Super Bowl Commercials

28,056 Views | 319 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ag with kids
buzzardb267
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What a MASSIVE derail!!!!!!
"ROGER - OUT"
sleepybeagle
AG
Quote:

It's cool meeting a fellow Deist. I haven't really met any others.
Deist question for you - why would you believe God would create this world and all of us in it... and then just abandon it? I know you might be focusing on all of the evil in this world and ask "why would a loving God allow evil?" - but man chose free will and the evil that comes with it - we're not robots we choose to go against good and do evil. That isn't on God.

If the opposite of love is indifference... then you must believe that God hates this world right? Why would he create something he hates?

Most creative people I know love their own work - for example the Beatles sat in the studio and listened to Hey Jude all night after they finished recording it.

Why would God go to all of his work... and then turn his back on it all?
EskimoJoe
Albatross Necklace said:

Strange how the commercial with the history of Volkswagon started in 1949.

I guess Volkswagon didn't exist before 1949...

ShaggySLC
EskimoJoe said:

Albatross Necklace said:

Strange how the commercial with the history of Volkswagon started in 1949.

I guess Volkswagon didn't exist before 1949...

Thought about that the entire commercial
Ag with kids
AG
sleepybeagle said:

Quote:

It's cool meeting a fellow Deist. I haven't really met any others.
Deist question for you - why would you believe God would create this world and all of us in it... and then just abandon it? I know you might be focusing on all of the evil in this world and ask "why would a loving God allow evil?" - but man chose free will and the evil that comes with it - we're not robots we choose to go against good and do evil. That isn't on God.

If the opposite of love is indifference... then you must believe that God hates this world right? Why would he create something he hates?

Most creative people I know love their own work - for example the Beatles sat in the studio and listened to Hey Jude all night after they finished recording it.

Why would God go to all of his work... and then turn his back on it all?
You're going too deep.

Deism = There is a god.

Ok, we're done.

Why would a deist need to ask "why would a loving God allow evil?" Doesn't matter. And also presumes a "loving God". And why would we believe god hates this world. We just said there is a god.

Maybe god just wants to play pick up sticks with the universe and see how everything lays out after bouncing around for awhile?

You put a whole lot of requirements in your premise that don't need to be there.

But, this is better question for the Religion Board...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.