The Tucker interview with Putin

29,541 Views | 486 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by oh no
Agthatbuilds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There are about 5 oulther countries that don't keep nukes but participate in the mission sets
Woods Ag
AG
So Russia should trust that we wouldn't put missiles in Ukraine? Take our word for it..
Agthatbuilds
Would we need to in the modern times? Why would we?

We can drive one of super sneaky boomer subs or fly one of our super secret jets right up to their doorstep.

And, so what if we did? What is Russia planning that would require a nuke in response?

I get it. You think Nato is a threat to Russia's existence. I disagree. Nato will not proactively do anything to Russia.
Woods Ag
AG
Agreed. We a nuclear sub may be on their doorstep now.

There you go with the "defensive" stuff. Them moving towards Russia is in no way defensive. You should ask from the Russian perspective "what does NATO have planned that they need to be on our doorstep."

Agthatbuilds
Clearly to keep from being invaded

See Georgia, Ukraine.

It makes sense that former Soviet block counties who are now independent would want to ally together with their bigger western neighbors for protection from their former comrades who are led by someone with an apparently obsessive desire to put as much of it back together as he can.

I don't necessarily buy putin will move on to other countries if/when he takes Ukraine as I maintain this war is about energy, food and land.

Teslag
AG
Woods Ag said:

Idk. From what I read Poland has asked for them.

So the answer is zero then correct?
Teslag
AG
Woods Ag said:

Agreed. We a nuclear sub may be on their doorstep now.

There you go with the "defensive" stuff. Them moving towards Russia is in no way defensive. You should ask from the Russian perspective "what does NATO have planned that they need to be on our doorstep."

It's defensive if you're country that's invaded.
Agthatbuilds
No, the answer is 5
Teslag
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Clearly to keep from being invaded

See Georgia, Ukraine.

It makes sense that former society block counties who are now independent would want to ally together with their bigger western neighbors for protection from their former comrades who are lead by someone with an apparently obsessive desire to put as much of it back together as he can.

I don't necessarily buy putin will move.on to other countries if/when he takes Ukraine as I maintain this war is about energy, food and land.

Yep. NATO and Nazis have always been BS. This is and has always been a land grab.
Teslag
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

No, the answer is 5

I asked what former Soviet bloc NATO countries had our nukes in them.

The answer is zero
Agthatbuilds
My bad. Carry on
Woods Ag
AG
I'm done. This isn't constructive anymore. Our minds are made up and we'll just keep going in circles and I'm bored now.

Agthatbuilds
Dang
Teslag
AG
Woods Ag said:

I'm done. This isn't constructive anymore. Our minds are made up and we'll just keep going in circles and I'm bored now.

It's not about making up minds. You contend Russia has a valid worry about nukes being parked in Ukraine when NATO has yet to do this in any former Soviet countries and despite nato not having a need to do this with current delivery systems.
Woods Ag
AG
Ok, so I misspoke about nukes. They irrelevant as stated above. We could have a sub in the sea next to Russia now and probably do.

Doesn't matter. It is aggressive action toward russia to suggest and work towards Ukraine joining nato. That was stupid if we weren't looking for a fight. Like
I said before, smart people in Washington know this and they did it anyways, meaning they wanted this.

**** them for that.
txags92
AG
Woods Ag said:

So Russia should trust that we wouldn't put missiles in Ukraine? Take our word for it..

But we can totally trust Putin that if we give him the valuable and productive half of Ukraine and drop the sanctions against him that he won't try to take anymore of "Historical Russian" territory.
Teslag
AG
Woods Ag said:

Ok, so I misspoke about nukes. They irrelevant as stated above. We could have a sub in the sea next to Russia now and probably do.

Doesn't matter. It is aggressive action toward russia to suggest and work towards Ukraine joining nato. That was stupid if we weren't looking for a fight. Like
I said before, smart people in Washington know this and they did it anyways, meaning they wanted this.

**** them for that.

So you don't think Ukraine has any reason to join a defensive pact? None whatsoever?
Woods Ag
AG
Answering both of you.

No we should not trust Russia at all at the moment.

We should have admitted Russia and Ukraine a long time ago and avoided this whole thing. Why would we not do that?
snowdog90
Teslag said:

Woods Ag said:

**** them for that.

So you don't think Ukraine has any reason to join a defensive pact? None whatsoever?

I can't believe this question.

Putin wanted NATO to stay out of Ukraine and was going to sign a peace treaty if they did. Ukraine says no, we want NATO and their "defensive pact".

The results of that have been a Russian invasion and hundreds of thousands of dead Ukrainians. How is that "defensive pact" working so far?

Zelenski may not care about this because he is a corrupt puppet of Biden and Boris Johnson, but the people of Ukraine would go back and sign that treaty in a second if they could.

Yes, Putin is horrible, and the invasion is horrible, but it could have and should have been avoided. And it could be ended, but the warmongers of the west don't want that. They're making too much money.

And, as always, it's the masses that are suffering and being killed in a war they probably don't understand and never wanted.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
And the US taxpayer is funding their ignorance.
txags92
AG
snowdog90 said:

Teslag said:

Woods Ag said:

**** them for that.

Putin wanted NATO to stay out of Ukraine and was going to sign a peace treaty if they did. Ukraine says no, we want NATO and their "defensive pact".

The results of that have been a Russian invasion and hundreds of thousands of dead Ukrainians. How is that "defensive pact" working so far?

Zelenski may not care about this because he is a corrupt puppet of Biden and Boris Johnson, but the people of Ukraine would go back and sign that treaty in a second if they could.

Yes, Putin is horrible, and the invasion is horrible, but it could have and should have been avoided. And it could be ended, but the warmongers of the west don't want that. They're making too much money.

And, as always, it's the masses that are suffering and being killed in a war they probably don't understand and never wanted.

That treaty offer from Putin was worth just as much as the Russian guarantee that they would not invade if Ukraine gave up their nukes.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
txags92 said:

snowdog90 said:

Teslag said:

Woods Ag said:

**** them for that.

That treaty offer from Putin was worth just as much as the Russian guarantee that they would not invade if Ukraine gave up their nukes.
So you risk hundreds of thousands of lives to call his bluff?
WolfCall
AG
Argue all you want. Time to end the war.
txags92
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

txags92 said:

snowdog90 said:

Teslag said:

Woods Ag said:

**** them for that.

So you risk hundreds of thousands of lives to call his bluff?

No, you don't trust any assurance from Russia about anything because they will violate them as soon as they are ready.
Texas velvet maestro
Teslag said:

They're the most corrupt country in europe, where money is laundered and much that's illegal elsewhere flourishes. The "government" treats the people like fodder. They have all sorts of pacts flying around. A strategic wasteland.
captkirk
AG
nortex97
AG
Well of course. Xiden=weak US controlled by China and wars of opportunity and profit for Russian oligarchs/BRICS. Democrats have always loved the Soviets/Russians. Biden himself always loved them. And happily accepted 7 figures into the familia courtesy of the former mayor of Moscow's widow. Muh, Russian collusion, etc.
txags92
AG
nortex97 said:

Well of course. Xiden=weak US controlled by China and wars of opportunity and profit for Russian oligarchs/BRICS. Democrats have always loved the Soviets/Russians. Biden himself always loved them. And happily accepted 7 figures into the familia courtesy of the former mayor of Moscow's widow. Muh, Russian collusion, etc.
Of course he does. There is a reason he started trying to take Ukraine in 2014, then put the effort on hold for a few years. Only reason he waited until 2022 instead of going in 2021 was the Chinese didn't want him to upstage their Olympics.
Teslag
AG
snowdog90 said:

Teslag said:

Woods Ag said:

**** them for that.

Putin wanted Ukraine to be a part of Russia. How does Ukraine avoid that without war?
Teslag
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

Teslag said:

They're the most corrupt country in europe, where money is laundered and much that's illegal elsewhere flourishes. The "government" treats the people like fodder. They have all sorts of pacts flying around. A strategic wasteland.

And does any of this mean the Ukrainian people don't have a right to not be Russians? Or at the very least not be killed and raped by them?
nortex97
AG
Putin frustrated at Tucker Carlton is pretty funny;
Quote:

he final interview was two hours long and has been seen by hundreds of millions of people. Before it, Carlson was criticized for speaking to Putin at all and afterwards, for not asking the Russian president certain things.

"I think your Carlson I say yours, since he's a member of your profession is a dangerous man,"
Putin told journalist Pavel Zarubin on the sidelines of the Future Technologies Forum in Moscow.

"I thought he would be aggressive, ask me sharp questions. I was not just ready for that, I wanted that, so I could give equally sharp answers,"
Putin explained. "But he chose a different tactic."

Carlson ended up patiently sitting through Putin's lengthy digression into history and "did not give me an occasion to do something I had prepared for," Putin said. "Frankly speaking, I did not get the full satisfaction from this interview."

Commenting on reactions to the interview from the West, Putin said it was a good thing that the leaders there watched and listened to what he had to say but bad that they felt the need to twist his words.
Asked if Carlson could face rep
No Spin Ag
Teslag said:

Teslag said:

And does any of this mean the Ukrainian people don't have a right to not be Russians? Or at the very least not be killed and raped by them?

One would think.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Jeeper79
AG

Teslag said:

No, that title goes to Russia.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Teslag said:

snowdog90 said:

Teslag said:

Woods Ag said:

**** them for that.

Putin wanted Ukraine to be a part of Russia. How does Ukraine avoid that without war?

What makes Ukraine worth our investment given how corrupt it is? Why should we care more than its citizens?
Teslag
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Teslag said:

snowdog90 said:

Teslag said:

Woods Ag said:

**** them for that.

What makes Ukraine worth our investment given how corrupt it is? Why should we care more than its citizens?

You don't have to. And it's valid to not care and not want to spend your tax dollars assisting.

But that doesn't mean people have to then justify Russias invasion and/or support the murder and rape of the Ukrainian people.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.