Green Energy is the future, in a world with no hail…

6,835 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by KidDoc
itsyourboypookie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are taxpayers on the hook for this? Or will the woke insurance companies insure it?

Muy
AG
That is what a massive money laundering scam looks like.
richardag
And who will pay for the burial of all these panels and where will they bury them?
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
rocky the dog
AG
Oh, and then there's this...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
itsyourboypookie
richardag said:

And who will pay for the burial of all these panels and where will they bury them?

The local tweekers will haul them off for scrap
Hubert J. Farnsworth
They just finished building a solar farm in Knippa, TX not that long ago. That area from Del Rio to San Antonio, along highway 90, is notorious for bad hail storms every few years. It is obvious that whoever built that solar farm isn't worried in the least about it inevitably being destroyed by hail in the next couple of years. They know our tax dollars will be paying for all of the repairs. What a scam.
Biz Ag
AG
Placing a solar panel farm 40 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

Good call there, chief.

itsyourboypookie
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

They just finished building a solar farm in Knippa, TX not that long ago. That area from Del Rio to San Antonio, along highway 90, is notorious for bad hail storms every few years. It is obvious that whoever built that solar farm isn't worried in the least about it inevitably being destroyed by hail in the next couple of years. They know our tax dollars will be paying for all of the repairs. What a scam.

Why didn't they design them to flip over during bad weather?
Hubert J. Farnsworth
itsyourboypookie said:

Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Why didn't they design them to flip over during bad weather?

Maybe they did. I don't know. Just seemed like a really bad area for a solar farm. Of course, if there was a hail storm like the one in April of 2021, flipping them over wouldn't have done much.
Ag87H2O
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

Are taxpayers on the hook for this? Or will the woke insurance companies insure it?

I live in the area and they are covering up thousands upon thousands of acres of former farmland with these panels. I'm guessing either the feds(us) or the insurer are taking a big hit.

These facilities are also within 5 miles of the Gulf Coast in some cases. Seems like fodder for hurricanes to me.

More green energy nonsense. The federal money would be far better spent on new nuclear plants IMO.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Ag87H2O said:

itsyourboypookie said:

I live in the area and they are covering up thousands upon thousands of acres of former farmland with these panels. I'm guessing either the feds(us) or the insurer are taking a big hit.

These facilities are also within 5 miles of the Gulf Coast in some cases. Seems like fodder for hurricanes to me.

More green energy nonsense. The federal money would be far better spent on new nuclear plants IMO.

The left won't allow that because nuclear is efficient and they know that would be the end of their green scam.
tk111
AG
Its not like these are one-in-a-lifetime storms up here. DFW has cataclysmic hail storms multiple times per year. The whole deal is either a complete fraud to begin with or some folks are hopelessly incompetent. (or insert "whynotboth.gif")
torrid
AG
I think this is the solar farm in question.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.2237352,-95.6497707,10434a,35y,0.24h/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu
Ag87H2O
AG
There are at least two more massive solar farms under construction in the area. One is south of Rosenberg along Highway 90A towards East Bernard in Fort Bend County and another one between Liverpool and Danbury in Brazoria County.

Lots of farmland being lost. No telling how much Roundup they'll have to use to keep all the weeds and brush under control. As with most green energy projects, there are ways unintended consequences and negative impacts to the environment.
TexAg1987
They were talking on the radio this morning about the chemicals inside those panels that is now going to leach into the soil. locals are worried about their water wells.

If someone, insurance or taxpayer, doesn't bail them out then those landowners that leased (i assume it is not owned) the land to the solar company are going to have a massive cleanup when the solar company goes bankrupt.
theJonatron
AG
I'm a wholesale high risk commercial property broker. If there is a lender with interest, you can sure as hell bet they are insured with probably a 1 in 25 year payback period. There will be a loss limit, probably for replacement of the panels and that's it.

Rates on these types of exposures are 4x-5x more than insuring a house.

They do make hail resistant impact glass for these, but if this was done by a developer to farm energy at the lowest cost you can bet corners were cut. It's the same when apartments are built these days. They make $50MM single podium apartment complexes out of wood. Developers could put in building safety sprinkler systems but they are only required to put life safety. Life safety gives enough time in common areas for people to go out, but does not save the building from fire.
AggieUSMC
AG
They could do with some transparent aluminum as roofs for the panels.
C@LAg
TexAg1987
Will get real interesting if they proposed hail resistant glass and then didn't provide it.
TexAg1987
AggieUSMC said:

Or just put them inside with grow lights.
C@LAg
at a minimum, could they not design/require these so that the panels can/have to be able to pivot vertical to minimize the risk of damage from falling hail?

and yes, I am very aware hail storms often come with strong winds that can drive the hail in angled directions. I said "to minimize".
Biz Ag
AG
Quote:

The left won't allow that because nuclear is efficient and they know that would be the end of their green scam.

And because:

The no nukes yell
We're gonna all go to hell
With the next big meltdown

Close to the Borderline
- Billy Joel
Logos Stick
But hey, it's renewable!! Lol
KidDoc
AG
I'm willing to bet they used cheap panels. I have 56 panels and have had no issues with hail for the last 5 years. Mine do carry a 25 year LG manufacturers warranty vs hail damage and production problems.

What you need to know about solar power hail damage (solarreviews.com)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tex100
AG
Bet the left some nasty crap in the Earth from the broken panels
Barnyard96
AG
Remember in the big Texas freeze a few years back, they said we needed more green energy?
CDUB98
AG
All a ****ing scam to make "correct people" rich.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
honestly this is just a lack of critical thinking. how is it overlooked that if they took the propellers from the wind turbines and combined it with the solar panels all green energy could unite to make the world largest margarita maker.
Highway6
AG
Yep, about 50 times the panels in that video would maybe do as much as on nuclear plant
Reload8098
AG
So much waste built on a lie.
AggieVictor10
AG
Drill baby drill
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

RFK/brain worm 2024
Urban Ag
AG
TexAg1987 said:

AggieUSMC said:

And this emergency legislation that I am proposing will fund roofs to be built over all solar farms thus eliminating the damage that can be caused by hail storms, also the result of global climate change

/AOC

Hubert J. Farnsworth
Urban Ag said:

TexAg1987 said:

AggieUSMC said:

And this emergency legislation that I am proposing will fund roofs to be built over all solar farms thus eliminating the damage that can be caused by hail storms, also the result of global climate change

/AOC

Lol.

That would be a perfect Babylon Bee article.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Green energy is the biggest scam ever. All it is a rouse by the left to make energy unaffordable to the middle class, so more wealth will be transferred to the elites.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.