Mitch McConnell's SIL dies in car "accident"?

49,775 Views | 404 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by aggiepanic95
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

Angela Chao, the CEO of the dry bulk shipping company Foremost Group and the sister of former Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao, has died in a car accident, according to the company and her family.
LINK

Wait, what?

Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

Chao entered her Tesla and backed into a pond
mmmm ... not that suspicious.
PaulsBunions
AG
Why would a woman from Taiwan be a high ranking member of the CCP?
BluHorseShu
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Angela Chao, the CEO of the dry bulk shipping company Foremost Group and the sister of former Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao, has died in a car accident, according to the company and her family.
LINK

Wait, what?

In before some idiot on here makes some comment about being Chinese or how bad a RINO Mitch is. Hopefully there will be none of that....At least no from other Aggies.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Why do a lot of incidents happen a 'private ranches.'

If you high ranking anything, might be best to decline invitations to a private ranch.

In 2024, that just seems like a bad idea.
tremble
AG
PaulsBunions said:

Kind of a goofy question. Did non-Russian status prohibit Americans from being card-carrying members of the Communist party?

There are plenty of Taiwanese-CCP collaborators, particularly those who travel and have massive business presence on the mainlaind.
Faustus
tremble said:

PaulsBunions said:

Kind of a goofy question. Did non-Russian status prohibit Americans from being card-carrying members of the Communist party?
. . .

It probably kept them out of the Politburo. The clickbait snippet was guilty of gilding the lily with the "almost certainly a high ranking member" bit.
TheCurl84
AG
I'm as lost in this thread as Joe Biden on a dais
MarkTwain
PaulsBunions said:

Jokes on you, she was born and raised in the US
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Sims
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
I can find nothing on the nature of the accident, so where is some Twitter rando getting this from?
ABATTBQ87
AG
What the heck is she doing in Blanco?? Talk about a little bitty pissant country place.
aggiehawg
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

I can find nothing on the nature of the accident, so where is some Twitter rando getting this from?
Was about to post the same thing. But it is curious that the five other news stories about her death have no specifics on anything. Just a "crash" in "Texas."

Weird.
Faustus
ABATTBQ11 said:

The Daily Mail is usually a fun place for sensational material and almost always has the best pics, but its initial salvo is devoid of details apart from a bio about the deceased.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13082833/angela-chao-car-accident-dead.html

Good pics though.

aggiehawg
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

What the heck is she doing in Blanco?? Talk about a little bitty pissant country place.
She lived in Austin.
Sharpshooter
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

Hey, I like Blanco. Nice place just bfore Fredericksburg
rgag12
AG
Sounds like she had a medical episode of some sort while in the car. It happens more often than you'd expect and a lot of time ends in an unfortunate passing.
akm91
AG
But instilled with Chinese cultural values when it comes to education:

Quote:

Angela and her sisters attended prestigious American universities:
The Honorable Elaine L. Chao, Mount Holyoke College, Harvard Business School;
Jeanette C. Chao, Smith College, College of William and Mary;
May M. Chao, Wellesley College, Harvard Business School;
Christine Chao, Colgate University, Columbia Law School;
Grace Chao, Wellesley College, Harvard Business School, Ph.D , Columbia University;
Angela Chao, Harvard University, Harvard Business School.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
HTownAg98
ABATTBQ87 said:

Lots of high dollar ranches out there.
Slicer97
AG
Sharpshooter said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

SHUT UP!!!

If they don't already know about it, they don't need to know about it. Keep nice, quiet places nice, quiet places, capice?
rgag12
AG
Slicer97 said:

Sharpshooter said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

SHUT UP!!!

If they don't already know about it, they don't need to know about it. Keep nice, quiet places nice, quiet places, capice?

You probably got a good 15 years or so before development blows past Spring Branch on 281 and west from Dripping Springs on 290 and overruns the county. Enjoy it while it lasts
oh no
AG
note to self: "SIL" does not always mean "son-in-law"
frenchtoast
Don't rule out the vax
El Gallo Blanco
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Why do a lot of incidents happen a 'private ranches.'

If you high ranking anything, might be best to decline invitations to a private ranch.

In 2024, that just seems like a bad idea.
A lot of my buddies end up getting white boy wasted down at the ranch a few times a year and I could never even conceive of something like this happening.
Rapier108
Not everything is a conspiracy.

Accidents do happen, and most of the time it is just that; not some grand evil scheme.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
El Gallo Blanco
Foreverconservative said:

PaulsBunions said:

Jokes on you, she was born and raised in the US
So, much more likely to be sympathetic to CCP than if native Taiwanese.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Sharpshooter said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

I lived off of RR 32 for years and know lots of folks in Blanco
Tramp96
Who drives a Tesla to a ranch?
oh no
AG
Tramp96 said:

maybe it was a cyber truck
akm91
AG
oh no said:

Tramp96 said:

maybe it was a cyber truck
They are even uglier in person than their images. Saw one in the neighbor's driveway; it's hideous.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
oh no
AG
i saw one today at work. very unique-looking. certainly catches a lot of eyeballs. that being said, if one of them just drove this lady into a lake and drowned her, there could be some negative news coming.
aggiehawg
AG
Not much else is being updated on this story. She died Sunday, reportedly. But did hear this, FWIW.

Maybe surveillance video?
C@LAg
i think the prudent thing at this juncture is to

ban all female Asian drivers

and Teslas.

everywhere

they did for the 737 Maxes, should do it for the Tesla deathtraps.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Tramp96 said:

Rich people ranches aren't like your ranch. My last company did work for a VERY wealthy guy on his "ranch" putting in airplane hangars for his aircraft fleet. I saw pictures of the place, and it was certainly somewhere someone might drive a Tesla to.
EVAg
AG
This is a terribly insensitive thread and should be taken down for the good of all Aggies.

Angela was a close neighbor, a casual friend of my wife's, and a member of our church. She was an amazing person, one of the nicest you'll ever meet. She was just asking for advice on schools for her not-yet-elementary age baby, who she leaves behind and now won't grow up with a mom because a trucker ran a red light.

It's a tragedy.

My wife (not an ag & not on TA) sent me a text today when this thread made its way around the web with the quote "your aggies are a-holes". Come on y'all.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.