The Tucker interview with Putin

29,316 Views | 486 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by oh no
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teslag said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Correction said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

But my main takeaway was how stupid and trashy our politicians are in comparison. I was fine with Russia doing their own thing and for us letting them settle old border skirmishes that we have no business involving ourselves in. Now I'm actively rooting for them to take what is theirs...it's the way of the world.

This board never ceases to amaze me. Jesus Christ.

Care to actually refute the post you quoted? I am interested in your take.

What specifically do you want him to refute?
The White Rooster made a post that correction thought was amazing. It was so amazing, correction praised Jesus for it.
Woods Ag
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

Teslag said:

Correction said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

But my main takeaway was how stupid and trashy our politicians are in comparison. I was fine with Russia doing their own thing and for us letting them settle old border skirmishes that we have no business involving ourselves in. Now I'm actively rooting for them to take what is theirs...it's the way of the world.

You're the guy who just posts things like "Dead Russians" with a "thumbs up" emoji. You also hoped that people who faked vaccine cards to keep their jobs would be reported to HR and law enforcement.

i think he's trying to get a rebuttal from a more reasonable person.
That's pretty damning..

You know who you don't want in your foxhole lol
BluHorseShu
AG
Woods Ag said:

didn't say that...

If you can't show the most basic level of decency and respect your fellow man/woman then I'm in favor of it.
I don't disagree that we should expect a basic level of respect and decency, and even call out those that don't. I just don't think our country is set up to allow beatings of *******s....even if many absolutely deserve it.

However, if they are breaking the law, I am all for options for harsher punishments, if it still falls within the 8th amendment.
nortex97
AG

This whole proxy war is disgusting beyond words.
Teslag
AG
What specially do you want him to refute?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Woods Ag said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Teslag said:

Correction said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

You're the guy who just posts things like "Dead Russians" with a "thumbs up" emoji. You also hoped that people who faked vaccine cards to keep their jobs would be reported to HR and law enforcement.

i think he's trying to get a rebuttal from a more reasonable person.
That's pretty damning..

You know who you don't want in your foxhole lol

Nailed it. My watchlist was blue for this thread but I didn't see a direct reply which meant it came from one of like four people on my ignore list lol.
boboguitar
AG
nortex97 said:

This whole proxy war is disgusting beyond words.
It's almost like Putin has lied at every step of the way in this war.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Now do Ukraineā€¦

ā€¦oh yeahā€¦that's right.
Teslag
AG
Remember to alwyas check Nortex' links. From the Reuters article

Quote:

three Russian sources with knowledge of the discussions told Reuters.

Quote:

A third source with knowledge of the discussions said: "Everything fell apart with the Americans." The source said that the Americans did not want to pressure Ukraine.

Remember this is Biden's proxy war forcing Ukraine to fight but now it's also our fault because we aren't forcing Ukraine to do our bidding.

Pick a narrative
nortex97
AG
Everyone knows not to trust any summation of other people's thoughts provided by Teslag. Most especially related to Tesla, vaccines, Russia, or war in general. I've never seen a single accurate summary from this poster of anyone else' thoughts/links, tbf.
boboguitar
AG

Now do Ukraineā€¦

Ukraine lied about being invaded?
El Gallo Blanco
Teslag said:

That Putin runs circles around just about all of our leaders, cognitively and in terms of knowledge of own country and it's history. A very small % of our leaders could even pull off a 2 hour long form interview.
Woods Ag
AG
Not without preestablished talking points and questions.
Teslag
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

Teslag said:

That Putin runs circles around just about all of our leaders, cognitively and in terms of knowledge of own country and it's history. A very small % of our leaders could even pull off a 2 hour long form interview.

Ted Cruz would make him look like a f'ing moron
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Ted Cruz would make him look like a f'ing moron
Were Ted fluent in Russian, that would be something I'd want to see and hear. Translation muddies the water too much.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Remember to alwyas check Nortex' links. From the Reuters article

Quote:

three Russian sources with knowledge of the discussions told Reuters.

Quote:

A third source with knowledge of the discussions said: "Everything fell apart with the Americans." The source said that the Americans did not want to pressure Ukraine.

Remember this is Biden's proxy war forcing Ukraine to fight but now it's also our fault because we aren't forcing Ukraine to do our bidding.

Pick a narrative

"Pick a narrative" from the poster that will cite Russia State Propaganda if it makes the Uke feelz gud but also cries wolf.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
boboguitar said:

Now do Ukraineā€¦

Ukraine lied about being invaded?

Sorry. I forgot you were here, bobo. I'll make sure and type slower next time.
nortex97
AG

Correct.
oh no
AG
Putin can go way back in history over centuries to explain the connections to orthodoxy and language and everything else, but you don't have to go that far back to see the "not another inch" claims from the west that they reneged on, or the 2014 Maidan coup d'etat in Ukraine that our CIA had a hand in planning and executing, or Biden's comments insinuating that the west may not get involved if there was a a "minor incursion" into Ukraine, immediately following his embarrassing Afghan exit in which he turned some former cave-dwelling land barons into a full fledged country with billions of dollars of our military assets. We provoked and provoked over decades and helped turn Ukraine into one of the most corrupt places on the planet while our own politicians used it as a money laundering playground.

If you really want people to not die over there, then broker a deal to give donbas to Russia, open gas pipelines from Russia to western Europe, and promise no Ukraine to Nato in exchange for assurance of no further expansion ambitions to kiev, latvia, poland, etc. and as an incentive for them to start decoupling from China along with the west. Sending hundreds of billions of our money over to ukraine to be laundered and to keep a forever war going is more likely to end up getting hot for our sons and daughters than it is going to solve and improve anything. It's a waste when we're already 34 trillion in debt and a much more serious adversary in China that is far more ambitious and aggressive. How many more thousands of military aged chinese nationals need to waltz across our open southern border while western propaganda brainwashes the masses to obsess over stacking russian dead bodies in ukraine?
twk
AG
Quote:

you don't have to go that far back to see the "not another inch" claims from the west that they reneged on,
According to the Russians. The Western leaders claim there was no such agreement. You have decided to rely upon the Russian's story.
Woods Ag
AG
That's all you choose to comment on? Ok, whether they made the promise or not is irrelevant. It was pretty clear that Russia was not going to take well to NATO advancement to their border when NATOs reason for being is to be a Russian deterrent. i.e. - adversary to Russia.
Woods Ag
AG
I would offer NATO invites to Russia and Ukraine with stipulations of Russia assisting in the rebuilding of Ukraine.

Russia must pull out of Ukraine completely and conquered Ukrainian territories get to vote to remain part of Ukraine or become part of Russia. Have NATO enforce a fair vote.
oh no
AG
either way. make a deal. stop killing. and usa stop funding.
Woods Ag
AG
It won't happen, so it doesn't matter. We've villainized Russia to the point of no return.
Agthatbuilds
Woods Ag said:

I would offer NATO invites to Russia and Ukraine with stipulations of Russia assisting in the rebuilding of Ukraine.

Russia must pull out of Ukraine completely and conquered Ukrainian territories get to vote to remain part of Ukraine or become part of Russia. Have NATO enforce a fair vote.

I think that is a solid plan. It will either call russia's bluff, which imo is patently obvious, or will end the war.

I dont think putin would respond, however.
twk
AG
Woods Ag said:

That's all you choose to comment on? Ok, whether they made the promise or not is irrelevant. It was pretty clear that Russia was not going to take well to NATO advancement to their border when NATOs reason for being is to be a Russian deterrent. i.e. - adversary to Russia.
Yes, because the rest was a lot of Russian propaganda mixed with bad ideas.

No one provoked Russia to invade Ukraine. Pushing that lie pretty much uses up his credibility.

If we are going to ask Ukraine to trade land for peace, the only way that works is with NATO membership. Without a treaty obligation whereby a Russian attack on Ukraine is an attack on NATO, Russia will not be dissuaded, regardless of what they promise.

Re-establishing energy ties between Russia and Europe would also be foolish from a security standpoint. Western Europe needs to find other sources of energy (it would help if the Germans weren't so stupidly hung up on their green energy project).

The effort to link China to this mess is nonsensical.

The idea that Ukraine is a kleptocracy that needs reform and that Russia's imperialist dreams need to be kept in check are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true.
oh no
AG
It's really easy for people who have soaked up all the western propaganda to their feeble heart's content over the years to just dismiss any other possible notion as "russian propaganda"... let's just keep stacking russian dead bodies then. it must be the only way unless you're a putin stooge, right?
Woods Ag
AG
twk said:

Woods Ag said:

Yes, because the rest was a lot of Russian propaganda mixed with bad ideas.

No one provoked Russia to invade Ukraine. Pushing that lie pretty much uses up his credibility.

If we are going to ask Ukraine to trade land for peace, the only way that works is with NATO membership. Without a treaty obligation whereby a Russian attack on Ukraine is an attack on NATO, Russia will not be dissuaded, regardless of what they promise.

Re-establishing energy ties between Russia and Europe would also be foolish from a security standpoint. Western Europe needs to find other sources of energy (it would help if the Germans weren't so stupidly hung up on their green energy project).

The effort to link China to this mess is nonsensical.

The idea that Ukraine is a kleptocracy that needs reform and that Russia's imperialist dreams need to be kept in check are not mutually exclusive. Both can be true.
This is utter bull**** to be frank.

Putin wanting Ukraine lands since he took office and him being provoked are also not mutually exclusive.
Agthatbuilds
Of course, nato expansion isn't a legitimate provocation for invading a sovereign country who is allowed to determine their own course.

Woods Ag
AG
it's gross. some people have no capability to think critically. Just parrot some old talking point. Russia bad, US good.
Woods Ag
AG
It is...

Again, I'll cite Russia's activity in Cuba and that we were as close as you can possibly be to pushing the button and starting a nuclear war. Why is that? They didn't attack us... They jsut wanted some ocean front property in the Caribbean, I guess?

If you tell me you are my enemy and then you take aggressive steps towards me, I am going to react before you start landing punches on me.
oh no
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

nato expansion isn't a legitimate provocation
I'm sure USA would just sit there idly by if a China-Russia-Iran evil axis alliance was installing bases in Canada or Mexico. That wouldn't be a legitimate provocation.
twk
AG
Woods Ag said:

It is...

Again, I'll cite Russia's activity in Cuba and that we were as close as you can possibly be to pushing the button and starting a nuclear war. Why is that? They didn't attack us... They jsut wanted some ocean front property in the Caribbean, I guess?

If you tell me you are my enemy and then you take aggressive steps towards me, I am going to react before you start landing punches on me.
So, NATO accepting Poland and the Baltic States means that Russia was justified in seeking to wipe Ukraine off the map? I fail to see the logic there. Seems to me that NATO expanding might justify Russia persuading its neighbors to join a Russian led defense alliance, but not to attack its neighbors.
Woods Ag
AG
Another thing...

This idea that Ukraine deserves to be free and we should support htem to the bitter end is laughable. I want to be free too. I don't want to pay taxes anymore and I've consulted with myself and have determined that by my own free will I declare myself my own sovereign country. The rest of the free world should protect me from any infringement on that by the USA. Right?

If they want their land to be independent of Russia let them fight for it on their own without our help. Your right to be free is only guaranteed by your ability to enforce that freedom by those that say otherwise.
Agthatbuilds
It's not the same ****ing situation. We already addressed that claim threads ago.

Why do so many former society states want to join nato?

You keep saying natos expansion is justification for this invasion as if it's fact. It's opinion, and an unsupported one at that.

Nato is a defensive organization, that, prior to russias invasion, had no ability to mount any sort of offensive threat to Russia. It probably still couldn't do so. It exists as a hedge against Russian aggression. And, apparently rightfully so, seeing how Russia invaded Georgia and Ukraine.

Nato, nazis, missile shields and whatever other paranoia based reasons putin gives are not why he invaded. He went because he either a)wanted the vast resources of eastern Ukraine or b) he's trying to put the band back together c) both.

That's the core of the reasoning. Everything else is fluff

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.