The Tucker interview with Putin

29,359 Views | 486 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by oh no
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who is that interviewing him?
Woods Ag
AG
That was phenomenal. Ty for posting
1836er
AG
For those who didn't get all the way to the end of that interview you missed the most powerful part... where he delineates people into two groups: those who know they are not God, and those who think they are God.

It's the last couple minutes I'd suggest listening.
Woods Ag
AG
Yes, but I recommend listening to all of it

Edit: idk why I have a sad emoji. That's not intentional
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Humility and wisdom ..tough to beat people that are rich in both.
1836er
AG
Woods Ag said:

Yes, but I recommend listening to all of it
Yes well worth the time. Another one that I think is really worth the time is the speech he gave up in Edmonton a couple weeks ago.

https://tuckercarlson.com/sworn-enemy-edmonton-speech/
VaultingChemist
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Who is that interviewing him?
He was interviewed by Egyptian journalist Emad Eldin Adeeb.
nortex97
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

Teslag said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Correction said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

But my main takeaway was how stupid and trashy our politicians are in comparison. I was fine with Russia doing their own thing and for us letting them settle old border skirmishes that we have no business involving ourselves in. Now I'm actively rooting for them to take what is theirs...it's the way of the world.

This board never ceases to amaze me. Jesus Christ.
Care to refute? Did you watch the whole thing? We are a bunch of clowns. And I am not just talking about "the squad", or the other insanely stupid politicians continuing to wreck this country. Vast majority of republicans too.

Well the idea that other sovereign nations are "theirs" for starters…
Don't care, way of the world since the dawn of time...trying to take back lands that were theirs for a LONG time.

Why should we care. Why should we sacrifice and compromise our childrens' futures just that much more over this?
We have to care because of the money laundering/kickbacks to our political class.

Just one example. Again, keep in mind most/all of the Burisma board were Russian billionaires. Ukraine is one giant Venn diagram of graft, criminality and corruption, as well with Russia.
bobbranco
AG

Votes bought and sold is more prevalent than voters can imagine.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
bobbranco said:

nortex97
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

bobbranco said:

Not just votes.

txags92
AG
nortex97 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

bobbranco said:

Not just votes.

The FBI listening to him explain Biden's money trail from the Chinese…

oh no
AG
oh no
AG
oh no said:

For reference, he mentions how clean and nice and safe cities like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Tokyo, Moscow are vs how unsafe and decrepit places like Paris, London, NYC, Chicago are and talks about the safety in the subway in Moscow vs NYC

Teslag
AG
Woods Ag said:

It is about money laundering for us. Ukraine has our politicians by the balls bc of it. For Russia it was about putting a cushion between them and NATO.

And now NATO has expanded their border with Russia. Brilliant move.
txags92
AG
oh no said:

oh no said:

For reference, he mentions how clean and nice and safe cities like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Tokyo, Moscow are vs how unsafe and decrepit places like Paris, London, NYC, Chicago are and talks about the safety in the subway in Moscow vs NYC

There is a demographic that is largely absent in most of those cities that is prominent in the crime issues in most American cities with subways. It is also easy to govern a large and fractious population when you just kill or imprison anybody who argues with what you want to do. Tucker is accurate about some of what he says, but the things he praises Russia and Putin for ignore that the means necessary to get there in many cases directly clash with the personal freedoms he claims to value.
Woods Ag
AG
What?

Edit: Expanded our border with Russia doesn't make sense to me. We moved closer to Russia which I would take as an aggressive action, as did Russia.
Texas velvet maestro
txags92 said:

oh no said:

There is a demographic that is largely absent in most of those cities that is prominent in the crime issues in most American cities with subways. It is also easy to govern a large and fractious population when you just kill or imprison anybody who argues with what you want to do. Tucker is accurate about some of what he says, but the things he praises Russia and Putin for ignore that the means necessary to get there in many cases directly clash with the personal freedoms he claims to value.
I think the argument runs on different lines. We need to enforce the laws on the books, and control our borders. And we need the kind of reinvestment in the country that results in clean and safe public facilities. And maybe some architecture here and there that doesn't look like communist russia circa 1960. And finally to aspire again to unity, instead of actively, aggressively from the nation's capital, promoting division and deconstruction.

at the moment they want to send another 100 billion to ukraine.
Woods Ag
AG
What are those freedoms that he's ignoring to clean up our streets and make it safe for people to walk down the streets in NY, SF, Seattle, etc etc?
txags92
AG
Woods Ag said:

What are those freedoms that he's ignoring to clean up our streets and make it safe for people to walk down the streets in NY, SF, Seattle, etc etc?
Regarding street crime specifically, I was referring more to the general absence of a certain demographic in places like Moscow, Tokyo, etc. that is responsible for a disproportionate amount of crime here. The comments on his methods and such that trample freedoms have more to do with how he has stayed in power and ruled over a country made up of lots of different communities and cultures. We absolutely should be WAY harder on crime. I would be in favor of making conviction of a class A misdemeanor or felony a disqualifying factor for receiving public benefits.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
jamey said:

Tuckers txt with his coworkers shows he's got no scruples and states things as fact he doesn't even believe.

Who gives a crap what he does. He's just cashing in, he's that's wrong with America.

Good. Grief.

This is embarrassing.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Correction said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

But my main takeaway was how stupid and trashy our politicians are in comparison. I was fine with Russia doing their own thing and for us letting them settle old border skirmishes that we have no business involving ourselves in. Now I'm actively rooting for them to take what is theirs...it's the way of the world.

Care to actually refute the post you quoted? I am interested in your take.
Woods Ag
AG
I'm in favor of brutal public beatings. Outright, no partiality, this is the rules, if you can't abide by them we will beat you until you leave or adhere.
txags92
AG
Woods Ag said:

I'm in favor of brutal public beatings. Outright, no partiality, this is the rules, if you can't abide by them we will beat you until you leave or adhere.
I would be in favor of that too, but the constitution says we can't do that, at least as "cruel and unusual punishments" are currently defined by the courts. We can't even kill people under a death penalty if it is deemed that we might cause too much pain along the way to their death. So we need to take away something meaningful to them...either their freedom by putting them in jail or their livelihood by taking away their housing and sustenance.
jamey
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

jamey said:

Tuckers txt with his coworkers shows he's got no scruples and states things as fact he doesn't even believe.

Who gives a crap what he does. He's just cashing in, he's that's wrong with America.

Good. Grief.

This is embarrassing.

I believe CNN is just as bad though I have no caught red handed proof like I do with FoxNews.

I don't believe who I want to believe but rather who seems trustworthy and imo its neither organization.
BluHorseShu
AG
Woods Ag said:

Fascinating. So President Nicolas Maduro has been doing it right all along. Knew it. Next we can check voting records and beat those that didn't vote the way we think they should, because of course those votes are traitorous.
No Spin Ag
jamey said:

jamey said:

Good. Grief.

This is embarrassing.

I believe CNN is just as bad though I have no caught red handed proof like I do with FoxNews.

I don't believe who I want to believe but rather who seems trustworthy and imo its neither organization.

You've got a point, that many people see.

If an outlet caters to one demographic, it's harder to believe they're putting out, "just the facts," and don't put out what they know they're viewers want.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
jamey
AG
No Spin Ag said:

jamey said:

jamey said:

Good. Grief.

This is embarrassing.

You've got a point, that many people see.

If an outlet caters to one demographic, it's harder to believe they're putting out, "just the facts," and don't put out what they know they're viewers want.

What's funny is thry often don't even cover the same stories, or one will burry the lead on page 3 if you can find it at all and the other makes it headlines.

It's pick your echo chamber news.

Woods Ag
AG
didn't say that...

If you can't show the most basic level of decency and respect your fellow man/woman then I'm in favor of it.
Woods Ag
AG
its gross. I feel dirty looking at either site.
jamey
AG
Woods Ag said:

its gross. I feel dirty looking at either site.

If ya look at 1, ya gotta look at the other one, then divide the news by 2
Woods Ag
AG
lol exactly. I do exactly this. If i wander onto Fox News I must look at CNN to feel ok about it, and vise versa.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

Fair enough on that!
Teslag
AG

Correction said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

What specifically do you want him to refute?
El Gallo Blanco
Teslag said:

Correction said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

What specifically do you want him to refute?
You're the guy who just posts things like "Dead Russians" with a "thumbs up" emoji. You also hoped that people who faked vaccine cards to keep their jobs would be reported to HR and law enforcement.

i think he's trying to get a rebuttal from a more reasonable person.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.