Leftist Al Gore Campaign Manager going to end it by Swiss Poison tomorrow

6,007 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by jrdaustin
BQ78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those are fine because you are not taking steps to end their life just not intervening.

When my grandfather was dying the nurses all went into life saving mode. I asked them to wait just five minutes. They did and he died within three minutes. Nothing wrong with that. Killing is what is wrong, whether an unborn child or 100 year old cancer patient.
DatTallArchitect
AG
LMCane said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I think an Alzheimer's diagnosis might be the only thing that could make me contemplate suicide. The idea of draining hundreds of thousands of dollars from what my wife would need to live on, in exchange for another few years of hell on earth, would not be appealing.

interesting but I can think of MANY medical conditions much worse than Alzheimers

stomach cancer
ALS Lou Gehrig's Syndrome
Multiple Sclerosis

Agreed. I lost one grandma to Alzheimers and one to ALS. I'd take Alzheimers 10 times out of 10 to ALS for me or a loved one. I wouldn't wish ALS on my worst enemy
CanyonAg77
AG
One kills the mind and leaves the body. The other kills the body and leaves the mind.

Horrible ending, either way.
redcrayon
AG
Just want to clarify, if you don't mind. Did your dad want to end his life before he became incapacitated?
redcrayon
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

LMCane said:

CanyonAg77 said:

I think an Alzheimer's diagnosis might be the only thing that could make me contemplate suicide. The idea of draining hundreds of thousands of dollars from what my wife would need to live on, in exchange for another few years of hell on earth, would not be appealing.

interesting but I can think of MANY medical conditions much worse than Alzheimers

stomach cancer
ALS Lou Gehrig's Syndrome
Multiple Sclerosis

Agreed. I lost one grandma to Alzheimers and one to ALS. I'd take Alzheimers 10 times out of 10 to ALS for me or a loved one. I wouldn't wish ALS on my worst enemy
Same. Have watched family members die of both. I'd take Alzheimers.
jrdaustin
AG
Bird Poo said:

Quote:

This weekend, Malchow arrives in Zurich with Alex, Anne and her two sons from a previous marriage, all wearing long-sleeved yellow shirts that she had printed with U = Q + W the first law of thermodynamics, which states that energy can be neither created nor destroyed. On two separate days, Malchow has appointments with a local psychiatrist, consultations necessary before a lethal prescription can be written. Then on the morning of March 21, Hal and Anne will go to an apartment secured by Dignitas where he will be greeted by the nurse who will administer the fatal dose. (After reading that the medication is very bitter, Malchow picked out the Frango mint chocolates that will accompany it and is currently contemplating whether to pair the candy with champagne or cognac.)
This dude devoted his entire career to the democrat party. It was his religion, and there is not one single mention of God or the afterlife in that entire article. I really don't understand the thermodynamics angle and how that relates to death. It sounds like more of a mockery than anything.

He's been runnimg around bragging about killing himself to his friends and family. Pretty sick.
Not only that, but there was very little in his worldview about policy and governing.

It was about WINNING, and what it takes to WIN. Not arguments in the arena of ideas, but elections. That's the sum total of his life.

Pretty sad, IMO.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.