The Tucker interview with Putin

29,334 Views | 486 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by oh no
Pookers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teslag said:

Pookers said:

Teslag said:

Pookers said:

Teslag said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Teslag said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Teslag said:

snowdog90 said:

Teslag said:

Woods Ag said:

Ok, so I misspoke about nukes. They irrelevant as stated above. We could have a sub in the sea next to Russia now and probably do.

Doesn't matter. It is aggressive action toward russia to suggest and work towards Ukraine joining nato. That was stupid if we weren't looking for a fight. Like
I said before, smart people in Washington know this and they did it anyways, meaning they wanted this.

**** them for that.

So you don't think Ukraine has any reason to join a defensive pact? None whatsoever?

I can't believe this question.

Putin wanted NATO to stay out of Ukraine and was going to sign a peace treaty if they did. Ukraine says no, we want NATO and their "defensive pact".

The results of that have been a Russian invasion and hundreds of thousands of dead Ukrainians. How is that "defensive pact" working so far?

Zelenski may not care about this because he is a corrupt puppet of Biden and Boris Johnson, but the people of Ukraine would go back and sign that treaty in a second if they could.

Yes, Putin is horrible, and the invasion is horrible, but it could have and should have been avoided. And it could be ended, but the warmongers of the west don't want that. They're making too much money.

And, as always, it's the masses that are suffering and being killed in a war they probably don't understand and never wanted.

Putin wanted Ukraine to be a part of Russia. How does Ukraine avoid that without war?

What makes Ukraine worth our investment given how corrupt it is? Why should we care more than its citizens?

You don't have to. And it's valid to not care and not want to spend your tax dollars assisting.

But that doesn't mean people have to then justify Russias invasion and/or support the murder and rape of the Ukrainian people.

What is the end result of the war and how will the US benefit from it?

Hopefully the end results is Ukraine exists and Russia remains significantly weakened. A weakened Russia is good for the US. They do not value western ideals.

What western ideas? Tans-ing kids? Rainbow flags over every military base? Materialism? Satan statues in state houses?

You know who hates the west? The actual commies that have been imbedded in our own government for the last 100 years.

Yes, western ideals are only reduced down to LGBT issues. Brilliant insight.

A non answer then.

Like for like

You glossed over a couple of our core vales from my list it seems. And Id bet a large sum of money there are more anti western subversives in our own government than in moscow. The same people that ruined russia have been in the US for a long time.
ReturnOfTheAg
AG
txags92 said:

GenericAggie said:

txags92 said:

AtticusMatlock said:

That's the whole point of the US sending arms to Ukraine. Ukraine is in the way of Russia's real targets.
And it is a hell of a lot cheaper to pay for the Ukrainians to bleed the Russians dry of men and equipment than it would be to go to the aid of NATO member Poland with our own men and equipment 10 years from now if we let Russia take what they want from Ukraine.

You think we're bleeding them dry? You don't know the economics of the situation in terms of cost and manufacturing capabilities, specifically bullets and heavy equipment. Our manufacturing capabilities is poor at best. Bullets? Not a good situation. Maybe we're ramping up manufacturing but 6 months ago, by our own accounts, we're not bleeding Russia dry of anything. They can manufacture 4x the bullets at 25% the cost.
Cool, now do modern tanks and guided missiles. I am sure they are buying artillery from the Norks and drones from Iran just to help share the economic largesse with their ideological buddies? Can't possibly be because they can't manufacture enough of what they really need, right? And I am sure they are bringing unmodernized T-62s out of storage because they are a better choice for the task than the 200 T-90s they claim to be building every month?

The Russians are bleeding their economy of military aged (and older) men that they didn't have enough of to begin with and lost a huge chunk of their best and brightest who fled the country, never to return. The long term impacts of what this war is doing to Russia will go far beyond whether they can manufacture ammunition or not. And at the same time, we are modernizing our stockpiles and ramping up our own production capabilities that will make us stronger in the future. We are learning a great deal about how our weapons systems work in the real world and are getting direct knowledge of how the Russian systems perform as well.

All without putting a single American life at risk. We have helped the Ukrainians kill a huge number of Russians and destroy billions of dollars of top line Russian ships, planes, helicopters, tanks, electronic warfare equipment, etc. for a bargain price compared to what it would cost us in money and lives to do it ourselves.

I'm late to this, but I don't understand why people on this board can't get this through their head

8% of our National Defense Budget over the last 2 years.

EIGHT. If anything that's a good damn value to destroy literally thousands of Russia's most capable equipment, all while real-world testing even our outdated systems, which we will improve for the next fight.

It will take them years to reconstitute their forces to the same level again, and even then, they will have to spend even more time working to try and counter all our capabilities that punched them in the mouth.

Yet we have people babbling like THEY are losing money. Do you understand how budgeting works? Your money has been used to EVENTUALLY serve this purpose since the Cold War but now it's a problem?
txags92
AG
Woods Ag said:

NATO is a real threat to Russia's plans to invade their neighbors and set up puppet governments.
FIFY

And preventing Russia from doing that to sovereign nations is the whole reason NATO was created. Why would Russia's neighbors NOT want to join an alliance specifically created to prevent Russian aggression? NATO is zero threat to Russia if Russia wants to live in peace with its neighbors and the rest of the world.
Woods Ag
AG
So let them join NATO 25 years ago and we may not be here... They don't need buffers if they're on the team, right?
txags92
AG
ReturnOfTheAg said:

txags92 said:

GenericAggie said:

txags92 said:

AtticusMatlock said:

That's the whole point of the US sending arms to Ukraine. Ukraine is in the way of Russia's real targets.
And it is a hell of a lot cheaper to pay for the Ukrainians to bleed the Russians dry of men and equipment than it would be to go to the aid of NATO member Poland with our own men and equipment 10 years from now if we let Russia take what they want from Ukraine.

You think we're bleeding them dry? You don't know the economics of the situation in terms of cost and manufacturing capabilities, specifically bullets and heavy equipment. Our manufacturing capabilities is poor at best. Bullets? Not a good situation. Maybe we're ramping up manufacturing but 6 months ago, by our own accounts, we're not bleeding Russia dry of anything. They can manufacture 4x the bullets at 25% the cost.
Cool, now do modern tanks and guided missiles. I am sure they are buying artillery from the Norks and drones from Iran just to help share the economic largesse with their ideological buddies? Can't possibly be because they can't manufacture enough of what they really need, right? And I am sure they are bringing unmodernized T-62s out of storage because they are a better choice for the task than the 200 T-90s they claim to be building every month?

The Russians are bleeding their economy of military aged (and older) men that they didn't have enough of to begin with and lost a huge chunk of their best and brightest who fled the country, never to return. The long term impacts of what this war is doing to Russia will go far beyond whether they can manufacture ammunition or not. And at the same time, we are modernizing our stockpiles and ramping up our own production capabilities that will make us stronger in the future. We are learning a great deal about how our weapons systems work in the real world and are getting direct knowledge of how the Russian systems perform as well.

All without putting a single American life at risk. We have helped the Ukrainians kill a huge number of Russians and destroy billions of dollars of top line Russian ships, planes, helicopters, tanks, electronic warfare equipment, etc. for a bargain price compared to what it would cost us in money and lives to do it ourselves.

I'm late to this, but I don't understand why people on this board can't get this through their head

EIGHT. If anything that's a good damn value to destroy literally thousands of Russia's most capable equipment, all while real-world testing even our outdated systems, which we will improve for the next fight.

It will take them years to reconstitute their forces to the same level again, and even then, they will have to spend even more time working to try and counter all our capabilities that punched them in the mouth.

Yet we have people babbling like THEY are losing money. Do you understand how budgeting works? Your money has been used to EVENTUALLY serve this purpose since the Cold War but now it's a problem?
Exactly! And of that 8%, only a small amount is going to Ukraine as cash. Most of it is going to US arms manufacturers to modernize our own weapons systems, while letting Ukraine destroy Russian equipment using the older and less modern dregs from our own arsenal.
txags92
AG
Woods Ag said:

So let them join NATO 25 years ago and we may not be here... They don't need buffers if they're on the team, right?
That assumes that once they are on the team they stop behaving as Russia has for centuries. Turkey is part of NATO, but their actions of late have not made them a good team member in many ways. I don't think that anybody was ready to take any Russian assurances or agreements at face value 25 years ago. You can't just set aside 4 decades of broken agreements and historical animosity that way.
Teslag
AG
Woods Ag said:

NATO is a real threat to Russia.

We would do the same thing if the tables were turned, and we did in the one instance that is similar.

NATO is absolutely a threat to Russian land grabs. For good reason.
Teslag
AG
Has it occurred to you that Ukraine would rather be a team member like Latvia is in NATO or like Georgia and Belarussia are to Russia?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Unless Russia is using Ukraine to weaken us, thus enabling China.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Teslag said:

Has it occurred to you that Ukraine would rather be a team member like Latvia is in NATO or like Georgia and Belarussia are to Russia?

Russia asked for membership too.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Quote:

. You should name names. Who on this thread has supported "the murder and rape of the Ukrainian people"?

Anyone justifying the Ukraine invasion, because rape and murder of civilians is what the Russians troops do. It's who they are.

Slaughter every single one of them in Ukraine.

According to?
Teslag
AG
This isn't the Russian propaganda thread. Don't muck it up with your trolling.
ReturnOfTheAg
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Teslag said:

And you expect that after years of brinksmanship and ill will that they would just fall into NATO and things would be happy-go-lucky.

Russians are prideful. They're arrogant. And they think that they deserve the highest seat in that national order.

Putin, exemplifies that. He actively makes blanket statements about American ideals, our government, conspiracies, etc.. and constantly uses the statement "Well, they didn't listen to me, so I had to do this" or "Here in Russia, we have the very best things" blah blah blah

He uses backroom slights to justify atrocities.

I wish more people in our country understood that he is actively trying to divide us, and that is the main driver for most of his comments. He can make statements that resonate with groups of Americans but at the root he's a ruthless killer who has sent hundreds of thousands of his people to die, ripped them from their towns in the outskirts of Russia to go to war for the more fortunate in their population centers, and completely decimated their fighting age population.
samurai_science
ReturnOfTheAg said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Teslag said:

And you expect that after years of brinksmanship and ill will that they would just fall into NATO and things would be happy-go-lucky.

Russians are prideful. They're arrogant. And they think that they deserve the highest seat in that national order.

Putin, exemplifies that. He actively makes blanket statements about American ideals, our government, conspiracies, etc.. and constantly uses the statement "Well, they didn't listen to me, so I had to do this" or "Here in Russia, we have the very best things" blah blah blah

I wish more people in our country understood that he is actively trying to divide us, and that is the main driver for most of his comments. He can make statements that resonate with groups of Americans but at the root he's a ruthless killer who has sent hundreds of thousands of his people to die, ripped them from their farms in the outskirts to go to war, and completely decimated their fighting age population.
Who cares about Putin, just stop spending our money on Ukraine

We are already divided, and the Democrats are the real enemy to my way of life.
ReturnOfTheAg
AG
"Your" money has been budgeted for this very purpose going on 40 years.

And just because it isn't what you like, and damages your "way of life" or at least your absolutist perception of your way of life, doesn't give you justification to abandon millions to a foreign adversary because you seem to think an extra $30-40 billion here or there will solve your problems.
samurai_science
ReturnOfTheAg said:

"Your" money has been budgeted for this very purpose going on 40 years.
Yes and I want it to stop. And we can start with not funding The Ukraine
74OA
AG
Putin laughs at Tucker after the "interview".

SOFTBALL
Woods Ag
AG
samurai_science said:

Who cares about Putin, just stop spending our money on Ukraine

We are already divided, and the Democrats are the real enemy to my way of life.
Amen to this.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
74OA said:

SOFTBALL

You put interview in quotes for some reason. I'm curious, what would you call it?
Woods Ag
AG
ReturnOfTheAg said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Teslag said:

I wish more people in our country understood that he is actively trying to divide us, and that is the main driver for most of his comments. He can make statements that resonate with groups of Americans but at the root he's a ruthless killer who has sent hundreds of thousands of his people to die, ripped them from their towns in the outskirts of Russia to go to war for the more fortunate in their population centers, and completely decimated their fighting age population.
Americans aren't any of these things at all.. lol. We're more prideful and more arrogant than anyone else in the world.
Woods Ag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

. You should name names. Who on this thread has supported "the murder and rape of the Ukrainian people"?

Anyone justifying the Ukraine invasion, because rape and murder of civilians is what the Russians troops do. It's who they are.

According to?
Here's the thing. American's have never raped any women in those vietnam and korean villages. That was never an issue at all.

Rape has been something that invading forces have done since the dawn of time. It's disgusting, and it's no different for any army. It's what happens when we dehumanize the opposing side. We commit all sorts of atrocities.
Pookers
AG
Woods Ag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

According to?
Here's the thing. American's have never raped any women in those vietnam and korean villages. That was never an issue at all.

Rape has been something that invading forces have done since the dawn of time. It's disgusting, and it's no different for any army. It's what happens when we dehumanize the opposing side. We commit all sorts of atrocities.

Salutethevaxxes has gotten jabbed so much he/she has a wireless connection directly to the neocon propaganda machine.
BadMoonRisin
AG
ReturnOfTheAg said:

txags92 said:

GenericAggie said:

txags92 said:

AtticusMatlock said:

Are you saying the National Defense Budget had 8% cut out of the annual earmarked budget and used it to send them money and weapons?

Or are you saying we have only sent 8% of the federal governments biggest line-item incrementally to Ukraine?

Those are two very different things.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Yeah its strange to me the other poster pretends those are uniquely Russian traits when the same could be said about us, the french, Chile, and others.
74OA
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

74OA said:

SOFTBALL

You put interview in quotes for some reason. I'm curious, what would you call it?
Based on Tucker's minimal participation in it, a lecture?
Teslag
AG
Woods Ag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

According to?

The difference is we don't push it from the top as the Russians do
Teslag
AG
Every time I've deployed we had hours of classes and briefings on how to respect and not offend the locals and civilians.

You think the Russians do that? Or do they just go back to purposely rocketing residential areas?
Agthatbuilds
Funky Winkerbean said:

Teslag said:

snowdog90 said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

Who on Texags is justifying Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Anyone suggesting Russia has a right and justification for invading a sovereign neighbor

They absolutely have the right, they were threatened and denied a chance to negotiate.

Threatened because an entire independent sovereign nation wished to join a defensive pact that would help keep Russia from invading?

Do you see how silly your argument is?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
74OA said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

74OA said:

SOFTBALL

What were you expecting? Did you Think Tucker flew all the way to Moscow to listen to himself talk?
74OA
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

74OA said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

74OA said:

SOFTBALL

What were you expecting? Did you Think Tucker flew all the way to Moscow to listen to himself talk?
A professional interview includes Q&A and probing/challenging the responses, not just sitting there and listening to a nonstop history lecture--the accuracy of which has been repeatedly debunked in recent years.

As the article points out, even Putin laughed at Tucker's passivity.
Old McDonald
Pookers said:

What western ideas? Tans-ing kids? Rainbow flags over every military base? Materialism? Satan statues in state houses?

You know who hates the west? The actual commies that have been imbedded in our own government for the last 100 years.
oh you know, democracy, peaceful transfer of power, freedom to criticize the government without getting thrown out a window, indoor plumbing, world-leading standards of living, the usual

but at least they hate the gays, very based!
Woods Ag
AG
when you frame it the way you do then you can make it seem silly. but when you take into account everything that has been said here, it is not.

but keep misconstruing things so you ahve the upper hand (at least in your own mind). ignore the points that go against you and the rest just holler "misinformation" or "not relevant" or whatever. lol

we'll just keep going in circles for the next 2 weeks covering the same **** and you'll keep closing your eyes and hollering "russia bad. misinformation.. propaganda!!" like the US doesn't participate in the propaganda game, as well. It's a defensive pact, I tell ya!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
74OA said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

74OA said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

74OA said:

SOFTBALL

A professional interview includes Q&A and probing/challenging the responses, not just sitting there and listening to a nonstop history lecture--the accuracy of which has been repeatedly debunked in recent years.

Agreed, but it's childish to try to say it wasn't an interview because it hurtz feelz.
Agthatbuilds
Lol. Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Wake me up when nato invades Russia. Or even Belarus.
74OA
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

74OA said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

74OA said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

74OA said:

SOFTBALL

Agreed, but it's childish to try to say it wasn't an interview because it hurtz feelz.
All you got is "hurtz feelz"? That's childish. <eye roll>

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.