Leftist Al Gore Campaign Manager going to end it by Swiss Poison tomorrow

5,984 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by jrdaustin
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A new way of looking at life

before he goes out he wants everyone to read his book about how to beat Trump and the Republicans.

Philip J Fry
AG
e=mc2
AG
Don't care. Why should you?
Phatbob
AG
I will never understand why some people are so impatient to see what hell is like.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Well in this case, it's because Alzheimer's is a ***** and he doesn't want everyone he knows and loves to be brought down with him. For a lot of people with those kinds of degenerative diseases, they don't want to be a burden to their friends and families and they want their loved ones to remember them as they lived, not as someone who wasted away until their body finally gave up.

ETA Hell, I couldn't put my kids through that. My wife saw her great grandfather go through it, and it was pretty terrible. It really hurt everyone in her family too see him like that for years until he finally passed.
Logos Stick
If that is what's on his mind and his last wish, what an empty, sad, pathetic life.
Pro Sandy
AG
Suicide, whether medically assisted or not, is extremely worse on your family.
Irish 2.0
Good riddance!
Bird Poo
AG
Quote:

This weekend, Malchow arrives in Zurich with Alex, Anne and her two sons from a previous marriage, all wearing long-sleeved yellow shirts that she had printed with U = Q + W the first law of thermodynamics, which states that energy can be neither created nor destroyed. On two separate days, Malchow has appointments with a local psychiatrist, consultations necessary before a lethal prescription can be written. Then on the morning of March 21, Hal and Anne will go to an apartment secured by Dignitas where he will be greeted by the nurse who will administer the fatal dose. (After reading that the medication is very bitter, Malchow picked out the Frango mint chocolates that will accompany it and is currently contemplating whether to pair the candy with champagne or cognac.)
This dude devoted his entire career to the democrat party. It was his religion, and there is not one single mention of God or the afterlife in that entire article. I really don't understand the thermodynamics angle and how that relates to death. It sounds like more of a mockery than anything.

He's been runnimg around bragging about killing himself to his friends and family. Pretty sick.
LMCane
e=mc2 said:

tell me you didn't read the article without telling me.

It's a politics board

here we have the intersection of how to win Presidential elections,

with decisions about euthanasia,

end of life,

alzheimers policy.

yeah, why would anyone care?

BigRobSA
So the guy who never beat "the Republicans" wrote a book on how to beat Republicans?

LOL. Ok.

I've never made it to a professional sportsing league, but please buy my book "How to sports like a pro".
BBRex
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Well in this case, it's because Alzheimer's is a ***** and he doesn't want everyone he knows and loves to be brought down with him. For a lot of people with those kinds of degenerative diseases, they don't want to be a burden to their friends and families and they want their loved ones to remember them as they lived, not as someone who wasted away until their body finally gave up.

ETA Hell, I couldn't put my kids through that. My wife saw her great grandfather go through it, and it was pretty terrible. It really hurt everyone in her family too see him like that for years until he finally passed.
Not the route I would take, but watching my dad go through this, I can sort of understand the appeal of not being a burden. My dad's wife is doing her best, and she has family support, I wouldn't wish being an Alzheimer's caregiver to anyone.
agracer
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Happened to my mom. It was terrible to watch.
BigRobSA
BBRex said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Not the route I would take, but watching my dad go through this, I can sort of understand the appeal of not being a burden. My dad's wife is doing her best, and she has family support, I wouldn't wish being an Alzheimer's caregiver to anyone.

I took care of my Aunt, who was suffering from dementia, for over a year. I was already working in IT, full time, and taking care of my father. It was a chore. But I'd do it all over again. She passed in 2009 and my dad in 2013. But it was an honor/privilege as much as it was draining.
CanyonAg77
AG
I think an Alzheimer's diagnosis might be the only thing that could make me contemplate suicide. The idea of draining hundreds of thousands of dollars from what my wife would need to live on, in exchange for another few years of hell on earth, would not be appealing.

CanyonAg77
AG
On the political side:

Quote:

One central insight from years of Malchow's research, conducted primarily through the Voter Participation Center, is that voters respond better to dispassionate appeals from official-looking sources than glossy, colorful materials that evoke advertising.

Malchow includes a draft of a potential script that shows competing Democratic and Republican congressional candidates and their positions on straightforward policy questions like "Do you support raising taxes on people making more than $400,000 per year?" The script ends with "Now it's your turn to choose. Vote." There's no judgment about the candidate's views, no recommendation on which one is better. If appropriately targeted to voters who do not know much about the candidates or parties but are more likely to agree with the Democrat, Malchow argues, such an ad should help generate votes

Democrat politics at their best. Get ignorant people to agree with lies, and send them out to vote.
rocky the dog
AG
Another leftist hoax. He will take the poison but will not die. Why? Everyone knows that Swiss poison has holes in it.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Science Denier
AG
Even dead, he will still cast a vote for Biden.
LOL OLD
CanyonAg77
AG
rocky the dog said:

Another leftist hoax. He will take the poison but will not die. Why? Everyone knows that Swiss poison has holes in it.
And he's taking it with chocolate. Seems ****oo.

EDIT: TexAgs filter strikes again. I was referring to the clock

Sims
AG
Any chance we could get AI generated pre-print of a study showing a conclusive cure for Alzheimer's to go viral about 10 minutes before hand?
The Kraken
AG
Phatbob said:

I will never understand why some people are so impatient to see what hell is like.
Alzheimer's is hell on Earth. How do you know he's going to eternal hell?
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
annie88
AG
Never heard of him, but if he was with Al Gore, couldn't be too smart.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
bobbranco
AG
Bye Chad!
BigRobSA
annie88 said:

Never heard of him, but if he was with Al Gore, couldn't be too smart.

Wisogynist!
e=mc2
AG
LMCane said:

e=mc2 said:

tell me you didn't read the article without telling me.

It's a politics board

here we have the intersection of how to win Presidential elections,

with decisions about euthanasia,

end of life,

alzheimers policy.

yeah, why would anyone care?

Nah. You just couldn't resist getting in a dig at Trump. Just admit it. It's all you post about. Almost like you get paid to do it. And if you're not getting paid. what a pathetic and sad person you are. So obsessed.
Kozmozag
The dude is wealthy, he can afford the best caregivers, seems strange to me, but one less Biden voter so let him go find out.
Sid Farkas
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

My father is in the mid-late stages of Alzheimer's. He's a shell of his former self. He's starting to not recognize us anymore. Idk what I would (will?) do when I have enough wits to see that coming.
BadMoonRisin
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

My MIL was diagnosed with mild cognitive decline about 5 years ago, last Friday she was evaluated for Alzheimer's. She is in her mid 60's. The severity and the speed of her mental decline has been devastating to the entire extended family.

My wife has been very upset and we have revised our will and discussed what would happen if it were hereditary and she were to suffer the same fate.

I have told her, as well, If I am ever in a state where I become that kind of burden, to just let me go. And maybe euthanasia is part of that.

I guess now, I will write in a addendum to my last will and testament to never let my family abuse my frail mental state and use it as some sort of rallying cry for my political opinions or former profession, like this poor man should have done. And like "doctor Jill" should have done.

But they aren't smooth-brained democrat ******s, so I dont think that they would let that happen either way.

But....just in case.
Malibu
Pro Sandy said:

With respect, I disagree. With alzheimers you die twice. The first time is when youre no longer you, and require 24/7 care living in a fugue state. The second is when your meatsack stops working. I have no interest in having whatever estate I have left going to line the pockets of a memory care facility instead of going to my heirs and charity while we wait for my meatsack to die. After I have died the first time, it is my express wish to be euthanized.

I have a front row seat as a conservator / guardian to a family member with dementia this year, and my wife is fully on board with this for me.
Owlagdad
Sad thing, is Jill won't share with this guy what Joe is taking.
Are you listening, libs? The cure goes to those at the top.
Equity is not a thing in medicine if you are poor or not influential . Y'all are getting hosed just like republicans and other middle class.
LMCane
CanyonAg77 said:

I think an Alzheimer's diagnosis might be the only thing that could make me contemplate suicide. The idea of draining hundreds of thousands of dollars from what my wife would need to live on, in exchange for another few years of hell on earth, would not be appealing.

interesting but I can think of MANY medical conditions much worse than Alzheimers

stomach cancer
ALS Lou Gehrig's Syndrome
Multiple Sclerosis
Rocky Rider
AG
Quote:

interesting but I can think of MANY medical conditions much worse than Alzheimers

stomach cancer
ALS Lou Gehrig's Syndrome
Multiple Sclerosis
IDK what the end looks like for these three illnesses but like other posters I'm watching my 87 father waste away. It's a horrible existence for the patient and family when the mind goes and the rest of the body keeps running. Until my experience I never thought dementia would be a fate worse than death - but it is.

And like others it's caused me to consider my options were I to receive this diagnosis - options I would have never considered before.
aggiehawg
AG
So are we on a death watch on this thread?
BQ78
AG
My mom had MS but we never once would have considered suicide for her. Then she got dementia, that was worse but we still would not have considered suicide for her.
Pro Sandy
AG
Malibu said:

Pro Sandy said:

With respect, I disagree. With alzheimers you die twice. The first time is when youre no longer you, and require 24/7 care living in a fugue state. The second is when your meatsack stops working. I have no interest in having whatever estate I have left going to line the pockets of a memory care facility instead of going to my heirs and charity while we wait for my meatsack to die. After I have died the first time, it is my express wish to be euthanized.

I have a front row seat as a conservator / guardian to a family member with dementia this year, and my wife is fully on board with this for me.
My father in law committed suicide last year. He had Schizophrenia. The last year of his life was very rough. The past year since his death, we aren't better for it. His wife suffers from nightmares every night. My wife is still struggling with it as she was on the phone with her mom when she found him. The grandkids are struggling. And I am struggling. We aren't better for his suicide.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.