folks think politicians can do to bring down inflation. Is there some kind of magic law that need proposed/passed? I've read that the biggest influence right now is housing.....people are willing to pay crazy amounts for the limited housing. Should the FED raise or lower interest? There is no law that's going to fix this. If people are willing to continue to pay higher prices, continuing the demand for goods and services, nothing will change.
Are you dense? Stop deficit spending 2 - 3 trillion a year would be a GREAT start.

Stop devaluing the dollar through debt financing the economy.

Stop passing stimulus bills targeting non-productive sectors of the economy.

Stop inhibiting the efficient and clean use of NG and LNG.

Reduce the red tape around nuclear power plants.

Stop using FHA to put homeowners in homes they can't afford.

These are all political actions and all have been discussed here.
Muy
AG
MelvinUdall said:

Birdwatcher said:

Time to reign in corporate greed again FTC just released a report about grocery price fixing . Big surprise but the big 7 food manufacturers and the big 4 grocery chains had record profits this quarter. Until corporations get the screws put in them, inflation will never slow down

I have seen some goaltending on this site, but this has to be the most head scratching I have ever seen.

Liberals are anti-business, pro-more government, idiots.
Kenneth_2003
AG
jefe95 said:

Need the slime in congress to draft and pass an inflation reduction act.
Shouldn't cost more than 2 trillion in additional spending!
ttu_85
Opalka said:

Wow more libtard eco ignorance. Gov policy absolutely can impact inflation. Monetary policy, fiscal policy.

Demand is a little more than someone wanting something. Its about having the money valued so you can buy what you want. The value of that money is not constant-- guess what it can be effected by gov policy in addition to market supply, which monopolies and oligopolies can restrict, and demand.

HumpitPuryear
AG
Opalka said:

Forgiving student loan debt, an "Inflation reduction act" that does exactly the opposite, punitive regulations on O&G, Increasing the mouths to feed and house by millions via illegal immigration. Need any other examples of what your party and POTUS have done to screw Americans?
v1rotate92
AG
My God...14%. What are you smoking? Diesel, insurance, food, cars, air travel, houses in cumulative has had to increase by over 30%. The politicians and media lie to cover up their fleecing of the citizenry. It's abundantly obvious and noticeable to me since I actively manage my rent houses and a small farm. My recent HVAC install on a rent home was $8500...3.5 years ago was $5800. Well/Irrigation system for Pecan trees is now $50k...was $30k
The average American sheep that does not purchase anything other than the bare necessities of life still notices the inflation. American politicians laugh at us...We deserve better and they deserve what Jefferson warned but the vast majority of American citizens are not patriots but sheep
Slick
Logos Stick
Fenrir said:

Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Great, facts are presented in response to a post and mass deletions occur.
I don't understand why staff deleted the posts they did (including his elaboration and support for his argument) but left his original, completely unsupported assertion up.

I suspect they deleted them because he called me a "dumbass".
Logos Stick
Sims said:

Opalka said:

Are you dense? Stop deficit spending 2 - 3 trillion a year would be a GREAT start.

LMCane
for the political side of this:

probably this is the best outcome for the GOP.

the Fed and Biden want there to be deflation and job losses which would stop inflation.

because even when people lose their jobs- this keeps them voting for leftists and the Government payments.

but with inflation, even when Biden wants to pay off student loans- that just INCREASES inflation.

it may be the only negative metric which has negative consequences for leftists.
LMCane
TexasAggiesWin said:

The policies this administration continues to push just constantly adds to inflationary pressures. This type of terrible economic news just makes re-election for Joe look worse and worse, particularly after this administration continues to chirp about how wonderful this economy is.
most of his voters don't even know what "inflation" is as an economic concept.
LMCane
inflation destroys savers and the elderly who are on fixed incomes with no jobs.

it helps the young who are in debt.
Ag87H2O
AG
LMCane said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

The policies this administration continues to push just constantly adds to inflationary pressures. This type of terrible economic news just makes re-election for Joe look worse and worse, particularly after this administration continues to chirp about how wonderful this economy is.
most of his voters don't even know what "inflation" is as an economic concept.
LMCane
Sims said:

Well that's weird we would see an uptick in inflation even after a decent period of disinflation. It's not like money supply is expanding again or anything even in the face of high inflation. Surely the government wouldn't make that mistake...Oh, wait. Yep, there it is, expanding the money supply again.
it's amazing looking at charts and realizing how great we had it in 1992.

and even at the time we ushered in the Gingrich Revolution in 1994 to make more shifts rightward in entitlements

the 21st century has been a disaster for the USA
AgBandsman
AG
CDUB98 said:

These Keynesian "economists" truly cannot grasp the basics of economics.

Quote:

Consumer prices rose 3.5% from a year ago in March, more than expected

Quote:

The consumer price index accelerated at a faster than expected pace in March, pushing inflation higher and likely keeping the Federal Reserve on hold with interest rates.
The CPI, a broad measure of goods and services costs across the economy, rose 0.4% for the month, putting the 12-month inflation rate at 3.5%, or 0.3 percentage point higher than in February. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a 0.3% gain and a 3.4% year-over-year level.

Excluding volatile food and energy components, core CPI also accelerated 0.4% on a monthly basis while rising 3.8% from a year ago, compared to respective estimates for 0.3% and 3.7%.

Our politicians have no desire to fix this. At this point, they are merely raiding the treasury to get as much money to themselves and their cronies as possible before it all comes crashing down.

Meanwhile, the propaganda machine will continue to tell us this is "ThE bEsT eCoNoMy EvEr!"

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/10/cpi-inflation-march-2024-consumer-prices-rose-3point5percent-from-a-year-ago-in-march.html

The "crashing down" part is where they get ot gain more power.
LMCane
man this looks VERY BAD for our futures:

MemphisAg1
AG
Sims said:

Well that's weird we would see an uptick in inflation even after a decent period of disinflation. It's not like money supply is expanding again or anything even in the face of high inflation. Surely the government wouldn't make that mistake...Oh, wait. Yep, there it is, expanding the money supply again.
Your post spurred a thought on disinflation:

Disinflation is a temporary slowing of the pace of price inflation according to Google.

The media uses this to suggest that inflation is improving, and if the rate of inflation slows down that might technically be an improvement of sorts, it just really doesn't pass the smell test with everyday citizens because it doesn't mean that prices are actually going down -- as in deflating -- they're just not increasing as fast as they were.

That's no comfort to folks who are still struggling with the impact of previous inflation. When you keep piling on top of it, it doesn't really matter that the extra inflation is incrementally not as big as the last dose... it's still increasing.

The media is so disingenuous with this. They try to spin it as things are getting better, even though the common man or woman is living a different experience.
Ellis Wyatt
Not printing trillions of dollars and not giving trillions away would pretty well do the trick.

They're stealing from us.
Heineken-Ashi
Opalka said:

Many people have warned for YEARS that America was on an unsustainable path. There's nothing you can do now. Modern monetary theory is about to get its teeth kicked in by reality. And we will all have to pay the price.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
LMCane
Ag87H2O said:

Prices in my industry are up overall between 50-60% since January 2021.

I think this is pretty close to real price increases across the board.

This administration is full of liars that will say or claim anything it takes to get reelected. They and their media accomplices would try to sell the public on the sky is green if they thought that's what it would take to win.

Scary thing is, they've painted our economy into a corner, and now we are facing even higher inflation or staggering levels of interest on the national debt as they refinance it at higher interest rates.
Logos Stick
Opalka said:

What? Nothing can be done? Magic law, you say?

Biden himself passed a bill he named the Inflation Reduction Act. Perhaps you've heard of it?

So per your premise, was Biden lying or just stupid?
ABATTBQ87
AG
Birdwatcher said:

Time to reign in corporate greed again FTC just released a report about grocery price fixing . Big surprise but the big 7 food manufacturers and the big 4 grocery chains had record profits this quarter. Until corporations get the screws put in them, inflation will never slow down
Explaining like you're 5

https://vimeo.com/171088108
LMCane
v1rotate92 said:

My God...14%. What are you smoking? Diesel, insurance, food, cars, air travel, houses in cumulative has had to increase by over 30%. The politicians and media lie to cover up their fleecing of the citizenry. It's abundantly obvious and noticeable to me since I actively manage my rent houses and a small farm. My recent HVAC install on a rent home was $8500...3.5 years ago was $5800. Well/Irrigation system for Pecan trees is now $50k...was $30k
The average American sheep that does not purchase anything other than the bare necessities of life still notices the inflation. American politicians laugh at us...We deserve better and they deserve what Jefferson warned but the vast majority of American citizens are not patriots but sheep

I was discussing the OFFICIAL CPI rates over the last 27 months, not real inflation in goods and services felt by consumers.

jja79
AG
10 year US Treasury yield back up over 4.50%. Expect mortgage rates to increase and the cost of housing to increase.
Ciboag96
https://circle.tufts.edu/latest-research/41-million-members-gen-z-will-be-eligible-vote-2024

41 Million Gen-Zers will be eligible to vote. We fuuuuuuuuked
HunterAggie
jefe95 said:

Need the slime in congress to draft and pass an inflation reduction act.
They've done that about 3 times in 3 years.

That's why it's exploding.
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
Moral High Horse
Where is that one thread where someone was like "you need 5 million to retire"? Some people had a good LOL on that one. Now it's more like *sadface.
Kenneth_2003
AG
LMCane said:

inflation destroys savers and the elderly who are on fixed incomes with no jobs.

it helps the young who are in debt.
Not entirely for the savers. It kills those on the margins that are just starting to save. But investments just ride higher. Until wages catch up the young that are in debt can't dig out, and can't jon the saving/investing class.

Inflation kicks the latter off the wall or makes the first rung on that ladder impossibly high.
TxAgPreacher
S
Don't listen to weasel arguments, by people who make weasel arguments on every issue.
Quote:

Eph 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words
Sophisticated arguments with no substance behind them are obvious. The most intelligent, yet least wise make complicated arguments to say some of the most stupid things. They are reaching hard.

It's called gaslighting. They cannot pee on you, and tell you its raining. The inflation right now is bad. Very bad.

The rapid decrease in inflation rate is because we were at an unprecedented increase in inflation. Of course it will go down quickly after it goes up very quickly.
JClark97
AG
Sims said:

Opalka said:

Sims is 100% correct. In addition, we have to slow spending by reducing the size of government. Do you remember "The Bob's" from the movie Office Space. They were efficiency consultants, hired to get rid of the dead weight. We have to make some tough decisions and figure out what is actually needed of government. We need the government for some things, but we have to prune out the dead branches. Nagonnaworkhereanymore.... At worst, when people retire from "non essential" areas of the government, they need to let that headcount go away. Stop filling these positions. The government is twice the size it needs to be and it's killing us...
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Opalka said:

You really should have sat this one out, goalie.

Goodness…
Viper16
AG
nortex97 said:

And there are posters on this thread/site pulling for Xiden's re-election.
Agree..........leftists, democRATs, independents, CMs, Libertarians, Anti/Never Trumpers and RINOs.

Unbelievable!
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
Ghost Mech
eric76 said:

Logos Stick said:

So it was 3.2 last month and 3.5 this month. LMAO!!! Take out food and energy and its 3.8%.

Seems we are going in the wrong direction. Powell should have raised rates already.
One problem is that the government can adjust the "basket of goods" used to calculate inflation in order to arrive at a more acceptable inflation rate. lies to its citizens every time this data comes out.
FIFY
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Logos Stick said:

nortex97 said:

And there are posters on this thread/site pulling for Xiden's re-election.

The majority on the left only care about social issues now themselves
Fifya
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.