Super Bowl Commercials

28,050 Views | 319 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ag with kids
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agwrestler said:

Anonymous Source said:

I can't imagine sinking 4+ hours of my time watching something just to complain about it.

I've done that for 50% of Aggie football games since my freshman year of 99.

On a semi-serious note, it's amazing how this board can take anything and twist it into a horrific negative. We just watched a football game and people are trying to convince others the result is the work of the devil. It takes a LOT of work to be so negative all the time.
AggieUSMC
AG
The Jesus commercial was one of the biggest heretical loads of crap I've seen on TV. And that's saying a lot.

All the other commercials were fine.
EclipseAg
AG
Back to OP ...

Overall, the commercials were weak.

The humor was poor and the ideas were derivative. So many relied on "celebrity shock," something that's been used for more than 20 years.

The advertising industry has lost its ability to tell a focused story or utilize humor to sell a product. Political correctness and forced inclusion have stripped away the creativity.
No Spin Ag
TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

Logos Stick said:

Satan is the god of this world. Most of the time on this planet, evil wins. For example, one of his henchmen is sitting in the WH.

We will keep fighting the good fight regardless because in the end, we win.

Satan is more powerful and superior to Jesus and God (Jehovah)?

That's so not how it was made to seem in church.

Yes, Earth is Satan's playground... the Holy Trinity rules the life eternal

So then everything that happens on the planet is because Satan makes it so? And if that's the case, why should anyone pray for help from God for anything on the planet?

What denomination are you? Do you go to church? Have you been baptized?

I don't mean to sound condescending, just trying to figure out where your knowledge level is.

I was raised Catholic and yes I've been baptized. I don't get what that has to do with it being said that Satan is the god of this world, which is what I was trying to understand how that could be.

Jesus referred to him Satan as "the ruler of this world" (John 12:31), and Paul calls the devil "the prince of the power of the air" (Ephesians 2:2) and "the god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:4). John makes a further distinction when he says: "We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19)

Thanks for the refresher. Now I get where he was coming from.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
No Spin Ag
EclipseAg said:

Back to OP ...

Overall, the commercials were weak.

The humor was poor and the ideas were derivative. So many relied on "celebrity shock," something that's been used for more than 20 years.

The advertising industry has lost its ability to tell a focused story or utilize humor to sell a product. Political correctness and inclusion have stripped away the creativity.

What upset me the most were the, 'Watch the trailer now online." It was like they took out an ad to tell you to go watch their real ad somewhere else.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Muy
AG
Enzomatic said:

Mike Hancho said:

Enzomatic said:

TAMUallen said:

Soccer commercial during the superbowl... woof.

Big miss by anheuser Busch again

How are they so dumb?!

Are we supposed to know who that guy is? No clue he was a soccer player that's apparently famous until Dan Marino showed up.

Know you're audience.

You don't know who the most popular athlete in the world is?

Sorry, I'm not European.

Well, he came over to MLS league and plays for Miami, putting American soccer on the map in arguably the biggest sports move globally.
Muy
AG
No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

Logos Stick said:

Satan is the god of this world. Most of the time on this planet, evil wins. For example, one of his henchmen is sitting in the WH.

So then everything that happens on the planet is because Satan makes it so? And if that's the case, why should anyone pray for help from God for anything on the planet?

I don't mean to sound condescending, just trying to figure out where your knowledge level is.

I was raised Catholic and yes I've been baptized. I don't get what that has to do with it being said that Satan is the god of this world, which is what I was trying to understand how that could be.

Jesus referred to him Satan as "the ruler of this world" (John 12:31), and Paul calls the devil "the prince of the power of the air" (Ephesians 2:2) and "the god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:4). John makes a further distinction when he says: "We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19)

When He refers to the world, he's referring to man and all of the things of this world that are apart from God. Sin.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Reno Hightower
"Shut your face, Barrymore"
BadMoonRisin
AG
That was my point. The man was already in the building and is one of the hottest acts of the last few years.

No need to dig up Usher and Lil Jon.
93MarineHorn
ts5641 said:

Bearpitbull said:

Finally, a Jesus commercial that will upset both ends of the political spectrum. Many on the left hate the idea of religion. They look down on tbose of us who are believers. Many on the right have accepted judgement instead of Jesus into their heart. I thought the ad was great. Captured the love, offer and grace of Jesus.
Terrible ad. A white police officer washing a black man's feet? Washing a woman's feet in front of an abortion clinic? What's the point? The ad was more political than about Jesus.
It was weird....and gay. Like they just wanted to troll football fans.
Independence H-D
" advertising industry has lost its ability to tell a focused story or utilize humor to sell a product. Political correctness and forced inclusion have stripped away the creativity."

On a national level for sure. However, some of us are still out there.

I am writing and producing a spot right now for a roll off dumpster completely that I am titling.....

"Your mother is a hoar...der"
EskimoJoe
AggieVictor10
AG
Logos Stick said:

tremble said:

Hoyt Ag said:

America lost tonight.

Wait, you were rooting for the godless Mecca of San Francisco?

Purdy is a Christian, and the last pick of the draft, and almost signed with the Ags, so yeah I was. The irony of Purdy leading that team is thick. It was good versus evil, and evil won tonight.

Triple boosted woke Travis Swift and his boy friend Mahomes.

It was a football game.
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
No Spin Ag
Muy said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

Logos Stick said:

When He refers to the world, he's referring to man and all of the things of this world that are apart from God. Sin.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Old Army Metal said:

Oh crap, the wicked witch of the west is being played by a black woman. Brace yourselves.
Wait, we have a problem with a black woman wearing the green paint instead of a white woman? Seems legit for this board.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
911sAg
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Old Army Metal said:

Oh crap, the wicked witch of the west is being played by a black woman. Brace yourselves.
Wait, we have a problem with a black woman wearing the green paint instead of a white woman? Seems legit for this board.

A black woman playing a witch seems right actually in todays society
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
911sAg said:

Old Army Metal said:

A black woman playing a witch seems right actually in todays society.
I'm not even sure what that means.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
BassCowboy33
911sAg said:

Old Army Metal said:

A black woman playing a witch seems right actually in todays society

[whistles in awkward flat]
No Spin Ag

911sAg said:

Old Army Metal said:

Ditto.
Ag with kids
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

Logos Stick said:

I was raised a Lutheran and don't remember that part...maybe it's more of an evangelical church thing????

BTW, I really don't get the animosity towards the He Gets Us commercials. Isn't evangelizing and spreading the word of the gospel a big part of what Christianity is supposed to do?

I don't care about the group that's doing it - just spreading it sounds like a good thing if they can bring some folks into the fold.

BTW, I say this as a deist now, so, I really have no dog in the fight anymore. But, just an observation.
Ag with kids
AG

911sAg said:

Old Army Metal said:

Maybe it's a Netflix adaptation?
No Spin Ag
Ag with kids said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

Logos Stick said:

I was raised a Lutheran and don't remember that part...maybe it's more of an evangelical church thing????

BTW, I really don't get the animosity towards the He Gets Us commercials. Isn't evangelizing and spreading the word of the gospel a big part of what Christianity is supposed to do?

I don't care about the group that's doing it - just spreading it sounds like a good thing if they can bring some folks into the fold.

BTW, I say this as a deist now, so, I really have no dog in the fight anymore. But, just an observation.

I'm a Deist as well, and I have no problem with the commercials, just like I have no problem with the folks that go to other countries to spread the word. I always get a kick when I see youth groups at a Starbuck or restaurant on their way to spread the word somewhere. It's quite an uplifting thing to see.

It's cool meeting a fellow Deist. I haven't really met any others.
Mongolian Christmas
Logos Stick said:

tremble said:

Hoyt Ag said:

America lost tonight.

Purdy is a Christian, and the last pick of the draft, and almost signed with the Ags, so yeah I was. The irony of Purdy leading that team is thick. It was good versus evil, and evil won tonight.

Brother, you really need to reevaluate your life.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
The word "evil" gets thrown around her about as haphazardly as the word "racism" or "_______phobe" by liberals.
911sAg

911sAg said:

Old Army Metal said:

you know black girl attitude just go look youtube.
911sAg
Mongolian Christmas said:

Logos Stick said:

tremble said:

Hoyt Ag said:

America lost tonight.

Brother, you really need to reevaluate your life.
why hes right
BassCowboy33

The word "evil" gets thrown around her about as haphazardly as the word "racism" or "_______phobe" by liberals.

"Evil" is basically a euphemism for "something I don't agree with" these days.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
The black women I work with don't seem to have those issues that you see on YouTube. Maybe spend less time on the internet and more in the real world.
911sAg

The black women I work with don't seem to have those issues that you see on YouTube. Maybe spend less time on the internet and more in the real world.
Is this like the I know a few good Muslims that live on my street response?

Sterotypes exist for a reason, you win no woke points.
misterguinness
AG
AggieUSMC said:

The Jesus commercial was one of the biggest heretical loads of crap I've seen on TV. And that's saying a lot.

All the other commercials were fine.
I saw a "He Gets Us. Jesus was Pro-Choice too" sticker at my local grocery store. The whole thing is a designed effort to dismiss traditional Christian values and institute social justice values. Slowly ingrain acceptance of homosexuality, transgenderism, etc. This aligns with the Communist Agenda Goals of 1963:

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch".

Even their website looks like every other leftist "Non-Profit" website. Just take note of #inclusive.

Father of Lies doing his work!
2+2=5
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
911sAg said:

Is this like the I know a few good Muslims that live on my street response?

Sterotypes exist for a reason, you win no woke points.
Again, step away from the internet stereotypes.
Faustus

I like to throw in "Satan's minions" just to mix things up occasionally.
Ag with kids
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Ag with kids said:

No Spin Ag said:

Muy said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

No Spin Ag said:

Logos Stick said:

I'm a Deist as well, and I have no problem with the commercials, just like I have no problem with the folks that go to other countries to spread the word. I always get a kick when I see youth groups at a Starbuck or restaurant on their way to spread the word somewhere. It's quite an uplifting thing to see.

It's cool meeting a fellow Deist. I haven't really met any others.

It's good company with Thomas Jefferson and George Washington...
pdc093
Mike Hancho said:

What the **** is TEMU

'rona virus.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.