The Tucker interview with Putin

29,319 Views | 486 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by oh no
Daddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
suburban cowboy said:

At least Russia has a leader that loves and serves his country

Absolutely
Actually elected a real competent leader that sharp as a knife that loves his country that's not putting his country up for sale whether you agree with his agenda or not as a United States citizen

I actually listen to it and said man I wish he was our president versus poopy pants who's bought and paid for by people that hate our country that are trying to implode it.

The Return of the Fightin' Texas Aggies
jamey
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

jamey said:

Tuckers txt with his coworkers shows he's got no scruples and states things as fact he doesn't even believe.

Who gives a crap what he does. He's just cashing in, he's that's wrong with America.

Lol

His biggest concern between reality and what's reported is the stock price

That's just reality, he texted it himself
Waffledynamics
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

I'm not a Tucker fan…but I respect the hell out of this.

Tucker's obnoxious, but that took balls so big he has to put them in a wheelbarrow to ask Putin that.
oysterbayAG
AG
Could Biden do a 2 hour interview with Tucker?
tandy miller
AG
oysterbayAG said:

Can Biden stay awake for a 2 hours at a time?
TyHolden
AG
oysterbayAG said:

It would probably take all 4 of the Joes to finish it. They are all over 80 I understand.
FCBlitz
Teslag said:

And many will justify him attacking the Poles and blame the US for it. What a time to be alive.

Poland will be able to hurt Russia. If Russia attacked Poland…….lets just say it would not end well for Russia.
Johnny Park!
Funky Winkerbean said:

Did I understand that correctly that Russia was seeking entry into NATO?

It was a hypothetical that would have changed the course of history.

But understandable why it was scuttled. US would no longer have been able to unilaterally dominate the alliance and would have risked splintering NATO at some point, probably over Balkans or Turkey.
Mike Hancho
Daddy said:

suburban cowboy said:

Absolutely
Actually elected a real competent leader that sharp as a knife that loves his country that's not putting his country up for sale whether you agree with his agenda or not as a United States citizen

I actually listen to it and said man I wish he was our president versus poopy pants who's bought and paid for by people that hate our country that are trying to implode it.

Elected? Lmao.

It's amazing how many of the far right thinks Putin is a good "alpha male" badass. You're being played by a KGB agent who want to restore the ussr
GenericAggie
AG
txags92 said:

AtticusMatlock said:

That's the whole point of the US sending arms to Ukraine. Ukraine is in the way of Russia's real targets.
And it is a hell of a lot cheaper to pay for the Ukrainians to bleed the Russians dry of men and equipment than it would be to go to the aid of NATO member Poland with our own men and equipment 10 years from now if we let Russia take what they want from Ukraine.

You think we're bleeding them dry? You don't know the economics of the situation in terms of cost and manufacturing capabilities, specifically bullets and heavy equipment. Our manufacturing capabilities is poor at best. Bullets? Not a good situation. Maybe we're ramping up manufacturing but 6 months ago, by our own accounts, we're not bleeding Russia dry of anything. They can manufacture 4x the bullets at 25% the cost.
HollywoodBQ
AG
BCG Disciple said:

Thought Obama's apology tours got rid of all mean people. I don't understand this aggression. Love, not hate. No human is illegal. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
It would be a lot cheaper to just send Ukraine a bunch of those signs that say - Hate has no home here, no person is illegal, etc.
AggieKO
AG
Curious if Putin understands English but can't speak it? His answers are much quicker than Tuckers.
tandy miller
AG
How was Tucker getting the translation? I didn't see an earpiece like vlad's
C@LAg
AggieKO said:

Curious if Putin understands English but can't speak it? His answers are much quicker than Tuckers.
he understands English well and can speak it, although not fluently.
C@LAg
tandy miller said:

he is a communist plant. duh.
txags92
AG
GenericAggie said:

txags92 said:

AtticusMatlock said:

That's the whole point of the US sending arms to Ukraine. Ukraine is in the way of Russia's real targets.
And it is a hell of a lot cheaper to pay for the Ukrainians to bleed the Russians dry of men and equipment than it would be to go to the aid of NATO member Poland with our own men and equipment 10 years from now if we let Russia take what they want from Ukraine.

You think we're bleeding them dry? You don't know the economics of the situation in terms of cost and manufacturing capabilities, specifically bullets and heavy equipment. Our manufacturing capabilities is poor at best. Bullets? Not a good situation. Maybe we're ramping up manufacturing but 6 months ago, by our own accounts, we're not bleeding Russia dry of anything. They can manufacture 4x the bullets at 25% the cost.
Cool, now do modern tanks and guided missiles. I am sure they are buying artillery from the Norks and drones from Iran just to help share the economic largesse with their ideological buddies? Can't possibly be because they can't manufacture enough of what they really need, right? And I am sure they are bringing unmodernized T-62s out of storage because they are a better choice for the task than the 200 T-90s they claim to be building every month?

The Russians are bleeding their economy of military aged (and older) men that they didn't have enough of to begin with and lost a huge chunk of their best and brightest who fled the country, never to return. The long term impacts of what this war is doing to Russia will go far beyond whether they can manufacture ammunition or not. And at the same time, we are modernizing our stockpiles and ramping up our own production capabilities that will make us stronger in the future. We are learning a great deal about how our weapons systems work in the real world and are getting direct knowledge of how the Russian systems perform as well.

All without putting a single American life at risk. We have helped the Ukrainians kill a huge number of Russians and destroy billions of dollars of top line Russian ships, planes, helicopters, tanks, electronic warfare equipment, etc. for a bargain price compared to what it would cost us in money and lives to do it ourselves.
Serious Lee
tandy miller said:

well russia is still kinda stuck in the 90s, they hope to get wireless earbuds soon.
AgsWin2011
AG
Tucker is clearly Russian and brainwashing our US Citizens! It's all part of Putin's plan! RUSSIAAAAAAA
Ramdiesel
oysterbayAG said:

After about 2 minutes, he'd probably say I have my orders not to answer that question Tucker..We have a puppet for a President and not a very smart one...

Russia has a President that can recite 800 years of history like he is reading it from an Encyclopedia, who is also warning us, his biggest enemy in the world, that our economy and the dollar is going to shigt if we don't change the way we look at the world...Telling us that the sanctions we put on Russia and other countries only weakens us, weakens the dollar more than it hurts them...And it is reality...

Really strange times.
Texas velvet maestro
Wow I can say a lot about this interview, and maybe I'm a sucker, and maybe the feeling I have is exactly the one Putin wanted me to have (going into all that history and then his points at the end of the talk), but I get the feeling that 100 years from now Russia will still be there represented by russian people. And fractious USA will be a fully failed experiment. sliced up and diced up by self-interest, those with no national pride, and bad actors.
We just have a constitution and a flag, and everything is for sale.
Just a matter of time.
as the chinese would say, tik tok
1836er
AG
I thought Tucker did an excellent job.

He went into the bear's den and asked straightforward, sometimes tough, questions... and when Putin obfuscated he wasn't afraid to press the issue further. There was maybe one softball question in the whole thing.

What I especially appreciated is that they weren't stupid "gotcha" questions designed to produce soundbites, but were designed to get Putin to flesh out his thought processes/reasoning. For those who haven't watched Tucker do interviews, by the way, that's his style when he's playing the role of journalist.

And holy carp when he point blank asked Putin to send Evan Gershkovich home with him, and then doubled down on the request when Putin refused... dude's got more balls than the entirety of the White House Press Corps.

As far as Putin's responses go... here's my rough breakdown:

40% right on point
35% obfuscation/avoidance
25% straight up lies/bull****
nortex97
AG
I think anytime a politician caps out around 25% BS, it's a decent showing from them.

It was a very interesting unscripted performance, intended for different audiences, imho. Much of that was not simply of course to convince Americans or influence American opinion about him/Russia, but for other/domestic consumption on their side (and other world leaders), imho.

The other thing is how great it is that MSM/fake news media is functionally dead, and largely irrelevant moving forward:

C@LAg
the difference is that the MSM makes money. Even shifty, low viewed product like MSNBC.

Twitter/X.. not so much.

yes, it was highly viewed. but was it highly monetized?

news, even well researched/executed news, cannot exist or survive without ongoing funding/revenue streams.

BMX Bandit
going to watch full thing later, but clips I've seen have been great.

he asked tough and fair questions as I (and others) predicted he would at start of thread. this notion he had to bow down to putin and only ask softballs never made sense.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Teslag said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Jeeper79 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Jeeper79 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

No Spin Ag said:

Teslag said:

And many will justify him attacking the Poles and blame the US for it. What a time to be alive.

Justifying the deaths of innocent people just doesn't make sense to me. But, yes, what a time to be alive.

Paying for innocent people to kill innocent people sucks too.
Wait… You think both sides are innocent?

No, but deaths of innocent people is a byproduct of war.
When another country invades your own, nobody crossing the border to kill you is innocent.

I never said otherwise.

But you did passively assign fault to the Ukrainians for dying since they had the audacity to defend their homeland.
I'm not blaming innocent people. Learn to read.
K2-HMFIC
nortex97 said:

I think anytime a politician caps out around 25% BS, it's a decent showing from them.

It was a very interesting unscripted performance, intended for different audiences, imho. Much of that was not simply of course to convince Americans or influence American opinion about him/Russia, but for other/domestic consumption on their side (and other world leaders), imho.

The other thing is how great it is that MSM/fake news media is functionally dead, and largely irrelevant moving forward:

Um. How many bots are on Twitter?
ttu_85
Mike Hancho said:

Daddy said:

suburban cowboy said:

Absolutely

Elected? Lmao.

It's amazing how many of the far right thinks Putin is a good "alpha male" badass. You're being played by a KGB agent who want to restore the ussr
Wow the ignorance in this post is off the charts. Its sad 10 equally ignorant people starred this.

1. Putin has never sought to re-establish the USSR. The man has been very critical of communism.
2. Yes he was once KGB but clearly had no problem with it turning into the FSB

What he does want is

1. To reestablish the Russian Empire; not remotely the same as the USSR politically. Geographically yes.
2. Is he an alpha leader- Clearly? He also invaded his neighbor and I think wants Poland dead.
3. Does he love his country. Absolutely. Does our current leadership love ours-- Obviously no way given they are allowing it to be invaded.

There are reasons to blast Putin. His extreme nationalism is definitely a threat to Europe especially Poland and the Baltics. Just take a little time to educated yourself a little to understand what you are pissed off about.

BTW those that starred this junk own it.

Your posting is constantly laced with basic inaccuracies
Wabs
AG
jamey said:

Tuckers txt with his coworkers shows he's got no scruples and states things as fact he doesn't even believe.

Who gives a crap what he does. He's just cashing in, he's that's wrong with America.
fc2112
There's also no doubt Putin is 100X smarter than our president.
ttu_85
fc2112 said:

There's also no doubt Putin is 100X smarter than our president.
Whoopie so is my daughters dog.
Tibbers
Yay for war and death! Why is Russia our enemy again?
bobbranco
AG
Lol. The stray cat that is now roadkill is smarter than Biden.
MouthBQ98
AG
Yes. Keep in mind Putin is the head Oligarch too, effectively. He is a billionaire mostly discreetly, but his focus is power and putting power to use instead of amassing wealth. He drew much of his power by being the politically acceptable and populist face of that group amongst the Russian population, and restoring order from the post breakup chaos, even if it was through authoritarianism. An alliance with his peers in their respective areas of economic power helped him reach and stay at the top, until he had fixed his position. Keeping them satisfied as a group does matter and the war definitely strains that economically, but I think it also helps empower Putin as long as it does not hot terribly badly in the view of the Russian public.

Putin can use wars to reestablish Russian sovereignty or prestige pretty much almost endlessly to keep his population focused on that matter and off of any dissatisfaction they might feel. It is something Russia is culturally used to.
Illuminaggie
Funky Winkerbean said:

No Spin Ag said:

Teslag said:

Justifying the deaths of innocent people just doesn't make sense to me. But, yes, what a time to be alive.

Paying for innocent people to kill innocent people sucks too.

I must point out that the Russians literally emptied prisons and sent convicted rapists and murderers into villages of innocent women and children.

Nanomachines son
Watching this Putin interview I came away with the fact that I hate modern American politics. Putin knows his nation's history and we should expect that from our leaders. We used to have this and we used to have leaders who knew history dating back to Jamestown and back into England and Europe.

Regardless of Putin's motivations or lies, you cannot say he has not studied history and geopolitics extensively. We need to expect this and demand it from our own leaders.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.